Re: RvR (Task) Changes

#61
If you want to solo and are having issues finding fights it's because you need to change the way you play. You don't get to walk to what used to be just normal slow spots but instead, you need to think about the task and routes you would take to get there.

I have had no issues finding fights and as a sneak, I've seen plenty of small man and groups which just need others to fight. I've seen plenty of nice fights between groups that don't get interrupted or just the normal patrols getting kills.

Is soloing and small man difficult? Yes, but that's how it has always been.

- The biggest things I've seen are that you have to travel to places now and I do think NF would help this a bit.

- I have no problem with the suiciding on keeps issue since we've had people suiciding for RP and XP. They could fix this by giving less incentive to do so, but I'm not sure how to fix that and it's nice after 35 to RvR with your guild.

- I wish there was a way to know how the new tasks rotated so you could plan ahead to go to those places. The keep tasks need to be explained better because they seem to be stuck in a rotation of one realm zone and 2-3 keeps some nights and then all over the next.

I think the porting might be the onset of them offering NF to us in a poll of some kind. I have noticed that the changes being made are NF related, but I don't want to see anything like new RA's, TOA and Catacombs content added. Keep it classic with NF if that is what the players want and I also think NF would solve the Emain bottleneck. The whole reason I came back to this server was the classic RvR (RA's, Classes and Frontiers) and I don't want to see any content past SI personally, but I'd be okay with NF after discussing it with players and Bumbles.

Re: RvR (Task) Changes

#62
Kappu wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:33 pm
tweedledumb99 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:36 pm
I've found solo visi fighting to be far less easy to find, because instead of sticking to the task zone like previously, groups that like to hunt solos and duos (or duos that seek solos, etc.) are now spread through all zones, instead of being mostly concentrated in one zone.

I don't have a solution in mind, but I would like to see some changes that make solo visi life a little more easy - to find the fights we want and to know how to avoid the ones we don't want (3v1, 4v1, 8v1, etc.).

One day people will realize this game isn't designed to cater to your solo play style......

If you want to solo its going to be a rough road deal with it.

The task changes just made it so you don't have to stand around 15 minutes between fights.
Missed the point.

Many people solo, lots of us on visis.

Before the patch, it was better for me, now it's noticeably worse. I'm probably not alone thinking this.

I want to log in less and less, I'm probably not alone in this either.

To the extent the devs care, and can reasonably address this, it's worth pointing out.

"Your playstyle doesn't matter as much as mine" isn't a really solid argument - unless most other solo visis are happy with the change, and it's just me who needs to adapt?
Willoughby - Hero.
Wallaby - Retired NS.

Re: RvR (Task) Changes

#64
tweedledumb99 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:39 am
Kappu wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:33 pm
tweedledumb99 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:36 pm
I've found solo visi fighting to be far less easy to find, because instead of sticking to the task zone like previously, groups that like to hunt solos and duos (or duos that seek solos, etc.) are now spread through all zones, instead of being mostly concentrated in one zone.

I don't have a solution in mind, but I would like to see some changes that make solo visi life a little more easy - to find the fights we want and to know how to avoid the ones we don't want (3v1, 4v1, 8v1, etc.).

One day people will realize this game isn't designed to cater to your solo play style......

If you want to solo its going to be a rough road deal with it.

The task changes just made it so you don't have to stand around 15 minutes between fights.
Missed the point.

Many people solo, lots of us on visis.

Before the patch, it was better for me, now it's noticeably worse. I'm probably not alone thinking this.

I want to log in less and less, I'm probably not alone in this either.

To the extent the devs care, and can reasonably address this, it's worth pointing out.

"Your playstyle doesn't matter as much as mine" isn't a really solid argument - unless most other solo visis are happy with the change, and it's just me who needs to adapt?
Hate to say it again, but your play style isn't the way the game was designed and if you don't feel like logging in because it's to hard maybe you shouldn't have solo'd to begin with. Learn to adapt and change the way you think this game isn't designed to mindlessly walk to an area and get a solo fight and the devs are working to create a game that has keep battles, forces people out of Emain (which is what everyone was complaining about prior to the change). They did something to change that and now you all are still complaining instead of looking at where the action is going to be and then moving out of that area to a slower spot.

You don't think every group and small man didn't have to do that with the change? You have to consider the changes and how it affects the way people are going to play now and adapt to it.

Re: RvR (Task) Changes

#65
Kappu wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:40 pm
tweedledumb99 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:39 am
Kappu wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:33 pm



One day people will realize this game isn't designed to cater to your solo play style......

If you want to solo its going to be a rough road deal with it.

The task changes just made it so you don't have to stand around 15 minutes between fights.
Missed the point.

Many people solo, lots of us on visis.

Before the patch, it was better for me, now it's noticeably worse. I'm probably not alone thinking this.

I want to log in less and less, I'm probably not alone in this either.

To the extent the devs care, and can reasonably address this, it's worth pointing out.

"Your playstyle doesn't matter as much as mine" isn't a really solid argument - unless most other solo visis are happy with the change, and it's just me who needs to adapt?
Hate to say it again, but your play style isn't the way the game was designed and if you don't feel like logging in because it's to hard maybe you shouldn't have solo'd to begin with. Learn to adapt and change the way you think this game isn't designed to mindlessly walk to an area and get a solo fight and the devs are working to create a game that has keep battles, forces people out of Emain (which is what everyone was complaining about prior to the change). They did something to change that and now you all are still complaining instead of looking at where the action is going to be and then moving out of that area to a slower spot.

You don't think every group and small man didn't have to do that with the change? You have to consider the changes and how it affects the way people are going to play now and adapt to it.
You forgot to tell him to re-roll....

Re: RvR (Task) Changes

#66
Now that caravans have been removed phoenix claws are becoming rare to find on the market. I don't do keep fights and I'm happy to pay for them, provided they are available at reasonable prices.

Perhaps lords should drop like 5-10 instead of only 1 or keep guards should have a % chance to drop them?
Killaloth - BM very sexy

VORTI/DEIRA: Killaloth - Bluntmaster OFF

Past Shards:
Uthgard 1 - Hlin - Sham
Thidranki Classic: Troya - NS ; Troya - Healer

Re: RvR (Task) Changes

#67
I'm swimming in claws and nothing to use them for, all from RvR. Think am closing to 200 in vault (that in about 3 days of RvR).

No idea how this compares to PvE means of obtaining them, but maybe it helps as info?

/Bnotashamed paci healer + Aicha mentalist = LOVE

Re: RvR (Task) Changes

#68
Anelyn77 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:11 am
I'm swimming in claws and nothing to use them for, all from RvR. Think am closing to 200 in vault (that in about 3 days of RvR).

No idea how this compares to PvE means of obtaining them, but maybe it helps as info?

/Bnotashamed paci healer + Aicha mentalist = LOVE
I'd gladly buy some in Midgard...
From my experience prices for these things are exploding. The last time i got claws for 20g/ea (which makes 1min stealthlore cost 40g) was 3-4weeks ago

Re: RvR (Task) Changes

#69
Sepplord wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:33 am
Anelyn77 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:11 am
I'm swimming in claws and nothing to use them for, all from RvR. Think am closing to 200 in vault (that in about 3 days of RvR).

No idea how this compares to PvE means of obtaining them, but maybe it helps as info?

/Bnotashamed paci healer + Aicha mentalist = LOVE
I'd gladly buy some in Midgard...
From my experience prices for these things are exploding. The last time i got claws for 20g/ea (which makes 1min stealthlore cost 40g) was 3-4weeks ago
I will check to see what I have on mid, as I haven't played this week at all there (but will be on in about 10h when timer expires - on my paci Bnothashamed). Those ~200 I have on hib from playing only RvR for past 3 days or so (1-50 and RvR).

/Bnotashamed pac healer 4L7 - Aicha 5L5 mentalist