Recent change to accessories

Started 3 Oct 2019
by Aidereh
in Crafting
I remember seeing this here and everyone was against it, why was it implemented?
Thu 3 Oct 2019 2:29 AM by ExcretusMaximus
One: Because it's needed to reduce the rate of inflation.

Two: Because not "everyone" was against it, because they understand one.

Three: Many of the people who were against it, were against it because they didn't want to have to template again, and now they won't; durability never goes down.
Thu 3 Oct 2019 9:00 AM by Frigzy
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 3 Oct 2019 2:29 AM
One: Because it's needed to reduce the rate of inflation.

Two: Because not "everyone" was against it, because they understand one.

Three: Many of the people who were against it, were against it because they didn't want to have to template again, and now they won't; durability never goes down.

Have fun seeing your coin deplete lol
Thu 3 Oct 2019 2:36 PM by chryso
I think this is really going to hurt with alts that you give high level accessories to.
Tue 5 Nov 2019 8:04 PM by daytonchambers
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 3 Oct 2019 2:29 AM
Many of the people who were against it, were against it because they didn't want to have to template again, and now they won't; durability never goes down.

But ever since vanilla live nobody bothered to repair accessories in the first place, as they worked at 70% unless there were +skills on the item. So re-templating due to broken accessories wasn't a thing even back then. Hell, there's still even a loading screen tip about this.

This is simply a shiny new economy tax that hits players unevenly in an attempt to combat inflation =(
Fri 8 Nov 2019 12:27 AM by stewbeedoo
chryso wrote:
Thu 3 Oct 2019 2:36 PM
I think this is really going to hurt with alts that you give high level accessories to.

This is very, very true.

For example, I threw a bunch of higher level ROGs on my Champ while levelling him 20-30.
They got to 97%-98% con so I used the nifty new repair all Smith feature.
The Smith proposed charging me 695 gold to repair.
This is crazy. I will salvage the gear rather than pay to repair it LOL.

I liked the fact that previously accessories did not wear down. This change needs a nerf plz.
Thu 18 Jun 2020 8:36 PM by Icess
This Change is Terrible i know of quite a few people who have Quit because of it.....Open a few high quality blanks when you try to template and you will find they no longer give decent Utility for 99 and 100 quality.... High 50s low 60s for 99 and low 70s for a MP Blank. They want you to spend 50k feathers on your items to get the utility you require for a template....I for one dont want to PVE for a week to build a template. This is the single worst Implamentation of a new system i have ever seen from Phoenix. Its a Great Idea enacted in a bad way.....The Devs will evaluate the loss of Population and the Massive complaint list and they will adjust it. The Problem is How long will they take to do so and will it be to late.
Thu 18 Jun 2020 8:39 PM by gotwqqd
Icess wrote:
Thu 18 Jun 2020 8:36 PM
This Change is Terrible i know of quite a few people who have Quit because of it.....Open a few high quality blanks when you try to template and you will find they no longer give decent Utility for 99 and 100 quality.... High 50s low 60s for 99 and low 70s for a MP Blank. They want you to spend 50k feathers on your items to get the utility you require for a template....I for one dont want to PVE for a week to build a template. This is the single worst Implamentation of a new system i have ever seen from Phoenix. Its a Great Idea enacted in a bad way.....The Devs will evaluate the loss of Population and the Massive complaint list and they will adjust it. The Problem is How long will they take to do so and will it be to late.
Sure
Quit because...why?
Nothing changed except they added ability to upgrade rog accessories
Fri 19 Jun 2020 8:58 PM by Icess
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 18 Jun 2020 8:39 PM
Icess wrote:
Sure
Quit because...why?
Wrong Blanks now open to the Wrong stats no matter how you work them! They have Much Lower Utility. Example Opened 3 99QUality Blanks they gave 39,45,and 54 Utility...The Stats on the best one was something like 3 resist 9,11,and 14........WTH are you supposed to do with that Garbage? The System is a Really Good idea that needs to be tweaked because as it stands its Broken.
Fri 19 Jun 2020 9:09 PM by gotwqqd
Icess wrote:
Fri 19 Jun 2020 8:58 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 18 Jun 2020 8:39 PM
Icess wrote:
Sure
Quit because...why?
Wrong Blanks now open to the Wrong stats no matter how you work them! They have Much Lower Utility. Example Opened 3 99QUality Blanks they gave 39,45,and 54 Utility...The Stats on the best one was something like 3 resist 9,11,and 14........WTH are you supposed to do with that Garbage? The System is a Really Good idea that needs to be tweaked because as it stands its Broken.
You’ve been told that the mechanics of the blanks are the same...only the recipe changed
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Crafting or the latest topics