Phoenix Eggs, Tinderboxes, Mob types & Epic Dungeon Vests

Started 27 Jan 2019
by Uthred
in Planned Changes
After the first two weeks full of fixes, we are now starting to look into the future. We were getting a lot of feedback and were reading the players suggestions on the forum, plus we were checking our own statistics and decided to implement the following changes after the next patch:
Phoenix Eggs:

We will increase the XP per Phoenix Egg. Handing them in you will get 50% more XP per egg. This should help solo players a lot and will make their way to 50 more enjoyable.

Tinderboxes:

Tinders are a nice and very helpful addition to leveling, but they mostly reward power using classes, especially casters. To help melee classes a little bit and to encourage players to level in melee groups and/or level more melee chars in general, tinders will have a 2nd bonus.

In addition to the heal, endo and power regen, tinders will also give a 5 mins buff for everyone in the group. This buff is a 25% DMG-Add that stacks with all existing DMG-Adds. It will only work in pve and not versus other players. It will also not work versus raid mobs in highend pve content.

Least killed mob types:

After the first two weeks of PvE some mob types have been way more killed than others. We would like to give an incentive for killing the mob types which have not been killed as much . All mob types that were 50% or less killed in total compared to the most killed mob type will get an XP bonus up to 500%. This will make it worthwhile to head out and find the other types. The XP message will show you if a mob type has this special bonus.

Vest from epic dungeons:

We will rework the vests from epic dungeons a little bit. Some of them already have +3 all magic or melee, but most of them have +3 in one special skill. We will remove the +3 in a single skill and change it to to all magic/melee. If you already bought a vest, it will be changed automatically. You will not lose anything but mostly win something.
Sun 27 Jan 2019 10:54 PM by Kaosfury
Awesome, breathing some life into an old game and making things relevant again, another example on how the staff is listening and wants this server to flourish.

Ty guys.
Sun 27 Jan 2019 11:06 PM by Kamik
Great changes, very smooth launch so far. Thank you guys for your hard work!!
Sun 27 Jan 2019 11:11 PM by Dragonn
Best server ever
Sun 27 Jan 2019 11:47 PM by joenleah2014
i would like to see some love for under played classes as well warden friar to just name a couple
Sun 27 Jan 2019 11:59 PM by jenskamen
So when its 2 times +3 special skill it will stay the same i assume? nightshade has 3 stealth and 3 CS so that remains untouched?
Mon 28 Jan 2019 12:01 AM by japdupadulap
How about the Epic Doungeon Sleeves ? TG Runemaster Sleeves gives all magic skill +3 and the Spiritmaster Sleeves gives 3 Darkness. Pants also same problem
Mon 28 Jan 2019 12:20 AM by Steez
when will this next patch be?
Mon 28 Jan 2019 1:37 AM by Zansobar
Very nice changes.
Mon 28 Jan 2019 2:46 AM by PingGuy
That's a better egg exp increase than i had hoped for. Thanks!

I just hit 26 on a mostly solo Blademaster, so this will help a lot.
Mon 28 Jan 2019 2:52 AM by elflord
Sounds great! I don't know about alb and mid but in hib, if you're not one of a couple of classes, you'e lucky to get a group.
Mon 28 Jan 2019 3:58 AM by Saerol
Some small but great sounding changes!
Mon 28 Jan 2019 7:27 AM by Lillebror
Task credit, is it charged so a solo get Get credit for blue con? And a duo Get for yellow?

If so it would be a great change. For some classes.
Hope these changes normalise and not end in just focus/servant pull. And it comes from a caster.
Mon 28 Jan 2019 9:28 AM by Tavi
Great changes that target the actual issues!
Mon 28 Jan 2019 10:58 AM by nOerkH
elflord wrote:
Mon 28 Jan 2019 2:52 AM
Sounds great! I don't know about alb and mid but in hib, if you're not one of a couple of classes, you'e lucky to get a group.

You're talking about verd ani, pbaoe, (mana ment), drui or bard?

besides this server is being great and I fell in love with daoc again (after having retired since 2 years from live servers) it is a pitty, that things only work this way nowadays. Anyhow I can understand it, lvling with this setup in hib is mindless but so efficient
Mon 28 Jan 2019 11:50 AM by Uthred
The change on epic dungeon vests is live now, the other changes will be in later today. In addition all vests should have the correct skin now. The followong epic dungeon vests have these new stats:

[attachment=7]Animist.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=6]BD.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=5]Cleric.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=4]Eld.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=3]Ench.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=2]Mentalist.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=1]Skald.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]SM.JPG[/attachment]
Mon 28 Jan 2019 12:10 PM by Chaskha
Great change thanks ! (just a small question, why not even the utility amongst class/realms? no big deal though - happy as it is)
Mon 28 Jan 2019 12:41 PM by Northztorm
Very good work guys, and a really good server to play on. 👍🏻 Bring back memories from the old days 😊🤓
Mon 28 Jan 2019 2:10 PM by Horus
Question on the "rarely killed" mob exp bonus...is this a dynamic thing, ie if a particular mob has not been killed for a period of time the bonus kicks in or are there currently just set mobs that give this bonus?
Mon 28 Jan 2019 2:43 PM by Uthred
Yes, it is dynamic.

"All mob types that were 50% or less killed in total compared to the most killed mob type will get an XP bonus up to 500%."

Example: Mob type A, is the type that got killed the most so far, with being killed 1000 times, Mob type B is killed 400 times and Mob type C is killed 200 times.

You will not get this special bonus when killing mob type A.

You will get a small bonus when killing mob type B (40% killed compared to the most killed mob type A).

You will get a huge bonus when killing mob type C (20% killed compared to the most killed mob type A).

I cant tell you the exact numbers, but the less a mob type got killed compared to the most killed mob type, the closer you will get to the 500% xp bonus.
Mon 28 Jan 2019 2:50 PM by Glimmer
Could you consider adding extra EXP bonus while completing kill task(level2.level3, and so on) if solo?
Example:
Level 1: kill 15 A mobs(gains standard task exp, lets say it's 100% as default),
Level 2: kill 31 A mobs(Task reward 50% more exp for completing this level)
and so on...

This would be very good qol for solo exping classes. Please consider it.
Regards.
Mon 28 Jan 2019 3:11 PM by Uthred
Uthred wrote:
Mon 28 Jan 2019 2:43 PM
Yes, it is dynamic.

"All mob types that were 50% or less killed in total compared to the most killed mob type will get an XP bonus up to 500%."

Example: Mob type A, is the type that got killed the most so far, with being killed 1000 times, Mob type B is killed 400 times and Mob type C is killed 200 times.

You will get a small bonus when killing mob type B (40% killed compared to the most killed mob type A).

You will get a huge bonus when killing mob type C (20% killed compared to the most killed mob type A).

I cant tell you the exact numbers, but the less a mob type got killed compared to the most killed mob type, the closer you will get to the 500% xp bonus.

Ok, Schaf was faster than me. You can easily see the exact numbers ig. Just type /task realm. This is an example from mid. Please keep in mind that these numbers are different for every realm.

[attachment=0]Mob Type.JPG[/attachment]
Mon 28 Jan 2019 3:57 PM by ToxizDK
Any changes to the Infiltrator Vest ?
Mon 28 Jan 2019 5:23 PM by Zwei
When will the Egg-Change go live? Today aswell?
Mon 28 Jan 2019 5:35 PM by Sarcast
Luv!
Please let us know when it is live.
Mon 28 Jan 2019 7:36 PM by Kamik
Hey guys, a small mess up with the tinder boxes. You don't benefit if you're not in the group, (it's hard to place a campfire in a crowded area so you can benefit from it).

Thanks for your hard work.
Mon 28 Jan 2019 8:37 PM by Ardri
Uthred wrote:
Mon 28 Jan 2019 3:11 PM
Ok, Schaf was faster than me. You can easily see the exact numbers ig. Just type /task realm. This is an example from mid. Please keep in mind that these numbers are different for every realm.

Mob Type.JPG

So it's tied to the mob species/type and not the mob name/camp/location?
Tue 29 Jan 2019 1:29 AM by Numatic
Ardri wrote:
Mon 28 Jan 2019 8:37 PM
Uthred wrote:

Mob Type.JPG

So it's tied to the mob species/type and not the mob name/camp/location?

Correct. It's to get more people doing other camps rather than one type. There's usually a specific type of mob that's camped alot because of location/size/easy to kill etc.
Tue 29 Jan 2019 3:30 AM by WyandVoidbringer
I just finished a play session that lasted 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Excited by the new XP changes I created a new character (Minstrel) and set out from Prydwen Keep.

At the end of my solo play session I had reached level 13.

While I played, /gu was on fire with arguments over these XP changes. I wanted to stop here briefly and sing my praise of them. I certainly wouldn't want changes made to benefit solo players to hurt the experience of those who like to group, but I love these changes, and not just because they let me level quicker on my own.

Where before leveling was a simple and boring exercise of either looking up XP items or finding a camp I could grind, killing until they turned green, and then trotting down the road to the next camp, now I'm coveting mobs that give me that high XP bonus, and I'll spend extra time trying to find them. That lets me feel a little bit clever as a player when I pass up the easy camp I've found in search of something better, and upon finding it, reap the glorious XP bonus rewards.

It was a very new way to play solo DAoC, and I enjoyed it very much!

Also, despite the fearmongering in the starter guild chat, I'm not convinced these changes will hinder group play in any way.
Tue 29 Jan 2019 5:50 AM by imamo
tinderbox da bonus doesnt apply to bows.
Tue 29 Jan 2019 8:14 AM by Tritri
These changes are very nice indeed

But there is a little issue with tinderbox add damage, especially in dungeons :

Since it's a group bonus and since you can't use a tinderbox if you are already in the range of another tinderbox, when you are in a somewhat crowded area, you end up being unable to use the tinderbox for yourself (especially true when there are 2 or 3 soloer on the same spot that can't space each other out efficiently to use their tinderboxes)

Why did you restrict the buff to the group in the first place ? I fail to see the exploit people may use if it was effecting everyone like the regen bonus it provides ?
Tue 29 Jan 2019 9:01 AM by Tree
Does the new 25% melee bonus also apply to summoned pets and charmed monsters?
Tue 29 Jan 2019 9:22 AM by gruenesschaf
Pets get the bonus too but the bonus does not apply against pets as that would be rvr, however it would apply in rvr against minstrel / menta pets that are at the time of the hit uncharmed.
Tue 29 Jan 2019 9:36 AM by Tritri
I don't think this answers his question

But in any case, I guess you should see the damage add in the fighting log if that's the case
Tue 29 Jan 2019 10:23 AM by Sepplord
WyandVoidbringer wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019 3:30 AM
Also, despite the fearmongering in the starter guild chat, I'm not convinced these changes will hinder group play in any way.

What was the chats general fear? The XP Bonus doesn't apply to solos only....a group can MASSIVELY XP now IF they are willing to change spots/looks for other spots

I was afraid that the boni would diminish really fast and only benefit a few people that could play a lot yesterday BUT THEN i remembered that a huge amount of people will never adjust and keep farming the old spots.
In Midgard (but i assume there are similar spots in hib/alb too) Redcaps in Moderna are a very decent ROG/PLAT farm for lvl50chars too...they will keep humanoids farmed pretty high, and a couple of hundred soloers doing single mobs of other types should not be able to dent the bonuses
Tue 29 Jan 2019 11:39 AM by Der_Eisbaer
All in all a well thought-out patch - I like it, well done!
Tue 29 Jan 2019 12:58 PM by WyandVoidbringer
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019 10:23 AM
WyandVoidbringer wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019 3:30 AM
What was the chats general fear? The XP Bonus doesn't apply to solos only....a group can MASSIVELY XP now IF they are willing to change spots/looks for other spots

There were a vocal few saying that these changes would kill the server because no one would group anymore.

Most people seemed quite pleased with the changes. Primarily people playing classes that have a hard time finding a spot in an AoE bomb group.
Tue 29 Jan 2019 4:02 PM by chryso
WyandVoidbringer wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019 12:58 PM
There were a vocal few saying that these changes would kill the server because no one would group anymore.

Yeah, there are idiots saying that everything will kill the server.
Tue 29 Jan 2019 4:12 PM by MiNDmaZing
Uthred wrote:
Uthred wrote:
Mon 28 Jan 2019 2:43 PM
Yes, it is dynamic.

Mob Type.JPG

What happens when a task realm is completed?
Wed 30 Jan 2019 4:47 PM by Guetzli
Vest change is great, but sadly there are still a lot of items that are useless for the majority of players. Hero Galla armor for examples has a piece with + blunt and another piece with + LW. Most players are either blades/pierce and CS. Would be great if at some point these will be changed as well to more generic stats.

I also love the Egg buff. I played some levels solo at 40+ and was really disappointed by the XP I received from Eggs. It was nothing compared to tasks and xp items. It will still be way faster in a group, which should always be the case IMO.

All in all great patch!
Sat 2 Feb 2019 1:12 AM by Ramu
I have really been enjoying the game and have had lots of fun, so thank you for all your hard work and allowing us to enjoy our selves for free.

I do have one small problem and I'm not sure how many people this would affect so it may not make sense to even check into it but figured I would toss it out there anyway. I do only a small amount of rvr, I duo a lot with my wife, we both actually like the pve in DAOC and have played for years on various free shards. We are both over 60 so kind of slow and don't have lightening reflexes and my wife does not like to be in big groups because she doesn't feel she is a good player so we play together.

The problem is that the solo experience is tons faster than the small 2 man group experience and we find we need to disband and kill solo so we can collect eggs and get task experience for killing yellows. If we stay grouped we need to find reds to take advantage of these bonuses. Could something be done to help 2 man groups, I do see a lot of them running around out there?

I know doing something for 2 man groups will mean that 3 man groups want something too and then the 4 man...and so on....you can never make everyone happy, just thought I would ask though.

Overall though great game, great job and the wife and I are still having lots of fun!
Sun 3 Feb 2019 3:02 AM by PingGuy
I've duo'd a lot on Phoenix, and I find it's faster than soloing if you focus on xp item turn-in mobs. I've also solo'd a lot here, so I have plenty to compare it to. It depends on the class of course, but both my Blademaster and Warden have had more success with duos than with soloing.
Sun 3 Feb 2019 3:15 PM by Zansobar
Ramu wrote:
Sat 2 Feb 2019 1:12 AM
I have really been enjoying the game and have had lots of fun, so thank you for all your hard work and allowing us to enjoy our selves for free.

I do have one small problem and I'm not sure how many people this would affect so it may not make sense to even check into it but figured I would toss it out there anyway. I do only a small amount of rvr, I duo a lot with my wife, we both actually like the pve in DAOC and have played for years on various free shards. We are both over 60 so kind of slow and don't have lightening reflexes and my wife does not like to be in big groups because she doesn't feel she is a good player so we play together.

The problem is that the solo experience is tons faster than the small 2 man group experience and we find we need to disband and kill solo so we can collect eggs and get task experience for killing yellows. If we stay grouped we need to find reds to take advantage of these bonuses. Could something be done to help 2 man groups, I do see a lot of them running around out there?

I know doing something for 2 man groups will mean that 3 man groups want something too and then the 4 man...and so on....you can never make everyone happy, just thought I would ask though.

Overall though great game, great job and the wife and I are still having lots of fun!

I believe you only need to kill orange con mobs to get kill task credit if you are in a duo, yellow if you are solo. I do wish they would allow eggs to drop at a reduced rate if you are duo, or even less if three are in a group...maybe eliminating them as a drop if you are four or five plus in a group.
Sun 3 Feb 2019 3:54 PM by Afuldan
PingGuy wrote:
Sun 3 Feb 2019 3:02 AM
I've duo'd a lot on Phoenix, and I find it's faster than soloing if you focus on xp item turn-in mobs. I've also solo'd a lot here, so I have plenty to compare it to. It depends on the class of course, but both my Blademaster and Warden have had more success with duos than with soloing.

You should only need oj mobs to gain kill credit. What I did was search up the exp items for my next few levels and search those camps for mobs that gave me kill tasks. Double farming, as it were.

The 40’s are grindy. Farm those exp items and kill tasks. Don’t be afraid to move camps often to grab a new kill task type. The RvR tasks give the same amount of xp per completion that kill tasks do, with the bonus of giving you some RP to get some RA’s before 50. Just accept that you will get ganked and run out anyways. Just make sure it isn’t a guard you die to.

A duo will be more efficient at farming exp items and kill tasks than a solo will, so leverage both of them in your advantage to keep your time/exp ratio high.

E:wrong quote. Whups. Meant for Ramu.
Sun 3 Feb 2019 8:12 PM by Jingo NZ
Ramu wrote:

The devs could reduce the mob con requirement by 1 colour for kill task credit when grouped. Like they did for level 1-20 killing blues. This will make it almost always better to group together. Increase casual interaction vs solo play.
Mon 4 Feb 2019 12:58 PM by Sepplord
Jingo NZ wrote:
Sun 3 Feb 2019 8:12 PM
Ramu wrote:

The devs could reduce the mob con requirement by 1 colour for kill task credit when grouped. Like they did for level 1-20 killing blues. This will make it almost always better to group together. Increase casual interaction vs solo play.

it is already like that UNLESS you have the specific case of killing yellow mobs as a duo. Because solos would get taskcredit.

Besides that special case, DUOing will always be faster, because the XP-punishment for every groupmember is really small on this server. Back on live you would get half of the XP that you got solo, with two people in group. Here it is, 90%? or something similar.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 9:38 PM by Roks
Will there be a reroll of what mobs get bonuses?
Thu 28 Feb 2019 4:08 AM by Takii
Roks wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 9:38 PM

?

The mob type bonuses are dynamic and updated in real time based off what's killed the most/least.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 4:36 PM by giodeth
Takii wrote:
Roks wrote:

?

The mob type bonuses are dynamic and updated in real time based off what's killed the most/least.

how is this calculated? It seems it maybe changes by 1 or 2 percentage points but I can't believe that the mass farming of wyverns day in and day out on mid doesn't change the dragon bonus? I do see it change slightly but its pretty insensitive such that the xp spots never really change.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 10:43 PM by Sepplord
A few dragonspots being pulled doesnt compare to the amount of humanoids/Demons killed permanently in DF/moderna/etc... (apparently)
Thu 28 Feb 2019 11:56 PM by Takii
giodeth wrote:
Thu 28 Feb 2019 4:36 PM
Takii wrote:
Roks wrote:

?

how is this calculated? It seems it maybe changes by 1 or 2 percentage points but I can't believe that the mass farming of wyverns day in and day out on mid doesn't change the dragon bonus? I do see it change slightly but its pretty insensitive such that the xp spots never really change.

On Hib when this was introduced, dragons were at 450%+ and over the course of a week or two went down to ~325% as people found the dragon camps.

On Mid when we didn't have DF for like 2 days, Demons went up from 0% to 75%.

I don't know exactly how it's calculated but it definitely adjusts based on whats the most killed thing.
Mon 1 Apr 2019 10:40 PM by Milchschnidde
I am duoing with a friend, well it is somehow faster then soloing, but it gets difficult when 1 player is lvl 34 and the other is 33, orange mobs are needet which sometimes are red for the lower one mate. Its basicly a debuff to not be in the exact level. I would suggest to balancing that for the the lower level dude to become tasks even if the mob is yellow for the group member refering to small partys not huge petpull partys if not more then 4 player and level difference not more then 4 levels.
Tue 2 Apr 2019 2:27 AM by Quik
Milchschnidde wrote:
Mon 1 Apr 2019 10:40 PM
I am duoing with a friend, well it is somehow faster then soloing, but it gets difficult when 1 player is lvl 34 and the other is 33, orange mobs are needet which sometimes are red for the lower one mate. Its basicly a debuff to not be in the exact level. I would suggest to balancing thath for the the lower level dude to become tasks even if the mob is yellow for the group member refering to small partys not hughe petpull partys if not more then 4 player and level difference not more then 4 levels.

At lvl 30+ a LOT of classes can solo reds, let alone a duo soloing an OJ to the 34 and red to the 33. It really shouldn't be an issue unless you are really playing classes that are both dependent on a full group, maybe a bard/druid or healer/healer or cleric/cleric etc.

Pretty much any duo should be able to handle single reds easy and multiple if they are the right set up.
Thu 4 Apr 2019 6:52 PM by Milchschnidde
Quik wrote:
Tue 2 Apr 2019 2:27 AM
Milchschnidde wrote:
Mon 1 Apr 2019 10:40 PM
I am duoing with a friend, well it is somehow faster then soloing, but it gets difficult when 1 player is lvl 34 and the other is 33, orange mobs are needet which sometimes are red for the lower one mate. Its basicly a debuff to not be in the exact level. I would suggest to balancing thath for the the lower level dude to become tasks even if the mob is yellow for the group member refering to small partys not hughe petpull partys if not more then 4 player and level difference not more then 4 levels.

At lvl 30+ a LOT of classes can solo reds, let alone a duo soloing an OJ to the 34 and red to the 33. It really shouldn't be an issue unless you are really playing classes that are both dependent on a full group, maybe a bard/druid or healer/healer or cleric/cleric etc.

Pretty much any duo should be able to handle single reds easy and multiple if they are the right set up.

I guess you dont get it, i thought it as a "catch-up" mechanic, so the higher guy will not get task, but instead the lower guy will get them, also if the mobs are yellow for the higher mates. Its not about what is possible or not, if you are a caster -red mobs can be difficult in terms of resistance and if your mate is for example a 34 warden and you are a 33 eldtritch it gets pretty difficult (for example you where unlucky an died a lot because of unatented aggro in dungeons etc) so you get left behind.

My thoughts where to balance that issue in small partys <=4 ppls. every full group party still works fine an can balance that out due mass.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 10:27 PM by cody8690
Noob question. Where can I find tinder boxes? Are they available right at lvl 1 or?
Thu 18 Apr 2019 10:54 PM by romulus
Tinders (aka campfires) are available as random drops while in any FZ zone, including DF.
FZ zones may be extremely challenging as a level 1 character, though once you have a few levels under your belt you should be able to farm them pretty easily.

Check the features under 'resting' for details
http://playphoenix.wiki/miscellaneous-changes/
Wed 5 Jun 2019 7:46 PM by ultraboykj
Champ Vest is still not changed.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Planned Changes or the latest topics