[Implemented] Craft time will be enabled

Started 12 Aug 2018
by gruenesschaf
in Planned Changes
On Wednesday the 15th we will enable craft time.

The RvR score and capital city bonus should give you by default a ~50% reduction (20% from the capital city + your realms rvr score %), in addition there will be a quest line to get an entire crafter set which will have capped strength and lifter 3 as stats as well as another 50% craft time bonus, these 2 bonuses will "stack" like primary and secondary resists: first the rvrscore + capital bonuses are used and then the item bonus on the remaining time.

Salvaging will be set to 1 seconds, regardless of amount or material level. Secondary crafts (hinging etc.) will be set to 1 seconds, regardless of amount or material level.

The craft time for the primary professions will no longer depend on the ingredient amount or material level, instead it will be based on the skill alone. Skill 1000 recipes will be the baseline: they will take 100 seconds (~50 seconds with rvr score / capital bonuses, 25 seconds when also wearing the crafter set). To give a couple more examples, without any bonuses skill 15 would be about .5 seconds, skill 50 2.8 seconds, skill 500 about 44 seconds and skill 900 about 88 seconds and finally 1100 about 111 seconds.

Some exceptions will be made for poisons and arrows etc. to make them quicker than the normal formula
Mon 13 Aug 2018 9:17 AM by Dragonn
Super !!
Mon 13 Aug 2018 9:50 AM by cage
bad !!
Mon 13 Aug 2018 10:01 AM by Druth
If you keep in /craftque
I do not mind at all.
Mon 13 Aug 2018 10:33 PM by Sayuri
that is pretty sad many player will not craft for other player as well, like me i will not do sc to another player after this change
Mon 13 Aug 2018 10:48 PM by Aincrad
I think this is a good change. This will help the economy in my opinion as people will not get up crafting and will have to pay/rely on others to do it for them.
Mon 13 Aug 2018 11:20 PM by rubaduck
Finally crafting will become worth something and may become an economic purpose as well as a tool for the guild. Just please PLEASE don't wipe existing crafters.
Tue 14 Aug 2018 12:48 AM by Takii
rubaduck wrote:
Mon 13 Aug 2018 11:20 PM
Finally crafting will become worth something and may become an economic purpose as well as a tool for the guild. Just please PLEASE don't wipe existing crafters.

What part of Beta is confusing? Why would they not wipe crafters?
Tue 14 Aug 2018 1:24 AM by rubaduck
Takii wrote:
Tue 14 Aug 2018 12:48 AM
rubaduck wrote:
Mon 13 Aug 2018 11:20 PM

What part of Beta is confusing? Why would they not wipe crafters?

You can spare me the saltyness as I do not appreciate it one bit.

I will not become furious if they wipe the crafters, but even though the crafting has been swift a lot of time has been put in to farm money in the game to craft. If the moneysink was on a beta level I wouldn't bat an eye at it but since it is time consuming, wiping that progress is still a nuisance.
Tue 14 Aug 2018 6:30 AM by aso
Hope you dye
Tue 14 Aug 2018 6:38 AM by Topenga
Sayuri wrote:
Mon 13 Aug 2018 10:33 PM
that is pretty sad many player will not craft for other player as well, like me i will not do sc to another player after this change

You have never loved crafting in the first place then
It was pretty clear from the start that this was only intended for testing purposes...so at least a legendary title does mean something again...like it.
Tue 14 Aug 2018 7:22 AM by Sayuri
stop cry about economy... if you cry about that you dont know how to make money actually i did at least 6p yesterday (did something like 4 full sc) with only spellcrafting... there are a bunch of player that is not upping crafting, for my self i did it cause it was fast but after the change i will not craft for anyone so for the player that dont up it... it will be a pain
Tue 14 Aug 2018 1:25 PM by Chaskha
Crafting in DAoC was intended for people who like to trade.
- I craft this for you, this is my price. Do we have a deal ?
It is for people who would rather do some commerce instead of farming.

Good change !
Tue 14 Aug 2018 3:20 PM by Aincrad
Sayuri wrote:
Tue 14 Aug 2018 7:22 AM
stop cry about economy... if you cry about that you dont know how to make money actually i did at least 6p yesterday (did something like 4 full sc) with only spellcrafting... there are a bunch of player that is not upping crafting, for my self i did it cause it was fast but after the change i will not craft for anyone so for the player that dont up it... it will be a pain

haha you sound like a real team player. I will craft for others then and get the money for myself. Crafting times are still going to be WAY faster than what they were before making this change (on Live, not on BETA). Also they already explained the crafting times were the way they are specifically for BETA and it was going to be changed. No idea why people are complaining so much about this. Again I am glad they have made this custom change instead of keeping crafting the way it was meant to be.
Tue 14 Aug 2018 5:04 PM by Xenosapien
Where was this explained? In the discord where you have to scroll up through 500+ messages of junk?
Tue 14 Aug 2018 5:23 PM by Aincrad
Xenosapien wrote:
Tue 14 Aug 2018 5:04 PM
Where was this explained? In the discord where you have to scroll up through 500+ messages of junk?

It may have been explained on the discord but that is definitely not where I saw it as I rarely look at the discord. It may have been talked about in other places but below are 2 different examples. The crafting times were going to be set to their proper amount but the devs provided a custom change for us.

https://playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=954&p=4951&hilit=craft+time#p4951
https://playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1470&p=7744&hilit=craft+time#p7744

Idk, there may be others.
Tue 14 Aug 2018 6:36 PM by FrackinReavers
RIP Crafting. lol. See how it goes, Im guessing not well. Who wants to sit around and craft all day at this point in the game? LOL.
Wed 15 Aug 2018 4:06 PM by rubaduck
FrackinReavers wrote:
Tue 14 Aug 2018 6:36 PM
RIP Crafting. lol. See how it goes, Im guessing not well. Who wants to sit around and craft all day at this point in the game? LOL.

I will craft on downtime, and I'm guessing I'm not alone on that.
Wed 15 Aug 2018 10:15 PM by cyberhawk000
Where do you start the quest line for the crafting gear and is it enabled?
Wed 15 Aug 2018 11:49 PM by Armsmancer
cyberhawk000 wrote:
Wed 15 Aug 2018 10:15 PM
Where do you start the quest line for the crafting gear and is it enabled?

For alb its a guy with the daoc logo above his head next to vault people really hard to miss, likely similar in other realms
Thu 16 Aug 2018 12:19 PM by Sanglante
K problem with craft quest on mid
if you log off you loose quest.
And i was impossible to find last mob close to behn for an hour.
Fri 17 Aug 2018 5:06 PM by aso
thanks admins for dont pushing to far with qol changes
crafting was always a mater of time, and thats how it should stay
Fri 17 Aug 2018 6:58 PM by rubaduck
Since the changes in crafting timers has hit the server I have ended up selling most of my crafted stuff on the CM. Looks like this was a very refreshing thing to do for the economy for crafters. Thank you devs.
Tue 21 Aug 2018 11:53 PM by Frigzy
Just to be clear, the craft times on live will be as normal but with a 50% speed increase when you have completed the quest?
Wed 22 Aug 2018 12:23 AM by gruenesschaf
The craft times are like 1.65 with about 50% bonus in capital cities and an additional 50% bonus once you have the craft armor -> 1/4th of 1.65 craft times.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Planned Changes or the latest topics