[Implemented] ROG Drop Rate Reduction (Level 30+)

Started 10 Jul 2018
by gruenesschaf
in Planned Changes
In the low levels we have a very high rog drop rate due to how quickly everyone levels, later on it leads to rog fatigue that people just vendor everything because they don't even want to look at an item anymore, that seems to be a good indicator that it's slightly too high.

There is also the economy impact where we have the choice of reducing the (already low) value of the rogs or just adjusting the drop rate.

We'll go with the drop rate reduction:
The group size influence will be removed from the rog drop chance starting at level 30. For full groups that would mean halving the drop rate. Named mobs / bosses are not affected and keep their special drop chance, solo play is also not affected as only the group influence is removed.
Tue 10 Jul 2018 7:05 PM by Farel
No Reprocs on ROG Armor/Shields at all, at least below Level 40.
No Procs on weapons below Level 30.
Tue 10 Jul 2018 8:15 PM by Magesty
Good change. By the time I get to 15 or so on most of my chars I've stopped looking at stats and just equip whichever item is higher level. While leveling up an Avalonian Wizard I had to turn the auto loot feature off at level 6 because I was constantly becoming encumbered and had to destroy everything in my bags (which is a fairly lengthy process relative to downtime). I know you aren't targeting these levels but I can only imagine it get worse as kill speed and mobs/level increase.

Are there any plans to buff up dungeon/world drops once they are implemented? Knowing there is a good suit of armor or whatever else that can drop from a camp makes it a lot more fun to go level there-- although perhaps with the XP rate being this high it is a low priority change.
Wed 11 Jul 2018 1:50 AM by MacPrior
As for me, its a worst massage today. I looking with huge attention for development of this server and await very much the final start. One of the most positive side was the matter with plenty of drops. It is one of the ground why I planed to join this server by release. For me - it is a pity, you made this decision. And I hope it will be done maximally carefully.
I Have to say, XP progression is also not so huge on this server, If now comes the drop reduction. I don't know, why should I leave my 5 equipped lvl 50th on another shard and to start over here.
Wed 11 Jul 2018 8:14 AM by Pao
Can make it have standard crafted or ROG skins until 30 or 40.
40+ it has a random Skin from all skins in the game for all 99q/mp Items. Would be great.
Wed 11 Jul 2018 8:34 AM by Rhoedric
Good idea, too much loot kill the loot 😉
At low level it’s very usefull (xp in grey gear isn’t fun at all) but the more you level, the less you need to change gear every 30min.
Like said, make skin more rare at low level so we can <feel> a progression in stuff 🙂

Good job !
Wed 11 Jul 2018 1:47 PM by Azozial
MacPrior wrote:
Wed 11 Jul 2018 1:50 AM
As for me, its a worst massage today. I looking with huge attention for development of this server and await very much the final start. One of the most positive side was the matter with plenty of drops. It is one of the ground why I planed to join this server by release. For me - it is a pity, you made this decision. And I hope it will be done maximally carefully.
I Have to say, XP progression is also not so huge on this server, If now comes the drop reduction. I don't know, why should I leave my 5 equipped lvl 50th on another shard and to start over here.

Really? All it takes for you to stop, is for them to lower the droprate on RoG's which is clearly out of state... The number of items you get, with the huge amount of stats, is just too much... Like I mentioned earlier, lvl 44, 3plats, just from selling RoG items... If thats not broken, I don't know what is.

Anyways, the Devs them self decide what to change, and unlike many other shards, these Devs actually listen to the community... Id say since this change is coming, it's because more ppl dislike the droprate...

And if you dont think XP is better here, I think you might be doing it wrong
I got to lvl 48.2 and I've played a few hours, but I wouldn't call that "not huge"..

Hopefully you'll grow to love the server, the more people we can have here, the merrier
Wed 11 Jul 2018 6:04 PM by Tyton
MacPrior wrote:
Wed 11 Jul 2018 1:50 AM

This is beta aka testing phase. Now's the time for the staff to try reducing/increasing drop rates, to see what works best. Explore options until the best option is clear. I'm not sure if the lvl30 thing is the answer but sounds like a good place to start.

I personally found the drops too plentiful, others did and did not. Testing takes time.
Sun 15 Jul 2018 5:27 PM by Exploder
Something that I think may need to be looked at would be chance to get a proc item (currently 100%) and armor/cloak skins. Proc items are always fun to get, but it would be nice if there was just a chance to roll a proc item. They shouldn't be so easy to acquire. And also, the armor/cloak skins. Would be much better if they were just vanilla skins and not like aurulite/darkspire or whatever they are currently. Looks really weird as a level 5 being fully equipped in what appears to be higher level gear. Drop rate seems fine. Might be a little too high early, but it's easy enough to deal with. Just my 2cents.
Sun 15 Jul 2018 8:43 PM by Tyton
Exploder wrote:
Sun 15 Jul 2018 5:27 PM
Something that I think may need to be looked at would be chance to get a proc item (currently 100%) and armor/cloak skins. Proc items are always fun to get, but it would be nice if there was just a chance to roll a proc item. They shouldn't be so easy to acquire. And also, the armor/cloak skins. Would be much better if they were just vanilla skins and not like aurulite/darkspire or whatever they are currently. Looks really weird as a level 5 being fully equipped in what appears to be higher level gear. Drop rate seems fine. Might be a little too high early, but it's easy enough to deal with. Just my 2cents.

Completely agree with all this especially the procs and skins. But I’m sure this will be looked at etc - it’s still early in beta. I’m sure there’s more important bugs/balancing to deal with for now.
Mon 23 Jul 2018 8:03 AM by agufledis
I'm level 43 and I think ROG is still too high, often I even don't click on the info button because they are too much and just sell them.
Thu 26 Jul 2018 4:10 AM by Numatic
You could reduce it further but increase the chance for class specific drops when you do get one?

On my alt, since the change, has many times gone into green/grey gear due to having what little RoG I got being for other classes. Maybe hes just having really bad RoG luck for 10 levels (hes only 18) but I never had close to that issue before.
Fri 27 Jul 2018 11:30 AM by Pretissimo
Hi Guys,

what about to implement some kind of Legendary drops?

Where you can see immediatly by colour, sound or skin that you got an more valuable drop.

And maybe only Legendary drops got procs, skin and higher stats.

Cheers,

Pret
Fri 27 Jul 2018 12:04 PM by Glimmer
Pretissimo wrote:
Fri 27 Jul 2018 11:30 AM
Hi Guys,

what about to implement some kind of Legendary drops?

Where you can see immediatly by colour, sound or skin that you got an more valuable drop.

And maybe only Legendary drops got procs, skin and higher stats.

Cheers,

Pret
If we gooing by this way, maybe add item sets ? Like while wearing 3parts of sets your skill or ability will do more dmg/heal.
Would like to see something like this, but i'm aware this may be too huge custom change
Sat 28 Jul 2018 7:36 PM by kpax
pls check the rog formula...some items drops alot some almost not ..i droped like 30+ blade/crush weapon but only 2 thrusting weapons with my thrusting skilled merc...
Sun 29 Jul 2018 12:25 AM by Ganaka
Numatic wrote:
Thu 26 Jul 2018 4:10 AM
You could reduce it further but increase the chance for class specific drops when you do get one?

On my alt, since the change, has many times gone into green/grey gear due to having what little RoG I got being for other classes. Maybe hes just having really bad RoG luck for 10 levels (hes only 18) but I never had close to that issue before.

This is true. Even when solo, I'm getting all kinds of drops, except for what I need. I'm selling orange gear and using green. Haha!
Tue 31 Jul 2018 4:40 AM by Prometheus
my issue with RoG drops isn't the drop rate it's the randomness of them, please implement full random drops, as a champion spec'd into pierce the chance of even getting a pierce weapon was very low and even then the stats were set for a nightshade, which i wouldn't care if it were just more random on the stats.
Fri 3 Aug 2018 6:15 PM by Anaethema
I agree that the drop rate is too high but I am very glad to see they take lower level players into account who need to upgrade their armor more often than higher level players.

Overall a good change for the longevity of the server.
Fri 3 Aug 2018 8:00 PM by Aegis15656
Prometheus wrote:
Tue 31 Jul 2018 4:40 AM
my issue with RoG drops isn't the drop rate it's the randomness of them, please implement full random drops, as a champion spec'd into pierce the chance of even getting a pierce weapon was very low and even then the stats were set for a nightshade, which i wouldn't care if it were just more random on the stats.

Not sure how random they are. Damn near all the drops I have had post 25 have been of the resist variety. I would rather have stats primary and resists secondary (for leveling gear at least )
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Planned Changes or the latest topics