Beta Delay

Started 18 Jun 2018
by Uthred
in Tavern
Hello everyone,

We would like to update you on the upcoming Beta and unfortunately, we have news that most of you probably won’t like:

Due to unforeseen delays with the launcher development, we will postpone the start of the Beta to the 7th of July 2018, at 7pm CET / 2pm EST.

<Why?>
Starting without a properly working launcher is not feasible and all other developers are already working on other required features.

It will also give us more time for the new spell effect system which is in the process of being rewritten; we were originally not sure if it would be ready by beta launch but now it will be.

The spell effect system handles buffs, debuffs, immunities and everything else with a duration as well as the specific effect overwrite rules. Main motivation behind the rewrite were too many systematic bugs as well as stability issues (nearly all freeze causes were in the effect system)

The Worldbuild team can also make further process regarding mob spells/styles/scripting and general WB.

<But I want to play?> you may have in mind now.
True, that’s what we would like to do too. But it wouldn’t be reasonable without the things that I mentioned above. I can only apologize for the delay and promise you that we will keep the new appointment.

Therefore, we hope for your understanding and continuous support for Phoenix.

Yours sincerely, Uthred & the whole Phoenix Team.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics