Spam Limits should be reduced

Started 11 Jul 2019
by doppel
in Open Community Votes
The spam limits in this game, i.e. advice, taunts, etc, are ridiculous. You can't even hold a conversation because of them and they really serve no purpose. Punishment should be for extreme circumstances, not the norm.
Thu 11 Jul 2019 5:45 AM by Druth
Advice is used wrong, not meant for a conversation.
It's meant for people to Ask, and others to respond.

Some use it for discussing with people, but that was never the intend.
Thu 11 Jul 2019 7:37 AM by Sepplord
doppel wrote:
Thu 11 Jul 2019 5:12 AM
and they really serve no purpose

Think harder
Thu 11 Jul 2019 4:40 PM by doppel
Druth wrote:
Thu 11 Jul 2019 5:45 AM

Sometimes you have follow up questions, or a simple "thank you" would be convenient.
Thu 11 Jul 2019 4:40 PM by doppel
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 11 Jul 2019 7:37 AM
doppel wrote:

Think harder

You're the reason.
Thu 11 Jul 2019 4:59 PM by Estat
You can just disable /advice and /lfg or put them in a separate chat window.
Thu 11 Jul 2019 6:14 PM by Druth
doppel wrote:
Thu 11 Jul 2019 4:40 PM
Druth wrote:
Thu 11 Jul 2019 5:45 AM

Sometimes you have follow up questions, or a simple "thank you" would be convenient.

I have people that manage to send me a tell, but guess that could be a question on it's own how to do
Fri 12 Jul 2019 7:33 AM by Sepplord
doppel wrote:
Sepplord wrote:
doppel wrote:

Think harder

You're the reason.

why do you expect more effort from me than you put in yourself?

It is clear from your opening post, that you want to use advice chat for conversations, which is specificly NOT wanted, yet you claim the thing that stops you from continually misusing the advice-chat serves no purpose

But immediatly i am the bad guy and "the reason" for chat-timers

I sense a little hypocrisy there
Fri 12 Jul 2019 9:29 AM by stinsfire
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 12 Jul 2019 7:33 AM
doppel wrote:
Sepplord wrote:
Think harder

You're the reason.

It is clear from your opening post, that you want to use advice chat for conversations, which is specificly NOT wanted, yet you claim the thing that stops you from continually misusing the advice-chat serves no purpose

Well the thing is.. sometimes you ask a question and others who are also interested join in, but after your question and the first response the only way to ask more questions is send tells to the person who ansswered you. Problem is, that the otthers who are also interested don't get to see the answers and may have to keep asking in advice or also send him messages.

I understand advice is not for conversations, but couldn't we increase the spam limit to like 2-3 statements per minute?
Fri 12 Jul 2019 9:49 AM by Sepplord
stinsfire wrote:
Fri 12 Jul 2019 9:29 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 12 Jul 2019 7:33 AM
doppel wrote:
You're the reason.

Well the thing is.. sometimes you ask a question and others who are also interested join in, but after your question and the first response the only way to ask more questions is send tells to the person who ansswered you. Problem is, that the otthers who are also interested don't get to see the answers and may have to keep asking in advice or also send him messages.

I understand advice is not for conversations, but couldn't we increase the spam limit to like 2-3 statements per minute?

i am not completely against a different system, i have been annoyed by the timer myself too when answering someones question, since i sometimes just press enter after the first sentence and then type the rest, which i then can't add. I usually explain the rest per tell then, but as you said, others can't see that and in some situations the first half of the statement can paint a completely different picture and even lead to wrong interpretations if you can't add what you wanted to.

The argumentation of OP, his claim that it serves no purpose and then getting offended when he get's a low effort call out was what my comment referred to.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 10:23 AM by Druth
The spam limit, vs. no limit, is a catch-22.

If there is no limit, then people will spam the /advice with their crap, and then the GM's will be called nasty stuff for punishing people.
If there is a limit, well... this thread.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 5:21 PM by doppel
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 12 Jul 2019 9:49 AM
The argumentation of OP, his claim that it serves no purpose and then getting offended when he get's a low effort call out was what my comment referred to.

I responded to your low effort response with a low effort response, and since then you justified my case that you low effortlessly countered originally, I'm not really sure what you're going for here... sounds like everyone is in agreeance the current system is over the top.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 8:56 PM by Uthred
Not everybody.

It will not be changed.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 10:13 PM by Moid
doppel wrote:
Fri 12 Jul 2019 5:21 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 12 Jul 2019 9:49 AM

I responded to your low effort response with a low effort response, and since then you justified my case that you low effortlessly countered originally, I'm not really sure what you're going for here... sounds like everyone is in agreeance the current system is over the top.
Sepplord really loves to watch himself post. He’s a beast in that respect so watch out.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 10:17 PM by Moid
We should have awards for the dumbest ideas for changes to the game. I’d vote for this one to win the grand prize.
Thu 18 Jul 2019 3:45 AM by Tigerforce
The only spam in need of nerf'ing is mine from all you easy Hibs/Mids.

#AlbsFTW #Getonmylevel
Thu 18 Jul 2019 3:45 AM by Tigerforce
Moid wrote:
Fri 12 Jul 2019 10:17 PM
We should have awards for the dumbest ideas for changes to the game. I’d vote for this one to win the grand prize.

that made me laugh
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics