[Implemented] FAQ: Realmwide Tasks (long-term)

Started 10 Oct 2018
by Uthred
in Planned Changes
We will implement with the next update realmwide tasks. It is the first of a series of new tasks, that we will put in. We differentiate these tasks in long, medium and short tasks. You already know the short ones pretty well. Those are the 3 RvR tasks (Kill in a Porterzone, attack/defend a Keep and Domination). The next patch will bring in the realmwide, long-term tasks.

But before I go further into details, here are some new commands:

/task: It will show the actual short-term RvR task (Kill in a Porterzone, attack/defend a Keep and Domination) and all your personal tasks where you atleast killed one mob/player/guard, etc.
/task realm: This command will show you all realmwide tasks (RvR, PvE & Crafting)
/task personal: This command will show you all personal tasks

The realmwide long-term tasks can be divided into 3 different categories: RvR, PvE and Crafting. All of them are running permanently. If one of them is finished, it automatically resets and starts over again. The Reward for completing a task is a time-based buff for the whole realm, no matter if you helped completing the task or not. It is a 5% buff of either xp, rps, or craftingspeed for one day. Only the feather-buff lasts for seven days.

Here is the list of all new tasks:

RvR
Kill amount X of enemy players – Reward: 5% Rp-Bonus for 24h
Kill amount X of caravans – Reward: 5% Rp-Bonus for 24h
Take amount X of enemy keeps – Reward 5% Rp-Bonus for 24h
Defend amount X of realm keeps – Reward 5% Rp-Bonus for 24h
Take amount X of enemy relics – Reward 5% Rp-Bonus for 24h

PvE
Kill amount X of Mobs in the FZ – Reward: 5% Xp-Bonus for 24h and 1% XP-Bonus permanent in FZ
Kill amount X of Mobs in any Dungeons – Reward: 5% Xp-Bonus for 24h and 1% XP-Bonus permanent in Dungeons
Kill amount X of Animal-Mobs – Reward: 5% Xp-Bonus for 24h and 1% XP-Bonus permanent against Animal-Mobs
Kill amount X of Demon-Mobs – Reward: 5% Xp-Bonus for 24h and 1% XP-Bonus permanent against Demon-Mobs
Kill amount X of Dragon-Mobs – Reward: 5% Xp-Bonus for 24h and 1% XP-Bonus permanent against Dragon-Mobs
Kill amount X of Elemental-Mobs – Reward: 5% Xp-Bonus for 24h and 1% XP-Bonus permanent against Elemental-Mobs
Kill amount X of Giant-Mobs – Reward: 5% Xp-Bonus for 24h and 1% XP-Bonus permanent against Giant-Mobs
Kill amount X of Humanoid-Mobs – Reward: 5% Xp-Bonus for 24h and 1% XP-Bonus permanent against Humanoid-Mobs
Kill amount X of Insect-Mobs – Reward: 5% Xp-Bonus for 24h and 1% XP-Bonus permanent against Insect-Mobs
Kill amount X of Magical-Mobs – Reward: 5% Xp-Bonus for 24h and 1% XP-Bonus permanent against Magical-Mobs
Kill amount X of Reptile-Mobs – Reward: 5% Xp-Bonus for 24h and 1% XP-Bonus permanent against Reptile-Mobs
Kill amount X of Plant-Mobs – Reward: 5% Xp-Bonus for 24h and 1% XP-Bonus permanent against Plant-Mobs
Kill amount X of Undead-Mobs – Reward: 5% Xp-Bonus for 24h and 1% XP-Bonus permanent against Undead-Mobs
Reach amount X of Level Ups – Reward: 5% Xp-Bonus for 24h and 1% XP-Bonus permanent
Kill amount X of Bosses in Epic Dungeons – Reward: 5% more Feather for 7 days
Kill amount X of the realm Dragon – Reward: 5% more Feather for 7 days

Crafting
Reach amount X of players that have 1k skill in a primary crafting skill – Reward: 5% Craftspeed for 24h (if one player has 2 primaries with 1k, he does count as two)
Craft amount X of Lvl 51 MP Weapons – Reward: 5% Craftspeed
Craft amount X of Lvl 51 MP Armor – Reward: 5% Craftspeed

All Bonuses stack with all existing Bonuses. I didnt put in the numbers yet, as all those numbers arent set into stone and will be adjusted in the future several times. We will monitor the new tasks and will change the amount as we think it is needed. Also we are very interested in your feedback, so feel free to tell us about your experience with those new tasks.
Wed 10 Oct 2018 10:32 PM by Turtle006
I like these, at a first glance I feel that the reward for taking a relic should last longer than 24 hours though. Maybe 7 days or until you lose a relic?
Wed 10 Oct 2018 11:39 PM by florin
Ah yes I like these - having my actions whether in pve, rvr, or crafting to help benefit the realm more visibly via bonus does build some realm cohesion.

Thanks!
Wed 10 Oct 2018 11:55 PM by defiasbandit
Cool addition to the task system. i was thinking for the tasks there could point system that tracks all of these stats, then have each realm be compared against the other.

Have them tracked for about a month or so, then after a month reset the totals and allow the realms to compete against eachother for an entire week.

The realm with the highest % of the total in the final week would be declared the winner.

Let's say there 100,000 points during that one month.

For example, after one month 40% (40,0000) of total points is Midgard, 25% (25,000) is Albion, and 35% (35,000) is Hibernia. After one month, reset the points to give Midgard a moderate headstart (5000), Hibernia a slight headstart (2500), and Albion no headstart (0).

Let the realms battle for a week over RvR tasks, and at the end of the one week one realm comes ahead and is declared the winner. Everyone on the winning realm can earn special cosmetics, titles etc.. for their realm's victory. Maybe even let the winning realm invade another realm.

Turn it into a competition of sorts. This idea could be much more refined, but we need a more competitive/goal driven overarching purpose for the RvR tasks.

I'd also add some more specific realm tasks for small manners in certain zones.
Thu 11 Oct 2018 12:19 AM by Uthred
Please stick to the topic. This thread is not about new suggestions on (seasonal) tasks. Please comment in this thread only on the new long-term tasks. Thx.

PS: We will not put in seasons.
Thu 11 Oct 2018 12:21 AM by Ganaka
The personal PVE tasks reset after logging out. Will this stay? Or will the level become persistent between logins?
Thu 11 Oct 2018 1:08 AM by defiasbandit
Add some of the personal tasks to the realm task list. Think its a great for different playstyles to be able to contribute. There could be turn in items so if you turn in a certain number x items you can complete a realm task too. I would consider tiering the bonuses for different tasks so some give more and some less.

So for example:

Collect and turn in items from certain mobs in Snowdonia. (10% xp bonus) Higher risk/reward

Collect and turn in items from certain mobs in Mount Collory. (10% xp bonus) Higher risk/reward

Also have small man tasks that count towards realm tasks:

Kill x players as a solo. (5% rp bonus)

Kill x players as a duo. (5% rp bonus)

I like the new expansion of the task system. I am hoping there can be more group/zone specific ones to encourage certain playstyles.
Thu 11 Oct 2018 5:32 AM by Leith
I think this is a great idea, concerning the crafting and XP tasks. But Do we really need more things to give players more rps? And to have them stack seems to be a bad idea for me. In low rrs it's pretty sweet, but after rr5 you should gain rps much slower. I know you want to adjust all that, but having that many high rr Players in the herald after that short time is just crazy. Especially if it gets to stealthers.

And i don't think it is just all because of the events which took place.

I just don't want to see a majority of players being rr7+ After 6 month or so. Bit scared about that :-)
Thu 11 Oct 2018 7:53 AM by Uthred
@defias
there will be more tasks implemented the next days. medium-term realmwide tasks, medium-term guild-tasks and once guild-tasks. We will not add tasks that are grp-size specific except those already existing personal tasks.

@leith
we are planning that realmwide rvr-tasks are completed once every ten days, so you will not have all the time 5% (or even more) rp-bonus. we will adjust the numbers during Beta, especially during i50 as we hope/think that there will be higher numbers of players as there are atm.
Thu 11 Oct 2018 8:09 AM by defiasbandit
Uthred wrote:
Thu 11 Oct 2018 7:53 AM
@defias
there will be more tasks implemented the next days. medium-term realmwide tasks, medium-term guild-tasks and once guild-tasks. We will not add tasks that are grp-size specific except those already existing personal tasks.

@leith
we are planning that realmwide rvr-tasks are completed once every ten days, so you will not have all the time 5% (or even more) rp-bonus. we will adjust the numbers during Beta, especially during i50 as we hope/think that there will be higher numbers of players as there are atm.

What about solo realmwide tasks? I just think its cool to use some of the personal tasks as part of the realm task system. So certain players can contribute to their realm with their own playstyle. I just think its too vague right now, but the new tasks being implemented over the next few days sounds interesting.
Thu 11 Oct 2018 11:41 AM by Tree
I hope the 24h timer only runs when you are playing, otherwise it will encourage addictive behaviour, like "Oh gosh I have to get up and go to work in 6 hours, but this RP bonus is sooo sweet, I better keep playing a few hours more"...
You get what I mean, no pressure for DAoC
Thu 11 Oct 2018 9:01 PM by Leith
Uthred wrote:
Thu 11 Oct 2018 7:53 AM
@defias

@leith

Thanks for all your hard work! Just saw your i50 Post. Sounds good! We'll see how the xp changes will work out. Keep it up!
Fri 12 Oct 2018 5:30 PM by gruenesschaf
PvE tasks that give the 24h XP bonus will now additionally give 1% permanent bonus in the zone they are for / against the mob type. Ie: completing the kill mobs in dungeons task will give a 24h 5% xp bonus for all kill xp and a permanent 1% xp bonus for kill xp done in dungeons. The permanent xp bonus stacks and will hence over time become a noticable xp bonus which should help new players that join the server later.

Updated the initial post.
Fri 12 Oct 2018 6:39 PM by Ganaka
gruenesschaf wrote:
Fri 12 Oct 2018 5:30 PM
PvE tasks that give the 24h XP bonus will now additionally give 1% permanent bonus in the zone they are for / against the mob type. Ie: completing the kill mobs in dungeons task will give a 24h 5% xp bonus for all kill xp and a permanent 1% xp bonus for kill xp done in dungeons. The permanent xp bonus stacks and will hence over time become a noticable xp bonus which should help new players that join the server later.

Updated the initial post.

Awesome. Is there anyway to make the permanent bonus affect damage or defense against the mob that you leveled up in? This would make the levels relevant after level 50. It would give PVE players something noticeable and would make them different then the PVP players.Four instance, If a character hit level two versus undead, he will get a permanent small bonus to attack and/or defense against undead only.
Fri 12 Oct 2018 8:13 PM by Kampfar
Permanent for realm, Account, char?
Sat 13 Oct 2018 8:14 AM by Leith
Kampfar wrote:
Fri 12 Oct 2018 8:13 PM
Permanent for realm, Account, char?

"additionally give 1% permanent bonus in the zone they are for / against the mob type. Ie: completing the kill mobs in dungeons task will give a 24h 5% xp bonus for all kill xp and a permanent 1% xp bonus for kill xp done in dungeons."

If the dungeon XP Bonus is achieved all dungeons in this realm receive the permanent bonus. So it is location bound, not char or Account
Sun 14 Oct 2018 8:09 AM by Pendalith
crafting realmwide task duration
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Planned Changes or the latest topics