Re: Leaving the portal keep, pt 2!

Move the realm tasks out of the Portal Zones. RvR in Gorge, Collory, and Breifine instead of mostly Emain. Move players out of Odin's and into Jamtland. Remove fight in Hadrians, emain, and odins.

Change all tasks to fight in Jamtland, Hadrians, and Breifine. Have multiple at the same time.
Bulldozing your world since 2018

Tree wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:17 pm
Well judging by the other thread where people complained they were in RvR 1min and then had to stay 3min in portal keep, I think the way RvR respawn is set up it incourages RvR feeding, running mindlessly into the enemies in hopes of maybe grabbing a few RP yourself before you die.

In classic RvR or on Uthgard for instance, you always knew the game was on and there were time-intensive consequences for playing bad and dying early.

So I do hope there can be found some middle ground.
And how many people ended up playing in the end in both classic and uthgard ?only the hardcore 8 mans and organized zergs. I don't see why this is a problem for you specifically. You get more rps, your enemies get more rps, everyone is happy, why change it?If YOU feel bad about feeding rps, build a better group, don't force the others to do so as well.

I'll be honest with you, the incentive is very high to even lure us PvE'ers, you start adding invisible cages and making changes to tasks then without a doubt you will have your wish and you will find the frontiers much emptier, the rez sickness won't deter most of us especially if we're trying to participate in a task before it ends.

Simple lore addition - the moving of relics draws so much power from the lords of the dead that the release timers are extended - the dead must wait their turn on the battlefield til Arwan, Odin or Lord leprechaun gathers enough strength to reap the souls of the dead. Can even extend this to reduce the strength of player rezzes to 10%
Last edited by florin on Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Before you can start to "cure" the disease(streaming people out of the TK not worth any RP) you have to find the WHY.
Otherwise you will fail to solve the problem.

Whats the reason why people do this?
1. Tasks: Easy RP for everyone.. no matter what lvl.. no matter you die.
2. Enemy groups nearby the TK.. the short move out to get a little bit of RP out of the player farming group
3. Relics on the move.. the try to help on this event

Solutions?
to 1.: move the tasks away from the porterkeep zones.. longer way to walk means lesser people risk to get caught on the way.. and even they do.. they are worth RP for sure when they arrive.
If this leads to have way less player in RVR... you can adjust the tasks temporary back.. maybe to once each 4 cycles

to 2.: This probably needs no adjustment... if a group is stupid enough to stay between TK and MG they probably deserve to get overrun. The cry out about people not worth RP is a greedy one... because this groups are mostly the reason WHY the returning players died. So they GOT THEIR RP already.
A delayed stream of players just supports them even more.. because they can regen better after the first wave is down

to 3.: the 3min timer on this event sounds like an "fair" solution... even i would prefer a more "eventlike" solution..

IF the devs wants to end the stream no matter what... i would suggest a more "supportive solution" to the "punished players"... so maybe dont hostage them for 3min as a "solo player"(even they are grouped).. instead maybe keep the TK doors closed and open them every 2min for 30sec... so you end the "constant stream".. and give them a better chance to overrun the farming groups.. so they dont take that risk anymore

Keep the incentives and keep the fun for the casual player.

No timers.
RVR death gives task credit.
Move tasks away from milegate zones.
Build from the success of Dominate Breifine/Pennine/Jamtland tasks.

I thought the idea of a timer was good, but the problem was that it lasted 3 minutes. If it lasted 1.5 minutes it would be feasible because it would take some time to buff up and get everyone ready to move.

The problem with people being able to move instantly out in to RvR is the fact that they are worth no RP's. That means it creates a void of "Win/win" situations because dying again would not give more RP's but they'll be able to gain it. And I know, for some casual people they would see that as a "payback" kind of win but on a fundamental level that is an exploitable situation where losing gives you the upper edge in the long run. Yes, it is a very narrow window of time, but the fact that you can do it means that the losing side will eventually win regardless due to gaining infinite amounts of resources over and over again while the winning side runs out of resources.
LIVE
<Fancy Ducks>
Hibernia - Druid - 50 - Rubaduck RR5
Hibernia - Warden - 50 - Rubaduck RR5

BETA
<Fancy Ducks>
Hibernia - Druid - 50 - Druderino RR6

rubaduck wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:35 am
The problem with people being able to move instantly out in to RvR is the fact that they are worth no RP's. That means it creates a void of "Win/win" situations because dying again would not give more RP's but they'll be able to gain it. And I know, for some casual people they would see that as a "payback" kind of win but on a fundamental level that is an exploitable situation where losing gives you the upper edge in the long run. Yes, it is a very narrow window of time, but the fact that you can do it means that the losing side will eventually win regardless due to gaining infinite amounts of resources over and over again while the winning side runs out of resources.
BEST CASE: the people running in worth no RPs finally kill the campers and get RP. ONCE. That breaks them even and we all know even that doesn't happen.

Casuals (and a huge part of competitive players) don't care much about the RP they GIVE (and i agree with them). Claiming dying while being worthless feels like a Win to them is ridicolous. Yes, in the case of death they might think: "at least i wasn't worth RPs" but i would bet serious money that every single one of them would have rather won the fight.

In similar vein changing the task to require a succesfull kill will not make casuals fight harder to survive. The ones that simply suicide now will just not go at all. The ones wanting to fight will already fight. It's not like dying and releasing gives the same RP as winning the fight.

During relic movements the timer is important and makes sense, outside of that the only "problem" is that portkeep-farm-groups are butthurt that they can't farm directly in front of the portkeep, and if they move away maybe a different group might slip in and steal precious RP that BELONG TO THEM.

Not sure about what I'll propose (I just arrived on the server, and i'm not aware of everything yet), but still :

- Give everyone a "self cure rez sick" spell / skill / item / whatever
- 20sc casting time => you can still go back quickly if solo, barely usable in combat situation
- 5mn cooldown => you prevent non stop rushing

Tweak the timers to your will

Again: forcing the plebs to do things they don't like (sitting around waiting in this case) creates an annoying time sink that potentially will sum up to doing ... something else.