Allow Cross-Realming in Thidranki

Started 2 Oct 2019
by lolhisup
in Suggestions
Thidranki, 80% of the time, the fights are unfair because one side has a lot more people than the other(s). So nobody wants to play it, that often at least. It was good for a while but for the past month, for me at least, it has been fun like 1% of the time. Some people complain about others "cross-realming."

I think that there should just be a command that for some period of time with some restrictions based on populations of the realms in the battleground, you can flag yourself as playing for the other realm. People cross-realm in thid as it is, might as well just make it official. So, temporarily you will play your character but you'll just be flagged as a hib or something when you're a mid or alb (example). If population gets out of whack, then people can be sent back to their realm and will be flagged as normal.

People might complain about this being unbalanced, maybe some realm gets a Healer & a Bard & a Sorc or whatever, just some strong combinations. But, Thidranki has always been a place for fun I think. Right, you people all say that it isn't real rvr, it is just to maybe get a few realm points IF there is the population to sustain that, meaning you have the people that can kill and there are sufficient enemies to kill that keep coming back. I think most people will just disagree on the principle that that isn't what Dark Age of Camelot is. But, this is a private server, and imo, the Dark Age that we grew up with died a long time ago.

Population inbalance seems to be the biggest issue to me.

Really, the problem is that you can't get people to follow rules or certain playstyles. You have Alb that has a big population in Thid, and they can't stop grouping. They just keeping grouping. And they run around 3fg killing solos. It would be nice if you could get people to all agree and play certain styles, like only engage these people at this part of the map and don't add to fights etc... but this would never ever work. It is impossible to get all of the people on the same page and try to get them all to behave the way that you want. Everybody is different. Some people just get home from work and want to kill 2-3 hours before getting ready for bed and they don't give a shit about if the fight is unfair or not they just want to do something. There are some players you can get to agree to rules like this, but having tried to talk sense into people countless times on these type of servers, you just can't reach everybody and there for sure will be people that just do whatever they want. Imo, you can't let players try to run "rules" and things like this in Thid, you have to hardcode it.

Like people did their "duel hill" thing. And maybe it worked for some nights or some days for some period of time, but I guarantee you can't get it to be like that all the time unless you restrict who gets to come into the bg in the first place.

Imo, the goal should be balancing the teams so that each side has an actual chance of making a dent in trying to take the keep or just winning skirmishes (fights) in the field.

I see that there might be issues with this like people taking advantage somehow and it ruins the game. But I think restrictions can be placed to avoid things like this. Make thidranki great again.
Thu 3 Oct 2019 1:28 PM by Keelia
It’s a BG, who cares this zone is a stepping stone. You are not meant to live in thid so making specific changes just for this would be a complete waste of time and resources. Resources and man power that could be used fixing real aspects of the game, not some stupid lvl 24 battle ground.
Sun 6 Oct 2019 9:05 AM by Chaskha
This is not how master Keelia want you to play so you stoupid, ok? Smat people know to follow masta Keelia, ok?
He's right in the waste of resources though ... Sometimes even entitled know-it-all are right but continue to have fun in thid, maybe make a thidranki discord and try to organize who goes where to reach some equilibrium for the fights?
Wed 16 Oct 2019 1:22 AM by Doolin
No No No. I like shooting alb casters. So juicy. Unfortunately, kill one and 40 come chasing you though.
Thu 26 Dec 2019 1:30 AM by daytonchambers
First off, no. This would set a terrible precedent for the game.

Also, the /xp off command does more damage to thid population than anything else. Who wants to go there when most of the place is packed with full cap twinks that can walk right up and destroy you.
Thu 26 Dec 2019 4:59 AM by gotwqqd
daytonchambers wrote:
Thu 26 Dec 2019 1:30 AM

Also, the /xp off command does more damage to thid population than anything else. Who wants to go there when most of the place is packed with full cap twinks that can walk right up and destroy you.

This
Players need be forced out of there.
XP off is fine....if and only if you reduce RR max to say RR2L0, cannot turn RP increase off. So you hit RR2L1 you are removed from the BG

I’d also advocate for a Thid only armor set and a buffer in the PK’s that equate to the potions
Thu 26 Dec 2019 4:56 PM by Kwall0311
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 26 Dec 2019 4:59 AM
daytonchambers wrote:

This
Players need be forced out of there.
XP off is fine....if and only if you reduce RR max to say RR2L0, cannot turn RP increase off. So you hit RR2L1 you are removed from the BG

I’d also advocate for a Thid only armor set and a buffer in the PK’s that equate to the potions

These might be two of the most ludicrous ideas of the entire year that ive seen, and theres only a week left in it. You realize the BG population is maybe, 20-30 people out of the already small phoenix population. Its not like you are having new level 20s introduced every day, or even week into the Bgs/game. And the ones that are leveling alts im guessing, dont care to stop in Thid. It takes maybe 100g and 30 mins to max out any thid toon, I dont think the "twinks" are keeping the population out. The population simpally doesnt exist.
Sat 28 Dec 2019 7:02 PM by Raagnarr
Kwall0311 wrote:
Thu 26 Dec 2019 4:56 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 26 Dec 2019 4:59 AM
daytonchambers wrote:

Also, the /xp off command does more damage to

These might be two of the most ludicrous ideas of the entire year that ive seen, and theres only a week left in it. You realize the BG population is maybe, 20-30 people out of the already small phoenix population. Its not like you are having new level 20s introduced every day, or even week into the Bgs/game. And the ones that are leveling alts im guessing, dont care to stop in Thid. It takes maybe 100g and 30 mins to max out any thid toon, I dont think the "twinks" are keeping the population out. The population simpally doesnt exist.

100g...where are you buying rogs
Tue 31 Dec 2019 2:05 AM by daytonchambers
Kwall0311 wrote:
Thu 26 Dec 2019 4:56 PM

You call my post ludicrous, then spew this nonsense? Dude look in a fkkn mirror.

"Its not like you are having new level 20s introduced every day, or even week into the Bgs/game."

If you looked at the advice channel for even a little bit you can clearly see new people trying out the game all the time, and it sucks having to tell them to pass on Thidranki because the tryhards will curb-stomp them and very likely kill their incentive to continue with the game.

"And the ones that are leveling alts im guessing, dont care to stop in Thid."

Population in Thid used to be much larger with toons grabbing a few arpees as they leveled their way to 50. Before the place was loaded with potted twinks that made it all but impossible to kill players when you were dressed in green con armor with a blue weapon. People usually "dont care to stop in Thid" when leveling an alt as they dont want to waste the time building a template for a character that's only going to be at that level for a day or two. And if they go in without one they'll get pointlessly slaughtered and they know it, so why bother.

"It takes maybe 100g and 30 mins to max out any thid toon"

Another idiot statement, as the only people twinking this cheaply are people that already have most of the items for a suit that they got while playing a higher level character. Long gone are the days with CMs ful of 10g-20g ROGs, since most garbage gear with low util is salvaged for crafting blanks. And even if all these items were somehow available to purchase, what new player at level twenty has 100 gold in the first place? Nobody, aside from people who already have higher level characters and want to take advantage of new players by creating a geeked out Thid twink themselves.

"I dont think the "twinks" are keeping the population out. The population simpally doesnt exist."

"The population simpally doesnt exist." in part because the population of the server is declining overall, and the inrush of new players has subsided, but it's also because of people like me informing new players to save themselves the frustration and pass on Thid. Which really sucks to have to do, but I'd rather have more players make it to level 50 and participate in real RvR instead of getting demoralized at level 24 and quit the game just because you want more easy kills for you full cap and potted toon in the lowbie battleground.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics