Group Feather Bonus in Instances for bringing new Players

Started 15 Jul 2019
by gruenesschaf
in Planned Changes
An update later today or tomorrow will introduce a bonus to incentivise taking new people into the instances.

When killing an instance boss everyone in group will receive a bonus for every group member that has not killed this particular boss 10 times (account wide), the bonus starts at 20% and is reduced by 2% per kill.

Examples:
A new instance is introduced, nobody has done it: everyone in group gets 160% bonus (260% total) for each kill.
An experienced group (10+ kills) takes a completely new player with them, everyone receives 20% bonus (120% total).
An experienced player(10+ kills) joins a completely new group to help them, everyone receives 140% bonus (240% total).
Mon 15 Jul 2019 3:07 PM by cere2
I guess I will start this off with an apology.
Sorry for being so pessimistic about this instance. I just can't stand what I see happening again.

To me this is becoming something that must be done to be competitive in RvR. Cursed campaign anyone?
There really is no longer daily raids allowing us casuals to get feathers.
Also, getting feathers from RvR is a joke to say the least.

What about people that main stealth classes? Are we being forced to make some other alt, just so we can get invited to a group that can do DS?
What is the other alternative to DS?

Regardless of incentives, groups are not taking stealth classes (mini not included) for DS.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 4:26 PM by CronU
cere2 wrote:
Mon 15 Jul 2019 3:07 PM

You can killed named bosses, they are mostly possible with 4-5 people and if you circle them they give a good amount of feathers.
Thats how we farmed feathers on launch, when no tg raid was coming up.

And i still dont understand why casuals have no chance to get into ds..
you can learn how the instance work, there are several videos on youtube that are showing the bosses.
i guess the most people just expect that those feathers are coming to them semi afk'ing. But thats simply not the case.
Even if a solo instance would be anounced (apart from that you need 1-3 classes to be rly viable to do a competitive solo instance) this would be hard work as well.
Sure you can make it solo, but you still have to learn how things are working there. And i guess thats in the end the mainproblem.

cere2 wrote:
To me this is becoming something that must be done to be competitive in RvR. Cursed campaign anyone?

You def. do not need to run DS to be competitive in RvR.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 4:31 PM by Rexdale
This is a better incentive.

Something I've tried to do between speed runs. Trying to take new players through DS.
Taking the time to explain the mechanics and how they differ on each realms.

To the point of no stealthers.
I've had better success on Mid with shadowblades than having a skald.
And I still wont take a minstrel, I would sooner have a scout to tank. However, probably also not going to happen.

But this is an account side incentive, it would be best to have a character that is able to complete this dugeon reasonably.

You will still find there are classes that are best. And darkspire is not meant for every class if you are aiming for a certain time commitment.

For a long time hib found this to be a 40 minute dungeon with a tank train similar to mid. Until they found a way with animists.

The nerfs will not prevent meta groups from forming. The meta will just shift.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 4:49 PM by florin
i like this, this is good. thank you
Mon 15 Jul 2019 6:35 PM by Lumarin
Great change!

Excellent community building stuff right here.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 7:19 PM by cere2
CronU wrote:
Mon 15 Jul 2019 4:26 PM
cere2 wrote:

You can killed named bosses, they are mostly possible with 4-5 people and if you circle them they give a good amount of feathers.
Thats how we farmed feathers on launch, when no tg raid was coming up.

And i still dont understand why casuals have no chance to get into ds..
you can learn how the instance work, there are several videos on youtube that are showing the bosses.
i guess the most people just expect that those feathers are coming to them semi afk'ing. But thats simply not the case.
Even if a solo instance would be anounced (apart from that you need 1-3 classes to be rly viable to do a competitive solo instance) this would be hard work as well.
Sure you can make it solo, but you still have to learn how things are working there. And i guess thats in the end the mainproblem.

cere2 wrote:

You def. do not need to run DS to be competitive in RvR.

Apparently your missing the point here.
It's not that learning how to do the instance that is a problem. I have done plenty even on Live.
It's the simple fact that some of us main a stealther. Let's not kid anyone and think that a ranger has a chance to get invited to a DS group.

Secondly, if such a ranger cannot get a group, and raids are no longer done...then how does he get templated without making an alt to do these boss runs?

Yes I made an animist to farm, but that's me. Not everyone...especially you know the new players trying to get templated and ready for rvr...will do that.

Live made the same mistakes with PvE. It's not that it's hard to figure out how to kill Jack Frost or any other instance mob. It's the fact that people HAD to do it to be competitive.
They fixed this by allowing all these items to be purchased with bp's which came at a somewhat decent rate.
Problem is they did this too late after too many had already left.
Wed 17 Jul 2019 4:35 PM by Bobbahunter
Complete halls run last night got us around 29k each feathers. 2hr 42mins. BUT we definitely can see our next run welll under 2 hours since we know the mechanics now. All of us are + 26 DS runners so knowing DS boss mobs will very much help in HALLS!
Thu 18 Jul 2019 5:49 AM by Leandrys
Augment the daily cap of feathers bonus in RvR battle and increase the feathers won in every keep's take, get rid of kill credits for feather's merchants, do not lose your time with raids, most casual players will never get into a DSL/HoH group, no matters what you do.

I understand what you're trying to acheive, it's just people do not want to lose their time in raids or instances for the most of them, they allready have 50 lvls of lonelyless to achieve, do not add artificial time to gear up in a server where QOL was meant to be attractive.
Thu 18 Jul 2019 1:14 PM by Dominus
cere2 wrote:
Mon 15 Jul 2019 7:19 PM
It's the simple fact that some of us main a stealther. Let's not kid anyone and think that a ranger has a chance to get invited to a DS group.

Hey, I main a hunter and I made a Zerker as a DS farming toon. Took me a few days to get him to 50, and a easily PvE temped. Always gets DS invites... Work the solution and quit complaining that an archer class isn't getting DS invites. Why not start a group then? Or, do what I did and wise up.
Thu 18 Jul 2019 1:20 PM by Turt
cere2 wrote:
Sorry for being so pessimistic about this instance. I just can't stand what I see happening again.

What about people that main stealth classes? Are we being forced to make some other alt, just so we can get invited to a group that can do DS?

Regardless of incentives, groups are not taking stealth classes (mini not included) for DS.

Alternative to DS is simple. Go and farm the CF boss loop. I believe its 546feathers per boss. and there are 5-6 there that respawn fast. It is like this on each realm. Each realm has a CF(hib), Lynn Barfoq (alb), or Raum (for mids). In each of these places you will find bosses in which you will need at least 5-6 players to kill and you can loop, rinse, repeat. So please do not say there is no alternative to DS... thanks.
Thu 18 Jul 2019 2:16 PM by florin
And there are several SI bosses too both open world and dungeon - e.g. AC bosses for alb.
Thu 18 Jul 2019 2:26 PM by Bobbahunter
Once you've gotten a couple DS runs in or Halls runs it can go pretty fast and the more people doing these the easier it is to put together groups. Even if you don't finish you still get a lot of feathers.

Average DS run is 50 mins to an Hour with casual pulls with some explaining. Speed Runs can be under 40 mins.

First time we Ran Halls it was 2hr 42 mins, 2nd time 1h 30mins, 3rd time--- 49 mins..
Only had one wipe on our 3rd run or I bet it would of been around 45 Mins. Not bad for 26k feathers with 20% bonus for less than 10 runs each.

Keep in mind that most of us were DS +26 experienced. Knowledge of DS Bosses does help in Halls.
Thu 18 Jul 2019 6:36 PM by cere2
Turt wrote:
Thu 18 Jul 2019 1:20 PM
cere2 wrote:

Alternative to DS is simple. Go and farm the CF boss loop. I believe its 546feathers per boss. and there are 5-6 there that respawn fast. It is like this on each realm. Each realm has a CF(hib), Lynn Barfoq (alb), or Raum (for mids). In each of these places you will find bosses in which you will need at least 5-6 players to kill and you can loop, rinse, repeat. So please do not say there is no alternative to DS... thanks.

"In each of these places you will find bosses in which you will need at least 5-6 players to kill and you can loop, rinse, repeat."

Looks like you missed the point. If new players have a groupable charecter DS is no problem.
So if new player makes a hunter, they need to also make an alt (aka groupable toon) just to do feathers. This is a dumb solution.
Thu 18 Jul 2019 6:38 PM by cere2
Dominus wrote:
Thu 18 Jul 2019 1:14 PM
cere2 wrote:
Mon 15 Jul 2019 7:19 PM

Hey, I main a hunter and I made a Zerker as a DS farming toon. Took me a few days to get him to 50, and a easily PvE temped. Always gets DS invites... Work the solution and quit complaining that an archer class isn't getting DS invites. Why not start a group then? Or, do what I did and wise up.

You also seemed to miss the point. I have an alt. I am not a new player.
New player that decides to make a ranger or hunter gets to 50...now what? Cant really template...so he's told to wise up and make an alt....but instead says screw this I'm not doing that again! What an awesome solution...

Also I will say that I don't really have time to start a group and designate an hour to doing this...that's a personal thing for me I know. I guess the question should be, if there are other's like myself, what would be the harm in allowing us to have an alternative way of gaining feathers that we can do solo.
And I don't mean farm shredders for 2 feathers a kill....
Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:22 AM by SlowMo
Maybe it would be a viable Option to add a feather reward for completing rvr tasks?
Or make bp‘s exchangable for feathers.

Wouldnt Force anyone out of rvr and let you accumulate some feathers without „Farming“

Just my 2 Cents.
Fri 19 Jul 2019 1:41 PM by elninost0rm
SlowMo wrote:
Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:22 AM
Maybe it would be a viable Option to add a feather reward for completing rvr tasks?
Or make bp‘s exchangable for feathers.

Wouldnt Force anyone out of rvr and let you accumulate some feathers without „Farming“

Just my 2 Cents.

This is, of course, the right answer

You seem to get feathers with certain RvR keep tasks at the moment, but it could be argued that it's not that much. Moreover, it's typically a siege situation, and one that might not necessarily cater whatsoever to archers or assassins.

That said, there seems to be a rather vocal (minority?) on the server that seems to enjoy farming DS and similar instances until their eyes bleed for some reason. Not sure I ever understood the "pve is life" mentality in a game like DAoC where it's always been a means to an end, but it seems to be pretty pervasive here.
Sat 20 Jul 2019 9:22 PM by Ordoch
Been in many many DS runs with a shadowblade in it. Hunter too, but not near as often. If your realm is telling you assassins can't do DS they're wrong. I've done HoH twice. Both on first day, first run (before it was public) we brought a shadow blade and was midgard's first clear.
Mon 22 Jul 2019 6:32 AM by Druth
Ordoch wrote:
Sat 20 Jul 2019 9:22 PM
Been in many many DS runs with a shadowblade in it. Hunter too, but not near as often. If your realm is telling you assassins can't do DS they're wrong. I've done HoH twice. Both on first day, first run (before it was public) we brought a shadow blade and was midgard's first clear.

Think it's because DS runs in alb/hib are done with pet spam.
Midgard has always had more varied PvE, because melee were the main dps.
Mon 29 Jul 2019 12:09 PM by gnefner
Leandrys wrote:
Thu 18 Jul 2019 5:49 AM
Augment the daily cap of feathers bonus in RvR battle and increase the feathers won in every keep's take, get rid of kill credits for feather's merchants, do not lose your time with raids, most casual players will never get into a DSL/HoH group, no matters what you do.

I understand what you're trying to acheive, it's just people do not want to lose their time in raids or instances for the most of them, they allready have 50 lvls of lonelyless to achieve, do not add artificial time to gear up in a server where QOL was meant to be attractive.

I agree.. I have about 2 hours to play, 2-3 days a week.. I have 0 chance to join and complete a Galla raid on Hib, meaning I won't ever get credit, and be able to buy gear for myself.. I'm stuck trying to waste time farming plats (takes forever with drop/salvage nerf), so I can buy gear, because I can't trade the feathers I have...

Currently I have over 30k feathers in my Vault, which are useless, cause I have no encounter credit...... Lovely.
Mon 29 Jul 2019 12:16 PM by elninost0rm
The encounter credit requirement will become more and more obsolete the longer the server stays alive and the lower the population gets.

Live is experiencing this issue (or was, until they tried to remedy it) with the Curse PVE content. The body requirement was too high, but there wasn't enough people still playing to run raids frequently enough, so if you were a new or returning player at the wrong time, you had a steep hill ahead of you.

It's a good idea in theory, and it was especially good when the server launched and was shiny and new, but you need to relax it a little bit at this stage in the game.

This is actually affecting our group directly since we need Tasty Chunks of Legion for the MCL use for our casters, but Legion raids are few and far between at this point.

Just make a person without credit pay more feathers or something. Okay, you didn't do this Galla raid and you want your item. Pay a 50% markup or something. I don't know. Balance it however you want, but gatekeeping it behind credit entirely is just silly now.
Mon 29 Jul 2019 12:38 PM by florin
We ran sidi with 35 the other night - took about 2.5 hours and we wiped on Funus due to some LD. This is NA late night so other regions will have some time before raid population is unsustainable. Side benefit of small raid is most get some drop and some will get a feather item that can be traded in for 50% value - unless that gets nerfed. Each boss was about 800-900 feathers and the raid was really smooth.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 7:48 AM by gnefner
florin wrote:
Mon 29 Jul 2019 12:38 PM
We ran sidi with 35 the other night - took about 2.5 hours and we wiped on Funus due to some LD. This is NA late night so other regions will have some time before raid population is unsustainable. Side benefit of small raid is most get some drop and some will get a feather item that can be traded in for 50% value - unless that gets nerfed. Each boss was about 800-900 feathers and the raid was really smooth.

Which is great, but Galla takes alot longer.. And I know of quite a few players, who just don't have the time to sink into these raids.. couple of weeks ago, my brother joined a raid, which took more than 3 hours, and didn't even finish... So I know for a fact, I won't ever be able to get the credit, and others are in the same position - so we're screwed. I was lucky enough to get all credits on Alb and Mid early on - but on Hib.. Well.. yah..

As mentioned also, Legion raids happen so seldom now, as do pretty much all raids tbh...
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Planned Changes or the latest topics