New /payrent command

Started 3 Aug 2019
by gruenesschaf
in Planned Changes
With the gold now being shared between all characters in a realm on an account we can now add another QoL improvement, paying rent via a command for all realms. This feature was until now more or less impossible due to the complexity to handle all corner cases involved as the system that saves money per character also saved the last online time and a couple more usually updating stats about characters, and the last online time is used for the realm timer. Separating this out for this one use case alone would have opened up a ton of corner cases.

Anyways, with this no longer being an issue we will introduce the following command soon:
/payrent <realm|all> <personal|guild|all> <amount|max>

Examples:
/payrent all all max: pay rent to the maximum value for all houses you own in any realm and for houses owned by guilds one of your characters is inside and you have the permission to pay rent.

/payrent alb personal 50g: pay up to 50g into your personal house in albion
/payrent all guild 50g: pay up to 50g into each house owned by guilds one of your characters is inside and you have the permission to pay rent
Sat 3 Aug 2019 8:55 PM by florin
This is cool and creative, thank you.

One question- is the limit still the same ? Can I prepay several plat?
Sat 3 Aug 2019 8:57 PM by gruenesschaf
florin wrote:
Sat 3 Aug 2019 8:55 PM
This is cool and creative, thank you.

One question- is the limit still the same ? Can I prepay several plat?

The 4 rent payments limit will still be in place
Sat 3 Aug 2019 10:30 PM by Numatic
So you have to have at least one character logged out in your house?
Sat 3 Aug 2019 10:32 PM by florin
Numatic wrote:
Sat 3 Aug 2019 10:30 PM

I read that as character inside a guild not house
Sun 4 Aug 2019 12:57 AM by Numatic
florin wrote:
Sat 3 Aug 2019 10:32 PM
Numatic wrote:
Sat 3 Aug 2019 10:30 PM

I read that as character inside a guild not house

Ah, I misread. My bad. Thanks.
Sun 4 Aug 2019 7:26 AM by Chaskha
Nice job

Suggestion:
/payrent friend housenumber amountgolds
Sun 4 Aug 2019 8:03 AM by Glimmer
Better later than never, good job on this !
Sun 4 Aug 2019 8:06 AM by Killaloth
Thanks, this is useful stuff.

If the rent box is empty will the money be deducted from the consignment merchant? I heard contrasting opinions about this.
Sun 4 Aug 2019 9:33 AM by Uthred
Yes, it should.
Sun 4 Aug 2019 11:16 AM by Vkejai
In the future is the exchange mpc gonna be removed ? I do not like all my money available to me , especially as there are a lot of sad people selling things on merchants just to catch you for a few plat. I would be happier knowing we can keep some plat coins in the bank so to speak.
Sun 4 Aug 2019 5:50 PM by Numatic
Vkejai wrote:
Sun 4 Aug 2019 11:16 AM
In the future is the exchange mpc gonna be removed ? I do not like all my money available to me , especially as there are a lot of sad people selling things on merchants just to catch you for a few plat. I would be happier knowing we can keep some plat coins in the bank so to speak.

I think it was removed because it made it easier for gold sellers
Thu 15 Aug 2019 4:36 PM by Vkejai
Come to think of it why am I paying rent on a house I've already bought ??? Disable rent please. Buying a house should be enough on this QoL server.
Thu 15 Aug 2019 5:00 PM by shintacki
It's 50g a week for a basic house. You could farm for an hour and have enough for a months rent. Or just RvR and easily make enough to sustain your rent. Not sure it's worth even 5 minutes of dev time to address this non issue.
Fri 16 Aug 2019 6:44 AM by Sepplord
Vkejai wrote:
Thu 15 Aug 2019 4:36 PM
Come to think of it why am I paying rent on a house I've already bought ??? Disable rent please. Buying a house should be enough on this QoL server.

rename it to taxes / maintenance or anything else then...
If you believe buying a house reduces your operating costs to zero IRL your in for a surprise

Without such a mechanic taken plots would forever stay occupied, even if the person hasn't played for years.

It'S bad enough as it is, a guildie hasn't played in months and his house just got repossessed a few days ago. And it was the 100p house. If it had been a cheaper one he would still be occupying that plot until middle of 2019. (or if he have had more expensive stuff in his house merchant)
Sat 17 Aug 2019 3:35 PM by Vkejai
More houses are needed then . I believe they do that in real life too.
Sat 17 Aug 2019 4:13 PM by Boltman
So, when using this command, would the money come from your characters on the realm you are paying rent on or would it come from the realm that you are playing currently? ie...

House on alb paying rent on
I'm playing mid and pay rent on alb using this command
Would the rent come out of my alb characters cash or my mids?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Planned Changes or the latest topics