Caravans, Milegates, Keeplords & Leaving your portal keep

Started 31 Jan 2019
by Uthred
in Planned Changes
These changes which will be in from now:

Caravans:

Keeps will now need 4 times more caravans to upgrade per keeplevel. If you kill one caravan it will lower the caravan points per keep by 4 times.

Milegates:

No shroom zones have been placed in some areas where it's easily possible to hide shrooms in structures and where shrooms are not attackable.

Keeplords:

The Hitpoints of all Keeplords have been reduced by 50%.

Leaving your portal keep:

After you got killed and release back to your portal keep, you wont be able to leave the portal keep area for 180 secs after release. You will always get ported back to the healer in the portal keep. This has no effect if you are in your homelands. Example: In emain only mids & albs cant leave the portal keep for 180 secs. Hibs will always be able to leave Druim Ligen directly after release. You can use the porter to port back to your homeland.

We did this change to remove people from running straight to the mg fights again and again and not being worth anything by the time they arrive. Especially when a relic is in transit it was very helpful for the attacking realm to be back in now time.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 5:43 PM by defiasbandit
3 minute timer will kill RvR. Remove the timer. Players will leave by the hundreds.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 5:47 PM by zenai
"Players will leave by the hundreds" hahahahaha

this isn't gonna make or break for anyone... smh

"why did you leave phoenix"
"the 3 min portal timer really pissed me off"

edited to add:
im really more worried about the excuses for more smoke breaks this creates lol
Thu 31 Jan 2019 5:48 PM by Xenosapien
Alb should have no timer
Thu 31 Jan 2019 5:50 PM by Sepplord
Heavily agree with Defias on this one, 3minute forced wait after death will make dieing in RvR even worse and kill the will of people to keep going into RvR even more

i understand why it is a problem during relic raids, maybe have the timer only in effect when a relic is on the move

If the "no worth"-problem is a big part of the decision then maybe shorten the timer for people to be worth RP again
Thu 31 Jan 2019 5:51 PM by Saerol
defiasbandit wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 5:43 PM
3 minute timer will kill RvR. Remove the timer. Players will leave by the hundreds.

Anyone who leaves over this clearly never sat waiting to port back after dying and then finding one of their group members forgot to equip the port necklace.

Let them go.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 5:52 PM by Jerrian
defiasbandit wrote:

Remove the timer and make player worth rps earlier I would say. I see no real benefit of this timer , only some uneeded timesink, in fact it ´s something like an emulated port/or sickness timer.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 5:52 PM by Paraa
pls remove or reduce the 3 min timer , i run out for 1 min an afk for 3 mins, not funny
Thu 31 Jan 2019 5:53 PM by Lock
Think of another way to solve the problem - this is not it...…….
Thu 31 Jan 2019 5:55 PM by Turtle006
Even just getting a whole group released, regrouped and rebuffed will take most of the timer. Hell, I doubt my wife beat the 3 minutes often when we were just a duo lol. (She is better than me at the game, but I regroup faster)
Thu 31 Jan 2019 5:56 PM by Spewy
3minutes is way too long if you want to use a timer.

1minutes should be the MAXIMUM.

Think about stealther and solo ? we dont want to wait 3minutes at PK....
Thu 31 Jan 2019 5:57 PM by Sepplord
Saerol wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 5:51 PM
defiasbandit wrote:

Anyone who leaves over this clearly never sat waiting to port back after dying and then finding one of their group members forgot to equip the port necklace.

Let them go.

what a [edit - Language] argument.

If all speedway would get a new speedlimit at 10kmh, would saying: "anyone complaining now probably never had to travel by foot for several weeks like in the earlier days" make sense?

No one leeaves specifically because of a minor thing like that. But when people can decide on a last run for the night, and now that includes AFKing for another 3minutes then a good portion will log earlier. Noone will log later because of this though.

And when you get farmed after being in the zone for 3minutes, and then having to wait 3minutes lets you wait 50% of your playtime.

If all noobs quit the game.....who will you farm then?
Thu 31 Jan 2019 5:59 PM by Pbuck
Not a fan of this change. Please considerto only have it in effect if a player has rezz sickness or if a relic has been removed from its place.Otherwise its an added delay for really no reason at all.All changes so far has been great for a fast paced game and fast rvr action, but this change seems like the first big slap in the face. I personally do NOT want to add 3 minutes of waiting , every time I die. Wasnt that the reason you removed portal ritual in the first place??

Please consider how bad this is for soloers ( like me) and /or smallmen. One example : I buff up, move out of apk odins. Go to milegate. If im not unlucky, a random group wont spot me and I can go through . If im unlucky, a group spots me, kills me, then I wait 3 minutes at apk . If im particularly unlucky, this can happen several times in a row, 3 minutes turn into 6 etc etc. You see the problem here, it KILLS visible /non speed 6 solo, long run, because it turns it into a frustrating, unfun experience due to the pointless delay. Then you have less soloers-->less targets for enemies to kill for smallmen and fgs. Less action for everyone. I understand what you are trying to do, but there is a better/more elegant way to implement it! Keep your server good, its the best daoc server ive played in and I personally,want it to stay this way!.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:00 PM by Spewy
its the worst feature ever.

Just die solo and now have to wait 3 minutes before going back.

Super nice idea guys.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:00 PM by Sepplord
Turtle006 wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 5:55 PM
Even just getting a whole group released, regrouped and rebuffed will take most of the timer. Hell, I doubt my wife beat the 3 minutes often when we were just a duo lol. (She is better than me at the game, but I regroup faster)

I agree that it isn't a HUGE issue for fullgrps, esspecially since fullgrps are also on the run longer

this change royally [edit - Language] solos and smallmen though.

Going in again after being farmed befoire your milegate is painfull already, if i have to wait 3mins more for every death, then that is a problem that will not lead to people outright quitting but some will definitely log early for the night instead of running one more time
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:00 PM by zenai
no 8man can get out of that mpk before 2 min more often than not ... buffs, recharges, bio, watch fight on stream. everyone chill, lol
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:01 PM by Schett
This timer really sucks for non stealth and non speed classes like me trying to solo on Thane.

I'm constantly being zerged by fg's/zergs. Because I don't have the speed to run away from them.

Guess I'm forced to only duo with a skald now…..
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:03 PM by Arthur Dayne
Jesus Christ people the level of alarmist [edit - Language] in here is absolutely hilarious. It's 3 [edit - Language] minutes. Most groups can't even regroup and rebuff in 3 minutes. It just keeps solos from endlessly pouring from the PK to the MG worth no RPs.

Quit crying..
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:04 PM by Spewy
think about SOLO - why we should wait? I dont understand?
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:05 PM by Schett
Arthur Dayne wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:03 PM
Jesus Christ people the level of alarmist [edit - Language] in here is absolutely hilarious. It's 3 [edit - Language] minutes. Most groups can't even regroup and rebuff in 3 minutes. It just keeps solos from endlessly pouring from the PK to the MG worth no RPs.

Quit crying..

Have you ever tried to solo on this server without speed or stealth?
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:07 PM by defiasbandit
Remove the timer. Make it so that killing 1 caravan lowers a keep level.

Casuals, solos, small mans will leave the server and quit RvR if this is not removed. How can the developers be so out of touch?
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:07 PM by zenai
lol schett.. you really need to rethink the logic here... the 3 min timer is NOT your problem.. i can name about 3 other things that IS.....
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:11 PM by Schett
zenai wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:07 PM
lol schett.. you really need to rethink the logic here... the 3 min timer is NOT your problem.. i can name about 3 other things that IS.....

Please tell me the 3 other problems.

Have you ever been solo in rvr without speed and stealth?
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:13 PM by suicide19
3 minute timer is a really poor decision. Trying to keep a 18 year old game relevant to a new genration of multitasking gamers, (much shorter attention spans) and you want to give them a 3 minute time-out where they sit in a PK? That's insane. Could you imagine in any other real-time-combat game where you have to sit for 3 minutes!! of a Video game. Has gotta be the Longest penalty ever enacted for a death in a game besides Diablo Hardcore and of course Fortnite.

What are we trying to accomplish here.

This community is so active, the population is incredible, why 'mess' with that over such an arbitrary unwanted change, that NO ONE was asking for.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:16 PM by defiasbandit
Wait 3 minute in the fountain in Dota 2.
Wait 3 minutes in the graveyard in Arathi Basin
Wait 3 minutes in the spawn room in Overwatch

Can you imagine?
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:18 PM by zenai
Yes, schett i run out on my healer solo...

1. thane solo (just like any visi solo) - problem
2. dieing over and over cus... solo ... visi... slow
3. thinking a skald is going to shorten the 3 min timer... if DIEING is your problem... switching to skald would be the logical solution over thane... 3 min timer or not .. your problem is still a problem on a thane who dies a lot. In fact... the 3 min timer would allow you to die LESS ...
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:20 PM by defiasbandit
This is the dumbest change I have seen on this server. How can the developers think this is a good idea?
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:23 PM by Schett
zenai wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:18 PM
Yes, schett i run out on my healer solo...

1. thane solo (just like any visi solo) - problem
2. dieing over and over cus... solo ... visi... slow
3. thinking a skald is going to shorten the 3 min timer... if DIEING is your problem... switching to skald would be the logical solution over thane... 3 min timer or not .. your problem is still a problem on a thane who dies a lot. In fact... the 3 min timer would allow you to die LESS ...

And I would not compare running solo on healer and solo on Thane being the same thing, you will be solo running with the mid zerg. While Thane will be trying to get 1v1's.
You have 0 solo kills on Herald which proves my Point

Well that's the Point, with a skald I would be able to avoid Groups and zergs that just kill visi solo's.
I had no problem with that without the 3min timer it's just part of the game and nothing I can do to prevent dying except being in dead zones.
But now there's 0 Point trying to roam solo where there is fg's. Because I would have to spend so many minutes waiting in PK.

And no I'm not going to reroll Skald, since I enjoy playing Thane
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:27 PM by Prometheus
I can kind of understand the logic behind the portal keep change but as it has been said before if people not being worth realm points is an issue then allow us to be worth realm points sooner or once rez sickness has faded, this just seems like a bizarre mechanic to force people not to be able to leave their portal keeps to head out to RvR, I can see more problems this will cause for instance when you are trying to meet up for a time-sensitive defense/attack/task where being delayed 3 minutes may give the enemies who are already out there even more time to prepare and ambush you.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:28 PM by defiasbandit
This is outrageous. It's unfair.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:30 PM by Arthur Dayne
Prometheus wrote: I can kind of understand the logic behind the portal keep change but as it has been said before if people not being worth realm points is an issue then allow us to be worth realm points sooner or once rez sickness has faded, this just seems like a bizarre mechanic to force people not to be able to leave their portal keeps to head out to RvR, I can see more problems this will cause for instance when you are trying to meet up for a time-sensitive defense/attack/task where being delayed 3 minutes may give the enemies who are already out there even more time to prepare and ambush you.

That's the point, it favors the defending realm so the attacking realm can't keep pouring out of their PK. If you're fighting in your homeland you don't have the wait. It's really not that serious and the "Sky is falling" act from the solo players is pathetic. lol
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:31 PM by Arthur Dayne
Schett wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:05 PM
Arthur Dayne wrote:
Jesus Christ people the level of alarmist bullshit in here is absolutely hilarious. It's 3 fucking minutes. Most groups can't even regroup and rebuff in 3 minutes. It just keeps solos from endlessly pouring from the PK to the MG worth no RPs.

Quit crying..

No because it's not a soloing game, it's built around large scale combat. If you want to solo in a large scale combat game that's your business.

If your not a stealther, skald or minstrel what are you doing soloing? The one guy soloing as a thane, who told you that was a good idea? lol
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:34 PM by Schett
Arthur Dayne wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:31 PM
Schett wrote:
Arthur Dayne wrote:
Jesus Christ people the level of alarmist bullshit in here is absolutely hilarious. It's 3 fucking minutes. Most groups can't even regroup and rebuff in 3 minutes. It just keeps solos from endlessly pouring from the PK to the MG worth no RPs.

Quit crying..

No because it's not a soloing game, it's built around large scale combat. If you want to solo in a large scale combat game that's your business.

If your not a stealther, skald or minstrel what are you doing soloing? The one guy soloing as a thane, who told you that was a good idea? lol

Well that's why I started to play on this server, I Heard about the Thane Changes and I used to solo mostly on live as Thane with tons of fun.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:38 PM by defiasbandit
Schett wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:34 PM
Arthur Dayne wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:31 PM
Schett wrote:

Well that's why I started to play on this server, I Heard about the Thane Changes and I used to solo mostly on live as Thane with tons of fun.

Uppland is where the solo action is at. Remove the timer.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:40 PM by Menfany
seriously.. the 3min timer is absolutly BS.

Who is complaining about people not worth RP after the y got killed?
Right.
People who camp chokepoints and the "dying realm" isnt able to break through.
So the camper have to move and give the victims time to "get worthy"... perfect.. means no endless camps or farming at TKs.

And for the Relic Raid... where is the problem people are not worth RP? Relic Raids is around Relics.. not RP.
And no reason to have 3min timer for this.

Seriously.. the is NO REASON to set such a timer.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:49 PM by defiasbandit
Menfany wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:40 PM

Right.
So the camper have to move and give the victims time to "get worthy"... perfect.. means no endless camps or farming at TKs.

Exactly this makes the camping milegates even worse. Players should be encouraged to fight away from the milegates and not camp them. Many players can not even reach the Keep tasks, and now we have this ridiculous change.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:55 PM by Arthur Dayne
defiasbandit wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:49 PM
Menfany wrote:

Right.

Exactly this makes the camping milegates even worse. Players should be encouraged to fight away from the milegates and not camp them. Many players can not even reach the Keep tasks, and now we have this ridiculous change.

Stop running solo to the keep tasks without speed or stealth when there are groups patrolling.

/insert mindblown.gif
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:02 PM by Menfany
Arthur Dayne wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 6:55 PM
defiasbandit wrote:
Menfany wrote:

Right.

Stop running solo to the keep tasks.

/insert mindblown.gif
Why?
If there is no group or i just dont want to... YOU wanna force me to group before i have the right to RVR?
Its not YOUR choice.. ITS MY!

And if you complain about people not worth RP... maybe you have to change your strategy where to roam and fight.
If you wanna have guaranted RP.. you maybe should NOT play between milegates and TK.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:07 PM by defiasbandit
Arthur Dayne wrote:
defiasbandit wrote:
Menfany wrote:

Right.

Stop running solo to the keep tasks without speed or stealth when there are groups patrolling.

/insert mindblown.gif
Oh so dont play if you are a casual.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:08 PM by Sepplord
Arthur Dayne wrote:

/insert mindblown.gif

So why didnt the people who farm at the portkeeps not just stop doing that if they were upset to get no RPS
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:13 PM by Tree
Paraa wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 5:52 PM
pls remove or reduce the 3 min timer , i run out for 1 min an afk for 3 mins, not funny

Omg l2p.

The feedback in this thread is hilarious

Good changes imho, except the shroom stuff. But staff seems to have it really in for animists. Sad.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:15 PM by Arthur Dayne
defiasbandit wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:07 PM
Arthur Dayne wrote:
defiasbandit wrote:

/insert mindblown.gif

Solo is "casual" play? Pugging and joining the RvR BG is casual play. Trying to take on the world solo isn't a casual playstyle lol
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:18 PM by defiasbandit
Arthur Dayne wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:15 PM
defiasbandit wrote:
Arthur Dayne wrote:

/insert mindblown.gif

Solo is "casual" play? Pugging and joining the RvR BG is casual play. Trying to take on the world solo isn't a casual playstyle lol

Casuals want fast action. They dont want to wait 3 minutes after they died just to run out again. How can you not comprehend this. This will kill RvR. There are so many solutions to the problems with RvR on this server, yet we get this change instead.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:19 PM by Ashenspire
Menfany wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:02 PM
Arthur Dayne wrote:
defiasbandit wrote:

/insert mindblown.gif
Why?
If there is no group or i just dont want to... YOU wanna force me to group before i have the right to RVR?

And if you complain about people not worth RP... maybe you have to change your strategy where to roam and fight.
If you wanna have guaranted RP.. you maybe should NOT play between milegates and TK.

It's 100% your choice to solo. And if you keep getting rolled or unable to get through a milegate because you don't want to group up, you have no one to blame but yourself. But hey, you made your choice and it's your $15 a month, so you do you.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:20 PM by Menfany
Arthur Dayne wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:15 PM
defiasbandit wrote:
Arthur Dayne wrote:

/insert mindblown.gif

You not seem to get it.. this 3min timer WONT CHANGE THIS PLAYSTYLE.. it just delays it by 3min for the "solo player"..
If player wanna move out solo... they do.

And if people want to kill players worth any RP.. just stay away from the TK.
Easy solution.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:23 PM by defiasbandit
Many players running to the task are trying to get credit. If they die and have to wait 3 minutes they are less inclined to keep heading out. This change just makes players less willing to RvR.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:26 PM by Menfany
Ashenspire wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:19 PM
Menfany wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:02 PM
Arthur Dayne wrote:

/insert mindblown.gif
Why?

It's 100% your choice to solo. And if you keep getting rolled or unable to get through a milegate because you don't want to group up, you have no one to blame but yourself. But hey, you made your choice and it's your $15 a month, so you do you.

1. why there have to be an "warranty" people HAVE to be worth RP?
2. IF you complain about people not worth RP.. why not moving away from the TK?
3. why you wanna force player to play different?
4. you seriously pay money to play on phoenix?
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:29 PM by Arthur Dayne
defiasbandit wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:23 PM
Many players running to the task are trying to get credit. If they die and have to wait 3 minutes they are less inclined to keep heading out. This change just makes players less willing to RvR.

The handful of ya'll who think you can solo RvR without stealth or speed in a zone occupied by zergs and 8mans don't outweigh the benefit to the game of preventing people from continually streaming to the milegate worth no RPs and to the detriment of the defending realm. Period. If all 8 of you quit, no one will care. lol

Or go solo in your home frontier and you can run to the milegate solo and die over and over again without any wait time.

You can play however you want but not every macro decision is going to be catered to your micro playstyle.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:32 PM by defiasbandit
Arthur Dayne wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:29 PM
defiasbandit wrote:

The handful of ya'll who think you can solo RvR without stealth or speed in a zone occupied by zergs and 8mans don't outweigh the benefit to the game of preventing people from continually streaming to the milegate worth no RPs and to the detriment of the defending realm. Period. If all 8 of you quit, no one will care. lol

Or go solo in your home frontier and you can run to the milegate solo and die over and over again without any wait time.

You can play however you want but not every macro decision is going to be catered to your micro playstyle.

Its 2019. Players dont want to wait 3 minutes after they respawn so they can PvP. Get a clue. There are a million ways to fix this supposed no rp kill issue. You are clueless.

The frontiers will only be filled with 8man groups as the server population tanks.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:34 PM by jg777
There’s no need to be alarmist over a change like this and acting like this will instantly kill RvR. Having a calm discussion and using polls and data to back up protest to the change would be more meaningful. I think somewhere a better solution could be created, but let’s get data and experienced feedback on this for a few days at least. Understandably solo players suffer most from this change, and 3 minutes may be a little steep as an initial change as well. I’d favor a poll going up in a couple days and more feedback on this forum. I agree with the argument that if players being worth no realm points and dying again and relic mobbing are the reason for the change, a more sensitive solution could be applied than this.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:36 PM by Arthur Dayne
defiasbandit wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:32 PM
Arthur Dayne wrote:
defiasbandit wrote:

Its 2019. Players dont want to wait 3 minutes after they respawn so they can PvP. Get a clue. There are a million ways to fix this supposed no rp kill issue. You are clueless.

The frontiers will only be filled with 8man groups as the server population tanks.

LOL your so alarmist and ridiculous.

The population isn't going to tank because the solo Thanes have to wait 3 minutes. Quit crying.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:43 PM by Menfany
Arthur Dayne wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:36 PM
defiasbandit wrote:
Arthur Dayne wrote:

The population isn't going to tank because the solo Thanes have to wait 3 minutes. Quit crying.

Seriously.. what was the reason for this change?
Right. Player CRYING about not getting RP.

So who started the crying?
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:50 PM by Arthur Dayne
Menfany wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:43 PM
Arthur Dayne wrote:
defiasbandit wrote:

The issue isn't just people not being worth rps. It's also about them pouring out of the PK continually to the detriment of the defending realm. This fixes that problem. Don't die so much, fight in your own frontier, or just wait the 3 fucking minutes. It's pretty simple.

And if you're trying to run solo to the realm task over and over and keep dying that's your own fault. Join a group or at least follow a group to get there safely. And you're not entitled to partake of every realm task. You have to use skill and tactics to get there and execute it. Dying over and over until you make it to the zone to leech credit isn't skill or tactics and if you don't get your free RPs then good.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:53 PM by Runental
Good change.
Fighting enemy's in front or next to their PK where zerging idiots instantly respawn and roll over your FG without any RP flag is always disappointing.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:00 PM by chryso
This sounds reasonable to me. It isn't fair for the home realm to have to run back through 3 zones to defend after dying when the attacking realm can get back much faster.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:03 PM by Menfany
Arthur Dayne wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:50 PM
Menfany wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:43 PM
Arthur Dayne wrote:

The issue isn't just people not being worth rps. It's also about them pouring out of the PK continually to the detriment of the defending realm. This fixes that problem. Don't die so much, fight in your own frontier, or just wait the 3 fucking minutes. It's pretty simple.

And if you're trying to run solo to the realm task over and over and keep dying that's your own fault. Join a group or at least follow a group to get there safely. And you're not entitled to partake of every realm task. You have to use skill and tactics to get there and execute it. Dying over and over until you make it to the zone to leech credit isn't skill or tactics and if you don't get your free RPs then good.

1. Explain how is this a "detriment" for the defending realm?
2. Again.. this 3min Timer DOESNT CHANGE ANYTHING on HOW people run out of the TK... it just DELAY them. That it.
3. Why you have to FAVOR the camping groups?

Seriously... WHO is complaining about people not worth RP?
Mostly groups who CAMP the area between TK and MG...
And if you have a closer look WHICH player are not worth RP.. probably THE PLAYERS ALREADY GOT KILLED by this groups.
So whats the problem? They GOT THE RP...
So why forcing player to wait just because some guys cant get enough?
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:04 PM by Menfany
chryso wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:00 PM
This sounds reasonable to me. It isn't fair for the home realm to have to run back through 3 zones to defend after dying when the attacking realm can get back much faster.
Its fair because EVERY REALM DEFENDS.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:07 PM by Menfany
Runental wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:53 PM
Good change.
Fighting enemy's in front or next to their PK where zerging idiots instantly respawn and roll over your FG without any RP flag is always disappointing.

Who is the idiot? the one who is camping TKs or the one who just wanna have RVR and run out again after he died?
IF your FG complaining about not getting RP... probably for guys you killed seconds before so YOU GOT THE RP ALREADY... MOVE AWAY FROM TKS!
Easy solution.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:20 PM by Runental
Menfany wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:07 PM
Runental wrote:
Good change.

Who is the idiot? the one who is camping TKs or the one who just wanna have RVR and run out again after he died?
IF your FG complaining about not getting RP... probably for guys you killed seconds before so YOU GOT THE RP ALREADY... MOVE AWAY FROM TKS!
Easy solution.

You have no idea.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:23 PM by Menfany
Runental wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:20 PM
Menfany wrote:
Runental wrote:
Good change.

Easy solution.

You have no idea.

Can you explain your opinion... or just trolling?
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:25 PM by Arthur Dayne
Menfany wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:23 PM
Runental wrote:
Menfany wrote:
Easy solution.

You have no idea.

I think he's implying that the idiot is the one rapidly [edit - Language] about a 3 minute timer. lmao
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:29 PM by Runental
Dude I don't have the time to argue with you about game mechanics all the time.
If you don't see the advantages for the PK realm against the enemy where they can engage a fight between MG and PK over and over again due no /rel sickness I'm sorry for you if you don't see the possibilities.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:30 PM by defiasbandit
Menfany is right. This change will make it easier for dominating realms to camp outside Player keeps and at milegates. Hibernia and Midgard will make it even more hellish for Albion to get through AMG. RvR should be across all frontiers, not sequestered to the task zone milegate of the weakest realm.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:31 PM by defiasbandit
Runental wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:29 PM
Dude I don't have the time to argue with you about game mechanics all the time.
If you don't see the advantages for the PK realm against the enemy where they can engage a fight between MG and PK over and over again due no /rel sickness I'm sorry for you if you don't see the possibilities.

The issue is that the dominating realms just gang up and camp outside of APK. That is bad for RvR. Forcing players to wait 3 minutes to respawn is a terrible idea and a discouraging one.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:32 PM by Dellius
dumbest idea ever.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:32 PM by Arthur Dayne
defiasbandit wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:30 PM
Menfany is right. This change will make it easier for dominating realms to camp outside Player keeps and at milegates. Hibernia and Midgard will make it even more hellish for Albion to get through AMG. RvR should be across all frontiers, not sequestered to the task zone milegate of the weakest realm.

Population is more or less evenly split between the 3 realms. Its not Hibgard's fault that Albs wont work together.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:35 PM by defiasbandit
Arthur Dayne wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:32 PM
defiasbandit wrote:

Population is more or less evenly split between the 3 realms. Its not Hibgard's fault that Albs wont work together.

It is not Albion's fault that leveling, templating, raiding, RvR grouping, etc.. is easier on Hibernia. Hibernia is pure cheese with overtuned easy to play classes. There is a reason almost every 8man from beta rolled Hib.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:35 PM by BisbyHoughton
Yall bringing that Big Mad Energy today.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:36 PM by Menfany
Arthur Dayne wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:25 PM
Menfany wrote:
Runental wrote:
You have no idea.

I think he's implying that the idiot is the one rapidly shitposting about a 3 minute timer. lmao

Ok.. lets be serious.

Tell me one reason why to implement such timer... and i give you a solution which not force player to wait for 3min inside their TK.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:40 PM by Arthur Dayne
Menfany wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:36 PM
Arthur Dayne wrote:
Menfany wrote:

I think he's implying that the idiot is the one rapidly shitposting about a 3 minute timer. lmao

Ok.. lets be serious.

Tell me one reason why to implement such timer... and i give you a solution which not force player to wait for 3min inside their TK.

To prevent a constant stream of people dying, rezzing, and running back out of the PK.

The reason for the timer per the devs. This wasn't just a random implementation, there's a purpose and a problem and this is the solution.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:41 PM by Arthur Dayne
defiasbandit wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:35 PM
Arthur Dayne wrote:
defiasbandit wrote:

It is not Albion's fault that leveling, templating, raiding, RvR grouping, etc.. is easier on Hibernia. Hibernia is pure cheese with overtuned easy to play classes. There is a reason almost every 8man from beta rolled Hib.

Or it could be that you guys don't work together, at all. You have a selfish individualistic attitude which is contrary to the nature of Realm vs Realm dynamics and you treat the game like Fortnite instead of the game it is.

But keep blaming your [edit - Language] attitude and lack of cooperation on the other realm's classes because that's productive and will totally resolve the issue.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:47 PM by defiasbandit
Arthur Dayne wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:41 PM
defiasbandit wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:35 PM
Arthur Dayne wrote:

Or it could be that you guys don't work together, at all. You have a selfish individualistic attitude which is contrary to the nature of Realm vs Realm dynamics and you treat the game like Fortnite instead of the game it is.

But keep blaming your shitty attitude and lack of cooperation on the other realm's classes because that's productive and will totally resolve the issue.

3 minute respawn timer in 2019 lol.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:48 PM by Menfany
Arthur Dayne wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:40 PM
Menfany wrote:
Arthur Dayne wrote:

Ok.. lets be serious.

To prevent a constant stream of people dying, rezzing, and running back out of the PK.

The reason for the timer per the devs. This wasn't just a random implementation, there's a purpose and a problem and this is the solution.

"To prevent a constant stream of people dying, rezzing and running back out of the PK"
What is so hard to realize that this wont change anything but.. all this happens with 3min delay?

If 300 player dying in front of the TK within 3min... you still have 100 players per minute streaming out of the TK per minute..

And i dont see the problem here... WHY is this constant stream a problem?
Its ONLY a problem for groups are stupid enough to camp the TK.... so WHY punish ALL players with a timer if the "victims of the constant stream" are just players who want to farm players at TKs?
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:51 PM by Tharlin
I mostly understand your changes and see how they will provide better gaming experience.
But this is just a way to frustrate killed players even more and kill RvR.

Please undo that timer!
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:57 PM by chryso
Make it longer. I will not stand for anything less than a 6 minute timer!!!!11!1111!!
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:00 PM by Arthur Dayne
Menfany wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:48 PM
Arthur Dayne wrote:
Menfany wrote:
Ok.. lets be serious.

"To prevent a constant stream of people dying, rezzing and running back out of the PK"
What is so hard to realize that this wont change anything but.. all this happens with 3min delay?

If 300 player dying in front of the TK within 3min... you still have 100 players per minute streaming out of the TK per minute..

Its ONLY a problem for groups are stupid enough to camp the TK.... so WHY punish ALL players with a timer if the "victims of the constant stream" are just players who want to farm players at TKs?

You said you were going to offer another solution, not try and diminish the problem. YOU LIE, SIR. YOU LIE.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:04 PM by suicide19
It is 2019, and we have a server that hosts DAoC a game from 2001. We are extremely lucky that it is currently this popular!

Why implement a penalty that DETERS your player base from playing that game!!! 3 minutes in current gaming experiences is really unheard of, I cannot think of another game where at a certain point i'm penalized and must sit and wait for 3 minutes.

Seriously this problmemisn't this signifcant to risk the alienation of a good potion of the player base?
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:08 PM by chryso
suicide19 wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:04 PM
Seriously this problmemisn't this signifcant to risk the alienation of a good potion of the player base?

Are you saying they are going to kill the server?

OMG SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:13 PM by Tndiesel
Timer =FAIL Forget soloing just join the zerg and lay and wait for a rez.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:14 PM by Tunk
Sorry but this Patch make Mid and Hib permanent camping ATK lol........
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:14 PM by Menfany
Arthur Dayne wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:00 PM
Menfany wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:48 PM
Arthur Dayne wrote:

You said you were going to offer another solution, not try and diminish the problem. YOU LIE, SIR. YOU LIE.

You didnt gave me a "reason"... so how can i give you another solution?

"a constant stream of players" isnt a reason... its NORMAL.
And if you want a solution for not getting RP... move away from TK until the players give RP again.
You want to punish players for your farming reasons.
For killing players you killed before...
all for the comfort to reg and have an "smaller stream" you can handle.

Thats just BS.

You want RP... go where you get them... away from TKs.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:15 PM by Arthur Dayne
THIS *clapping emoji* ISN'T *clapping emoji* FORTNITE *clapping emoji*

Action isn't always instantaneous and it's not you vs the world it's Realm vs Realm. It's 3 [edit - Language] minutes to throttle people dying, rezzing, and running immediately right back out of their PK when the defending realm has a +5 minute run to get back into the action (even longer if they don't have a bard, which is often).

Get over it and I hope the devs stick to their guns.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:18 PM by Menfany
Tndiesel wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:13 PM

the problem is... EVEN if you WAIT for the rez... if you dont get one and release.. you STILL have to wait 3 MORE MINUTES till you can leave the TK.
what a BS.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:19 PM by defiasbandit
Arthur Dayne wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:15 PM

Action isn't always instantaneous and it's not you vs the world it's Realm vs Realm. It's 3 [edit - Language] minutes to throttle people dying, rezzing, and running immediately right back out of their PK when the defending realm has a +5 minute run to get back into the action (even longer if they don't have a bard, which is often).

Uh no. Its awful change. Many players won't keep waiting 3 minutes only to walk out and die to an overpowered Assassin or an 8man group.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:20 PM by defiasbandit
Tunk wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:14 PM
Sorry but this Patch make Mid and Hib permanent camping ATK lol........

Exactly. Its so obvious lol. How can they possibly make a change like this.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:21 PM by Menfany
Arthur Dayne wrote:

so literally.. if everyone stay in his own FZ... because they dont want this timer.. you have no RVR anymore.. congrats.
But seriously... if you dont want to risk killin people not worth RP... stay out of emain, HW and odins...and everyone has the same way to the fight..
easy solution.
Without hostaging people in their TK.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:23 PM by Arthur Dayne
defiasbandit wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:19 PM
Arthur Dayne wrote:

Uh no. Its awful change. Many players won't keep waiting 3 minutes only to walk out and die to an overpowered Assassin or an 8man group.

Many players don't run solo without stealth and speed. There's a handful of you here bitching. Where's everyone else? Playing the game and not caring. Where will I be in 30 minutes when I get off work? In game playing and not caring. You're a noisy minority with a niche playstyle that's frankly ridiculous.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:23 PM by defiasbandit
Menfany wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:21 PM
Arthur Dayne wrote:

so literally.. if everyone stay in his own FZ... because they dont want this timer.. you have no RVR anymore.. congrats.
But seriously... if you dont want to risk killin people not worth RP... stay out of emain, HW and odins...and everyone has the same way to the fight..
easy solution.
Without hostaging people in their TK.

This 100%. The zergers just want to camp and steam roll anyone leaving the player keeps making it even more difficult for them to get through the milegates and to the tasks.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:24 PM by defiasbandit
Arthur Dayne wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:23 PM
defiasbandit wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:19 PM
Arthur Dayne wrote:

Action isn't always instantaneous and it's not you vs the world it's Realm vs Realm. It's 3 fucking minutes to throttle people dying, rezzing, and running immediately right back out of their PK when the defending realm has a +5 minute run to get back into the action (even longer if they don't have a bard, which is often).

Many players don't run solo without stealth and speed. There's a handful of you here bitching. Where's everyone else? Playing the game and not caring. Where will I be in 30 minutes when I get off work? In game playing and not caring. You're a noisy minority with a niche playstyle that's frankly ridiculous.
Waiting 3 minutes just so you can enter a PvP zone is stupid. It was stupid in 2001 and look what year it is.

Stop camping outside of player keeps with your zergs and 8mans. There is an entire frontier yet you choose to abuse your numbers and kill anyone trying to task.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:25 PM by Arthur Dayne
Well I'm done here. I would say enjoy your circle jerk but you only solo so enjoy your lonely tug sesh. byyeeee see you in 3 minutes!
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:26 PM by Tndiesel
Menfany wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:18 PM
Tndiesel wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:13 PM

the problem is... EVEN if you WAIT for the rez... if you dont get one and release.. you STILL have to wait 3 MORE MINUTES till you can leave the TK.
what a BS.

Yes this is total BS Just one more way to screw the soloing classes
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:32 PM by jg777
Come on guys let’s have a rational discussion here not 1minute between post zingers with each other with little content in them. We need data and additional player input first and that will take a few days. Perhaps someone will have a way to metric the RvR activity in the coming days for example and post some numbers, and we could throw up a poll tomorrow or sometime this weekend for voting like/dislike. We don’t have to agree all the time but we can at least be respectful and thoughtful when discussing disagreements. We’re not politicians after all. 🙏🏻
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:40 PM by BisbyHoughton
Beartooth my brother you are fighting a losing battle on that one lol.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:42 PM by suicide19
No idea why people are so vehemently protecting a rule that deters people from PLAYING the game? It's an artificial penalty that prevents people from participating. Posters who don't see an issue with 3 minutes, I don't know what to tell you... ? 3 Minutes in today;s gaming environment is unheard of.

Lets propose a change that makes our player base sit and do nothing in our game for 3 minutes... as a way to improve active participation in that game???

It's a frustrating mechanic, it leaves users frustrated... which causes them to find other less frustrating means of entertainment.

I'd rather keep those players here at the expense of the perceived realm inequity caused by recently rezzed invaders being able to return to the enemy frontier and resume their assault!
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:45 PM by BaldEagle
Don't know why everyone is surprised about the zerging. That is why they are implementing this rule.

If only this server was NF instead of OF, so many problems would have been solved. That is why Live daoc when to NF and a reason (although no one wants to admit it) why Uthgard died.

Insta port to action = Zergin (logic hard).

Switch to NF and we are all in the clear.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 10:02 PM by Menfany
BTW... if this timer wants to punish only the streaming zerg of soloplayers... why everyone got it?
You wanna support or even force groupplay?
Fine.
Give the timer only to "non-grouped" players.

But its ok... seems like the powergamer farmgroups have a better standing with the devs... probably cryd a bit harder then the rest... just because they dont get RP for the 3rd and 4th time killing the same player within 3min... so they got a supporting change...
congrats. Make the gap great again.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 10:06 PM by keen
Took one change to make it from casual paradise to 8man paradise :X
Thu 31 Jan 2019 10:09 PM by defiasbandit
keen wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 10:06 PM
Took one change to make it from casual paradise to 8man paradise :X

The server was too 8 man oriented, now look at it.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 10:10 PM by pbellin12
Please remove the 3 minute timer, this is going to kill a lot of solo and small man groups
Thu 31 Jan 2019 10:19 PM by Gotmagi
As a solo visible.. this is honestly the worst change I could have ever imagined. Instead of actually just playing the game I am forced to alt tab for 3 minutes to do something else every time I die (which happens a lot). Please remove this.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 10:40 PM by Menfany
jg777 wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:32 PM
Come on guys let’s have a rational discussion here not 1minute between post zingers with each other with little content in them. We need data and additional player input first and that will take a few days. Perhaps someone will have a way to metric the RvR activity in the coming days for example and post some numbers, and we could throw up a poll tomorrow or sometime this weekend for voting like/dislike. We don’t have to agree all the time but we can at least be respectful and thoughtful when discussing disagreements. We’re not politicians after all. 🙏🏻

So what you wanna discuss?
We probably need A REASON why you did this before we can discuss... not just implementing a timer and wondering people complain about.

So.. tell us YOUR REASONS... and we can give you an opinion or solutions.
The way it is atm is just takin players hostage.

But just for the possibility you seriously listen...
Question:
If "the constantly stream of players out of TKS" are the problem...
Why we get a 3min timer right after the first death?
Why not a "cumulating timer" which stackes with every death withtin 3min...
Why everyone gets the timer... even grouped players?
Why the timer startes from point of "release" not from moment you died?
Why you punish the "streaming players" and not the farming groups who makes tons of RP on this stream?
Why you even support this farming playstyle of groups between TK and MG?
Why you implement tasks which force players to gather in special zones and give them a reason "to stream out and get easy RP"... if you think they shouldnt? You seriously wanna tell me you didnt realized, that exactly this will happen?
And IF you realized it... why this tasks say "Fight in Emain" not "Fight in Briefine".. so every player who arrives there... from defending or attacking realm WILL be worth RP again!?
As i said before... there are SO MANY solutions to solve this problem of "streaming players out of the TK".. and NOT taking them hostage for 3min.

I really appreciate your work so far... but this timer is just BS.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 11:08 PM by Vlas
Hate the 3 min timer think its your worse decision to date please remove it
Thu 31 Jan 2019 11:15 PM by kskovbo
I normally never post on forums or anything, but I felt I needed to voice my opinion here. This 3 min realm timer is a big problem for solo players like myself. I am a casual player and I have 1-2 hours to play couple of times a week and waiting around in a PK doing nothing for 3 min is a big waste of time for me. This will of course happen several times over the course of my play time. This will totally kill the flow of the game. There must be other solutions to whatever problem this is aimed at.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 11:36 PM by dante`afk
kskovbo wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 11:15 PM
I normally never post on forums or anything, but I felt I needed to voice my opinion here. This 3 min realm timer is a big problem for solo players like myself. I am a casual player and I have 1-2 hours to play couple of times a week and waiting around in a PK doing nothing for 3 min is a big waste of time for me. This will of course happen several times over the course of my play time. This will totally kill the flow of the game. There must be other solutions to whatever problem this is aimed at.

Exactly this ^

I rather log out and play something else than waiting 3 minutes to be able to run out again.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 11:43 PM by Nachtfee
How should we defend a reli when we are sitting 3 Minutes in the TK ?
Thu 31 Jan 2019 11:50 PM by Paraa
Tree wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 7:13 PM
Paraa wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 5:52 PM

Omg l2p.

The feedback in this thread is hilarious

Good changes imho, except the shroom stuff. But staff seems to have it really in for animists. Sad.

What is Omg l2p ??
dont understand this , i can Play 1-2 hrs a day and With this change I waste more time being afk.
I had a lot of fun the last 2 weeks but with this change I will have to look for something new
Thu 31 Jan 2019 11:51 PM by Takii
As others have suggested, make that timer only active if your realm is holding a relic (or has held a relic in the past 5 mins) in that zone. In any other situation it should be 1 minute at the most.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 11:58 PM by secrain
Just bring back the porting ceremonies if you're going to add a timer like that.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 11:59 PM by Rubin
The people who were streaming out of the PKs will just stop playing, since the 3min timer is killing all the fun for them. Most of them will be from the underpopulated realm, since thats the one that get farmed the most.
Not sure how it helps the server if these people are just not part of it anymore.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 11:59 PM by Dimir
Hello Phoenix staff! Please consider:
1. If this is about relic attack/defense consider making it so that this 3m timer only applies if you die within a certain range of a relic keep or a keep that holds a relic. You could base it on whether the keep was under attack but sometimes that happens randomly so idk how accurate that would be.

2. If this isn't about relic keeps at all then this is about... zerging? Maybe that means there should be multiple RvR tasks going on at once to spread out the population.

As it stands this doesn't seem to hurt groups directly because they always take a few minutes to buff up, but it does indirectly hurt them by putting less people out there for them to fight. It mostly hurts small mans and solo classes that are going to have to wait to RvR and wait for their opponents to wait to RvR.

Please reconsider this change depending on what problem you are trying to fix! Thank you!
Fri 1 Feb 2019 12:29 AM by Pbuck
Sitting at 9 min waiting at pk,after dying to small man /group 3 times. I think I do not want to keep doing this. Gl & hf. Ill use this time to do something else^^.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 12:44 AM by Menfany
Another point... just because it happend in RVR lately..

If a group fights in a zone with alot of player activity.. and a few member die.. the rest are alive.. but because of a retreat they cant rez the other..

because of the 3min timer the guys who died cant instantly try to get back to their group..
instead it forces the surviving players to suicide or move back the entire way to the TK to pick them up.. after 3min gone.

Even the entire group dies... but at different times the player release.. everyone has to wait till the last died member has his 3min timer solved...
so you constantly have to watch the time you released to know when you gonna start without splitting the group up right when you start to roll out.

Just annoying.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 1:02 AM by jg777
Menfany wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 10:40 PM
jg777 wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:32 PM

So what you wanna discuss?
We probably need A REASON why you did this before we can discuss... not just implementing a timer and wondering people complain about.

So.. tell us YOUR REASONS... and we can give you an opinion or solutions.
The way it is atm is just takin players hostage.

But just for the possibility you seriously listen...
Question:
If "the constantly stream of players out of TKS" are the problem...
Why we get a 3min timer right after the first death?
Why not a "cumulating timer" which stackes with every death withtin 3min...
Why everyone gets the timer... even grouped players?
Why the timer startes from point of "release" not from moment you died?
Why you punish the "streaming players" and not the farming groups who makes tons of RP on this stream?
Why you even support this farming playstyle of groups between TK and MG?
Why you implement tasks which force players to gather in special zones and give them a reason "to stream out and get easy RP"... if you think they shouldnt? You seriously wanna tell me you didnt realized, that exactly this will happen?
And IF you realized it... why this tasks say "Fight in Emain" not "Fight in Briefine".. so every player who arrives there... from defending or attacking realm WILL be worth RP again!?
As i said before... there are SO MANY solutions to solve this problem of "streaming players out of the TK".. and NOT taking them hostage for 3min.

I really appreciate your work so far... but this timer is just BS.

Hi Menfany,

Unfortunately I can’t give you anymore reasons for the timer implementation than what has been started by the staff because I’m not privy to the staff discussions as I’m not part of the Phoenix staff. As my initial post stated, I agree that the timer may be to long for an initial change, along with the opinion a better solution may be available to address the issues they sought to address. I’d like to hear more from the community here and hopefully someone can draw data on RvR activity to do some comparisons as well. The great thing is we have a staff who cares and is responsive so nothing that can’t be undone and corrected if/as it needs be. The trend appears to be an adjustment if not an outright reduction of the timer needs to be implemented but let’s give a few days to get feedback, data, and then amicably discuss and request whatever changes may be desired.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 1:14 AM by Takii
Dimir wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 11:59 PM
As it stands this doesn't seem to hurt groups directly because they always take a few minutes to buff up,

It really doesn't take 3 minutes to buff up... This hurts solos way more yes but it's still really [edit - Language] for groups.

Edit: RvRing right now and we had time to rebuff the group and replace a group member with someone that was on an alt when we asked him to join, and still hit the invisible wall with 67 seconds when we tried to go out convinced that we were well past the timer...
Fri 1 Feb 2019 1:36 AM by Chimosh
Remove the timer.

please
Fri 1 Feb 2019 2:28 AM by grimmbors
Please remove this, its ruining RvR
Fri 1 Feb 2019 2:33 AM by Aincrad
Please remove timer. It's actually quite dumb and pointless. Who cares a relic was taken because they kept getting to the mg. If they were able to get it that far they deserve to have it.

Change this crap or add a condition
Fri 1 Feb 2019 3:16 AM by Citian
Take down the 3min timer. Keep DF open 24/7 to all 3 realms and put the relics at the bottom. Carrier of a relic is only able to exit DF through the realm they are stealing it from and it will port them into the enemy realm, but they will be immune to realmguard-NPCs. Stealth works while carrying them, speed works while carrying them, unable to be CC'd. Carrying an enemy relic into your DF will emplace a relic akin to some Arthurian bs or something whatever. Relics are overrated, time is underrated
Fri 1 Feb 2019 4:15 AM by stolarz88
To those saying, who will leave over timer...

I will. It's ridiculous. If you are trying to defend your own land it's already frustrating to run 15 minutes to get to the main fight.

Within a few weeks we are going down the NF route
Fri 1 Feb 2019 5:03 AM by zenai
stolarz88 wrote:
Fri 1 Feb 2019 4:15 AM
To those saying, who will leave over timer...

I will. It's ridiculous. If you are trying to defend your own land it's already frustrating to run 15 minutes to get to the main fight.

Within a few weeks we are going down the NF route

Read again, you are not getting a 3 min timer from your own land... only when you are in enemy land
Fri 1 Feb 2019 5:29 AM by Runental
12 Pages of QQ, awesome.
Still wondering what people have been done back in the days on live and Uthgard when there were no Healers in Battlegrounds or PKs and they had to wait the 2 minutes RVR sickness
Fri 1 Feb 2019 5:37 AM by Exercia
I knew this server was to good to be true.
Our guild decided to stay away today from RVR because of this change. We tried it tho, but it killed our motivation within 3 death. We logged onto toons in hope this will get reverted soon.

Please let this devs not be as stubborn as the uthgard crew. You may laugh when someone says, "this will kill the server" but many of us witnessed exactly this.

Please devs, revert this. There must be a better way.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 5:40 AM by Numatic
This really hurts the solo non speed classes. Which is a group of people who already get the shaft (usually because they are unwanted in RvR groups). It takes me, even with hastener speed, far longer to get anywhere than a grp with a bard. On top of that it's just making MG/PK camping even worse. I get the reasoning behind it, but I dont think that's the right idea for it.

It's far too blunt to fix a problem that has alot of nuances. For me, I wont be doing RvR until this is changed and go back to farming for my temp or playing an alt.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 5:56 AM by Dacht
The portal keep timer is probably a mistake. Makes it too easy to camp the PKs and force a very unenjoyable style of play.

I think this was an example of something that was not broke that got fixed.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 6:44 AM by Emeryc
This timer is immensely punitive to solos, stealthers, small mans and pretty much everyone other than 8-mans. In the name of all that is good and just and beautiful in this world, end this timer nonsense.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 7:24 AM by Hedien
Timer sucks, really bad for rvr and daoc already lacking dynamism.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 7:38 AM by Druth
Keep in mind that DaoC always had limitations to how fast you could get to enemy realms.

OF had porters, which were longer than the 3 mins.
NF had boats, although you could open up port in enemy realms, but even then you still had to wait for rez sick.

I think 3 mins no matter how dominant your realm is in RvR at the time is a bad idea, but I don't think a timer is a bad idea.

I think instant gratification is bad in any parts of life. Running from SF to OG gets my blood pumping, and when I finally reach a fight I'm all psyked up and not only fighting for rps, but also for avoiding having to run all the way back again.
Being able to click healer, run 10 secs, fight, die/win healer, back again - makes the fight seem trivial and very forgettable, and people are bored easially from things they don't feel they have a stake in.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 7:39 AM by rubaduck
I actually believe this is a bad thing, 3 minutes is to much. 1.5 would be no problem, but 3 is just killing the vibe.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 9:04 AM by Tritri
I didn't test it but I think it's a good idea

It's nice :p
Fri 1 Feb 2019 9:32 AM by Ceen
If Relic is undrr attack enable port ceremony on 3-5 min timer.
If not keep the beach clash
This auto port to telekeep stuff feels wierd.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 10:08 AM by Deathunter
!!!SUGGESTION!!!

So everybody is flaming and crying alot over a mechanic with is totally vanilla. 3min Port is usual and while the length is debatable, the timer itself is not.

I think a good Solution would be to Keep the tk doors closed for the Duration of the Timer. Just lock them 3min. Then u open for 30secs and repeat cycle.
This way u kinda emulate the Visur cycle without preventing people from porting freely!

If u want to stick with the timer, this Solution would bunch people up again and prevent grps from beeing torn apart with different timers.

Stay calm guys and always remember to think
Fri 1 Feb 2019 10:18 AM by Tharlin
Deathunter wrote:
Fri 1 Feb 2019 10:08 AM
!!!SUGGESTION!!!

So everybody is flaming and crying alot over a mechanic with is totally vanilla. 3min Port is usual and while the length is debatable, the timer itself is not.

I think a good Solution would be to Keep the tk doors closed for the Duration of the Timer. Just lock them 3min. Then u open for 30secs and repeat cycle.
This way u kinda emulate the Visur cycle without preventing people from porting freely!

If u want to stick with the timer, this Solution would bunch people up again and prevent grps from beeing torn apart with different timers.

Stay calm guys and always remember to think

Even if I would prefer to not have a timer, this would be a better thing than the personal 3 minute timer!
Fri 1 Feb 2019 10:54 AM by keen
Runental wrote:
Fri 1 Feb 2019 5:29 AM
12 Pages of QQ, awesome.
Still wondering what people have been done back in the days on live and Uthgard when there were no Healers in Battlegrounds or PKs and they had to wait the 2 minutes RVR sickness
They left the server and played sth else?
Fri 1 Feb 2019 11:33 AM by Deathunter
They just took it without crying like little babys
Fri 1 Feb 2019 12:00 PM by Chimosh
Please remove the 3min timer.

This is a problem that didn't need to be solved.

If people are not worth rpts, then the enemy shouldn't camp mile gates period. I mean who seriously complained about this enough that the 3 min timer was introduced?

So here's the pros and cons for what you have done.

Pro's
-Timer makes it so that full groups, solos and small mans cant get back into the fight easily and run straight back into the action. Especially during the Task that is in the furthermost area of the frontier, and also during relic raids
-People are worth rpts when leaving the PK

Con's
-Full groups cant get back into the action. When you wipe 3-4 times to a zerg. The game gets tedious if your whole group is blocked by a invisible wall.
-Small Man, even worse for small mans due to them getting ganked more often
-Solo, 10 times worse than full group and 5 times worse than small man. You have just pushed these players to pretty much quit. Its hard enough to get a 1v1, better yet pulling off a 2v1 if you can. But most likely getting steam rolled repeatedly by full groups. That 3 min timer is turning into a massive number.
-You are pushing people to run 8 man only so that your survival chance is higher. You are essentially dictating play-styles.
- People are not worth any rpts when they run to mile gates. Really this one is a no brainier though - do not camp them?
- The timer creates massive zergs
- If your group is split in a fight and you lost healers, they release, you have to pick them up. If the fight was close to PK now you have to wait for 2 members for 3mins before you can go again.
- The timer is putting people off from rvr
- The timer is getting a real negative response from most people

From personal experience today. I like to run as small man with my wife most times, unfortunately that comes with being ganked a lot. Sometimes not even making it past the mile gate in multiple attempts. The timer is really disheartening when added with being destroyed 3 times in a row by full groups/zergs camping the mile gate.

I think you have actually created many more problems by introducing the timer than by fixing them.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 2:13 PM by Ardri
Lower it to 2min imo.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 2:52 PM by Uthred
Locked.

Any feedback --> https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4590
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Planned Changes or the latest topics