EV Teleport and Feather Reward Changes

Started 28 Jun 2019
by gruenesschaf
in Planned Changes
EV Teleport

Each melee relic town will have a new teleporter that will teleport you to your realms camp on your side of the EV Milegates, the camps are the weird structures at the end of the path near the mile gates and they should be inaccessible from the EV side.

The teleport will only be usable by characters that died on EV and released, dying anywhere else will make you unable to port there until you released from EV again.

Depending on what happens we may or may not activate/deactivate this teleport based on the number of players in the NF zone.

Feather Reward Changes (shelved, not going to happen for now)

Originally when we implemented the feather system we always wanted to add something that encouraged diversification / killing the usually rarely killed things, something like a growing bonus based on how long it has been since a realm has killed a specific mob but we never really came around to do that, mainly due to players of one time zone negatively affecting players of another.

Based on that, but also taking all the changes to the feather reward as well as DS into account, we're going to implement the following:
The current feather values represent 100%
The first kill per character per feather mob always gives 100%
When a character participates in killing a feather mob and after receiving the feathers, the reward for the next kill for that character and that particular feather mob is set to 10% and increases by 0.62% every hour (or 15% per day, 100% every 6 days), once 100% are reached, the gain per hour is halved (0.31% per hour) up to a total maximum of 500%. 500% are reached about 60 days after the last kill.
Fri 28 Jun 2019 8:47 PM by hellcon
As someone who has not played in a few months I am struggling to understand the acronyms/vagueness of this post. Does this mean raidzone mobs can give up to 500% or is there some alternative pvp feather reward in NF?
Fri 28 Jun 2019 8:57 PM by gruenesschaf
hellcon wrote:
Fri 28 Jun 2019 8:47 PM
As someone who has not played in a few months I am struggling to understand the acronyms/vagueness of this post. Does this mean raidzone mobs can give up to 500% or is there some alternative pvp feather reward in NF?

The changes are unrelated. The feather change affects all non-trash mobs that drop feathers.
Fri 28 Jun 2019 10:02 PM by florin
This is interesting - the timing is awesome since as with the salvage adjustment it increases the gulf between the established and anyone attempting to start fresh. For those that have done DS 100x and have nearly 1m feathers or those with 200pp or more - we are the further entrenched 1%

Huzzah!
Fri 28 Jun 2019 10:24 PM by Kaseylol
Tried to be super critical of this change and I just don't see any issue with it.

It is true is fucks over newer players who haven't speed run ds 100 times but it will settle the gold and feather economy quite nice after some time.

It forces raids and LB loop and df/poc bosses to be viable as opposed to ds spam.

The keeptake task zerg can afk at doors while real players fight on EV.

Great update.
Fri 28 Jun 2019 10:30 PM by Mavella
Gotta agree with florin here the only thing this change does is punish those looking to get into various forms of feather farming now.

I know on mid TG raids barely happen anymore and if you want people to stop people from farming the ever loving shit out of DS implement a lockout mechanic and give a bonus to those that don't farm it on cooldown.

If you want to know the hardest part of templating it's wading through the mountains of shitty RoGs on the ME for the ones that are actually decent and priced appropriately. It can be more annoying and time consuming than any raid/boss in the game.
Fri 28 Jun 2019 10:32 PM by Kaseylol
Mavella wrote:
Fri 28 Jun 2019 10:30 PM
Gotta agree with florin here the only thing this change does is punish those looking to get into various forms of feather farming now.

I know on mid TG raids barely happen anymore and if you want people to stop people from farming the ever loving shit out of DS implement a lockout mechanic and give a bonus to those that don't farm it on cooldown.

If you want to know the hardest part of templating it's wading through the mountains of shitty RoGs on the ME for the ones that are actually decent and priced appropriately. It can be more annoying and time consuming than any raid/boss in the game.

This update specifically forces people to run TG if they want a good return on investment for their feather farming time.

It is essentially a lockout of DS for feather purposes.

This will diversify the raids that happen. I did one of each raid to get credit but have never done nor wanted to do one since. I would always run ds instead. Now, if I'm aching for feathers, I can only do ds reasonably once a week, so I'd go for a dragon or sidi raid to supplement that.

This is a solution to your problem, why be upset?
Fri 28 Jun 2019 11:01 PM by florin
Kaseylol wrote:
Fri 28 Jun 2019 10:32 PM
Mavella wrote:
Fri 28 Jun 2019 10:30 PM

This update specifically forces people to run TG if they want a good return on investment for their feather farming time.

It is essentially a lockout of DS for feather purposes.

This will diversify the raids that happen. I did one of each raid to get credit but have never done nor wanted to do one since. I would always run ds instead. Now, if I'm aching for feathers, I can only do ds reasonably once a week, so I'd go for a dragon or sidi raid to supplement that.

This is a solution to your problem, why be upset?

Yes it’s a nice solution - glad I got my DS time down to low 20 minutes and with bonuses was at 8-10k feathers per run. I will now pull the ladder up behind me and let the immigrants to the server do it the honest 1.5-2h per run once a week. Use them bootstraps boys!

Cheers!
Fri 28 Jun 2019 11:04 PM by Mavella
So NA players are further marginalized because we have enough to run a 3+ hour TG raid vs EU prime time.

Or we can run another dungeon with a handful of bosses that actually award feathers.

Get rid of the stupid "credit" requirement and boost the rewards for under utilized raids/bosses rather than fucking over the only real source available to those of us that play off peak hours.
Fri 28 Jun 2019 11:16 PM by Kaseylol
Mavella wrote:
Fri 28 Jun 2019 11:04 PM
So NA players are further marginalized because we have enough to run a 3+ hour TG raid vs EU prime time.

Or we can run another dungeon with a handful of bosses that actually award feathers.

Get rid of the stupid "credit" requirement and boost the rewards for under utilized raids/bosses rather than fucking over the only real source available to those of us that play off peak hours.

Hibs did galla with 45 yesterday, took em like 4 hours. Man up 👆
Fri 28 Jun 2019 11:27 PM by Mavella
Kaseylol wrote:
Fri 28 Jun 2019 11:16 PM
Mavella wrote:
Fri 28 Jun 2019 11:04 PM

Hibs did galla with 45 yesterday, took em like 4 hours. Man up 👆

I play this game to pvp not waste time in some dumb ass dungeon. If I wanted to play engaging pve content this game probably isn't on the list. 4 hours for 10k feathers also isn't an exciting prospect.

How fun is it going to be to organize a raid when half the people ran the raid within the previous 2 days and now eligible for a whopping 2500-5000 feathers to run the same raid the next day.

I have plenty of feathers and cash on hand and only play one character. This isn't a "man up" situation. It's calling out a poorly thought out change for those it would actually impact - People just starting out or maybe starting on a new realm and have limited resources.
Fri 28 Jun 2019 11:29 PM by ozymandias
i really, really fail to see the purpose of these changes to the feather system
i really hope this does not go live
Sat 29 Jun 2019 12:02 AM by NoExit
Feather Change is a few month to late, sorry.
Some Posts already said, the wallet of the rich fraction is already filled up.
Sat 29 Jun 2019 12:35 AM by Kaseylol
NoExit wrote:
Sat 29 Jun 2019 12:02 AM

You mean people who spent time leveling the right class, spent time gearing up, spent time learning the dungeon, then spent time farming it have more feathers than you?

Yikes bro that seems really unfair
Sat 29 Jun 2019 1:50 AM by florin
Kaseylol wrote:
Sat 29 Jun 2019 12:35 AM
NoExit wrote:
Sat 29 Jun 2019 12:02 AM

You mean people who spent time leveling the right class, spent time gearing up, spent time learning the dungeon, then spent time farming it have more feathers than you?

Yikes bro that seems really unfair

Yes this! And even better, from now on the stupid bastards that do all those things will have to putz around mob by mob writing down in a notebook what their imaginary multiplier is for the day! Suckers!
Sat 29 Jun 2019 2:54 AM by ExcretusMaximus
A don't understand how a group of people who universally hated the PvE grind introduced by ToA can then implement a similar grind on their custom server.

It makes no sense to me.
Sat 29 Jun 2019 3:02 AM by Saroi
So after the kill the next time you only get 10% feathers (unless you wait a few days)? Why? I mean the server is now almost 6 month old. It shouldn't be harder to come to money or items, it should be faster.

I don't raid so I am in need of others. It took me nearly 3 days of spamming trade in Hibernia for Legion or Nightshade chest. And I was willing to pay 11p for 1 item, so it is not like I try to buy cheap.

As on Mid I looked for an Item with 10k feather and also willing to pay 4p, looked for 4 days till I finally found someone.

It is already hard and pretty much luck based to find someone who is willing to give away their feathers for plat.
Sat 29 Jun 2019 3:30 AM by Kwall0311
With the idea for this change you might consider making the other dungeons worthwile. For example in Mid, Trollheim and Iarnvidiar's Lair were the spot to go for feathers in beta. But a lot of the bosses got nerfed/changed to not drop feathers, so they became a ghost town.

The new upcoming instance addition will be a good rotation, too.
Sat 29 Jun 2019 6:27 AM by Niix
if the 6 day was 1 day i would get it, otherwise seems bonkers
Sat 29 Jun 2019 7:42 AM by YoungBoys
I don't understand the purpose of this change

It will make the life even harder to new players, or to players with not big wealth

It will make, for example, flasks cost a lot more because feathers will be a lot more scarce

The mistake was to implement DS without some sort of lockout.
I remember when you announced DS, you statead that there would be some mechanism so that consecutive runs would yield less feathers. Yet this was never put in place

Now it looks like you are trying to make up for a mistake made months ago, but it's too late. The population is barely 40% of what it used to be in april, and it keeps on dropping. It will drop dramatically once wow classic is released, and it will drop even more once people start going back to the official server when they release the F2P.

The only way this change to the feather system would make any sense, would be having the feathers yield back to 100% after 24 hours, so that one could only farm DS once a day.

Having it to 6 days, would absolutely make no sense, because this way it would be TRULY impossible to farm feathers. People would run a raid once, and then wouldn't run it again for a week until the yield goes back to 100%. This means that if you miss the first raid, you are truly screwed.

Please rethink this change because it will TRULY hurt the server.
Sat 29 Jun 2019 9:36 AM by Kaziera
Read carefuly lol.

This change is perfect for new players and casuals. I give you the reasons.

1. First bosskill on any caracter yields 100%. So get to 50, do 1x gala/tg/alb thing, 1x ds, 1x world bosses 1x legion for about 30k feathers.

Gives you 1x epic dungeon vest plus procs plus some pots.

2. After 6 days its not up to 100% its at 500%. So any casual that can do epic dungeon 1x a weak, gains freaking 55k feathers, not 11k as usual.

The only problem might be, that those players, who cant take part in the weekly raids, might be shafted. I really hope that leaders will rise up, who will lead raids 2 or 3 times a week
Sat 29 Jun 2019 9:38 AM by Ceen
Kaziera wrote:
Sat 29 Jun 2019 9:36 AM
Read carefuly lol.

1. First bosskill on any caracter yields 100%. So get to 50, do 1x gala/tg/alb thing, 1x ds, 1x world bosses 1x legion for about 30k feathers.

2. After 6 days its not up to 100% its at 500%. So any casual that can do epic dungeon 1x a weak, gains freaking 55k feathers, not 11k as usual.

The only problem might be, that those players, who cant take part in the weekly raids, might be shafted. I really hope that leaders will rise up, who will lead raids 2 or 3 times a week
As I read it it's 100 % after 6 days, so if you raid weakly its roughly the same as before.
Sat 29 Jun 2019 9:45 AM by YoungBoys
Lol

Even now raids are super rare, there hasn't been a galladoria raid in EU primetime for like 3 weeks.

with this change people will run 1 raid at week and then they WILL not raid again for that entire week because the feathers yield will be pathetic

this means that if you are a casual player and miss that raid, chances are you will not find another raid to do for that entire week because most ppl had run it already by then and won't be interested it running it again

i dont understand why you have to make changes that make not much sense to stuff that is working fine
Sat 29 Jun 2019 10:04 AM by ozymandias
Also the feathers price is already high, at least on hib and partially on mid, even though ppl farm ds 24h/day

with this change the price of feathers will skyrocket

can't really wait to pay 3 plat for 1 potion

i really fail to see the meaning of all this...
Sat 29 Jun 2019 10:25 AM by Kaziera
YoungBoys wrote:
Sat 29 Jun 2019 9:45 AM
Lol

Even now raids are super rare, there hasn't been a galladoria raid in EU primetime for like 3 weeks.

with this change people will run 1 raid at week and then they WILL not raid again for that entire week because the feathers yield will be pathetic

this means that if you are a casual player and miss that raid, chances are you will not find another raid to do for that entire week because most ppl had run it already by then and won't be interested it running it again

i dont understand why you have to make changes that make not much sense to stuff that is working fine

Dunno, but when im on i almost evry day see spam for raids. Wtf are you talking about.
Sat 29 Jun 2019 10:43 AM by ozymandias
Kaziera wrote:
Sat 29 Jun 2019 10:25 AM
YoungBoys wrote:
Sat 29 Jun 2019 9:45 AM
Lol

Dunno, but when im on i almost evry day see spam for raids. Wtf are you talking about.

I don't know what realm you play but on HIB nobody runs Galladoria anymore (there has been only 1 galla raid in the past 3 weeks and it was during US time, with 45 ppl it took 4 hours) and no more legion or dragon raids for weeks.

There has been NO successful GALLADORIA raid over the past 3 weeks in EU primetime (and only 1 overall)
There has been NO successful Dragon raid over the past 3 weeks
There has been only ONE successful Legion raid over the past 3 weeks

3 weeks is a long time, especially considering that the life span of these free shards is not the greatest. Uthgard was dead already after 12 months and Phoenix lost over 50% of its population within the last 3 months.

People are complaining ALL THE TIME in the public hibernia chats that nobody runs raid, and all they get is "go run DS for feathers, nobody wants to spend 4 hours in galladoria for 10k)

So despite all this, despite the absolute lack of raids, you want to nerf the feathers drop even more? are you kidding me???

this is a rvr game, don't make the pve harder than it has to be. feathers are key because you made potion recipes with them, so people are forced to farm them, do not ruin this
Sat 29 Jun 2019 11:44 AM by woody
Kaziera wrote:
Read carefuly lol.

Maybe it was edited or something, but the last line if the post says it's at 500% after 60 days.

"500% are reached about 60 days after the last kill."
Sat 29 Jun 2019 12:00 PM by Kampfar
@gm is a new bosskill needed to start this bonus-timer? Or will it count from Implementation?
Sat 29 Jun 2019 1:30 PM by obsideus
Kaziera wrote:
Read carefuly lol.

Reading comprehension. You get 500% feathers 60 days after the last kill, meaning if you don't do it for 60 days THEN you get 500%.
Sat 29 Jun 2019 1:44 PM by Wiggle
I read this as plat farmers are about to get a whole lot richer.

Kudos to you for further killing your game. If it weren't free, I might give a damn
Sat 29 Jun 2019 1:58 PM by Kaziera
Wiggle wrote: I read this as plat farmers are about to get a whole lot richer.

Kudos to you for further killing your game. If it weren't free, I might give a damn

And in fact the exact oposite is true. Both Statements
Sat 29 Jun 2019 2:09 PM by Kaziera
obsideus wrote:
Sat 29 Jun 2019 1:30 PM
Kaziera wrote:
Read carefuly lol.

Reading comprehension. You get 500% feathers 60 days after the last kill, meaning if you don't do it for 60 days THEN you get 500%.

/sarcasm on: Oh crap, i misread a 60 as a 6. After i said read carefully. Such horror. You owned me so hard there! /sarcasm off
Sat 29 Jun 2019 2:47 PM by Mavella
Kaziera wrote:
Sat 29 Jun 2019 2:09 PM
obsideus wrote:
Sat 29 Jun 2019 1:30 PM
Kaziera wrote:
Read carefuly lol.

/sarcasm on: Oh crap, i misread a 60 as a 6. After i said read carefully. Such horror. You owned me so hard there! /sarcasm off

Well in many aspects of life being off by a factor of 10 is a pretty big deal. Sometimes the difference between life and death.

Coming in here and talking shit to all the people that can see why this is a bad change because YOU can't read makes you look even more dumb.

Nice job trying to minimize your foolishness however.
Sat 29 Jun 2019 3:21 PM by Cadebrennus
"...the reward for the next kill for that character and that particular feather mob is set to 10%..."

Looks like this change benefits hardcore farmers with multiple 50s and screws over casuals who only have one or two characters at high levels. If they're serious about balance then they will make this restriction per account and not per character.
Sat 29 Jun 2019 3:41 PM by Keltar
Quite honestly, the intention is honorable but the implantation is absolutely devastating for casuals or those new to a realm.

There are groups doing DS non stop and sitting on over 200k feathers in Hib and Alb. Midgard? Not as sure since it's far more difficult to do DS as a speed run. So Hibs and Albs probably have 15-20 people with a crap ton of feathers. Most of the population does it enough to get their gear and move on to what the game is really about... RvR.

So easy fix to make this more on par; add a mechanism where any stack of 5+ (pets or people) get AE DDed for a ton of damage. Forces shrooms and theurg pets out of the equation and slows down those realms. They'll still do it the same way, but maybe it'll take 30-40 minutes instead of 20-25.

Instead of 6 days to reset to 100% reward; set it to 24 hours FOR THE ACCOUNT. This way hardcore farmers can, at best, do it once per day. It'll discourage doing it multiple times for them. Meanwhile casuals can do it once a day and get full bonus thus giving them an alternative to the SI raids who are not easy to get into specially if you are unable to log on when those set raids happen. (Real life, timezone issues, etc)
Sat 29 Jun 2019 3:43 PM by ozymandias
Do not go ahead with this feather's change if you want to save the server

The only change (which already many people mentioned) that is needed is: had some sort to lockout for DS and push ppl to do big raids.
Sat 29 Jun 2019 3:54 PM by Pops999
Could we go a week without another change or nerf? None of this improves your retention rate.
Sat 29 Jun 2019 4:14 PM by Chihuahua
Again a change, that has too many negative sides. It will be harder to make zerg raids, since if people are at 10% it's not worth it and people will participate on raids less = NA will loose all raids sooner or later and EU aswell
Sat 29 Jun 2019 4:19 PM by Saerol
EV changes sound great for the 8v8 crowd, and they're being buried beneath the garbage that is these proposed feather changes.

I'm fine with some form of diminishing returns for those running DS 5-6 times a day with setups that clear in 20-25 mins, but this really punishes those who even just want to get in 2-3 runs on their weekends. I personally work shift work and rarely have the same day off each week, making attending the big raids (TG/Sidi/Galla/Dragons) very difficult. I've managed to get credit by attending them at least once on each realm, but it's not a reasonable way for me to collect feathers if I want to gear up a new character and if anything we will see LESS raids because there is no incentive for someone to help with a second/third run if they've just done a raid recently.

If you want to cap out the feather farming in DS this isn't the way to do it.
Sat 29 Jun 2019 4:28 PM by Laviski
another change to piss on the playerbase..... 6 days is too high. two maybe 3 would be more reasonable

if you keep going on this path then you should reset the server so all the big changes since March affect all the players from start. everything that has affected xp, rp and feathers.
Sat 29 Jun 2019 4:46 PM by Kaziera
24h, maybe 48h per acc seems best suggestion so far
Sat 29 Jun 2019 4:59 PM by Armmondo
As someone who recently rolled on the freeshard, and was working his way up on multiple characters. Why should I continue to play on the server when the population seems to be decreasing since I've rolled, and now gearing up at 50 is going to be even more difficult and time consuming?

I understand everyone with mass feathers, plat and geared characters don't care, and want everyone to nut up, but when people say fuck that and they leave, are they gonna nut up, and spend all night and day looking for the other few people left to play with and against? Like on live?
Sat 29 Jun 2019 6:27 PM by Chens
First of all, I wanted to say that this is the first time for me posting on this forum

I didn't like certain other changes (for example NF) but I didn't complain, because I knew there was some reasoning behind it

As for this feathers change.. I just don't understand why would you even think of making such a change.

Can any of the Admin post here and tell us more regarding the thought process who brought you to the decision to make this change?

i really dont want to be toxic, i am really trying.. but it's hard.

why would you change a system that was working fairly well?
Yes, introducing DS was a mistake, but you let people farm the hell out of it for many months.. now you want to nerf not only DS, but basically everything.. why?

The intended feather yield is around 8k to 10k on the first run per day, consecutive runs will potentially give less
This is what you said when you first planned to introduce DS.. why was this never done?
you want to nerf DS now, after you let nerds farm millions of feathers.. and I can accept that. But why put a lockout of 6 days?!?! and most importantly, why also apply this lockout to the other raids??
also applying the lockout not to the whole account, but just to the single character.. you want those same nerds to level 8 animists per account (which they can do because they have that crazy XP instance bonus)
why are you trying to find all the possible ways to drive people away from this server?
Sat 29 Jun 2019 7:04 PM by Chihuahua
Chens wrote:
Sat 29 Jun 2019 6:27 PM
First of all, I wanted to say that this is the first time for me posting on this forum

I didn't like certain other changes (for example NF) but I didn't complain, because I knew there was some reasoning behind it

As for this feathers change.. I just don't understand why would you even think of making such a change.

Can any of the Admin post here and tell us more regarding the thought process who brought you to the decision to make this change?

Yes, introducing DS was a mistake, but you let people farm the hell out of it for many months.. now you want to nerf not only DS, but basically everything.. why?

The intended feather yield is around 8k to 10k on the first run per day, consecutive runs will potentially give less
This is what you said when you first planned to introduce DS.. why was this never done?
you want to nerf DS now, after you let nerds farm millions of feathers.. and I can accept that. But why put a lockout of 6 days?!?! and most importantly, why also apply this lockout to the other raids??
also applying the lockout not to the whole account, but just to the single character.. you want those same nerds to level 8 animists per account (which they can do because they have that crazy XP instance bonus)
why are you trying to find all the possible ways to drive people away from this server?

The 600% xp bonus sure is nice to level some animists....
Sun 30 Jun 2019 12:11 AM by knarfknarf
Lol great way to even further hurt the population. I can understand this idea when you first implemented DS or months ago, but now? lol rip. I guess they really want to watch this server fall down the shitter.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 1:21 PM by Cruella
Chihuahua wrote:
Sat 29 Jun 2019 7:04 PM
Chens wrote:
Sat 29 Jun 2019 6:27 PM

The 600% xp bonus sure is nice to level some animists....

600% XP Bonus? Did i miss something? Can someone pls explain this?
Sun 30 Jun 2019 2:14 PM by ozymandias
each DS run completed gives u a permanent 1% xp bonus to every character on your account

it's a group bonus so goes to your group members too.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 2:17 PM by Gweinyth
Laviski wrote:
Sat 29 Jun 2019 4:28 PM
another change to piss on the playerbase..... 6 days is too high. two maybe 3 would be more reasonable

if you keep going on this path then you should reset the server so all the big changes since March affect all the players from start. everything that has affected xp, rp and feathers.

Can you please explain what you mean by reset the server? I want to understand your idea and not make assumptions.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 2:31 PM by florin
Gweinyth wrote:
Sun 30 Jun 2019 2:17 PM
Laviski wrote:

Can you please explain what you mean by reset the server? I want to understand your idea and not make assumptions.

All signs point to having a server purge and end this second phase of beta with a relaunch. Way too many exploits were available for both pve and rvr that allowed a subset of players accelerated advancement. These include salvage and feathers being uncapped for months, the rvr participation and keep multipliers, the list goes on - every exploit is geometric in growth. Time to burn it down and start again.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 2:34 PM by Laviski
florin wrote:
Sun 30 Jun 2019 2:31 PM
Gweinyth wrote:
Laviski wrote:

All signs point to having a server purge and end this second phase of beta with a relaunch. Way too many exploits were available for both pve and rvr that allowed a subset of players accelerated advancement. These include salvage and feathers being uncapped for months, the rvr participation and keep multipliers, the list goes on - every exploit is geometric in growth. Time to burn it down and start again.

in case my point by missed by anyone, florin sums it up perfectly.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 2:42 PM by Gweinyth
florin wrote:
Gweinyth wrote:
Laviski wrote:

If I am understanding you correctly, you think the devs should remove my rp's, feathers and plat I have spent hours getting to make it "fair" to others who did not spend that time. I can't think of an idea that would piss off a large portion of the population enough to make them quit than this one.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 2:50 PM by florin
Gweinyth wrote:
Sun 30 Jun 2019 2:42 PM
florin wrote:
Gweinyth wrote:

If I am understanding you correctly, you think the devs should remove my rp's, feathers and plat I have spent hours getting to make it "fair" to others who did not spend that time. I can't think of an idea that would piss off a large portion of the population enough to make them quit than this one.

I have 200pp, 100k feathers in reserve, rr8 and willing to lose it for a server that isn’t full of holes and exploits. It’s not about being fair - I will always do more than some to succeed but when you have people making 1-2million rps in couple days, or 60pp in a 3 hour duo or a million feathers in a not fully implemented dungeon, you have a broken game.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 3:06 PM by Gweinyth
florin wrote:
Sun 30 Jun 2019 2:50 PM
Gweinyth wrote:
florin wrote:

I have 200pp, 100k feathers in reserve, rr8 and willing to lose it for a server that isn’t full of holes and exploits. It’s not about being fair - I will always do more than some to succeed but when you have people making 1-2million rps in couple days, or 60pp in a 3 hour duo or a million feathers in a not fully implemented dungeon, you have a broken game.

I do not have any where close to the stash you have, I am rr6 and I for one would be really ticked off if I had to start over. Are we all starting as level 1 with everything stripped? If I want to start over I will play a different game.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 3:16 PM by florin
Gweinyth wrote:
Sun 30 Jun 2019 3:06 PM
florin wrote:
Sun 30 Jun 2019 2:50 PM
Gweinyth wrote:

I do not have any where close to the stash you have, I am rr6 and I for one would be really ticked off if I had to start over. Are we all starting as level 1 with everything stripped? If I want to start over I will play a different game.

I don’t think it will happen. Uthgard did it after about a decade or so.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 4:10 PM by Bumblina
Another kick in the teeth for none RVR'ers.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 4:44 PM by gotwqqd
Gweinyth wrote:
florin wrote:
Gweinyth wrote:

No, he suggest all characters are wiped completely
All ownership of houses removed, all guilds disbanded

A server wipe/restart
Sun 30 Jun 2019 6:07 PM by dstrmberg
Now give +10000% more feathers in RvR so that players come out from the dungeons into RvR instead. Then this could be a nice change.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 6:13 PM by alusnova415
I have been very supportive of the dev team but seriously you are killing your own server, I came to daoc from War for PvP and I understand there has to be some pve but it should never be a grind fest or a hindrance to pvp.

Beta was my first foray into daoc and I didn't completely understood how to template a character now playing after launch I learned more and now get it in this server you need plat and feathers + ROGs well I started early and had 30p and 100k feathers on Albion and templated one toon on Alb and decided to also start a mid character after the salvage nerf and let me tell you the only reason why I was able to have my template done on mid was because I transferred the money and some feathers ,otherwise no way I would have had the money or the feathers to template if I was a brand new player.

During the last 6 weeks on mid hardly any TG raids, no one willing to sell feathers, when you get to level 50 you will have 2-4p tops , you nerf salvage drop rates sure they needed to be adjusted but it went from dropping a lot to almost nil , you really are making it extremely difficult for new players to compete, you are killing your own server.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 6:32 PM by Leandrys
Edit : good move staff, edited.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 9:18 PM by gruenesschaf
The feather change will be shelved for now.
Mon 1 Jul 2019 1:02 AM by obsideus
Thank god.
Mon 1 Jul 2019 2:15 AM by Leandrys
Edited myself, sorry but was kinda pissed by the decision, thanks for listening tro the community.
Mon 1 Jul 2019 9:39 AM by Nunki
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sun 30 Jun 2019 9:18 PM
The feather change will be shelved for now.

Seems to be the best decision for now.

Thank you for working on changes, providing ideas and freezing them after a constructive discussion!

I would love to see this idea in a modified version in the next months.
I bet if you reduce the negative effect (reduced amount of feathers after first kill) while also reducing the positive effect (500% feathers after 60 days) this idea would be more accepted by the community und feel less like a feather drop nerf.
What about a simple 250% feather bonus after 30 days of not killing that mob?

Also, please think about increased feather rewards in RvR (preferrable not due to Raid-Tasks), probably scaled by highest RR of all characters in that realm.
Would be great to farm feathers for additional characters while doing what most of us want to do in DAoC: RvR.

Thanks for your work and have a good time!
Mon 1 Jul 2019 12:27 PM by ozymandias
please also nerf galladoria
you need twice as much ppl to run galladoria efficiently as you do with sidi

needs nerfing
Tue 2 Jul 2019 8:42 AM by MacPrior
I srarted a Midgard Toon, Leveled up to 50, then 3 times within 2 Days took part on TG Raid, got enough feathers to template the toon. Tmped went to RvR. End of the boring PvE grind, START OF DAOC itself!

Let me understand... now I would have to wait for Templating 1 Month? Bad Idea. What should I do this month? Twinks - dont want too mach. Farm - I hate grinding! So what? RvR, that, what does DAOC to that game, existing since 20 Years and still interesting for young and old gamers will closed for me for 1 additional Month?

No, please!
Tue 2 Jul 2019 11:20 AM by Nunki
MacPrior wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 8:42 AM
I srarted a Midgard Toon, Leveled up to 50, then 3 times within 2 Days took part on TG Raid, got enough feathers to template the toon. Tmped went to RvR. End of the boring PvE grind, START OF DAOC itself!

Let me understand... now I would have to wait for Templating 1 Month? Bad Idea. What should I do this month? Twinks - dont want too mach. Farm - I hate grinding! So what? RvR, that, what does DAOC to that game, existing since 20 Years and still interesting for young and old gamers will closed for me for 1 additional Month?

No, please!
You did not understand the concept entirely.

You would have done several different raids in order to get your first temp done (assuming that this system would cause diffrent encounter raids).

After 2 months, you would have 500% the feather outcome for the same effort in order to temp your twinks.

During those 2 months you could play your (hopefully) temped main character in RvR, redo the raids (done before) every week for 100% income (delaying the 500% boni by 1 week) or level your twinks.

So this system basically would be a one week blocker/nerf for repetetive raids and a buff of UP TO 500% (after 1 week up to 2 months) for not completing that encounter during those time while playing everything else in RvR you already have.

This could possibly mean for:
Entirely new players = More different raids / encounter, increased outsome after 1 week of not doing the same encounter again.
Already existing player = 500% feather outsome after not farming for 2 months (what most players don't want to anyway).
Tue 2 Jul 2019 11:23 AM by Nunki
Nunki wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 11:20 AM
MacPrior wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 8:42 AM

No, please!
You did not understand the concept entirely.

You would have done several different raids in order to get your first temp done (assuming that this system would cause diffrent encounter raids).

After 2 months, you would have 500% the feather outcome for the same effort in order to temp your twinks.

During those 2 months you could play your (hopefully) temped main character in RvR, redo the raids (done before) every week for 100% income (delaying the 500% boni by 1 week) or level your twinks.

So this system basically would be a one week blocker/nerf for repetetive raids and a buff of UP TO 500% (after 1 week up to 2 months) for not completing that encounter during those time while playing everything else in RvR you already have.

This could possibly mean for:
Entirely new players = More different raids / encounter, increased outcome after 1 week of not doing the same encounter again.
Already existing players = 500% feather outcome after not farming for 2 months (what most players don't want to anyway).
Tue 2 Jul 2019 7:12 PM by phaise
I like the EV porter to get 8mans going out there. But really should try and fix the lag out there aswell.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 7:29 PM by PingGuy
I know this was already shelved, but I wanted to add a thought or two.

Even though I don't raid, I do care how well the economy is balanced to incentivize raiding. That is because I am likely to acquire feather-purchased items using plat. So I want there to be a reason for people to need plat, and reasons for them to get feathers, and for that to be via raiding if possible. This means that both raid-leaders and raid-attendees need to have clear incentives.

I feel like the recently proposed solution does not incentivize leaders at all, and only incentivizes attendees in certain situations. If this is revisited, I would like to see those things addressed. Make it worth people's time if they choose to raid for feathers, and make sure that if they do so, the things they get from it will be worth selling. (Not saying to change the items, just to ensure people actually need plat if that's all they can get for these items)
Thu 11 Jul 2019 11:15 AM by Bloodyface
As this Topic is really specific and not easy to find a solution, i have to response in german to give a full feedback of my view as i cant write this as detailed in english.Sorry for this.

Das was mich am meisten an Phoenix fasziniert und worin auch wahrscheinlich der große Erfolg begründet ist, ist wie modern ein vermeintlich altes Spiel auf die heutigen bedürfnisse der Spieler angepasst wird. Das was ihr als QOL seht ,sind eigentlich angespasste spielmechanismen auf die heutigen bedürfnisse der Spieler die sich mit der Zeit verändert haben und immerwieder ändern. Es ist was lebendiges das sich nicht einer festen erfolgsformel zuordnen lässt. Das schwierige und woran die meisten scheitern, ist dieser dynamik standzuhalten,zeitnah zu reagieren um eine langzeitmotivation aufrecht zu erhalten . Es gibt niemals DIE perfekte lösung um es allen gerecht zu machen ,irgendwo müssen immer abstriche gemacht werden. Es geht darum den weg mit den möglichst geringsten verlusten zu finden um dem großteil der Spieler bei laune zu halten.

Hier hat Phoenix wirklich schon viel geleistet in der kurzen Zeit die der Server jetzt Live ist. Es wurden Mob Tasks eingeführt,Mob Bonuses,RvR änderungen. Ein Custom Darkspire,Custom Klassen anpassungen um mal die größten zu nennen neben vielen anderen . Durch den neuen Content haben sie dafür gesorgt das das interesse bei den meisten Spielern aufrrecht erhalten bleibt. Das man nicht soviele spieler wie am release halten wird, war klar und noch besteht die Playerbase aus einer gesunden gut funktionierenden Anzahl um für jeden spielertyp Spaß in sämtlichen bereichen zu bieten (Wirtschaft,PvE,RvR).

Ich selbst zähle mich zu den eher PvE lastigen Spielern und betreibe RvR nur in einem sehr geringen ausmaß, halt mal zur abwechslung wenn ich mal eine pause von PvE oder Crafting brauche,dennoch möchte ich RvR nicht ganz missen. Mir und vielen anderen macht es viel spaß reichtum anzuhäufen und gemütlich PvE mit anderen zusammen zu erleben und zu gestalten. Ich lese immerwieder das Leute behaupten das es bei DAoC ja allein um RvR geht und PvE nur mittel zum Zweck ist.
Das ist in meinen augen eine falsche aussage. Selbst für die leute die behaupten das es für sie so ist ,behaupte ich das diese aussage falsch ist und sie nicht glücklich wären wenn es nur RvR geben würde.
DAoC setzt sich aus vielen Spielertypen zusammen ,die Bereiche Wirtschaft,PvE und RvR sind alle voneinander abhängig und interagieren untereinander und erst durch diese komplexe dynamic bekommt DAoC sein Leben eingehaucht was uns alle so fasziniert und spaß bringt um vom alltag abzuschalten.

Welcher Anspruch ergibt sich daraus an Phoenix?

Um die Spieler über längere Zeit bei laune zu halten müssen in den bereichen Wirtschaft,PvE,RvR ständig anpassungen vorgenommen werden um einerseits für Balance ,aber auch für abwechslung und innovation zu sorgen. Das erfordert viel arbeit und ich möchte an dieser Stelle schon einmal DANKE für das bisher geleistete sagen weil ich das wirklich zu schätzen weiss und auch verstehe was ihr da schon alles geleistet habt. Ich persönlich freue mich riesig auf die neue angekündigte Instanz die jetzt bald kommen wird was mir persönlich wieder einen riesen motivationsschub gibt Phoenix weiter zu spielen.

Nun das Feedback zum aktuellen Problem der Wirtschaft:

Ich kenne noch nicht den genauen umfang der neuen Instanz , ich hoffe aber darauf das ihr diesen umfassenden blickt auf alle bereiche habt und somit auch weitere entwicklungen in allen bereichen schafft.
Ich als PvE´ler und Wirtschafter kann da nur aus meinem Bereich ein feedback geben was wünschenswert wäre. Als jemand der nun alle Chars auf 50 ,getempt und reskinnt hat,bleiben mir nur noch die Raids und RvR. Geld hat für mich leider keine bedeutung mehr weil es viel zu einfach durch den momentanen Stand zu verdienen ist was ich sehr schade finde, ich habe keine freude an meinem Geld weil ich weiss wie leicht es zu verdienen ist. Ebenso habe ich eine geringe wertschätzung meiner Chars weil ich auch genauso weiss wie leicht ich diese zum teil gelevelt habe und ausgestattet habe ,was sind schon 50p für ein temp wenn ich pro DS run 2p bis 6p pro run in durchschnittlich 30 mins verdiene ( 2p 10k federn + 4p items wert die eventuell droppen und später über housing verkauft werden)

Dies ist momentan der effektivste und schnellste weg geld zu verdienen und noch hat es sich nicht bei allen spielern rumgesprochen so das viele immernoch die normalen raids zum einen für den encounter,zum anderen auch für federn besuchen weil sie nicht den passenden char haben um bei DS mitzulaufen oder es nicht kennen. Auf lange zeit wird diese info aber jeden erreichen und das wird gravierende auswirkungen auf die wirtschaft wie auch das Leben in daoc haben (Große raids sterben aus)

Für die Zukunft des servers finde ich es unabdingbar das eine änderung im Federsystem erfolgt so schnell wie möglich um die vielfalt an PvE am leben zu erhalten damit dieser Server nicht zu einem DS/RvR only Server verkommt.

Ich finde es eine super idee wenn man das system auf eine art Daily reward umändert und dafür dann hoffentlich in zukunft mehrere Instanzen zur auswahl hat um trotzdem auf eine gute Summe federn zu kommen pro tag aber dafür in verschiedenen Bereichen um wieder für vielfalt zu sorgen. Das würde in meinen augen auch die PvEler mehr abwechslung und motivation bringen.

Es wäre sehr schade wenn die momentanen Raidleader das Raiden einstellen weil die leute immer mehr abspringen und zu DS wechseln weil dieses viel effektiver und einfacher ist was genau das ist,was momentan passiert.

Kurz und Knapp:
Feather change: JA ,aber auch entsprechenden ausgleich schaffen > mehr custom instanzen

Lieben Gruß

Soulkeeper
Thu 11 Jul 2019 12:52 PM by Sepplord
Bloodyface wrote:
Thu 11 Jul 2019 11:15 AM
[...]

Good post, i just think there is a small flaw with your assesment of how easy it is to make gold regarding DS. DS doesn't really generate gold. As you said it generates feathers and items.
If more people start farming DS, it doesn't mean there will be loads of more gold in the economy. There will be more items and feathers, which should drive their prices down, which in the end would be a good thing for new/starting players

Currently feathers are expensive and hard to buy, despite them being so easily availalbe. Fighting near a keep/tower gives huge amounts of feathers and as you said DS also gives loads of feathers fast. Yet, i very rarely see people selling feathers, and if they do they are asking for very high prices compared to just a few weeks ago
Thu 11 Jul 2019 7:21 PM by Bloodyface
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 11 Jul 2019 12:52 PM
Bloodyface wrote:
Thu 11 Jul 2019 11:15 AM
[...]

Good post, i just think there is a small flaw with your assesment of how easy it is to make gold regarding DS. DS doesn't really generate gold. As you said it generates feathers and items.
If more people start farming DS, it doesn't mean there will be loads of more gold in the economy. There will be more items and feathers, which should drive their prices down, which in the end would be a good thing for new/starting players

Currently feathers are expensive and hard to buy, despite them being so easily availalbe. Fighting near a keep/tower gives huge amounts of feathers and as you said DS also gives loads of feathers fast. Yet, i very rarely see people selling feathers, and if they do they are asking for very high prices compared to just a few weeks ago

This was not in my intention in the post but you got a point there,could also stay like that and let feathers become cheaper. But I would like to see some balance between gold farming and feathers farming. Gold farming got a nerf so should feathers get imo to hold some price balance.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Planned Changes or the latest topics