Instant level 50 or at least 40

Started 10 Nov 2019
by Hubert124567
in Suggestions
Hey, i know no one playing this game for leveling. Thats why all try to build level groups for performance. And max some classes over others. No one wanna waste time on leveling. There is nearly no content below 50 who is fun for anyone. There are Dungeons and instances for level 50. But below ist just the grind. no one likes it. No one is leveling for fun. All is about Power leveling etc because no one likes it.

The old players still have 5+ or most have more chars on 50...... But new players now get a level nerf with last patch.... every new player i showed the game was saying ah that leveling ist to slow and boring.

We play for RvR.... All people i know!

Just make a vote and we will see

Instant Level 20 / 40 / 50 or speed up Xping.... if you dont do Pbaoe xp Group it was waay to slow. So all was buying PL on the spots you now nerfed.... Even Pbaoe Grp You nerfed. I think no one likes this. Ask the Community before they leave.... Same with the Realm log in timer, why all want 4 hrs? Yes they do RvR. Not leveling.... no one likes Leveling.... We need faster Leveling.
Sun 10 Nov 2019 4:41 PM by Fenork
Good timing, they have just heavily nerfed xp, dont ask me why.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 12:08 PM by Kampfar
You forgot RR, an allcap template and ofc bp for reskins
Mon 11 Nov 2019 12:20 PM by Valaraukar
Hubert124567 wrote:
Sun 10 Nov 2019 2:41 PM
Hey, i know no one playing this game for leveling. Thats why all try to build level groups for performance. And max some classes over others. No one wanna waste time on leveling. There is nearly no content below 50 who is fun for anyone. There are Dungeons and instances for level 50. But below ist just the grind. no one likes it. No one is leveling for fun. All is about Power leveling etc because no one likes it.

The old players still have 5+ or most have more chars on 50...... But new players now get a level nerf with last patch.... every new player i showed the game was saying ah that leveling ist to slow and boring.

We play for RvR.... All people i know!

Just make a vote and we will see

Instant Level 20 / 40 / 50 or speed up Xping.... if you dont do Pbaoe xp Group it was waay to slow. So all was buying PL on the spots you now nerfed.... Even Pbaoe Grp You nerfed. I think no one likes this. Ask the Community before they leave.... Same with the Realm log in timer, why all want 4 hrs? Yes they do RvR. Not leveling.... no one likes Leveling.... We need faster Leveling.

I mostly agree, leveling is boring and the only way to do it is powerlevel. It would be nice to give the opportunity to reach lvl 50, with some limits like you can do instant 50 to a maximum of other 2/3 chars if you already have a lvl 50 char.
And i would add more difficulty to get Realm Ranks and BP rewards, so RvR will need more time than exping. Now the absurd is that you can reach RR5 much easier than lvl 50 on some classes (Stealthers in particular)
Mon 11 Nov 2019 1:01 PM by Uthred
Search the forum, we already "answered" this multiple times: There will be no instant level/rr on Phoenix.

On a sidenote, we had this during Beta and it was the time when the server had the lowest population ever (something like 150 players in total) where we had before a population of about 900 at the start of Beta and without any instant level/free rr.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 1:27 PM by Valaraukar
Thanks for the answer Uthred, I do not know if this could hit the server population but I speak for my experience: I levelled my firts char to 50 using no powerlevel and almost soloing, following tasks and XP mob bonus (it's a BD). Since then I've levelled to 50 an healer and a thane, only with powerlevel groups, and I have a lvl40 Spiritmaster that I log only if there is a powerlevel group ready. So, to be brief, after my first 50 I don't have any will to level another char following tasks and so on, because it is just wasted time that I can spend in RvR. The only difference to my time logged (so as an active member of the server population) is that I do RvR rather than exping, and that's because I already have lvl 50 chars ready to be used in frontier (absurdly the only one that is not ready is the very first char, the Bonedancer, because I use it only in PvE for now). Thats why I suggested that if there is a lvl 50 toon already it could be possible to skip levelling for a maximum of other 2 or 3 chars, of course not unlimited because it would be ridicolous to have dozens of lvl50 chars for free.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 1:31 PM by Lipsi
Hubert124567 wrote:
Ask the Community before they leave....

I think they will not leave, because they have lvl 50 anyway

As for the new players, playing a week to get lvl 50 isn't too much to ask to players whom we expect will then commit to the server and the rest of the community.
This isn't just how many lvl 50 you have, it is also, how good you play them, how familiar you are to group with other people, the survivability you get with proper equipment and realm rank.

I personally don't want to go rvr with people screwing it all because they have 100 toons level 50 rr1 that they don't know how to play. The leveling phase gives just enough time for that : learn the basics of your toons, its abilities, how it fits in a group, get equipment, some money to invest in temped SC, a couple RR to start at 50 with the rights RA, etc.

How someone who is not ready to spend minimal time to level and stuff his toon can be a trusted teammate for his team/guild/realm to progress ? I don't want someone who'll leave after 1st wipe because it's too hard, dumping his group, or who will roll another class because he thinks that will be easier or stronger etc. But this is may be just me.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 1:39 PM by Valaraukar
Lipsi wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 1:31 PM
Hubert124567 wrote:
Ask the Community before they leave....

I think they will not leave, because they have lvl 50 anyway

As for the new players, playing a week to get lvl 50 isn't too much to ask to players whom we expect will then commit to the server and the rest of the community.
This isn't just how many lvl 50 you have, it is also, how good you play them, how familiar you are to group with other people, the survivability you get with proper equipment and realm rank.

I personally don't want to go rvr with people screwing it all because they have 100 toons level 50 rr1 that they don't know how to play. The leveling phase gives just enough time for that : learn the basics of your toons, its abilities, how it fits in a group, get equipment, some money to invest in temped SC, a couple RR to start at 50 with the rights RA, etc.

How someone who is not ready to spend minimal time to level and stuff his toon can be a trusted teammate for his team/guild/realm to progress ? I don't want someone who'll leave after 1st wipe because it's too hard, dumping his group, or who will roll another class because he thinks that will be easier or stronger etc. But this is may be just me.

Usually you would be right, but as I see it now it is only powerlevel, and that does not give you any hint about using your toon (maybe if you are the one who stuns the mob mass to be shredded by bombs). So, I completely agree that the first toon must be levelled from 1 to 50, but the others? Why should I spend time levelling while I could use it to go in Frontier? It is very similar to giving the crafting skill to every realm toon in the account, if you think about it. It is done just to save time, not to exploit something and so on, and it would be the best solution to powerlevel issues (no... giving a snare cast to Redcaps is NOT a solution for powerlevel issues!)
Mon 11 Nov 2019 3:38 PM by Sepplord
I am not in favor of instant-levels (and staff has ruled it out anyways), but "learning your toon" really doesn't happen while you are levelling...

i just levelled a few new chars, that i haven't touched since SI-release.

One was an Animist, i have no idea what ARB-line offers, i don'T even really know what creep offers, most of what i did for 50levels was plunk main-pet down, pull with an instant-debuff and bomb. I don't even know what the debuff debuffed, because it didn't matter (i checked ingame a few times, but simply forgot again).
Animist was never planned to RvR though

Second example is Bard....and holy hell, i know that levelling that one taught me NOTHING About the class at all. I was either solo, where i had a spec mixed of music for the DD and blunt for meleedamage.
In groups i was fullheal/buff.
I didn't learn about mezzing, amnesia or that songs go out if i switch to weapon to snare someone. I didn't even snare anyone in 50levels.

Levelling teaches you basic controls, camera movement, etc.... not more
Mon 11 Nov 2019 7:22 PM by Hubert124567
Uthred wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 1:01 PM
Search the forum, we already "answered" this multiple times: There will be no instant level/rr on Phoenix.

On a sidenote, we had this during Beta and it was the time when the server had the lowest population ever (something like 150 players in total) where we had before a population of about 900 at the start of Beta and without any instant level/free rr.

Hey, Thanks for poiting this out. Maybe its because i play this game since beta and have years of /played. My first lvl 50 char had 30-40 days of /played....
Like on live, a /level 20 for people who already have a lvl 50 character is a good thing. You barely find groups under 20 depends on daytime and timezone...

I think the last changes are a bit more towards 2 class system. We have the old ones with all money from cheap hoh runs. with all chars on 50 and RR from realm task from lvl 1 etc.... and now its getting nerfed for new players. Level slower and making harder to farm feathers. If someone has about an evening per week to play and wanna start rvring. You need farm char, you ned grp char etc. and then after a few months you can go rvr. What new player will struggle through that pain ? without knowing the reward of rvr fun ....

In the end its gonna die with 8 players per realm who realize okay its not that fun to only fight with one enemy grp with the same rr. That noob farming zergs times was fun too ... oh wait no one wanna play with us because they at first need to level 4 months to get ganked from us... yeah but we work so hard for this dont give them a shit , they have to struggle like we did. We had put so much efford in it we have to be the elite, even alone. But its no fun alone. Be the one is what counts.
Even if there is no one else as long as you are the number one.

We need do attract new people with low entry borders for new players!

Why you wanna bind people for weeks in pve (leveling) if they can better be part of the rvr/endgame content in this time and help all people to have more fun in Rvr or endgame content. Or all go leveling, where most of the time no one has fun. And you have to be on a special meta or you have to go solo. And solo is a pain grind and nothing else.
If you want that people just level with any other class and dont play a special meta: make leveling easy. even without 3 bombs. Why all play this setup. Because its faster and result is: less pain. Maybe a time based approach. If a 8 slot group is killing mobs and not is afk, give them a level per 30 mins (in xp) or so. Dont depend on mob count and special fast killing pbae special meta grp. just be together and level for fun with all classes and it will be okay. We all level to get to rvr. but maybe it can be fun, even without 3 bombs or that special pet pull mechanic.... whatever. I hope the casuals will be okay with the recent nerfs.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 3:36 AM by Azrael
ah, it hurts to read that.
First of all, I think the recent patches were totally unnecessary especially after this long time and nobody needs or want this (aslong with other changes - uhehehe) but these arguments are all made up. If there are really new players starting this server they do not know how "fast" it was before. Only freeshard expierence in the past was uthgard and if you think it is slow here, go uthgard xp to lvl 5 and /qtd at lvl 3 after you realisze how fucking slow it is, return to phoenix and be happy about this lvl speed.
The text about these 8 players per realm, they could not care less about a casual (not sure if its casual at all) who login once per week, makes not sense at all especially if you talk about lvl speed.
They stated from the beginning they aim for about 24 played to reach lvl 50 and they say it is still the same, so no idea how you came up with weeks or months of leveling, Perhaps you mean the casual about once a week? he probably still have and had about 24 hours played at lvl 50. And even if it takes longer know I can not imagine the casual has a problem with it if he needs a week longer now.

Hubert124567 wrote:
every new player i showed the game was saying ah that leveling ist to slow and boring.

I do not believe you.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 1:16 AM by Wasted_Content
Hubert124567 wrote:
Hey, i know no one playing this game for leveling.

Well the current changes make me think Phoenix believes we are. Why else would they force us to spend a bunch of extra time levelling?
Thu 21 Nov 2019 6:33 AM by muffeh
All this talk about a super nerf to the xp, i dont see it? i just leveled a cleric to 50, it took 25hours /played, like most of my chars did pre patch.
Tue 21 Jan 2020 1:19 PM by Tritri
I think the devs did the right thing

To have a lively server you need a leveling system that doesn't inders new comers (or doesn't help older player)

Btw, /lvl 20 was, to me, one of the worst idea daoc as ever implemented. /lvl 40 would be less problematic (I think), but still far too much, it will empty low levels zones which is Something you really don't want
Tue 21 Jan 2020 1:44 PM by gotwqqd
Tritri wrote:
Tue 21 Jan 2020 1:19 PM
I think the devs did the right thing

To have a lively server you need a leveling system that doesn't inders new comers (or doesn't help older player)

Btw, /lvl 20 was, to me, one of the worst idea daoc as ever implemented. /lvl 40 would be less problematic (I think), but still far too much, it will empty low levels zones which is Something you really don't want
Yea
What would all the gray gankers do?
Tue 21 Jan 2020 3:29 PM by Tritri
That's a bit off topic

But I'm not bothered by greykillers ^^
Tue 21 Jan 2020 4:53 PM by Sepplord
how is /lvl40 better than /lvl20 (if the baseline is that /lvl20 is bad)?

Don't both come with the same problems, just for a bigger bracket?
Thu 23 Jan 2020 3:47 AM by lolhisup
I am open to this.
Thu 23 Jan 2020 8:53 AM by Pao
you are level 20+ in under 2 hours with a grp. It helps all people starting on this server. This server has to be accessible to all new players.
Thu 23 Jan 2020 11:39 AM by MacPrior
As we have now plenty of new guild members, I would like to say welcome for instant /lvl 50.
It will be enough to set the limit for 1 time for realm for each account. So even each new player could join us in RvR with a class he wish. All other toon he can make through stupid grind such as developers prefer to see.
Thu 23 Jan 2020 11:50 AM by borodino1812
muffeh wrote:
Thu 21 Nov 2019 6:33 AM
All this talk about a super nerf to the xp, i dont see it? i just leveled a cleric to 50, it took 25hours /played, like most of my chars did pre patch.

This, it is just different, and less rigid than before. The real nerf for new players was the 35 level limit for RvR tasks. We oldtimers got RvR tasks from level 1.
Thu 23 Jan 2020 2:40 PM by kedelin
borodino1812 wrote:
Thu 23 Jan 2020 11:50 AM
muffeh wrote:

This, it is just different, and less rigid than before. The real nerf for new players was the 35 level limit for RvR tasks. We oldtimers got RvR tasks from level 1.

I would be fine if they just un nerf the drop rate of xp items... was in a trio last night and we were leveling and trying to get so items like we always have since launch but after we all get 2 levels and have to move mobs we each only would get 3 or 4 items... at launch on mid we could take a group of 5 to 6 and in 30 mins farm enough for the whole group..
Thu 23 Jan 2020 4:18 PM by Sepplord
kedelin wrote:
Thu 23 Jan 2020 2:40 PM
borodino1812 wrote:
muffeh wrote:

I would be fine if they just un nerf the drop rate of xp items... was in a trio last night and we were leveling and trying to get so items like we always have since launch but after we all get 2 levels and have to move mobs we each only would get 3 or 4 items... at launch on mid we could take a group of 5 to 6 and in 30 mins farm enough for the whole group..

there is no "enough for the whole group" anymore though, because you can turn in unlimited amount of item. I hate fixed-timer system like it seems to be now, but it does make sense that they reduced the droprates. It really is useless though only comparing single things/issues. The whole package has to be considered. What about the 500-1000task tokens that are rotting away in many peoples vaults, because they only do RvR. Those are supposed to be in circulation, being traded to people etc... Has anyone taken those into consideration at all? I believe you that a few things really do feel worse than before...but instead of always looking back at single issues, why not look at the currently existing package as a whole?

In that group of three, how much XP-bonus were you having that wasn't there before?
How fast did those 2levels go?
Why compare "3people doing two levels" to "5people playing 30minutes"?
Thu 23 Jan 2020 8:17 PM by kedelin
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 23 Jan 2020 4:18 PM
kedelin wrote:
borodino1812 wrote:

there is no "enough for the whole group" anymore though, because you can turn in unlimited amount of item. I hate fixed-timer system like it seems to be now, but it does make sense that they reduced the droprates. It really is useless though only comparing single things/issues. The whole package has to be considered. What about the 500-1000task tokens that are rotting away in many peoples vaults, because they only do RvR. Those are supposed to be in circulation, being traded to people etc... Has anyone taken those into consideration at all? I believe you that a few things really do feel worse than before...but instead of always looking back at single issues, why not look at the currently existing package as a whole?

In that group of three, how much XP-bonus were you having that wasn't there before?
The leveling went decent... I was just stating on drop rate as a whole... we were getting good bonuses cause it was all frontier and follow the bonus mob type... but that has been there along time... our group of 3 have leveled many times before the change together and as a whole with the xp item drop rate it does slow down the process...
Thu 23 Jan 2020 11:24 PM by gotwqqd
kedelin wrote:
Thu 23 Jan 2020 8:17 PM
Sepplord wrote:
kedelin wrote:

The leveling went decent... I was just stating on drop rate as a whole... we were getting good bonuses cause it was all frontier and follow the bonus mob type... but that has been there along time... our group of 3 have leveled many times before the change together and as a whole with the xp item drop rate it does slow down the process...
At the very least the drop rate should be for each individual in a group
Or reduce the timer the more there are
Or increase the timer the more group members there are but each member has his own timer/drop
Fri 24 Jan 2020 1:58 AM by kedelin
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 23 Jan 2020 11:24 PM
kedelin wrote:
Thu 23 Jan 2020 8:17 PM
Sepplord wrote:

At the very least the drop rate should be for each individual in a group
Or reduce the timer the more there are
Or increase the timer the more group members there are but each member has his own timer/drop
Exactly 2min per person would be fine.. the only reason they nerfed it was cause like all things the minute people find a way to make plat they nerf drop rates.... (static drops of metal in malmous that salvage for more then 3 bars)
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics