More Reskins

Started 29 Jul 2019
by gruenesschaf
in Planned Changes
We will add more reskins over the next few weeks, to that end we would like people to use our tracker, https://tracker.playphoenix.online, andmake one report per model. We will then decide per report if it will be introduced at this time or not.
Please do not suggest champion weapons and keep in mind that many items from later expansions have a much lower chance to be accepted due to the somewhat jarring style differences of some of the models.

Please only mention a single model per report unless it's the same item for different weapon types or armor classes (e.g. artifacts like guard of valor) or otherwise makes sense, e. g. an entire armor set or different weapons in the same style.

The reports should be made in this format:
Title: Reskin: Name
Description:
Model number(s)
Armor class (cloth, leather etc.) or weapon type (large weapon, axe, pole etc.), classes that were able to use it on live if applicable, source, expansion when it was introduced and any other information you think might be relevant.
Bonus points if you link to an image showing it.

Example:
Title: Reskin: Guard of Valor
Description:
Chest piece, Toa, Artifact, available to all classes
2122 - Cloth, Hib
2472 - Leather, Hib
2475 - Reinforced, Hib
Mon 29 Jul 2019 9:35 AM by Gosainkunda
Our prayers have been answered!
Mon 29 Jul 2019 9:37 AM by DasBier
Where can we find the needed numbers?
Mon 29 Jul 2019 9:48 AM by Nehm
You can look up item models here:

http://dol.merec.org
Mon 29 Jul 2019 10:22 AM by Tharlin
Reskins!!!

Gotta catch 'em all!
Mon 29 Jul 2019 10:23 AM by Tharlin
Would be awesome to give the epic armor reskin at least for the same class.
Mon 29 Jul 2019 11:56 AM by Glimmer
Very nice news !
Mon 29 Jul 2019 12:01 PM by florin
So...abomination can get his sword now?
Mon 29 Jul 2019 12:10 PM by keen
Have you considered instead of giving them out for free to use them to steer some stuff?
I just read in one thread a suggestion to use reskins to motivate ppl to organise dragon and sidi raids again.
It was suggested to must have cleared sidi certain amount on every char like achieving a title to use certain reskins.
I think this is worth thinking about since with new instances and fewer player it is much harder to form big pve raids. Most ppl have the encounters already and there is no benefit for them joining a sidi over a hoh/ds run.
Mon 29 Jul 2019 12:42 PM by florin
keen wrote:
Mon 29 Jul 2019 12:10 PM
Have you considered instead of giving them out for free to use them to steer some stuff?
I just read in one thread a suggestion to use reskins to motivate ppl to organise dragon and sidi raids again.
It was suggested to must have cleared sidi certain amount on every char like achieving a title to use certain reskins.
I think this is worth thinking about since with new instances and fewer player it is much harder to form big pve raids. Most ppl have the encounters already and there is no benefit for them joining a sidi over a hoh/ds run.

Great idea- would love a custom skin for titles like lone enforcer
Mon 29 Jul 2019 3:02 PM by Nildain
I guess I can't speak for all of the Champion weapons, but I feel like some of them are pretty tasteful and not terrible jarring. I suppose you guys wouldn't put them in unless every class got access to theirs, and so that rules them all out? It's a shame.
Mon 29 Jul 2019 4:53 PM by gruenesschaf
The champion weapons are excluded as the intention was / is to have some other way to obtain them eventually
Mon 29 Jul 2019 6:02 PM by ethenx
stygian delta cloth robe (hib)
stygian delta cloth robe (alb)
stygian delta cloth vest (mid)
Mon 29 Jul 2019 6:44 PM by Treehuggin
If I wanted to make a suggestion to allow the skin of steeple hats for all armor classes, such as the Halloween helm on live is, how would I go about formatting that?
Mon 29 Jul 2019 8:13 PM by Nildain
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 29 Jul 2019 4:53 PM
The champion weapons are excluded as the intention was / is to have some other way to obtain them eventually

Ah, okay. I hope you guys figure out how you want to do that soon. I'm in love with the Champion-Champion weapons.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 4:09 PM by Uthred
I started today on adding the first new reskins. If you want some more added, do it like described in the first post. First ones should be already available.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 4:21 PM by Luluko
keen wrote:
Mon 29 Jul 2019 12:10 PM

I could see some people even returning if you could get them through pvp, but I doubt anyone who stopped playing would return for new skins if he is forced to do pve he already hated doing before after 40+ epic dungeon raids you just dont wanna see that place again
Wed 31 Jul 2019 7:11 AM by inoeth
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 29 Jul 2019 4:53 PM

would love if they would be actual weapons with stats and procs etc maybe also obtainable in a special quest or something
Wed 31 Jul 2019 9:44 AM by Ibs
Cool idea. I'd suggest the dragon helms, specifically the hib item numbers in this report.

Title: Reskin: Hib Dragonslayer Full Helm
Description:
Helm, Dragon Drop in hib, available to Cloth/leather / reinforced
4061- Leather, Hib
4062- Reinforced, Hib
4063 - Cloth, Hib

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Added Cloth 4063
Wed 31 Jul 2019 10:22 AM by kiectred
Ibs wrote:
Wed 31 Jul 2019 9:44 AM
Cool idea. I'd suggest the dragon helms, specifically the hib item numbers in this report.

Description:
4061- Leather, Hib
4062- Reinforced, Hib
4063 - Cloth, Hib

Thanks for reading.

Did you make an actual request the way they suggested in the very first post?
Wed 31 Jul 2019 10:28 AM by Ibs
kiectred wrote:
Wed 31 Jul 2019 10:22 AM
Ibs wrote:

Description:
4061- Leather, Hib
4062- Reinforced, Hib
4063 - Cloth, Hib

Thanks for reading.

I really want this helm >< lol
Wed 31 Jul 2019 10:33 AM by Stoertebecker
Hunters Epic Bow...or Galvorne Skins
Wed 31 Jul 2019 10:34 AM by kiectred
Ibs wrote:
Wed 31 Jul 2019 10:28 AM
kiectred wrote:
Ibs wrote:

Description:
4061- Leather, Hib
4062- Reinforced, Hib
4063 - Cloth, Hib

Thanks for reading.

That doesn't answer the question....

Go back and read the first post and make an official request. I don't think it counts if it's just posted on the forum.
Wed 31 Jul 2019 10:42 AM by Ibs
kiectred wrote:
Wed 31 Jul 2019 10:34 AM
Ibs wrote:
kiectred wrote:

Go back and read the first post and make an official request. I don't think it counts if it's just posted on the forum.

My bad, misunderstood. Ok, will post in the tracker, thanks!
Wed 31 Jul 2019 11:32 AM by kiectred
Ibs wrote:
Wed 31 Jul 2019 10:42 AM
kiectred wrote:
Wed 31 Jul 2019 10:34 AM
Ibs wrote:

My bad, misunderstood. Ok, will post in the tracker, thanks!

Just wanted to make sure
Thu 1 Aug 2019 8:33 PM by Uthred
As you have probably already noticed I added a complete Stygia armor set & some TOA artifacts (armor & weapons). More will follow the next days.
Fri 2 Aug 2019 12:21 AM by DasBier
Uthred wrote:
Thu 1 Aug 2019 8:33 PM
As you have probably already noticed I added a complete Stygia armor set & some TOA artifacts (armor & weapons). More will follow the next days.

Nice
But 20k Bp's for Battler?
Come on thats heavy
Fri 2 Aug 2019 2:35 AM by chryso
They need a BP sink, just like they need money sinks.
You need to have something to shoot for.
Fri 2 Aug 2019 4:07 AM by Cadebrennus
Uthred wrote:

Have you looked into adding the catacombs (I think they're catacombs) Aurilite patterns into crafting? It would be an easy add with no discernable effect on the economy nor upon realm balance.
Fri 2 Aug 2019 5:38 AM by Uthred
chryso wrote:
Fri 2 Aug 2019 2:35 AM
They need a BP sink, just like they need money sinks.
You need to have something to shoot for.

Exactly, Going to add the dragonslayer/dragonsworn reskins very soon, they will be even more expensive.
Fri 2 Aug 2019 5:39 AM by Uthred
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 2 Aug 2019 4:07 AM
Uthred wrote:

Have you looked into adding the catacombs (I think they're catacombs) Aurilite patterns into crafting? It would be an easy add with no discernable effect on the economy nor upon realm balance.

Im only looking into reskins atm. Guess it would be best to open a new thread on the suggestion forum as the idea might get lost in here.
Fri 2 Aug 2019 7:37 AM by Cadebrennus
Uthred wrote:
Fri 2 Aug 2019 5:39 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 2 Aug 2019 4:07 AM
Uthred wrote:

Im only looking into reskins atm. Guess it would be best to open a new thread on the suggestion forum as the idea might get lost in here.

Yup! I already did. I posted this on July 7th but I felt that it got lost in suggestions:

https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10198
Fri 2 Aug 2019 6:19 PM by JohnSinclair
1.:
Title: 1H Magma Axe
Description: 1 Hand Axe, TOA, Artifact, for Main and Offhand
Model ID: 2216

2.:
Title: Traitors Axe
Description: 1 Hand Axe, TOA, Artifact, for Main and Offhand
Model ID: 3452

3.:
Title: Dragonslayer 1H Axe
Descripton: 1 Hand Axe, Offhand, Mid
Model ID: 3941

4.:
Title: Dragonslayer 1H Axe
Description: 1 Hand Axe, Mainhand, Mid
Model ID: 3942

would be great Berserker have a bit more Options for Main and Offhand! Thank you

Missunderstood, sorry...posted them in the Tracker
Mon 5 Aug 2019 3:17 AM by Kwall0311
What about the helm effects from beta ^^
Mon 5 Aug 2019 7:58 AM by Uthred
Update: I finished to put in the dragonsworn reskins and the dragonslayer weapons so far. More to come.
Wed 7 Aug 2019 7:57 PM by Mavella
Can we get some normal looking skins as an option like the basic crafted weapon skins? I kind of prefer a low key normal swords/axes look and it seems impossible to attain with the SI skins being the most basic.
Tue 13 Aug 2019 11:51 AM by Uthred
Next Update: Oceanus set is in now and im currently working on the dragonslayer armor.
Tue 13 Aug 2019 12:00 PM by Ibs
Uthred wrote: Next Update: Oceanus set is in now and im currently working on the dragonslayer armor.

woohoo love the dragonsworn armor set, thank you!
Tue 13 Aug 2019 8:07 PM by Nildain
Is there a reason you guys haven't put in the Galla sets as possible reskins yet? Most temps wear the chest but then the rest is crafted and you can't match without reskinning everything, but I really like the chestpiece and would like to have all of my armor match.

I figure maybe it'd suck to have to enable all those reskins for each class independently.
Wed 14 Aug 2019 1:51 AM by Sindralor
Those new reskins lookin nice, bringin some of that ToA flair
Tue 1 Oct 2019 6:11 AM by Manfred60
Dragonsworn skins are a fantastic addition. Finally some full helm aesthetics outside plate. I always loved the caster helm skin.
Thu 31 Oct 2019 3:12 PM by Saldinna
When will the CL Reskins come? Or the Leg Weapons
've heard something of that coming in as a skin knows someone more?
Fri 1 Nov 2019 9:15 AM by Lipsi
Allow to reskin Blades -> Sickles
Allow to apply effects on sickles (same list as 1h hammer might be the one? )
Allow effects on instruments (harps) ?
Fri 1 Nov 2019 3:42 PM by thirian24
Can we get the axes from boss before the last boss in DS?

Also would like to see helm effects from beta.

Also, theblink for the weapons skin models isn't working for me. Anybody else?
Fri 1 Nov 2019 6:32 PM by Sotor
Id like to use some of the Lotm ( laby ) skins that look volcanic.

Greets Sotor
Fri 6 Dec 2019 2:16 PM by Uthred
Finished working on adding the new reskins to the effect merchant. Now every reskin should have multiple effects to put on. Even shields, bows, crossbows, spears, harps, artifacts, dragonslayer weapons, etc can get some nice blink-blink now. If you find a model where it is not possible to put an effect on, please open a report on the bug tracker and we will add it shortly.
Sun 12 Jan 2020 2:50 PM by Sushi
Looking for Reskin Sword of Nuada for my Offhand. Looks Better with 2x same Skin.
Sat 25 Jan 2020 4:58 PM by Toadster
Any chance of adding crafted armor skins to the reskin pool? For example, I have an epic dungeon chest piece, but would love for it to look like a classic DAoC crafted chest piece. All of the ToA and beyond stuff is fun, but I'm finding myself wanting to keep my characters more classic these days.
Mon 27 Jan 2020 10:50 AM by Hector
Toadster wrote:
Sat 25 Jan 2020 4:58 PM
Any chance of adding crafted armor skins to the reskin pool? For example, I have an epic dungeon chest piece, but would love for it to look like a classic DAoC crafted chest piece. All of the ToA and beyond stuff is fun, but I'm finding myself wanting to keep my characters more classic these days.

IMO you should be able to wear 1non-classic reskin for every 4 ranks you get, capped.

Rank 4 = 1 reskin limit
Rank 8 = 2 reskin limit
Rank 12 = 3 reskin limit

And imo always allow classic reskinning regardless of rank
Mon 16 Mar 2020 5:40 PM by daytonchambers
As far as particle effects go..

The Rising Flame effect shows no glow of any sort when previewed. Searching online it looks like the most realistic fire of the bunch, but I'm not going to waste 10k just to find out that the effect doesn't work.

This is what it should look like:

I would also love a skin or two available for shortbows as well as elemental weapons, even if they're just a skin =)
Fri 20 Mar 2020 6:07 AM by Failwalker
Giev candlelight-tiara

Title: Candlelight-tiara
Description: Tiara, Alb(Briton only)/Mid(Norse only)/Hib(Celt only)
Special Requirement: That special skin will only be visible on norse,celt and briton and while running new models. Other races it did not display any skin
when i tested.
Armortype: Any (all armortypes)
Model ID: 4169

http://dol.merec.org/details/items/4169

Example for a bald celt

Unused Staffskin

Title: Admorenth Staff
Description: Staff, all Realms
Model ID: 3368
Looks a bit like a small dragonskull got attached to the top of the staff but no idea what it was supposed to be.
When being in attack-mode while using that staff it will display as being a 1h weapon ... so you are holding the staff in your right hand etc. Same as kingspear or whatever

http://dol.merec.org/details/items/3368
Thu 2 Apr 2020 3:14 PM by Muse
Alb Dragonslayer 2h Thrust
Model ID: 3954

On live there was a 2h thrust weapon called Sword of the Hallowed, 2h Thrust, Model Skin like Alb 2h Slash
Model ID: 843

Any chance to get this changed too?
Actually there are not really any fancy 2h thrust skins
Thu 2 Apr 2020 3:51 PM by Centenario
I would like to be able to use any weapon model regardless of speed:

I could craft a 3.9 speed just for the speed, and then use the model of a 2.2 speed weapon.

Please add all craftable models as options for reskins.
Thu 2 Apr 2020 6:51 PM by Cadebrennus
Centenario wrote:
Thu 2 Apr 2020 3:51 PM
I would like to be able to use any weapon model regardless of speed:

I could craft a 3.9 speed just for the speed, and then use the model of a 2.2 speed weapon.

Please add all craftable models as options for reskins.

This would enable too much deception as you propose it. You could disguise a really slow weapon as a fast one or vice versa. I'm all for allowing all skins though, but within reason. Perhaps allow skins that are within 0.5 speed of each other? Then you could visually shift up or down a bit, but not drastically.
Thu 2 Apr 2020 7:08 PM by Isavyr
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 29 Jul 2019 9:10 AM
Example:
Title: Reskin: Guard of Valor
Description:
Chest piece, Toa, Artifact, available to all classes
2122 - Cloth, Hib
2472 - Leather, Hib
2475 - Reinforced, Hib

Gruenes,
Would it be possible to add the classic armor skins (3 variations per armor type) to the game? Since there are 13 armor types (hib cloth, alb cloth, mid cloth are 3, for example), 6 armor slots, and 2 variations different from the level 51 armor, that's 156 skins that would have to be added. It's not logical to do this piece-meal.

It's as classic as it comes, and I don't mind doing the work for everyone. How should I go about doing this? 1 report per realm? 1 report total? 156 reports would be a little absurd.

edit: And I meant that each realm gets access to the other basic skins of their realm.
Fri 3 Apr 2020 7:04 AM by Cadebrennus
How about adding in more craftable skins, like the Shar, Inconnu, etc? The base craftable skins can be boring and ugly, depending on the armor type.
Fri 3 Apr 2020 12:57 PM by Centenario
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 3 Apr 2020 7:04 AM
How about adding in more craftable skins, like the Shar, Inconnu, etc? The base craftable skins can be boring and ugly, depending on the armor type.

I don't understand, you mean to give midgard skins to albion or hib and vice-versa ?
Fri 3 Apr 2020 8:06 PM by Cadebrennus
Centenario wrote:
Fri 3 Apr 2020 12:57 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:

I don't understand, you mean to give midgard skins to albion or hib and vice-versa ?

No. Keep it realm specific but at least make them available to the crafters.
Fri 3 Apr 2020 10:00 PM by daytonchambers
Cadebrennus wrote:
Thu 2 Apr 2020 6:51 PM
This would enable too much deception as you propose it. You could disguise a really slow weapon as a fast one or vice versa. I'm all for allowing all skins though, but within reason. Perhaps allow skins that are within 0.5 speed of each other? Then you could visually shift up or down a bit, but not drastically.

The ship has sailed as far as deceptive skins are concerned. We've got druids running around with SoK skins, mainhand-only blades can be reskinned to look like offhands and vice versa, hell my own broodmother fang is skinned as a traitors dagger. Thankfully the reskins are locked to the weapon type so you can't make a hammer look like a sword and whatnot.
Fri 3 Apr 2020 10:07 PM by daytonchambers
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 3 Apr 2020 8:06 PM
Centenario wrote:
Fri 3 Apr 2020 12:57 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:

No. Keep it realm specific but at least make them available to the crafters.

I posted an idea a while ago in crafting section, I think, that crafters should be able to salvage items but instead of salvaging for mats they salvage items for a pattern that has the skin of what got salvaged in order to use it in newly crafted equipment. there could be a BP or feather "blank" pattern that is required for this to help sink server gold.

Running with this idea there could even be additional patterns for aurilite gear or other skins that are not yet in game, which could be anything from BP purchasable to items given as rewards in the announced future events.
Sat 4 Apr 2020 9:02 PM by senseless
Title: Alb Chain 3 Hauberk
Description:
Chest piece, Base game, Chain only
Model ID: 1246
Sun 5 Apr 2020 10:11 AM by Centenario
Could we reskin into our epic armors?
Mon 6 Apr 2020 2:00 PM by EscapeArtist
I would like to have reskins for the lower level player crafted stuff. Where the highest available is below 50.
Some of them look very cool but you can't use them cause not lvl 51.

For example hib blades falcata, bastardsword etc.
Wed 22 Apr 2020 7:49 PM by SlowMo
I always loved the style of the falcata
http://dol.merec.org/details/items/444

Is it possible to add this for all realms?
Wed 22 Apr 2020 8:18 PM by inoeth
SlowMo wrote:
Wed 22 Apr 2020 7:49 PM

vikings would refuse to use such an infidel weapon!
Wed 22 Apr 2020 8:53 PM by Cadebrennus
SlowMo wrote:
Wed 22 Apr 2020 7:49 PM

Agreed. The falcata and the gladius are my two favourite weapons in this game.
Wed 22 Apr 2020 11:30 PM by thirian24
Can we also get the scorched lab weapons?

http://dol.merec.org/details/items/3723

Please
Thu 23 Apr 2020 10:06 AM by Centenario
thirian24 wrote:
Wed 22 Apr 2020 11:30 PM

Please

Nope, its too far from DAoC classic style.
keep in mind that many items from later expansions have a much lower chance to be accepted due to the somewhat jarring style differences of some of the models.
Thu 23 Apr 2020 10:33 AM by Caemma
What about the possiblity to reskin the harp as one of the possible instruments?
I mean, everyone have the same harp skins... maybe letting ppl reskin a harp into a lute/drum/flute would open some more variety of skins...

Also, is the following 2H/LW skin missing?
http://dol.merec.org/details/items/3657

Or it's just shown for thrust? (alb 2h)
Thu 23 Apr 2020 10:36 AM by inoeth
Centenario wrote:
Thu 23 Apr 2020 10:06 AM
thirian24 wrote:
Wed 22 Apr 2020 11:30 PM

Please

Nope, its too far from DAoC classic style.
keep in mind that many items from later expansions have a much lower chance to be accepted due to the somewhat jarring style differences of some of the models.

if thats too far, why are there item models from the dragon overhaul? maybe let the GMs decide
Tue 13 Oct 2020 11:48 AM by Couma1990
Probably been mentioned already, but add the missing Aerus (TOA) Armor pls.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Planned Changes or the latest topics