Instances, more Respecs and Jewel Crafting

Started 28 Mar 2019
by gruenesschaf
in Planned Changes
Instances

There were quite a few guesses what the RP announcement meant, and some were correct: it’s about the Catacombs dungeon Dark Spire.

We are going to introduce instanced dungeons for somewhat challenging level 50 PvE content, there will not be any level instances. As this is the first instance and hence the first test of our new instance implementation as well as our first attempt at implementing challenging group pve content we’re going to use the rather small Dark Spire dungeon. We plan to release more instances as time goes on, depending on how it’s received etc.

Please note that we do not attempt to rebuild the instances as they were on live, we are merely using the same maps.

We do not intend to make everyone redo their template with this update and to that end there will be no new named items or even new stats introduced.

Please note that this instance might undergo rather large changes in difficulty even after it has been made public, the instances are not meant to be something you half afk through. Every single pull will be designed as a somewhat challenging encounter for the intended group size and in case of non-boss mobs normal BAF rules will not apply, instead there are fixed mob groups, if one of them is pulled the entire group is pulled and that group of mobs represents the encounter.
The instances will feature a leader board (clear time) and a mythirian slot item that provides PvE bonuses while in instances depending on the number of instance completions done on your account.

The intended duration for a run is around 60 minutes, that is assuming nothing goes wrong. The intended feather yield is around 8k to 10k on the first run per day, consecutive runs will potentially give less. Each boss will drop the usual 3x 3 rogs and the rog level will be set accordingly. There will be no respawn in instances and killing every single instance mob (ignoring spawned adds and similar) will count as a completion. There will be measures in place to prevent people from releasing and rejoining ongoing fights. Leaving the group or having ld while in an instance will port you back to your bind point. You will access the instances via some teleporter in the capital cities and border keeps, there will be prerequisites for entering an instance, for dark spire it will be a simple quest.

Respecs

With the same update we’ll also introduce new respecs:
- Starting stat respec
- Appearance respec
- Race respec, class / race restrictions still apply, includes appearance respec

These respecs will be available on the bits & pieces merchant and will require the kill credit of the end boss of the instance.

These respecs will also be available for bounty points, however, as of now we are not entirely certain if this will mean a general exchange for bp to feathers or just another merchant selling specific items also for bp.

Jewel Crafting

We will introduce jewel crafting as an actual profession that allows you to craft ROGs, this might potentially be introduced in a later update.

There will be recipes of different levels per slot (ring, bracer, neck etc.) which will require something you will get from salvaging a rog of the same slot and level (e.g. supreme ring rogs) as well as some material that costs gold, for example metal bars, and some amount of Phoenix Ash.

The item resulting from this recipe will not have any stats, instead it will be a usable item that when used creates the actual rog with stats for the class of the one using the item, the rog will have the same quality as the craft result item and, as for all rogs, the quality will affect the available imbue points as will the recipe level.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:26 PM by Amorphium
Holy shit, sounds awesome. I just hope that focus pulling is not possible (edit: IIRC it wasn't viable on live either), then tanks will have purpose again in alb and hib!
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:27 PM by Dominus
excellent news schaf!
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:28 PM by Bumbles
wow. You guys are doing things that should have been on Live years ago, very impressive.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:28 PM by bigdaddyo
nice stuff, hopefully this amount of attention goes into fixing RVR next.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:30 PM by DiscountBob
Very cool, thanks to the team for all the hard work. Changes should be interesting.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:31 PM by Cirinna
looking forward to this, looks great
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:33 PM by hellcon
Sounds promising, especially if decent (60+) util jewelry become available to the masses.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:35 PM by Aincrad
This sounds like a fun/interesting change. Can't wait to try it all out! Thanks Phoenix Team!
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:38 PM by cere2
While cool, I honestly hope you take into account that this also will put even more distance for people who don't play group friendly chars.

Would be awesome if it would scale accordingly so that perhaps a Scout or SB could do these solo, less rewards perhaps, or perhaps same rewards but takes much more time etc.

Otherwise I see this as another elitist group farming setting.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:43 PM by chryso
When is this going in?
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:44 PM by keen
Thumbs up
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:48 PM by AngelRose
This is a very cool change. It is great that people can get feathers without having to depend on large raids
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:50 PM by faabz
When does it go live? April 1st?
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:52 PM by Runental
Good to change the scene once or twice... Bit sad you do not focus to fix existing PvE Content like Dragon Loottables and Named loottables in general and revise the "feather economy".
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:53 PM by Uthred
I deleted some posts. Pls stop the insults and stay on topic. Thank you.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:55 PM by AmpaMicakane
Stoked to tryout instances, these look like great changes and I appreciate all the hardwork you all volunteer.

My one wishlist would be (like others have mentioned) is that the instances would scale with group number and be possible to solo/duo, but I could see that as being very difficult.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:55 PM by Komaf
I really hope this opens the way to the developers finding a way to "inspire" groups to invite classes other than heal/bomb on all three servers. Here's to hoping that's on the list. I really want the server to survive but we need to offer more than to just the popular pve group builds that leave so much of the game solo and logging.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:55 PM by Zenkar
Amazing!

Wonder how I'll have to update Zenkcraft now /ponder
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:57 PM by Eckso
Damn! This sounds amazing! We are only two months into the server and you guys are springing the "He got this at Jareds" shit for us. /applause
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:59 PM by Pedro
Komaf wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:55 PM
I really hope this opens the way to the developers finding a way to "inspire" groups to invite classes other than heal/bomb on all three servers. Here's to hoping that's on the list. I really want the server to survive but we need to offer more than to just the popular pve group builds that leave so much of the game solo and logging.

Probably focus groups will still happen. Unless bosses get a mechanic to confuse the pets to get off them, then they'll need actual tanks and dps.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:00 PM by Spiderslayer
Okay this is a good start. Is there any chance that we will see heretica added to player classes in the future?
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:00 PM by Ceen
cere2 wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:38 PM
While cool, I honestly hope you take into account that this also will put even more distance for people who don't play group friendly chars.

Would be awesome if it would scale accordingly so that perhaps a Scout or SB could do these solo, less rewards perhaps, or perhaps same rewards but takes much more time etc.

What other elitist farming content are you talking about?
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:03 PM by cere2
Ceen wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:00 PM
cere2 wrote:

Generally, the pre 50 levelling or post 50 rog farming.

Look all, I understand. I'm just making a suggestion that these would hopefully be able to be completed solo. Grouping would be faster and faster rewards, but would it really bother people if someone who enjoys playing a Ranger over playing a Druid might be rewarded for playing well on their toon? I know most enjoy group play, but I enjoy playing on my own time. Some of us have too much IRL distractions to fully designate even an hour to full-on gaming mode.

I love that the Dev's are constantly improving this awesome free-shard. I'm just throwin in my 2 cents .
Thanks,
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:04 PM by Numatic
Ceen wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:00 PM
cere2 wrote:

I think he meant Meta in regards to grouping and doing higher end content.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:07 PM by phixion
Will you need "credit" on the char you want to race respec or any on the account?
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:13 PM by Loki
Let's just get this over with and introduce Templatecrafting , you craft a small egg that hatches a full weaponless template so that people that play 30 min a day can get to rr11 too.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:19 PM by kmark101
- Instances, while I personally not a big fan of them, more content is always good. Feathers should be adjusted down a bit (like 8k) so a mass raid still should be a primary option rewards wise.

- Race/starting stats change - now I'm totally against this change, I think it ruins the immersion of the game and also deletes the permanent selection feeling of an old school mmo. We are here playing this game for a reason, one of them is persistency. If you can freely change the race of your character or modify the starting stats (why would you do that anyway... its such a small thing you cant really mess up) it will have a negative effect on this aspect. Changing this aspect makes you less invested in your character, hence in the community and the game, which means people will quit/leave faster.

- Jewelcrafting - I think one of the most brilliant development of this server were the ROG system. It gave players a reason to keep playing even after lvl 50, go to raids and 8man runs to existing dungeons and areas for a chance to get that lottery ROG, etc.. in other words it gave people a reason to play some relaxing PVE even after levelling (but not much grinding, since the drop system was fairly user friendly, soon you got nice ROG drops, but it had this lottery element which is a good incentive to play). Now this element will be drastically reduced in the game cause you can just craft it like everything else... standard boring templates will emerge again, a part that made Daoc gearing so boring on other servers. Gearing here is/was FUN and that is exclusively due to random ROG's. Same as the previous one, the end result is less invested characters (just got temped quickly and already bored..), less invested in the game, faster drops in playerbase. This change is totally working against the server and population in the long term.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:21 PM by Loki
phixion wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:07 PM
Will you need "credit" on the char you want to race respec or any on the account?
Umm it's pretty clear in the post .... you need to do the new dungeon, then respecs are available at the bits&pieces merchant. Obviously, credit is account wide just like any PvE credit.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:26 PM by tweedledumb99
kmark101 wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:19 PM
- Instances, while I personally not a big fan of them, more content is always good. Feathers should be adjusted down a bit (like 8k) so a mass raid still should be a primary option rewards wise.

- Race/starting stats change - now I'm totally against this change, I think it ruins the immersion of the game and also deletes the permanent selection feeling of an old school mmo. We are here playing this game for a reason, one of them is persistency. If you can freely change the race of your character or modify the starting stats (why would you do that anyway... its such a small thing you cant really mess up) it will have a negative effect on this aspect. Changing this aspect makes you less invested in your character, hence in the community and the game, which means people will quit/leave faster.

- Jewelcrafting - I think one of the most brilliant development of this server were the ROG system. It gave players a reason to keep playing even after lvl 50, go to raids and 8man runs to existing dungeons and areas for a chance to get that lottery ROG, etc.. in other words it gave people a reason to play some relaxing PVE even after levelling (but not much grinding, since the drop system was fairly user friendly, soon you got nice ROG drops, but it had this lottery element which is a good incentive to play). Now this element will be drastically reduced in the game cause you can just craft it like everything else... standard boring templates will emerge again, a part that made Daoc gearing so boring on other servers. Gearing here is/was FUN and that is exclusively due to random ROG's. Same as the previous one, the end result is less invested characters (just got temped quickly and already bored..), less invested in the game, faster drops in playerbase. This change is totally working against the server and population in the long term.

Do you have anything to back up your claim that people will leave faster if you can respec race/appearance/starting stats?
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:28 PM by Numatic
Loki wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:13 PM
Let's just get this over with and introduce Templatecrafting , you craft a small egg that hatches a full weaponless template so that people that play 30 min a day can get to rr11 too.

This argument always sounds so selfish.

"I play 6 hours a day so I should be way stronger than my opponent who plays 30mins a day". Basically its saying anyone who gets to enjoy the game for such a small amount of time should not be allowed to compete with anyone who spends a great deal of hours playing. The task system was meant so those who wouldn't normally be able to reach high RR, have the shot to do so. As well it still takes a great amount of played time to achieve that. Why? Because those with little play time dont have dedicated RvR groups. So they either solo or PuG. So while you, who plays his days away on DAoC now instead of one or two RR11 toons, you can have multiple 50's at RR11. Which let's you experience high RR play on multiple toons. While that one guy can only manage it once. But you dont see him on here whining how everyone else who plays alot gets to have multiple RR11 toons and he doesnt, do you?
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:29 PM by phixion
Loki wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:21 PM
phixion wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:07 PM
Umm it's pretty clear in the post .... you need to do the new dungeon, then respecs are available at the bits&pieces merchant. Obviously, credit is account wide just like any PvE credit.

Umm no, it wasn't clear. That's why I asked.

I think having the ability to change appearance, starting stats and even race are huge, they may even keep people playing. I'm sure some people out there regret their initial decision and would like to start fresh but just don't have it in them to do so, no matter how easy it is here.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:30 PM by paqdizzle
cere2 wrote:

all classes have a role though. I love this!!! but then again I have friends who know how to play well
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:32 PM by Meandow
tweedledumb99 wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:26 PM
kmark101 wrote:

Do you have anything to back up your claim that people will leave faster if you can respec race/appearance/starting stats?

Not going to quit because of it but it's still a big turn off, please consider removing this respec Phoenix, I sincerely do not see the point of it. Starting stats respec is plenty enough. OR at the minimum make it a 1 time thing for people who derped when they initially made their character. Having people switch race whenever they feel like it is a really, really bad idea.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:33 PM by dbeattie71
There needs to be a 30 for 30 on this free shard, it’s quite impressive imo.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:34 PM by romulus
kmark101 wrote:

Details are light w.r.t. jewelcrafting, but my reading of the announcement is that we won't be able to select the enchants on the trinkets: after crafting they will be unimprinted, and they will be ROGs as soon as the user equips them (with the actual stats being rolled at that time). It sounds more like a ROG re-roll mechanic where you salvage ROGs that you don't want, combined with gold and ashes, and get to roll again for an item that is geared toward your class. If this is true, I don't see standard templates emerging.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:34 PM by rubaduck
This is some fresh news and I am really glad to see you're doing something that will bring a ton of content, and that will change the repetitive pve horror that is Galla right now.

The Dark Spire will be group (8 man) yes? I really hope it won't be any bigger.

The race respecs are amazing! Thank you!

PS: Please don't be a aprils fools prank!
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:36 PM by dbeattie71
Meandow wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:32 PM
tweedledumb99 wrote:
kmark101 wrote:

Not going to quit because of it but it's still a big turn off, please consider removing this respec Phoenix, I sincerely do not see the point of it. Starting stats respec is plenty enough. OR at the minimum make it a 1 time thing for people who derped when they initially made their character. Having people switch race whenever they feel like it is a really, really bad idea.

I want to change my shades starting stats because native was based on dex and now is based on str.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:37 PM by Ashenspire
So many people freaking out about jewelcrafting without reading how it's going to work.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:38 PM by kmark101
romulus wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:34 PM
Details are light w.r.t. jewelcrafting, but my reading of the announcement is that we won't be able to select the enchants on the trinkets: after crafting they will be unimprinted, and they will be ROGs as soon as the user equips them (with the actual stats being rolled at that time). It sounds more like a ROG re-roll mechanic where you salvage ROGs that you don't want, combined with gold and ashes, and get to roll again for an item that is geared toward your class. If this is true, I don't see standard templates emerging.

For that we already have tools: /trade and merchant. You know, things where a community can actually interact with each other and the server's economy can thrive. Not an automated script that runs for you.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:40 PM by romulus
kmark101 wrote: For that we already have tools: /trade and merchant. You know, things where a community can actually interact with each other and the server's economy can thrive. Not an automated script that runs for you.

If you don't think there will be a community market for unimprinted ROGs then you must be new here.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:41 PM by phixion
Meandow wrote:
tweedledumb99 wrote:
kmark101 wrote:

For someone who doesn't see the point of it, you sure seem to care a lot about others doing it.

As long as they make it cost a lot, it's fine.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:41 PM by chryso
Loki wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:13 PM

It sounds like the item is still going to be a rog. It will just be like a sub 20 rog when they were all tailored to your class.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:44 PM by rubaduck
romulus wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:40 PM
kmark101 wrote:

If you don't think there will be a community market for unimprinted ROGs then you must be new here.

Exactly, it will just put more into the community because a) the base item will have a trading value and b) the resulting item can have a trading value.

It's a win for traders.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:49 PM by Meandow
phixion wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:41 PM
Meandow wrote:
tweedledumb99 wrote:

For someone who doesn't see the point of it, you sure seem to care a lot about others doing it.

Are you dense? I don't see any point as in no positives, no good, no benefits, comprende? There is no cost high enough, unless it resets your entire realm rank.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:52 PM by Uthred
Jewelcrafting: The crafter will not be able to determine the stats of the ROG. When crafting you will get an item which will have a certain quality. You will be able to trade this item. The person who uses this item will get a ROG which will have stats according to the class of the person using it. The quality of the item will determine the quality of the ROG. It will have Imbue points like a crafted item of the same level and quality.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:53 PM by Meandow
dbeattie71 wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:36 PM
Meandow wrote:
tweedledumb99 wrote:

I want to change my shades starting stats because native was based on dex and now is based on str.

Then you didn't read what I said. I literally said "Starting stats respec is plenty enough". I am referring to race respecs..
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:55 PM by MaulsWP
Meandow wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:49 PM
phixion wrote:
Meandow wrote:

Are you dense? I don't see any point as in no positives, no good, no benefits, comprende? There is no cost high enough, unless it resets your entire realm rank.

Why though? Why is this the hill to die on? A largely cosmetic change, with minor starting stat differences seems silly to be against as a feather/bp dump.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:59 PM by Roto23
Uthred wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:53 PM
I deleted some posts. Pls stop the insults and stay on topic. Thank you.

Don't let the vocal minority trick you into thinking that the silent majority of us are not super appreciative of what you are doing; because we are super appreciative of you guys are doing. I've said this before and I'll repeat it...We are luck y to have you guys.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 7:00 PM by phixion
MaulsWP wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:55 PM
Meandow wrote:
phixion wrote:

Why though? Why is this the hill to die on? A largely cosmetic change, with minor starting stat differences seems silly to be against as a feather/bp dump.

Yeah, I don't get it. It's not like this game is immersive. Look at WoW, it has race change, it helps those that want it and those that don't needn't use it.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 7:00 PM by bradpjaxx
Holy crap, someone hand me a towel, or need to clean ip
Thu 28 Mar 2019 7:05 PM by Meandow
MaulsWP wrote:
Meandow wrote:
phixion wrote:

https://forum.playphoenix.online/posting.php?mode=quote&f=45&p=49333

Because it doesn't fit with Daoc, half the game is recognizing people you're fighting, if they're a new race each and every day that will just be nullified. If people are really that bothered by their race they can just remake. Takes a day to level to 50.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 7:07 PM by djegu
Meandow wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 7:05 PM
Because it doesn't fit with Daoc, half the game is recognizing people you're fighting, if they're a new race each and every day that will just be nullified. If people are really that bothered by their race they can just remake. Takes a day to level to 50.

I see your point, but we already have people that change guild color pretty often, they will surprise you the first run and that's it, same for race, you will see the name recognize the grp and the class won't matter.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 7:09 PM by phixion
Meandow wrote:

So for the same eventuality you'd rather people level again and gain their RRs again? This is a QoL server my man.

And as mentioned, Dye's/Skins are a thing, you can drastically change your look as it is.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 7:14 PM by MaulsWP
Meandow wrote:
MaulsWP wrote:
Meandow wrote:

Figured you had a reason, thanks for explaining. I think it's a rather flimsy reason not to just shrug and let the Devs toss them in. Groups that are easily identifiable won't change dramatically, even with race respecs. The threats on this server, rvr wise, are easily identifiable and for the most part enjoy people knowing they are who they are. Regardless ... there are enough identifiable markers to differentiate class composition that someone/groups gaming the system to rotate race selections is largely going to be more humorous than effective.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 7:21 PM by Stoked
Meandow wrote:

I think we can all safely ignore the few self-important, auto-flaming sociopaths like this Meandowns guy. With any luck these improvements will cause vile incels like him to QQ away from our community and find some other outlet for spreading vitriol.

Thank you Phoenix staff for the EXCELLENT changes! They will benefit many players for a variety of reasons. I for one accidentally chose the wrong face on one of my toons, and would like to fix it!
Thu 28 Mar 2019 7:23 PM by Meandow
MaulsWP wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 7:14 PM
Meandow wrote:
MaulsWP wrote:

Figured you had a reason, thanks for explaining. I think it's a rather flimsy reason not to just shrug and let the Devs toss them in. Groups that are easily identifiable won't change dramatically, even with race respecs. The threats on this server, rvr wise, are easily identifiable and for the most part enjoy people knowing they are who they are. Regardless ... there are enough identifiable markers to differentiate class composition that someone/groups gaming the system to rotate race selections is largely going to be more humorous than effective.

Sure, there is where we disagree. Adding it is incredibly flimsy and short sighted to me.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 7:24 PM by chryso
Meandow wrote:

I get it. You are afraid you might lose a fight if you don't immediately know who the support class is.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 7:25 PM by waffel
Meandow wrote:

I can't imagine crying tears over something with zero details given, especially something so silly.

People can change their spec every single day, do they? No. Do you know why? it will become expensive. Don't you think, maybe, the devs made the cost of a race change... expensive? Maybe 20k feathers? Maybe more? Or perhaps you can only do it once a week? Or maybe you need to complete the Dark Spire every time you want to change?
Thu 28 Mar 2019 7:28 PM by yasow
Hej guys, we do respect heated discussions here on phoenix, but please stay nice!
Thu 28 Mar 2019 7:55 PM by tweedledumb99
Meandow wrote:
tweedledumb99 wrote:
kmark101 wrote:

This is a change that 95% affects the ppl who use it. Dont like it? Dont use it.

Id rather you didnt try to stop ppl who want this from getting it when it so minimally affects you.

This is like the parent who complains to the teacher cause her kids classmate has dyed hair.

That skald is taller, i'd better drink that hemlock and /delete all. /S.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 8:00 PM by Stoked
tweedledumb99 wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 7:55 PM
This is a change that 95% affects the ppl who use it. Dont like it? Dont use it.

Id rather you didnt try to stop ppl who want this from getting it when it so minimally affects you.

This is like the parent who complains to the teacher cause her kids classmate has dyed hair.

Could not have stated this better. Case closed.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 8:08 PM by Komaf
Pedro wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:59 PM
Komaf wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:55 PM

Probably focus groups will still happen. Unless bosses get a mechanic to confuse the pets to get off them, then they'll need actual tanks and dps.

That's a damned great idea sir but not just bosses, rather, all pve mobs. WOuld change the game COMPLETELY and the other 50% of the players would get to group regularly as well.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 8:17 PM by ashmir_daoc
These are all excellent ideas. I look forward to another method of farming feathers and farming (crafting!) rogs. Thank you for not messing up templates or introducing must-have items that will take players from rvr like live did with the whole jack frost & halloween instances.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 8:42 PM by Greenangel
Very nice update s.

Why not add a 8v8 dungeon and 1v1 dungeon instances in rvr with tasks so i don't have lisen to the elitist nerds complain about the realm war .

Maybe they can boost there ego's in there.

You seem lot more skilled and know what your doing compared to anthour freeshard on daoc
Thu 28 Mar 2019 9:04 PM by Sepplord
Sounds like an awesome Update overall. Something for the PvE crowd, with potential of endlose scaling over the new itemslot, respecc for the early upfuckers (like me) and another thing for the crafters to max.

Uthred wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 6:52 PM
Jewelcrafting: The crafter will not be able to determine the stats of the ROG. When crafting you will get an item which will have a certain quality. You will be able to trade this item. The person who uses this item will get a ROG which will have stats according to the class of the person using it. The quality of the item will determine the quality of the ROG. It will have Imbue points like a crafted item of the same level and quality.

Does that mean that these ROGs won't have utilities 80+/90+/100+?
So the system doesnt intend to be used to reroll great ROGs that dont fit your class, but is more like an alternative way to get average stuff for your class?
Thu 28 Mar 2019 9:55 PM by Keelia
Meandow wrote:
MaulsWP wrote:
Meandow wrote:

I’d love to see you level a melee class in a day.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 10:04 PM by recluse
Sounds awesome! I’d love to see more reskin options too, potentially unlocked as rewards from the new PVE content?

I’m glad there’s no new stats, but it gives already temped players something else to play for.

Also, it would be very cool if you could work in some encounters where stealth/assassins were actually useful, so we have a chance to get groups and experience it without having to reroll
Thu 28 Mar 2019 10:12 PM by Stoertebecker
Keelia wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 9:55 PM
Meandow wrote:
MaulsWP wrote:

I’d love to see you level a melee class in a day.

Leveled my Skald in 22h 42 min to 50, but not on 1 day. If you have the xp loot already and know where to go...no prob.
Thu 28 Mar 2019 10:27 PM by Puandro
What's stopping people for just making another focus pull group to farm the dungeon? Adding 1 or 2 mobs that can't be interrupted and can perma cast in pulls would be fine. They don't need to do a lot of damage. If they don't melee pets can't grab aggro with dmg shield and the mobs would jump on the healers interrupting them.
Fri 29 Mar 2019 1:11 AM by Hedien
In most of your posts, you usually state the goal : why are the dev doing this?
Trying to guesstimate - a lot of the population is a pve one and adding pve content keep this population and thus the life of the server. I am fine with this purpose overall.

- Overall : new things in daoc, keep people hooked. Good.
- A new pve goal : good.
- A new or recycled map : new content, good. Expansion times - hoping to see some toa dungeon down the road, Would be really cool and nostalgic.
- A new shiny mythirian pve bonus that increases over time. Good, keeps the grind alive.
- A new craft : Eh... not understanding this one, but new is good as it does not feel disruptive.

What could go wrong :
- Up to now, to get serious feather you had only one way: doing sidi which yielded 13K/ 2 hours.
- If you can get 10k/1hour, no real incentive to go through the tiresomeness of gathering 70+ peeps to clear a dungeon.
- Hence potentially reducing significantly player interactions for epic events. This I don't think is wise.

The part about having respec buyable with bp is nice. Finally another use for bp. I don't see any downside to this. Having 160k + bp, I was simply spaming for reskin. Now I can help my guildmate who want to respec and also sell those stones. More options, more interactions, more flexibility (qol) in gameplay.

Saturday.
Fri 29 Mar 2019 1:33 AM by dbeattie71
Meandow wrote:
MaulsWP wrote:
Meandow wrote:

Lol, really? I don’t look at their name, omg Bob, what the hell happened, you were a kobo yesterday.
Fri 29 Mar 2019 1:58 AM by Ebenezer
Meandow wrote:

Not at all. If people were to respec (which I suspect they won't bother, at least more than once), then you get the enjoyment of figuring out what this new group does. No different than if they changed their guild cloaks or whatever, and kind of like a new guild finally hitting the field. And if that's a problem, then memorize all the toon names, those won't be changing.

Personally, I don't remember a group for more than a day or two anyway, so if the green trolls from last night are pink kobolds tonight, I won't even notice.
Fri 29 Mar 2019 6:42 AM by Meandow
tweedledumb99 wrote:
Meandow wrote:
tweedledumb99 wrote:

Ah the good old "dont like it dont use it"...

*phoenix adds toa* -> "dont like it just dont use it"
*phoenix adds random shit that doesnt belong whatsoever* -> "dont like it? Just dont use it!1!!".

How is that an argument? Sigh.

As I said there is no price high enough unless it heavily reduces your realm points, zero or at least half is fine. Then you could still respec when you hit 50 and it doesnt affect you as much.

20k feathers is 2 hrs effort, in what world is that expensive?
Fri 29 Mar 2019 9:36 AM by Mac
Coll changes for the folks that mostly focus on PvE. I WILL use these features but I also encourage some improvements for the RvR focused players. How about New Frontiers?
Fri 29 Mar 2019 10:31 AM by Sepplord
Mac wrote:
Fri 29 Mar 2019 9:36 AM
Coll changes for the folks that mostly focus on PvE. I WILL use these features but I also encourage some improvements for the RvR focused players. How about New Frontiers?

can we please stop beating the NF horse?

They have stated multiple times that implementing NF(-keeps) would take approcimately 6month development after starting to work on it, and that there are no plans to currently do it (aka they haven't startet)
Fri 29 Mar 2019 11:56 AM by waffel
Meandow wrote:
Fri 29 Mar 2019 6:42 AM
tweedledumb99 wrote:
Meandow wrote:

You must be in Alb. Hib Galla takes at least 1.5hrs and the net is only 11-11k feathers.

Anyway, you’ll find a way to deal with race respects, I’m sure. Maybe you’ll realize it’s not worth getting worked up over.
Fri 29 Mar 2019 1:38 PM by tweedledumb99
Meandow wrote:
Fri 29 Mar 2019 6:42 AM
tweedledumb99 wrote:
Meandow wrote:

Ah the good old "dont like it dont use it"...

*phoenix adds toa* -> "dont like it just dont use it"
*phoenix adds random shit that doesnt belong whatsoever* -> "dont like it? Just dont use it!1!!".

How is that an argument? Sigh.

As I said there is no price high enough unless it heavily reduces your realm points, zero or at least half is fine. Then you could still respec when you hit 50 and it doesnt affect you as much.

ToA with ML's and artis affects everyone cause of necessary rvr abilities and best in slot gear.

None of the proposed changes do that.

You're comparing apples to automatic handguns.

Stop it.
Fri 29 Mar 2019 2:07 PM by Tenny
gruenesschaf wrote:
Thu 28 Mar 2019 5:24 PM
We do not intend to make everyone redo their template with this update and to that end there will be no new named items or even new stats introduced.

Thank you!!!
Fri 29 Mar 2019 5:54 PM by Gotmagi
Great stuff honestly, the jewelry crafting is very interesting

While I am not a big fan of race respecs I doubt many will need/use them.. since most of the ppl on the server made their class with the most "optimal" race.
I do however think that a race respec should be a 1-time deal while starting stat respecs should not be limited.

Amazed by how much work the phoenix staff er putting in honestly
Fri 29 Mar 2019 6:39 PM by Turtle006
Gotmagi wrote:
Fri 29 Mar 2019 5:54 PM
While I am not a big fan of race respecs I doubt many will need/use them.. since most of the ppl on the server made their class with the most "optimal" race.

Amazed by how much work the phoenix staff er putting in honestly

I like the race respecs, but this is a great point. Anyone (most) that RvRs seriously enough to be recognizable has already made the most optimal race for their class and won't be changing it anyway.
Fri 29 Mar 2019 7:02 PM by phixion
I'll be race respeccing if only to see a different dying animation when I get rolled by a zerg.
Fri 29 Mar 2019 10:07 PM by jg777
I like the race respec option and a great QoL addition by the staff in my opinion. Along with the stat respec, players might decide to experiment with different specs on different races which could be fun if only from time to time.

Thank you for your work Phoenix staff and look forward to future developments.
Fri 29 Mar 2019 10:57 PM by Campjr
Little off topic of the changes but close enough I guess, but...

Any chances of a one time class respec?
Fri 29 Mar 2019 11:51 PM by Sharky04
Hedien wrote:
Fri 29 Mar 2019 1:11 AM
- If you can get 10k/1hour, no real incentive to go through the tiresomeness of gathering 70+ peeps to clear a dungeon.
- Hence potentially reducing significantly player interactions for epic events. This I don't think is wise.

What Epic events? SI dungeons are the most boring thing ever. Half the people is afk, the other half is watching TV on the side.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 10:03 AM by Gloti
Campjr wrote:
Fri 29 Mar 2019 10:57 PM

Result: There will be no other classes in PVE 1-49 than Nekros, Anis and BDs and when they reach 50 they respecc. I hate this idea. ^^
Sat 30 Mar 2019 10:04 AM by Hejjin
I like the introduction of a challenging PvE dungeon, I like the introduction of the various respecs for race/starting points. However I believe that each should be entirely separate, I do not believe that respecs should require kill credit from the new challenging PvE dungeon. Too many people are only willing to be part of optimized groups and are only willing to group with certain classes, leaving those undesirable classes/specs to have a much more difficult path to get respecs.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 12:01 PM by Gambler
So a rog 60 utility item will after crafting still a rog 60 utility item just with other stats ?
Sat 30 Mar 2019 12:48 PM by Muradin
Campjr wrote:

If you want to kill pve on this server.....
Sat 30 Mar 2019 1:21 PM by Campjr
Gloti wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 10:03 AM
Campjr wrote:

Result: There will be no other classes in PVE 1-49 than Nekros, Anis and BDs and when they reach 50 they respecc. I hate this idea. ^^

Makes sense, for whatever reason that effect on pve didn’t cross my mind. What if it was a high amount BP requirement? Meaning you had to spend an equivalent amount of time to get r5 prior to respec?
Sat 30 Mar 2019 6:56 PM by SaintRon
Campjr wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 1:21 PM
Gloti wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 10:03 AM
Campjr wrote:

Makes sense, for whatever reason that effect on pve didn’t cross my mind. What if it was a high amount BP requirement? Meaning you had to spend an equivalent amount of time to get r5 prior to respec?

The idea is terrible to start with. Just stop.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 7:49 PM by Rom_1
Even if this sounds good, in my opinion this new area/features are coming too soon...

Remember you opened the server 2 months and a half ago. I know there is already plenty of lvl 50 and hrr, but keep in mind there is also a lot of casual players.

Maybe let people enjoy what they have before offering new custom things?
Sat 30 Mar 2019 8:33 PM by Horus
Race respec?! Of course right after I just finished leveling my 2nd Ranger to 50 just because celt is the money race instead of the gimped keen
Sat 30 Mar 2019 9:41 PM by waffel
Horus wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 8:33 PM
Race respec?! Of course right after I just finished leveling my 2nd Ranger to 50 just because celt is the money race instead of the gimped keen

Whoops, shoulda went Shar, it’s the master race for melee Rangers.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 9:48 PM by hend
Awesome ! Great features to help the future of the serv.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 10:07 PM by jhaerik
SaintRon wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 6:52 PM
Vados wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 6:24 PM
jhaerik wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 3:09 PM
Sigh....

And so it begins.

explain

He didn't get what he wanted so using his massive intellect he's deduced it's all over.

Well I signed up for SI. Never was fond of the feathers/rogs... and now we getting a bunch of cata stuff... and 8 man instances to run like the live campaign... which I hated.

It's so damn hard to pug anything rvr wise as is because between everyone running tg every day, legion, drag, or some other sort of farm group that there are never any healers about. I mean instances.... really.... Never liked them cause it's so damn anti MMO.
Sun 31 Mar 2019 7:31 AM by faliv
Great stuff. Only the race respec is too much i think. Kills a lot of the immersion and, more important, it will be potetnitally much harder to recognize well known enemy xy at the first view again.
Sun 31 Mar 2019 10:34 AM by asmo
yeah we want more pve.....oh wait.
Sun 31 Mar 2019 1:45 PM by Pao
good change, epic dungeons getting really boring after a while. Please make the pve encounter difficult.
Sun 31 Mar 2019 3:31 PM by Horus
waffel wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 9:41 PM
Horus wrote:

Well crap, why so? better starting stats? Guess maybe I will be using the race respec then
Sun 31 Mar 2019 3:42 PM by waffel
Horus wrote:
Sun 31 Mar 2019 3:31 PM
waffel wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 9:41 PM
Horus wrote:

Well crap, why so? better starting stats? Guess maybe I will be using the race respec then

Good read here: https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902&p=17905&#p17905
If you're interested.
Mon 1 Apr 2019 10:49 AM by Lev
kmark101 wrote:
i really don't like this. i get to know my enemies and allies in RvR, the longer you play the more of them you know just by looking at them.
the race is one important element in this.

and i guess some of the alb guild groups will go all britons all in black now.
this is kind of cool, if this is planned from scratch, not so much if you just can respec at high RR.
Mon 1 Apr 2019 4:23 PM by chryso
Lev wrote:
Mon 1 Apr 2019 10:49 AM
i get to know my enemies and allies in RvR, the longer you play the more of them you know just by looking at them.
the race is one important element in this.

This is exactly why I think this is good. You have to think and figure it out.
Mon 1 Apr 2019 9:49 PM by Ardri
I think the race respec should be limited to 1 or 2. Going to be silly seeing everyone race respec once a week.
Tue 2 Apr 2019 6:53 PM by hellcon
Although you said no new stats; but you also stated 'mythirian slot item that provides PvE bonuses '.

Does this open up the option for PVE only stats? How about omni-proc tinctures that only work in PvE, more crafting bonuses, low level PvE items (maybe more tinctures; items that grant more evade/parry/block but pve only, etc)
Tue 2 Apr 2019 8:06 PM by armath
Instead of allowing everyone to race respec every time they can get a respec stone, just give every character 1 race respec from the get go, so that you can change it just once.

There wouldn't ever be a need to change more than once, and then you wouldnt get the same effect of your known enemies changing appearence every week - like halloween event on Live servers...

It would become a mess.
Tue 2 Apr 2019 8:17 PM by chryso
I think the race respec is a fun and interesting idea. I don't understand why anyone would get worked up about it.

Thanks devs. I will be race respeccing hourly just to yank some chains.
Tue 2 Apr 2019 8:25 PM by Pirhana7
tweedledumb99 wrote:
Meandow wrote:
tweedledumb99 wrote:

I guess my problem with that is the use of time. There are some classes that need help and attention, So instead of doing any work to help archers survive in RVR they spent X amount of time working on a PVE system that was not needed in an RVR game and will continue spending time tweeking that system. There are a few other classes that need a little balance work done as well that should have come long before this PVE system.....

On top of that, do you know what would be better? Just remove every charge in the game and just stick with the potions, that would fix a lot of balance issues. Charges just make it into another TOA /use /timer game.
Wed 3 Apr 2019 2:54 AM by tweedledumb99
Pirhana7 wrote:
Tue 2 Apr 2019 8:25 PM
tweedledumb99 wrote:
Meandow wrote:

I guess my problem with that is the use of time. There are some classes that need help and attention, So instead of doing any work to help archers survive in RVR they spent X amount of time working on a PVE system that was not needed in an RVR game and will continue spending time tweeking that system. There are a few other classes that need a little balance work done as well that should have come long before this PVE system.....

On top of that, do you know what would be better? Just remove every charge in the game and just stick with the potions, that would fix a lot of balance issues. Charges just make it into another TOA /use /timer game.

1. I get the devs have limited time, so work on x means less on y, but A) many people want this kind of PvE/character stuff, so implying that it's not serving many people's wants/needs is flat out wrong and B) people's specific complaints about their classes (some more legit, some less) are always going to be an issue until the end of time - don't know how long you've been playing DAoC but there was never a low tideline for complaints about class balance, it's been a constant throughout.

2. I'm not opposed to removing all the charges in the game, but I don't hate them either, and none of them seem too overpowered to me. I've never lost a fight where I thought "golly, if only there were no charges this would have been more fair."
Wed 3 Apr 2019 7:02 AM by Pendalith
I love more content and look forward to potential new PvE challenges !!
Wed 3 Apr 2019 2:44 PM by Pirhana7
Pendalith wrote:
Wed 3 Apr 2019 7:02 AM

Same here, BUt after RVR and class balance are done first
Wed 3 Apr 2019 2:49 PM by Sepplord
Pirhana7 wrote:
Wed 3 Apr 2019 2:44 PM
Pendalith wrote:

RvR and classbalance isnt something that can be finished
Wed 3 Apr 2019 3:41 PM by kedelin
Pirhana7 wrote:
Pendalith wrote:

There will never be classbalance.... that is because it's all opinion based and play style based... only way would be delete all classes and make all 3 realms have exactly the same classes
Wed 3 Apr 2019 5:42 PM by SaintRon
kedelin wrote:
Wed 3 Apr 2019 3:41 PM
Pirhana7 wrote:
Pendalith wrote:

There will never be classbalance.... that is because it's all opinion based and play style based... only way would be delete all classes and make all 3 realms have exactly the same classes

Same class with 1 spec.
Wed 3 Apr 2019 5:49 PM by BisbyHoughton
Just wanted to poke my head in and see if there was an ETA on these changes yet? I know a half-ogre sorc eagerly awaiting this -_-
Thu 4 Apr 2019 4:12 AM by pumpkin
yea what he said ^^
Thu 4 Apr 2019 5:24 AM by gruenesschaf
Instance should be ready on friday, respecs a day or two later and jewel crafting around monday
Thu 4 Apr 2019 11:01 AM by Uthred
From Discord:

"we need for the final tests of the new instance one fg hibs and one fg albs. test will be done at around 7 pm cest (19.00 cest, in 6h 30mins from now) tonite. you need to be lvl 50, sced, and you should have about 2 hours time. setup should be solid for different kind of mob behaviour (2 healing classes, main cc class, fulltank(s) plus dmg/bubble/whatever). so gather 7 friends/realm mates and send me (Uthred) a DM on discord. first come, first serve. Sorry mids, but we already have a group from your realm. you will NOT get the new respeccs but 8k feathers per person if you make it to the end."

"2 of the 3 groups yesterday did not complete it and there will be a couple adjustments that will make it slightly harder in the next update / before todays test, so it's really not free loot and you can expect quite a few wipes"
Thu 4 Apr 2019 7:17 PM by pumpkin
awesomeeee!!! Any set price on those stones yet?
Thu 4 Apr 2019 7:33 PM by Uthred
On friday, at 4 pm CEST (in 18h 30mins from now) the instance will go live. You will get the credit and the possibility to buy the respecs (if you complete the instance). On Saturday or Sunday you will be able to use the respecs. Jewelcrafting will be in at the end of the weekend or on monday/tuesday.
Thu 4 Apr 2019 7:52 PM by cere2
So if I want a race respec on my ranger, what class do I need to level to 50 to get in such a group that can actually complete this so I can then get a race respec on ranger?
FML
Ranger LFG Instance <can pull!>
Thu 4 Apr 2019 8:32 PM by gruenesschaf
Based on the testing today I think it's worthwhile to track how much gold is spent on the healer per zone :p
Thu 4 Apr 2019 8:41 PM by kedelin
cere2 wrote:
Thu 4 Apr 2019 7:52 PM
So if I want a race respec on my ranger, what class do I need to level to 50 to get in such a group that can actually complete this so I can then get a race respec on ranger?
FML

None... just start the group yourself
Thu 4 Apr 2019 9:12 PM by Sepplord
cere2 wrote:
FML

If all you care about is a Single Race respect stone, just buy it from someone.
People will get encounter fast and then its an Item like every other too
Thu 4 Apr 2019 9:14 PM by Riac
Can never go wrong with a tank or healer
Fri 5 Apr 2019 9:04 AM by Uthred
Please read this for more infos: https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=51678#p51678
Fri 5 Apr 2019 9:35 AM by Rookie
Been waiting for this since it was first announced to race respec my Kobby skald. Looking at the challenge of dungeon and the 100k feather cost guess I just won't bother logging on. Nice way to screw casual players and take people away from RvR
Fri 5 Apr 2019 9:42 AM by Sepplord
Rookie wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 9:35 AM
Been waiting for this since it was first announced to race respec my Kobby skald. Looking at the challenge of dungeon and the 100k feather cost guess I just won't bother logging on. Nice way to screw casual players and take people away from RvR

making it cheap would simply allow people to willy nilly change their race. That isn't the goal
Racerespecc are an alternative to rerolling, the cost needs to compared to the effort of rerolling your char...and especially when taking into account achieved RR's, i think the cost isn't THAT high
seriously...what did you expect?

Imo the announcement sounds great, although a bit daunting.

@uthred
i understand that you won't give out dungeondetails, and that's fine. Players need to explore themselves. But could you give us a bit more information on the testing grps and why they didn't reach the end?

a) were all groups "perfect" setups? aka: 2 primary heals 2shieldtanks crossguarding bubbler + mainCC?

b) is there a timer that needs to be met to complete the dungeon and 6of10 failed? or did they simply give up/call it a day after wiping a few times?
Fri 5 Apr 2019 10:23 AM by Ceen
Rookie wrote:
This is so dumb, I can't see where the devs GMs and everyone else working on this project gets the motivation to cater this audience.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 10:40 AM by Afuldan
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 9:42 AM
Rookie wrote:

making it cheap would simply allow people to willy nilly change their race. That isn't the goal
Racerespecc are an alternative to rerolling, the cost needs to compared to the effort of rerolling your char...and especially when taking into account achieved RR's, i think the cost isn't THAT high
seriously...what did you expect?

Imo the announcement sounds great, although a bit daunting.

@uthred
i understand that you won't give out dungeondetails, and that's fine. Players need to explore themselves. But could you give us a bit more information on the testing grps and why they didn't reach the end?

a) were all groups "perfect" setups? aka: 2 primary heals 2shieldtanks crossguarding bubbler + mainCC?

b) is there a timer that needs to be met to complete the dungeon and 6of10 failed? or did they simply give up/call it a day after wiping a few times?

Bet ya three mugs of cold ale that the only groups to finish the instance were focus pulling, and thus the harsh nerf of focus shield of 50% damage nerf.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 10:52 AM by Sepplord
Afuldan wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 10:40 AM
Bet ya three mugs of cold ale that the only groups to finish the instance were focus pulling, and thus the harsh nerf of focus shield of 50% damage nerf.

why would they release an instance though that 0/10 testgrps would complete in the current patch-status?

and betting ale is blasphemy, shame on you
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:07 AM by Sepplord
what i meant was that if 4/10 did it with focus pulling, and that made them nerf focus pulling so that doesn't happen...then that would reduce it to 0/10 in the current patch. Which sounds weird to me, and overly pessimistic

can confirm, not a canadian though
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:54 AM by Mac
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 4 Apr 2019 9:12 PM
cere2 wrote:
FML

But a race respec cost 100K feathers so ~ 20Plat! IMO, it's much wiser to join a group and farm those feathers.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:57 AM by majky666
cere2 wrote:
FML

Probably will be easier reroll (if you are not high RR) than try do instance with unsure result and rewards or farm feather ad nausea.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 12:00 PM by Sepplord
Mac wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:54 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 4 Apr 2019 9:12 PM
cere2 wrote:
FML

But a race respec cost 100K feathers so ~ 20Plat! IMO, it's much wiser to join a group and farm those feathers.

The dude i was replying to wasn't asking about the better deal: farming feathers or buying from someone else.

He was asking which char to level, to then join a group to get credit, to then spend the 100k feathers

Imo, then it is much more reasonable to farm 20plats.
(it won't be only 20plats in hibernia though...maybe midgard...but also only after many people start offering them)

Depending on difficulty i wouldn't be too surprised to see offers to sell racerespecc for 40-50plat tonight...ofcourse rapidly dropping the more people get the encounter
Fri 5 Apr 2019 1:31 PM by waffel
I'm glad the PvE stuff is optional, and you can purchase the respecs with plat. I really have no interest in PvE content if all it adds is some ROG crap. Thankfully we have P1999 for interesting PvE content.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 1:33 PM by PingGuy
It feels a bit like adding the Lost Dungeons of Norrath expansion to Dark Age of Camelot. For me that's a good thing, I loved that expansion.

I think changes like these expose that the intent of the devs isn't just to make a better 1.65, but to make their vision of an MMO that is based on DAoC. I'm actually a bit excited to see what other unexpected additions are in the pipeline.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 4:08 PM by cere2
Too late, I just ended up starting a new ranger.
Wasn't high enough RR to waste 20 plats to race respec anyhow.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 4:34 PM by Halma
cere2 wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 4:08 PM
Too late, I just ended up starting a new ranger.
Wasn't high enough RR to waste 20 plats to race respec anyhow.

20? More like 35-40.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 8:30 AM by CronU
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:07 AM
what i meant was that if 4/10 did it with focus pulling, and that made them nerf focus pulling so that doesn't happen...then that would reduce it to 0/10 in the current patch. Which sounds weird to me, and overly pessimistic

Hello, just wanna give a quick answer here.
The top 2 current grps are both full tank grps.
1 Alb tank grp
1 Mid tank grp.

We were also 1 of the Testing grps on friday with a full tank setup (exept for 1 red pbt rm).
So you dont need focuspull in this new instance at all.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 8:33 AM by Sepplord
CronU wrote:
Sat 6 Apr 2019 8:30 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:07 AM

Hello, just wanna give a quick answer here.
The top 2 current grps are both full tank grps.
1 Alb tank grp
1 Mid tank grp.

We were also 1 of the Testing grps on friday with a full tank setup (exept for 1 red pbt rm).
So you dont need focuspull in this new instance at all.

Yeah, Thanks for confirming. Sounded very much like a conspiracy to me too
Sat 6 Apr 2019 7:21 PM by BisbyHoughton
WRT race respecs: once you have account credit, can you buy it w BPs on one toon and use account vault to give respec to another toon on the account?
Sat 6 Apr 2019 7:22 PM by BisbyHoughton
Plz dont make me farm 30k bps on this HO sorc lol
Sun 7 Apr 2019 8:50 AM by Ceen
BisbyHoughton wrote:
Sat 6 Apr 2019 7:22 PM
Haha I would like that as a small punishment
Mon 8 Apr 2019 10:59 PM by florin
can we get more info jewel crafting? should we be hoarding 100% rogs?
Mon 8 Apr 2019 11:19 PM by BisbyHoughton
Ceen wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 8:50 AM
BisbyHoughton wrote:
Sat 6 Apr 2019 7:22 PM
Haha I would like that as a small punishment

I tried casting mez on you in retaliation for this smart-ass comment but you were 5k units away by the time I got the cast off --_____--
Wed 10 Apr 2019 2:23 PM by phixion
Please allow gender change with appearance and race respec.
Sat 13 Apr 2019 10:25 AM by gruenesschaf
Just a nice trivia wrt the introduction of darkspire:

From march 20th until the opening of darkspire the daily healer cost across all realms was about 25 - 35 platin, on the 5th of april it was 140 platin and is now usually twice the before darkspire amount.
Sun 14 Apr 2019 10:19 AM by Cwtch
i think the jewelcraft idea is a bad one... for me this will take away massively the need to PVE (to find ROGS)

what id suggest was that any rogs you get ie: 80 Utility ... 100 Utility .. even 50 or 60 Utility..... Jewel Craft REMOVES the stats on the item and then you can re-imbue and SC that item but ONLY upto the Utility that was already on the item to start with.. so if you have a 100 util item u wipe stats and can sc upto max of 100 util... if a 50 util items max sc of 50 utility
Sun 14 Apr 2019 11:17 AM by Valaraukar
I believe that the stat respec should be free and just one for each character, because it should be used to correct any mistake made while creating the character. The change is very small because it is a 10/15% of the primary stat value, and it's not worth a great expense or an entire rate just to get it. The skill lines respec is much more important in game, and it is totally free up to level 50, so I cannot understand why an initial stat respec should be so much more expensive to get!

Personally I don't like very much PVE endgame because it distracts people from the very core of DAOC, that is Rvr, for me the greatest rewards should be given for RvR and not for PVE, or slowly it will become again like Wow! Anyway it is just my humble opinion, the Phoenix staff is making an awesome job for us, keep going!! 😁
Sun 14 Apr 2019 12:18 PM by chryso
Valaraukar wrote:
Sun 14 Apr 2019 11:17 AM
Personally I don't like very much PVE endgame because it distracts people from the very core of DAOC, that is Rvr, for me the greatest rewards should be given for RvR and not for PVE, or slowly it will become again like Wow! Anyway it is just my humble opinion, the Phoenix staff is making an awesome job for us, keep going!! 😁

So you dislike PVE so much that you don't even want to allow other people to PVE.
Sun 14 Apr 2019 3:22 PM by waffel
Every item reward in DAoC is from PvE.

RvR on Phoenix gives no rewards other than realm ranks for RAs and + to skills.

Just something you have to accept. If you want equipment, cash, respec stones, reskins, basically anything: it all comes from PvE.

Feather and bounty point rewards form RvR come so slowly they might as well not even exist.
Sun 14 Apr 2019 3:24 PM by Connavar
Feathers come quite fast in rvr but only when you attack keeps with defenders inside or defend keeps. Since 99% of the players prefer to raid empty keeps and don't defend attacked keeps you won't get feathers.
Sun 14 Apr 2019 3:30 PM by waffel
Connavar wrote:
Sun 14 Apr 2019 3:24 PM
Feathers come quite fast in rvr but only when you attack keeps with defenders inside or defend keeps. Since 99% of the players prefer to raid empty keeps you won't get feathers.

And attacking empty keeps is just more PvE
Sun 14 Apr 2019 4:40 PM by Connavar
Right and it seems that is what many people want. It's sad.
Sun 14 Apr 2019 5:09 PM by Patron
Siegeplay in OF sukzzz
Dont blame players for that.
And in open field you can do much quicker rps
Mon 15 Apr 2019 8:48 AM by Sepplord
Cwtch wrote:
Sun 14 Apr 2019 10:19 AM
i think the jewelcraft idea is a bad one... for me this will take away massively the need to PVE (to find ROGS)

what id suggest was that any rogs you get ie: 80 Utility ... 100 Utility .. even 50 or 60 Utility..... Jewel Craft REMOVES the stats on the item and then you can re-imbue and SC that item but ONLY upto the Utility that was already on the item to start with.. so if you have a 100 util item u wipe stats and can sc upto max of 100 util... if a 50 util items max sc of 50 utility

that would reduce the amount of farming needed even more...currentyl you have to burn thorugh loads of gold praying for rngjeesus to give you something decent...

with your suggestion all one would ever need is a couple of high-UT rogs, that can simply be re-crafted into the perfect fit? Oo
Mon 15 Apr 2019 8:52 AM by Sepplord
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 13 Apr 2019 10:25 AM
Just a nice trivia wrt the introduction of darkspire:

From march 20th until the opening of darkspire the daily healer cost across all realms was about 25 - 35 platin, on the 5th of april it was 140 platin and is now usually twice the before darkspire amount.

always love to hear statistics like that, Please feed us more of those gems.

would you also tell us how many people managed to get an endboss-kill yet? Or do you want to keep that information hidden for now, so people don't use it as basis for whines?
Mon 15 Apr 2019 2:34 PM by Sharky04
Connavar wrote:
Sun 14 Apr 2019 4:40 PM
Right and it seems that is what many people want. It's sad.

No, people don't want that. But it gives feathers and is better than doing SI dungeons. A little less boring.

The big problem with keeps is TWF and Negative Maelstrom. The side which has more of these ready will win. There is no point of defending a keep if the attackers have 4 TWF and 4 Maelstroms ready, which mids already do with 2 FG. You get trapped in lords room and die. The healers/druids/clerics in your group cannot handle healing for more than 30 sec of WTF and NM stacking. Random groups will usually die within 10 seconds.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 10:23 AM by Valaraukar
chryso wrote:
Sun 14 Apr 2019 12:18 PM
Valaraukar wrote:
Sun 14 Apr 2019 11:17 AM

So you dislike PVE so much that you don't even want to allow other people to PVE.

Where did I write that? My English may be not so good but I think that you misunderstood, or you are just trolling. In this case please go troll elsewhere. I've just said that anything that distract people from rvr is not good for Daoc because RvR is the core, not PVE farming for loots and gears, that is world of warcraft and I totally dislike it, so if it will become so I'll just leave the server and thank for all the fish.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 10:56 AM by Sharky04
Connavar wrote:
Sun 14 Apr 2019 3:24 PM
Feathers come quite fast in rvr but only when you attack keeps with defenders inside or defend keeps. Since 99% of the players prefer to raid empty keeps and don't defend attacked keeps you won't get feathers.

Remove overpowered GTAE Ras like TWF from the game, and people will start raiding defended keeps, and will be also willing to defend keeps. By now the side with more TWF and Negative Maelstrom users will win every keep fight.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Planned Changes or the latest topics