[Implemented] FAQ: RvR Tasks, Daily Feather Bonus & PvE Tasks - Part 1

Started 31 Aug 2018
by Uthred
in Planned Changes
General
All tasks are listed with /task. You will get all tasks when creating your character, you dont have to talk to any NPC to start or to finish them. All tasks are resetted daily and are infinite. The "classic" /whipser-task were removed entirely.

Realm RvR Tasks
There are two different kind of Realm RvR Tasks at the moment. Attack Keep „X“ and Fight in Zone „X“. Once a task is completed you will get a reward (if you took part) and it will instantly start a new task. Both, Keep and Zone, are randomly choosen.

Attack Keep X
Every Keep in OF has the possibility to become a target. All members of the realm that owns the keep are defenders, all members of the other two realms are the attackers. There are two different ways of completing the task. One is to succesfully attack and raid the keep, the other is to succesfully defend the keep.

Attack Completion
This is quite simple. The attackers kill the lord, the keep ownership changes from one realm to another.

Defend Completion
Besides hitting the gates or a guard, every kill in the area of a keep counts as an attack on the keep. If there are no kills and no attacks on the gate/the guards for 5-10 minutes in a row, the attack has failed and the defenders win.

Rewards
You have to differentiate between the reward for the RvR Task and the general reward for a keep siege (RP Pool Reward), that you will get after every keep fight.

RvR Task Reward
Completing a RvR Task gives you rps, bps and gold. Everyone that is in the area of the keep gets 10 rps per minute as long as this keep is the target of a task.
The RvR Task gives 5k rps as reward depending on your RR and if you are level 50 (players below 50 get less). All players that took part in the task (attackers and defenders) will get this reward. It doesnt matter if your realm did win this task or not.
If you are RR 1 to 3, you will always get the whole 5k per task. If you are RR 4 or higher, you will get less.
The formula is = [3 divided by your RR * 5000]. RR 1-3 = 5k, RR 4 = 3.75k, RR 5 = 3k and so on. In addition to this you may get a bonus because of the underpopulation bonus. Check /underpop command.

RP Pool Reward
The second reward you will get is the reward for taking part in a keep fight. Every kill during a keep fight is collected in a pool. At the end of the keep fight, the pool is distributed between all players that took part. The winners will get 75% of it, the losers 25%. In this case only the realm that owns the keep is the winner realm.
Example: Fight between Hibs (75 players) and Mids (50 players). Rp pool of 100k. Hibs win.
Winner gets 75k rps of the pool / 75 players = 1k additional rps for every Hib.
Loser gets 25k rps of the pool / 50 players = 500 additional rps for every Mid.

Fight in Zone X
At the moment there are only three possible Zones (HW, Emain and OG), we may add more zones at a later point.
Every player-kill in that zone will be added until the goal of 5000 points is reached. Every player is worth those points, depending on the level of the killed player. It is basically one point per level, so a lvl 50 player will add 50 points. This 5000 points are just a counter towards reaching the goal and finishing the task.
Every RvR-activity in a task-zone gives you „participation“-points. You get them for killing, healing, making damage, dying (not kidding), rezzing people. Those activities give a different amount of „participation“-points. Killing for example gives you more points than healing.
Besides that, a percentage of all rps that are made in this zone while being a task-zone, will be added to the rp pool. When the goal is reached, the rp pool will be divided between all that took part and that are online when completing the task. The more „participation“-points you made, the higher your reward will be. If you are grouped all „participation“-points of players in your group will be added and divided by the number of players in the group.
Example: Uthred got 2000 „participation“-points, Galahad only 200. Rp pool is 100k rps. The total of all „participation“-points is 200k.
Uthred: 100000 (rp pool) / 200000 (total „participation“-points) * 2000 „participation“-points = 1000 rps reward for the task
Galahad: 100000 (rp pool) / 200000 (total „participation“-points) * 200 „participation“-points = 100 rps reward for the task
You have to be active to get rps. The more, the better. Just standing afk in that zone will not give any rps.

Daily Feather Bonus
Every succesful keepraid gives you 10 feathers per keeplevel. Every day you can also get additional 500 feathers for raiding or defending keeps. Depending on the Rp pool of a keep fight and if your realm is the winner or the loser, you will get feathers as reward. The longer a keep fight, the higher the Rp pool will be. So it may be possible that you will get the daily feathers bonus with only one or two keeps.

Personal RvR Tasks
Kill enemy players = Kill any players from enemy realms. Greys dont count into this. You can do this task solo or in group.
Kill enemy players alone = Kill any players from enemy realms when you are solo. Greys dont count into this. An enemy player kill only counts for this task, if no one else but you damaged the player and if you didnt get any help from a friendly healer.
Kill keep guards = Kill guards from enemy realms. You can do this task solo or in group.

Personal PvE Tasks
PvE Tasks give xp and coins. Even at level 50 you still have them and will be able to finish them and get the reward. The reward is always the same, depending on your level. After finishing one task, there will follow a new one, that needs more mobs to kill. This goes up to 250 mobs per task.
This mob con grant credit to the task depending on the your level and groupsize:
Solo:
    Level 1 to 19 = blue
    from Level 20 to 50 = yellow
Duo:
    Level 1 to 19 = yellow
    from Level 20 to 50 = orange
Group of 3 to 5:
    Level 1 to 19 = orange
Group of 6 to 8:
    Level 1 to 19 = orange
    from Level 20 to 50 = red
It is possible to kill one mob and to get credit for multiple tasks. For example hulks in DF give credit for demon creatures, creatures in the frontier and creatures in dungeons.
Fri 31 Aug 2018 3:46 PM by relvinian
I think these tasks are interesting and can bring an element of fun.

That being said, it changes the paradigm from player driven to player reacting.

I think it could be used like the football or the special bgs as a fun event. But i think standard tasks for rvr (which have always been sort of optional) allow for player driven pvp rather than players reacting.

I also think that this sort of thing 24/7 will have consequences on some alternative but legitimate playstyles such as solo/pk/anti, etc.

ATM, in the current paradigm there is ZERO need to go to the frontier for xp, just do xp items. Even solo you can probably get 1 to 50 in 4-5 days on almost any class.

If these changes go in there will be:

1. Set groups. Doing tasks, farming solos and pugs.
2. Pug groups. Doing tasks, being farmed by set groups, farming solos, fighting the odd pug.
3. Stealthers and speed solos, doing tasks. Doing tasks, farming solos. Odd fighting of each other.
4. Keep campers, like animists who just camp a keep until their number comes up. Kill mobs in pve. Logout in a keep. Watch TV, wait until tasks comes, defend keep.

Traditional rvr will be sort of a thing of the past. Players will just form groups and run task to task. The set groups will become rr 10 in some kind of crazy record time and the casuals will be even more helpless food. But helpless food u can locate, as they will be near the task area.
Fri 31 Aug 2018 9:32 PM by Vack
The implementation of these tasks in game are not supporting your post.

There has been examples of all the play styles going on with the tasks at all hours of the day. Action is constant and we are in beta. I imagine even more of it on a live release.

It’s been great, and action at keeps is also really fun. Or blockading other realms from getting to the keeps, or the all out fights.

This system is brilliant, and by the diminishing returns with RR, end game will be much more balanced with folks being able to achieve higher RR in order to compete.

This system is an inclusive system and I think can go a long way for the over all health of the community.
Sat 1 Sep 2018 3:15 PM by Magesty
If the concern is players have no choice in which keep to attack wouldn’t the simple solution be to make the realm task occasionally be more general like “take a Hibernian keep” or even “take an enemy keep”.

I think the task system is brilliant. I haven’t been able to test it out as much as I’d like, but anything that facilitates RvR is a good thing in my book. OF is a void of misery for all but 8mans and stealthers without organization. If there aren’t Zerg leaders that step up that has to be forced via in game structure.

It does seem that perhaps the rewards are a little too high, but that is easy enough to tweak as the beta goes on.
Sat 1 Sep 2018 3:28 PM by relvinian
I was realm rank 1L1 with 0 rps on my lvl 48 friar.

Joined 2 people to do neck quest.

Never set foot in frontier. Received 2441 rps for my action in frontier, I assume from being grouped with someone who went there.
Sat 1 Sep 2018 3:30 PM by relvinian
Magesty wrote:
Sat 1 Sep 2018 3:15 PM
If the concern is players have no choice in which keep to attack wouldn’t the simple solution be to make the realm task occasionally be more general like “take a Hibernian keep” or even “take an enemy keep”.

I think the task system is brilliant. I haven’t been able to test it out as much as I’d like, but anything that facilitates RvR is a good thing in my book. OF is a void of misery for all but 8mans and stealthers without organization. If there aren’t Zerg leaders that step up that has to be forced via in game structure.

It does seem that perhaps the rewards are a little too high, but that is easy enough to tweak as the beta goes on.

That is an interesting suggestion instead of take specific keep, take keep in zone x.

But how would that work exactly? What if more than one group were to attack more than one keep.
Sat 1 Sep 2018 4:00 PM by Magesty
First one taken...? There is eventually going to be some sort of RW map and it is fairly easy to /who and communicate if needed.
Wed 12 Sep 2018 8:40 AM by hend
I feel like it stills too many rps but to me the main issue : Tasks are changing too much and too fast so people are spending most of their time porting and suiciding. Even when you try to intercept the players you reach a good spot, you find fights and then BOOM new task and you have to reposition again (10 minutes wasted?).

I feel like you have to set the action in an area for longer. The task can be "Attack the Mount Pennyn Keeps" or "attack albion keeps" and last for minimum one hour. Tasks are sometime creating good dynamics, for exemple a zerg is forming and capture a keep. But when the task changes, it breaks the dynamic instantly cause everybody have to suicide or walk back and the dynamic has to start again from 0.
It would be way better if when a dynamic is good, it keeps going. A zerg capture a keep and then try to capture all the keeps in the zone. The consequence of that will be none zergy players will also find more confort because they can setup traps all along the road from the PK to the zerg area.

ps :Another detail, I think suiciding on a keep without fighting should never give any reward.
Fri 21 Sep 2018 8:29 AM by Vack
I think the current RP distribution is spot on. More RR 5’s the better the fights. We have experienced this since the task release.

Unless you want to have the server become an 8 man eliteset only server, the tasks need to remain as is. Casual people, ones I’ve spoken to and play with are enthralled about it. Even giddy at times that they can gain rps for tasks and “Keep of with the Jones’ if you will”

All players should encourage higher RRplayers. It makes this game a lot of fun. It’s easy to steam roll RR 2’s. Not so much When they have higher RR. Give the family man a shot at playing a game and enjoying it like he did when he was single. (Or she)

So props to the devs for recognizing this and implementing a system that keeps the playing field the most level it’s ever been, on any server.
Sun 30 Dec 2018 11:16 AM by Uthred
Updated the first post.

This mob con grant credit to the task depending on the your level and groupsize:
Solo:
    Level 1 to 19 = blue
    from Level 20 to 50 = yellow
Duo:
    Level 1 to 19 = yellow
Group of 3 to 5:
    Level 1 to 19 = orange
Group of 6 to 8:
    Level 1 to 19 = orange
    from Level 20 to 50 = red
Sun 30 Dec 2018 3:49 PM by Frigzy
Uthred wrote:
Fri 31 Aug 2018 11:18 AM
RvR Task Reward
Completing a RvR Task gives you rps, bps and gold.

I was under the impression RvR tasks also grant XP?
Sun 30 Dec 2018 4:14 PM by Uthred
It does if you are below level 50.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Planned Changes or the latest topics