Fire Wizard

Started 24 Jul 2019
by Tigerforce
in Open Community Votes
This build seems to be completely useless. Zero utility, if mob or enemy resists/purges root they're screwed.

I think if anything they should of gotten NS or debuffs instead of Earth build, and let Earth keep its pbt/gtaoe/aoe snare/roots. No reason Earth should have all of that, and Ice/Fire have nothing. It's almost they wanted to make Earth viable unlike Live and just went overboard.

Or at the very least increase its DD delve dmg. I believe the concept for fire build is to be pure DD caster? If that's the case the Delve on the DD should reflect that. You got Animist with the highest DD delve and one of the best farmers/CC'ers. Ments as well have a decent DD, along with pet, mezz, stun ect…

Perhaps increase Fire wizz DD delve to the same as Animist and leave out the ability to CC?
OR
Give them the NS or Debuff's (might be OP having debuff to self DD, but then again idk the intent of the fire build.) They would have to cast debuff then DD making it 3+sec before a fire wizz can DD, assuming the target doesn't get out of range after being debuff'd.
OR
Give some kind of CC other then its stupid single root.
Wed 24 Jul 2019 11:10 AM by REVOLTE
Tigerforce wrote: should of

...im not even sure why i finished reading this post after this but o well, here i go.

1. Single root is not "stupid". if anything, its stupid powerful if used well in conjunction with albs other CC tools.
2. yes, fire wizard is niche. but so is void eld. and RC rm. bolters are and always will be meh. the only reason voiders are played are hib-DS setups...and RC rms happen to bring the debuff for the standard mid coldtrain. trust me, mids would LOVE to have their cold debuff somewhere else than on a bolter.
3. you DO realize that fire wizards indeed do have access to NS, and while its not a fully specced one - even low NS can be very powerful if used correctly. ...right?

could go on but not going to.
i think you get my point: its "no."
Wed 24 Jul 2019 4:07 PM by Tigerforce
I'm not sure why I finished yours if you cant understand....

Root is not better then stun
Green NS is not better then self debuff to DD
Yes, Green NS is better then absolutely nothing, but still doesn't take away from the post of that fire wiz is complelty low in utility and lacking compared to its counter parts.

If Eld had green stun and Runie had green debuff, then there would be no argument, but they don't. The issue is that both of them are capable of doing more dps then Wiz, and yet have more utility. Eld has stun which allows for multiple DD's before they are free and able to make their way towards caster, Runie of course, has debuff allowing DD's to hit harder. Wiz just has their DD, with the delve not being any higher then the others. While you also have other casters such as ani who do have higher delv'd DD's PLUS their ability in CC and DPS in shrooms.

You act like im asking for the stars to be realigned. I'm simply asked for this to be reviewed and possibl make fire wizards DD atleast higher in delve.
Wed 24 Jul 2019 4:10 PM by Tigerforce
I don't even play Fire Wizard, and yet I can see the lacking in the class options. Next to 0 of them in rvr.
Wed 24 Jul 2019 4:39 PM by Estat
If fire wizard is as useless as you say it is, then it is working as intended. Someone has to be the worst caster class in a game. In DAOC it happens to be fire wizard.

If you want to play a RvR viable caster, play sorc, cabalist or theurg.
Wed 24 Jul 2019 5:07 PM by Mavella
Fire/earth wizard has the same functional utility as a dark/supp runie instead it trades in PBT for an aoe root + bolts. Oh it can also still debuff -15 heat if it desires.

OR

Go 41 fire 35 earth. Debuff your own delve nuke which hits harder and costs less then your baseline nuke which will hit harder than a RC Rm. It also debuffs your bolts. You get a better aoe root. Better nearsight. You get to keep the top damage add which RC RM gives up. RC also completely gives up NS as they need to spec cold to reduce the variance on their baseline cold nuke.

You don't get to lead a debuff train but you still do MORE damage and have similar utility to other realms casters. I don't really see what the problem is here.
Wed 24 Jul 2019 5:28 PM by vxr
REVOLTE wrote:
Wed 24 Jul 2019 11:10 AM
Tigerforce wrote: should of
2. yes, fire wizard is niche. but so is void eld. and RC rm. bolters are and always will be meh. the only reason voiders are played are hib-DS setups...and RC rms happen to bring the debuff for the standard mid coldtrain. trust me, mids would LOVE to have their cold debuff somewhere else than on a bolter.

I'll take the cold debuff under SM-Darkness spec please. Thanks
Wed 24 Jul 2019 9:43 PM by Tigerforce
Mavella wrote:
Wed 24 Jul 2019 5:07 PM
Fire/earth wizard has the same functional utility as a dark/supp runie instead it trades in PBT for an aoe root + bolts. Oh it can also still debuff -15 heat if it desires.

OR

Go 41 fire 35 earth. Debuff your own delve nuke which hits harder and costs less then your baseline nuke which will hit harder than a RC Rm. It also debuffs your bolts. You get a better aoe root. Better nearsight. You get to keep the top damage add which RC RM gives up. RC also completely gives up NS as they need to spec cold to reduce the variance on their baseline cold nuke.

You don't get to lead a debuff train but you still do MORE damage and have similar utility to other realms casters. I don't really see what the problem is here.

The damage is the same. I tested it.

47 Fire spec 219 DD
41 Fire 179 DD + 30% res debuff

The damage difference is minimal, and if anything your doing less DPS. Your over casting potentially Debuff while someone else is, if you are then you lost out of a DD you cld of gotten (3-400 dmg). If your finding yourself not having to cast the Debuff, then your rocking a 179 delve DD when you could of just been 47+ and rocking the 219. That's a big difference in DPS (not out right dmg).
Wed 24 Jul 2019 11:20 PM by labova
I play both the Fire Wizard and the RC Runie, and there is no comparison here. RC is a lot better, and I don't think anyone would really dispute that. In many ways the wizard is a weird hotchpotch of a class, where the utility is all crammed into one line.
Thu 25 Jul 2019 5:23 AM by Tigerforce
labova wrote:
Wed 24 Jul 2019 11:20 PM
I play both the Fire Wizard and the RC Runie, and there is no comparison here. RC is a lot better, and I don't think anyone would really dispute that. In many ways the wizard is a weird hotchpotch of a class, where the utility is all crammed into one line.

Finally someone who understands and plays both. Thanks for your input
Thu 25 Jul 2019 7:04 AM by mze
I've played Firewizz and I am now on Animist and all the difference is that animist has tanglers to root enemies (which costs hella lot of mana, and takes lots of time to cast especially without dex overcap, no castspeed etc.). I'd say that I'd rather have 2 bolts than the tanglers, you ever nuked a caster with bolt - bolt - dd ? you ever see them standing afterwards ? no? me neither... on firewizz it is not about the delve of the last nuke, its about making quick bursts on classes that are not able to stand the burst (same as on animist btw, wisp wisp - con debuff - tap tap ). Go 50 fire for last bolt, 20 earth for green NS (alb casters all have a big range, you dont need red ns). If you find yourself nuking the same target for more then 5 seconds, you're doing something wrong

no change needed in my opinion...
Thu 25 Jul 2019 7:51 AM by Tigerforce
mze wrote:
Thu 25 Jul 2019 7:04 AM
I've played Firewizz and I am now on Animist and all the difference is that animist has tanglers to root enemies (which costs hella lot of mana, and takes lots of time to cast especially without dex overcap, no castspeed etc.). I'd say that I'd rather have 2 bolts than the tanglers, you ever nuked a caster with bolt - bolt - dd ? you ever see them standing afterwards ? no? me neither... on firewizz it is not about the delve of the last nuke, its about making quick bursts on classes that are not able to stand the burst (same as on animist btw, wisp wisp - con debuff - tap tap ). Go 50 fire for last bolt, 20 earth for green NS (alb casters all have a big range, you dont need red ns). If you find yourself nuking the same target for more then 5 seconds, you're doing something wrong

no change needed in my opinion...

I get the spec, and understand it. However again, its only viable defending keep or group where there are other toons to act as ur CC, for not much more dmg then a regular caster (if any).

You cannot say you picked to play anni and rather have 2 bolts then tanglers…. If the were HONESTLY true you'd play eld… come one now....

yes it takes time to setup as anni, but its always well worth the reward. Even solo and no CC its dam near insta death vs anyone, and if its not very easy to kite. I know I have one as well.
Thu 25 Jul 2019 8:19 AM by CronU
In the end most caster are bad if u count them 'alone'.
Get 3 wizards in a grp. 2 Fire, 1 Earth with 50% Heat debuff. And then say again that fire wizard is not dealing good dmg.
Is it a bad decision utility vise? Yes it is, but wizard always was bad utility wise.. just be thankfull that earth is kinda usefull here?
Thu 25 Jul 2019 2:24 PM by Azrael
Tigerforce wrote:
Wed 24 Jul 2019 4:07 PM
Root is not better then stun
Probably depends if you hit a det tank or something without det/stoicism

edit: I think somebody already mentioned in another post in another thread but this game is not about 1:1 comparison about classes
Thu 25 Jul 2019 2:37 PM by gotwqqd
I love full earth wiz
Fri 26 Jul 2019 12:17 AM by Cadebrennus
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 25 Jul 2019 2:37 PM
I love full earth wiz

What do you love about full earth Wiz? Serious question since I'm not a caster expert.
Fri 26 Jul 2019 1:20 PM by Kaziera
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 26 Jul 2019 12:17 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 25 Jul 2019 2:37 PM
I love full earth wiz

What do you love about full earth Wiz? Serious question since I'm not a caster expert.

Aoe dot zerg leech.
Fri 26 Jul 2019 1:29 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Cadebrennus wrote:

What's there to not love?

Red NS, red matter/cold/heat debuff, zero variance matter nuke, bolt, GTAE nuke, single target DoT, AE DoT, AE nuke ... all without taking subspec into account; it's the most overloaded spec line in the game, and Albs don't take advantage of it because 6 pet classes body train is just so much better.
Fri 26 Jul 2019 1:41 PM by Leandrys
In group, full earth + ice and assist debuff cold+ ice dd your reaver = insanity.

Solo full earth/rest fire = approx the same, it's possible to OS so many people simply with debuff matter+bolt+wild power and a few lvls of AA/MoM. Wizzy's problem is they suck in opti 8men, you lose caba's pets, you lose debuff for sorcerer/minst, lose disease, etc...
Sat 27 Jul 2019 2:16 AM by gotwqqd
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Fri 26 Jul 2019 1:29 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:

What's there to not love?

Red NS, red matter/cold/heat debuff, zero variance matter nuke, bolt, GTAE nuke, single target DoT, AE DoT, AE nuke ... all without taking subspec into account; it's the most overloaded spec line in the game, and Albs don't take advantage of it because 6 pet classes body train is just so much better.
Why can’t I give two up thumbs? I have two hands!!
Fri 9 Aug 2019 2:44 PM by elninost0rm
There's a reason the class was evaluated and slowly brought up to speed over the years on Live. Just saying.

You can blame Mythic/Broadsword doing silly crap if you think it was out of line, but I think most of the changes were much needed.
Thu 22 Aug 2019 1:31 PM by keen
stripperrella wrote:
Thu 22 Aug 2019 1:22 PM
https://youtu.be/-xOqQsKcerQ
https://youtu.be/BX5CkSEwoKM

can you tell me his Spec and how much he knows his char? Drimacus | Wizz | lyo/alb
50ice, moc and VP combined with a buff bot in a time where ppl ran untemped and without any buff potions.
He was just way ahead of his time and captured every 30min moc+vp action. Class back then was still sh.it and he would have raped much more with any potentially good solo class.
Still nice captures, making him a legend from that era
Thu 22 Aug 2019 1:42 PM by stripperrella
keen wrote:
Thu 22 Aug 2019 1:31 PM
50ice, moc and VP combined with a buff bot in a time where ppl ran untemped and without any buff potions.
He was just way ahead of his time and captured every 30min moc+vp action. Class back then was still sh.it
Still nice captures

i've played there, i know that server and specially this time 17yrs. ago . as you mention many untemped but still have to beat 3 stealthers, it's not easy. it didn't alone happen because he was temped or had BB.

anyway, just because i know, doesn't mean others do too. that's reason i posted some videos i will never forget. perhaps i will help some people adjust playstyle or find their own.

VP still exists and everybody say it's a waste of rp. I personally never felt that way.
Once on a thidranki freeshard i manage to kill a whole fg solo as a warlock. sure i was rr 11 but they were also rr9+. used everything ofc to manage that kills.

Banelord abilities, Chambers, quickcastbomb, VP, ( no purge skilled ) they all went down in less than 10 sec ^^
just never give up and eventually you will find a fun way to play with any char.

Btw on other freeshards i've managed the same thing with casters.. that's competition for me.. not winning every 8v8 with a perfect temp.

Here the other perspective. he wasn't so much ahead that time.
Lios alfar Lyo/hib
https://youtu.be/9Pejf8jaWXw + https://youtu.be/VnHeuQxQtW8
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics