Fairwell Alpha. Hello Beta!!

Started 7 Jun 2018
by Flea
in Tavern
Good Morning, Good Evening and/or Good Night,

The Alpha test is slowing reaching its end and the Staff and I could not be more excited to see how active it has been. While the i50 and Arena style fighting that has taken place in Emain may not be optimal, we have fixed many bugs and its very nice to see the community coming together and see drafts happen organically. As I write this on June 6th we have 497 Alpha testers, 1071 Forums accounts and 936 People in our Discord.

We also want to extend a special shout out to all the Alpha testers that have continued to log in consistently. We are discussing internally how to rewards players with their efforts, while we have not finalized anything yet, we are leaning towards:
- Reserving 1 Name
- Special Title

I also wanted to share with you some new features that have been added and some things that you can expect to see in the future as we grow together.

Recently added features:

- We have introduced a token system that allows players to farm mobs that drop Phoenix Feathers. With these feathers, you can purchase items for your template that drop off of Bosses and Epic Encounters. So you can either farm the mob that drops the item you are looking for or you can save up Feathers and just purchase the item straight up from a NPC in your Capital City. https://playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=496

- We are updating our client to run version 1.124. Features that come with updating to 1.124 include but not limited to:

1) Better Latency and/or Lag
2) Borderless windowed is natively supported.
3) Mouse movement i the character select screen is not terribly slow
4) Buying from merchants / interacting with npcs can happen more often without the you must wait to interact again message.
5) /monty and other new emotes (not yet supported server side, will follow in the next days though)

Coming soon:

- Before we launch into beta we will have our own launcher. We have see players that do not have doors on milegates, incorrect keeps and in some cases no weather patterns. With our own launcher, this should help reduce the chances of players having an advantage over others that are playing the proper way. We will also become a bit more strict with players that are knowingly cheating in anyway.

Recent Staff Decisions

- We have decided to lower the amount of people required to form a guild to 4.
- We have decided to place a cost of 50 gold to create the guild.
- We have decided to not increase regen chant ranges. They will stay the way they are.
- We have decided to allow Bards to purchase MoC.
- Since we will not be allowing buff bots, we have decided to introduce potions such as Spec AF into the alchemy line. More on this will be released in the near future.
- We have decided to increase potion charges to 10 and increase duration to 10 minutes.

World Builder Update

- Marfach Caverns : Completed
- Halls of Currupt : Completed
- Dodens Gruva : Completed
- Darkness Falls : Completed
- Summoners Hall : 50% Completed
- Dragons : Work in Progress

Upcoming Events:

- On June 9th we plan to have another staff meeting. These have been proven to be very beneficial to the team and and a lot of decisions are made during these meetings.
- Thinking about letting players have access to Epic and Dragon stuff for free right before the close of Alpha. (Keyword here is: THINKING)
- We will be closing the server down for a few days or even a week before the start of Beta to clean a few things up.
- Beta will be released on June 23rd. (More info here: https://playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=456)

Closing Remarks

I also wanted to mention that we appreciate the positive feedback that we have been receiving from you all. It helps keeps us motivated and makes our efforts worth it. The Developers have been hard at work Developing and the World Builders have been hard at work...well... Building the world. When Beta rolls out for everyone to play, the i50 and free gear will be gone. We may add it in one last time towards the end of the beta, but we need to go back to the basics one last time for some polish. We need players to test our experience gain rates, mobs, items, zones, etc. Please dont forget to test our Feather system and /challenge mode that we have implemented.

Once again - Thank you!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics