Re: Next Instance

The content and intent of these changes are great - however, they're too little too late. The unfortunate reality is people that power farmed DS are already so much farther ahead of the casual playerbase that these changes will not affect them. These changes will have an impact on the feather economy and the ability for newer and more casual players to gear themselves up and reach gear/template equity with established players.

This is counter-intuitive to the future of the server and the health of the population. New players and casual players need subsidizing and not to be alienated from PVE further.

It's my belief that we should be more focused on helping players that don't have the time, connections, or ability to do DS raids on top of other encounter credit raids to gear themselves up for rvr. Perhaps a "casual setting" DS raid or difficulty tiers so that it's more accessible to pugs and casuals? I've noticed a toxic attitude among albs (I can't speak on other realms) that favor people that know the ins and outs of DS and put tension on players new to it - this seems directly related to people's desire to do it as fast as they can. Adding more obstacles and having these raids last longer now will only exacerbate these issues.

Cheers and thanks for the hard work
coastin' through life

Lumarin wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:27 pm
The content and intent of these changes are great - however, they're too little too late. The unfortunate reality is people that power farmed DS are already so much farther ahead of the casual playerbase that these changes will not affect them. These changes will have an impact on the feather economy and the ability for newer and more casual players to gear themselves up and reach gear/template equity with established players.

This is counter-intuitive to the future of the server and the health of the population. New players and casual players need subsidizing and not to be alienated from PVE further.

It's my belief that we should be more focused on helping players that don't have the time, connections, or ability to do DS raids on top of other encounter credit raids to gear themselves up for rvr. Perhaps a "casual setting" DS raid or difficulty tiers so that it's more accessible to pugs and casuals? I've noticed a toxic attitude among albs (I can't speak on other realms) that favor people that know the ins and outs of DS and put tension on players new to it - this seems directly related to people's desire to do it as fast as they can. Adding more obstacles and having these raids last longer now will only exacerbate these issues.

Cheers and thanks for the hard work
This.
It's unfortunate that right now it seems any players that are new or do not have the time or social relationships in game are penalized.
Live IMO died due to having to do PvE to be competitive in RvR. They later tried to fix this by having these turn into instances that could be done solo/duo etc, but a little too late.
I have been in RvR over the last 2 weeks trying to get enough feathers to get some gear for alts. So far I have enough for 1 piece....
I understand many people enjoy the 8 man group aspect but there are a lot of players that don't have access to such a playstyle and those will suffer even more.
Here is to hoping they come up with something that people can do solo, even if it takes twice as long for same rewards etc...
Ceremone - 50 Celt Animist Farmer
Cerebeblades - 50 Shar Ranger

This is pretty lazy, and quite frankly an embarrassing change.
I'm still surprised sever the tether wasn't given to some mobs or bosses.
Then the time spent trying to figure out how to nerf the classes that made this dungeon trivial, that time could have been better spent fixing the things that matter.

Perhaps a list should be provided for all the classes that are allowed to enter into these dungeons.
and a set of allowed skills and specs we can use, then we could better play this game the way it's "intended".

I'm still not going to take a Minstrel into that dungeon though.

We did HOH today and tried 2 different setups. We tried first 2 healers. 1 aug sham, 2 thanes, 1 warrior and 1 savage and 1 cave sham.. The cave sham dotted and had to kite the mobs while tanks smashed.. It worked fine until we go to the 2nd boss.. Then we started over with different setup. We used 2 healers, aug sham, 3 warriors, 1 savage and cave sham for dots and back up heals. Even tried a PBT runie instead of cave shaman..I noticed after we got decided to break that it prob would have been a lot easier if we had a skald with anger of the gods. Will try that setup later on.. Either way it was super challenging and fun I thought. The feathers could be increased some I agree but either way it was fun to plan out what we would do and how to do it :)

Lumarin wrote:

It's my belief that we should be more focused on helping players that don't have the time, connections, or ability to do DS raids on top of other encounter credit raids to gear themselves up for rvr. ...
This!
Learn from Live Server former. Live Server got huge amount of new and returning players as soon they made it much easier to get access to gear for RvR, to rich the Lvl 50 and to buy/become seldom items.
And the population was significant reduced again as soon they focused again on a harder PvE content.

Just a very small part of DAoC Community (and seems to be at least a some one or a part of Phoenix Team, unfortunately, too) enjoying PvE in DAoC.
Sometimes PVE - yes, just for variety. But not as any kind of hard core content.

The advantage of DAoC is, was and will be for ever the RvR-Part! Dont waste the time and the man power for the challenge in PvE. Challenge in DAoC - the RVR: fight other player, protect your realm, invide in enemy Realm, conquer the enemy Relics and so on.

MacPrior wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:23 am
Lumarin wrote:

It's my belief that we should be more focused on helping players that don't have the time, connections, or ability to do DS raids on top of other encounter credit raids to gear themselves up for rvr. ...
This!
Learn from Live Server former. Live Server got huge amount of new and returning players as soon they made it much easier to get access to gear for RvR, to rich the Lvl 50 and to buy/become seldom items.
And the population was significant reduced again as soon they focused again on a harder PvE content.

Just a very small part of DAoC Community (and seems to be at least a some one or a part of Phoenix Team, unfortunately, too) enjoying PvE in DAoC.
Sometimes PVE - yes, just for variety. But not as any kind of hard core content.

The advantage of DAoC is, was and will be for ever the RvR-Part! Dont waste the time and the man power for the challenge in PvE. Challenge in DAoC - the RVR: fight other player, protect your realm, invide in enemy Realm, conquer the enemy Relics and so on.
So Phoenix has almost no PvE content which forces you to PvE for longer than a few hours. Yet the majority is doing PvE on a poorly scripted freeshard.
Daoc community is PvE focused.