What setting / zone should the rest of the beta have?

Cathal Valley
Total votes: 100 (54%)
Normal Frontier
Total votes: 86 (46%)
Total votes: 186

Re: Setting / Zone for the rest of the beta

Aminita wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:45 pm
People.. If we vote for Cath.. Valley... we ALSO get Emain...!!!!!

SO .. Vote for Cath.. we get BOTH !!!
Remember when CV was open ?
Remember how many people were playing on the frontier when CV was open ?
Did I make my point ?

If we get "both", we'll only have CV
Lilia, 50 Blademaster - 6Lx
Tritri, 50 Eldritch - 5Lx
Lilina, 50 Druid - 5Lx
< No Pain No Tartine >

cathal valley = zerg fest and stealther fest all day.

normal frontier = action in emain, still stealther fest at amg/mmg

but some elite 8vs8 friendly zones available.

vote for normal frontier. thx

gruenesschaf.....

I resent the fact that you are calling HIbs "Lazy " for not wanting to spend 6-8 minutes to run back out after each death..
If you have to run back out 4-5 times there goes 1/2 hour 45 minutes of total wasted playtime ..
For EACH Hib.. compared to totally NO down time for other realms.
In effect, taking Hibernians out of the fight ..
30 hibs on.. times 1/2 hour.. = 15 hours of Hibs OUT of the contest..

FAIR ???????

Hello ???

YOU may see it as being Lazy ..
I see it as totally pulling Hibs away from the fight .. at a Huge expense to morale and balance.. ! !!!

Imagine...
If the rule was.. When you die in RvR .. you had to wait for 6-8 minutes before you could go back in ..
Would YOU play??

What IF ..

YOU had to wait the 6-8 minutes.. but the OTHER sides DID NOT ???
And you Simply accuse Hibs of being Lazy..

I feel you need to think a bit more deeply my friend..
if you actually "played" .. if may make more sense.. ?

Aminita wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:09 pm
Imagine...
If the rule was.. When you die in RvR .. you had to wait for 6-8 minutes before you could go back in ..
Would YOU play??
You do know that's how OF was actually working back then ?
So the answer is yes, ofc I would play

As I said I understand hibs' point of view, would be nice to put some QOL for hib during the last part of the beta

But once the server is live, if it has the population of Uthgard, this QoL shouldn't be there. We had far enough people on the server to play on the three frontier
Lilia, 50 Blademaster - 6Lx
Tritri, 50 Eldritch - 5Lx
Lilina, 50 Druid - 5Lx
< No Pain No Tartine >

If adding a port to Bolg or nGed (which I think would be better options than Cruach) -- or their equivalents in the other frontiers -- are 100% not going to happen, I would really like to see some better options for us to finish the i50 phase strong heading into launch. If we just revert back to normal OF, it'll just be a jam fest, zerg fest, stealther add fest in Emain, which doesn't utilize 90% of what the PvP game has to offer and frustrates people across all play styles.

At the least I'd like to see some way to incentivize the use of other zones to keep things moving around and make it fair for all three realms having to share the burden of running out from the border keeps. I understand that come launch the task system will serve to accomplish that goal, but for now I feel that there has to be some creative solution.

An extremely basic idea for sharing the burden of having to run out from the BK's would be 24 hour frontier rotations where only 1 frontier is open and the others are locked. Of course that would have a set of consequences should people decide to start taking keeps, but maybe it would suffice for a month. Not even sure if I would 100% back that idea, but I'm just spit balling here.

Of course the argument can be made that if people want to avoid the problems that exist in a zone like Emain, they're free to go somewhere else and try to generate action, but so far it seems to be a pretty difficult thing to accomplish since no one has a particularly vested interest in the bigger picture aspects of the game (keeps, relics, etc.).

there is 2 way to solve the problem of Emain (old frontier)
- add porter to a keep (ex: crim , eras, nott) (invader can capture them to stop defender flow)
- back to the old portal ceremony to add timer to invader realm like the live in 1.65 (invader have to wait portal or rez and defender have to run back to war.)

i prefer the first one to incentivise all realm to switch faster realm area (for RvR realm task)

cortexqc wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:39 pm
there is 2 way to solve the problem of Emain (old frontier)
- add porter to a keep (ex: crim , eras, nott) (invader can capture them to stop defender flow)
- back to the old portal ceremony to add timer to invader realm like the live in 1.65 (invader have to wait portal or rez and defender have to run back to war.)

i prefer the first one to incentivise all realm to switch faster realm area (for RvR realm task)
Once again, devs have stated that keep port is NOT an option for beta. With that in mind, make your vote count. I voted for CV to keep more testers involved. Imo, no CV= alot not bothering to play.