Was the hunter pet speed buff a good choice?

Started 17 Jun 2019
by Fooj Fujiyama
in Ask the Team
Was it tho?
Mon 17 Jun 2019 9:54 PM by Sepplord
Wasn't it though?
Mon 17 Jun 2019 9:56 PM by Fooj Fujiyama
It's probably the worst custom buff here to date, IMO. Meanwhile my nature druids pet remains a piece of garbage.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:04 PM by Sepplord
I unsure what the druid pets state has to do with the change to the hunter pet...

But could you elaborate why you believe the hunterpet change is the worst custom change the server has seen?

I don't have a hard opinion on this specific hunterpet Change. It definitely needed a Buff, but if you cared to explain your feelings you might convince me that it was too much
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:08 PM by Fooj Fujiyama
Hunter pet didn't need sprint speed, they could have figured out a bunch of different ways to make hunters slightly more viable, not hunter pet sprint speed. I'll tell you why too, it totally screws the dynamic of a 1 v 1 if you are a caster fighting a hunter now. A character that can unstealth and back stun or just wreck you from long range should not have a pet that runs at sprint speed, it's terrible balancing.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:22 PM by stinsfire
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:08 PM
Hunter pet didn't need sprint speed, they could have figured out a bunch of different ways to make hunters slightly more viable, not hunter pet sprint speed. I'll tell you why too, it totally screws the dynamic of a 1 v 1 if you are a caster fighting a hunter now. A character that can unstealth and back stun or just wreck you from long range should not have a pet that runs at sprint speed, it's terrible balancing.

If you have problems killing Hunters as a Mage in 1on1, then I cannot help you anymore. All you have to do is utlize QC and your kit (Mezz, Stun, Nearsight, Root, Bolts, your pet) or a insta DD charge to completely fuck over a hunter or you can simply run out of range since everyone has endless permasprint.l
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:27 PM by Fooj Fujiyama
That's bullshit when you consider they can unstealth and get the jump on you, stop being a bootlicker for bad custom buffs, or at least if you are you should be okay with my druid pet getting some severe buffs as well yeah? Sprint speed for my pet and make it blue con with maybe 100 damage + hits instead of 40? What do you think does that sound good to you? Oh But your idea is for me to sprint to get some distance on the hunter that has a speed buff and a pet that can sprint, thanks for the brilliant advice dood appreciate it.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:31 PM by stinsfire
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:27 PM
That's bullshit when you consider they can unstealth and get the jump on you, stop being a bootlicker for bad custom buffs, or at least if you are you should be okay with my druid pet getting some severe buffs as well yeah? Sprint speed for my pet and make it yellow con with maybe 100 damage + hits instead of 40? What do you think does that sound good to you?

I am not answering any of this, since you are just trying to shift the topic.. 80% of the posts I have read from you, just show you are approaching things completely irrational, biased and without any coherent arguments and that you lack fundamental understanding of this game and game balance in general. Not wasting my time with people like you. You can't even write a text that is halfway structured and not just impulsive statements typed in a stream of conscience.

We were talking hunter pets not your stupid druid pets. If you lose vs archers on a mage.. I am sorry to break it to you... but then you are just bad at the game and should spend your time at getting better instead of constantly posting nonsense.

edit: Oh.. the irony... how I claimed that I will not waste my time with him.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:33 PM by Fooj Fujiyama
I am making a comparison to show that there is obvious bias to how they buff. And this bs custom buff has nothing to do with daoc, they made it up out of the blue. So don't talk to me about smart balancing or daoc mechanics if you just think making up some bs custom buff that changes game balance in favor of a character that already had the edge in many situations is a good choice. You deserve to be shunned for your weak response. You don't want my nature druid pet to be OP like a hunter pet then I take it? Go run away since you can't argue on the substance of what I am talking about.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:36 PM by stinsfire
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:33 PM
So don't talk to me about smart balancing or daoc mechanics if you just think making up some bs custom buff that changes game balance in favor of a character that already had the edge in many situations is a good choice. You deserve to be shunned for your weak response. You don't want my nature druid pet to be OP like a hunter pet then I take it? Go run away since you can't argue on the substance of what I am talking about.

Thanks for proving any assumption I made about you. Your posts are so driven by emotion it's almost funny. Hunters having the edge in many situations?? ?unter pets being OP?? lool... you are completely delusional.

Go run away since you can't argue on the substance of what I am talking about.

Why would I post further arguments if you completely ignored the arguments in my first reply. Hunters are easy to kill if you know what you are doing, but you simply don't seem to want to learn this game and rather make cryptic posts on this forum.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:38 PM by Fooj Fujiyama
You 100% can't argue about what I am talking about, you took the weakling approach and shifted the discussion because you know you can't go toe to toe on me with this, it's garbage balancing and you are bad too if you think it was wise. Do you think my nature druid pet should also be able to run at sprint speed and hit for 100+ damage and be blue con? Answer the question or gtfo.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:40 PM by stinsfire
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:38 PM
You 100% can't argue about what I am talking about, you took the weakling approach and shifted the discussion because you know you can't go toe to toe on me with this, it's garbage balancing and you are bad too if you think it was wise. Do you think my nature druid pet should also be able to run at sprint speed and hit for 100+ damage and be blue con? Answer the question or gtfo.

I edited my last post btw and added a section. Now you are resorting to ad-hominems. Again.. you sound almost mental. You are full of yourself, you ignore arguments you don't like, you use ad-hominems and now you tell me to gtfo if I don't answer a questuon that is of zero significance to hunter pets.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:41 PM by Fooj Fujiyama
So just ignore the substance of my post entirely since you know you can't win the argument, you are bad end of story.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:43 PM by stinsfire
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:41 PM
So just ignore the substance of my post entirely since you know you can't win the argument, you are bad end of story.

"How to not lead a mature and respectful discussion 101"

At least everyone can form his own opinion about you and how you approach people in discussions who disagree with you. Your constant choice of connotated words already speaks for itself. You ignore every single argument I made, then you call me a boot licker and simply say my arguments are bullshit, but then fail to adress any of them and then you are trying to force me to answer a completely irrelevant question. Have fun with your delusion.

You truly think discussions are about winning arguments, lol.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:45 PM by Fooj Fujiyama
You can leave now that you have shown you don't have anything meaningful to add to the discussion, can't even man up and answer the question about my druid pet.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:48 PM by stinsfire
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:45 PM
You can leave now that you have shown you don't have anything meaningful to add to the discussion, can't even man up and answer the question about my druid pet.

Says the guy who ignores my arguments and then starts to insult me. Again, your question is of zero relevance. I told you ways to easily kill a hunter but now you are talking about your druid pet instead.

Here is what I wrote:

If you have problems killing Hunters as a Mage in 1on1, then I cannot help you anymore. All you have to do is utlize QC and your kit (Mezz, Stun, Nearsight, Root, Bolts, your pet) or a insta DD charge to completely fuck over a hunter or you can simply run out of range since everyone has endless permasprint.l

Did you ever adress that besides calling it bullshit?
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:49 PM by Fooj Fujiyama
Actually I replied to your shitty argument and mentioned how hunter has every advantage and didn't need a shitty buff like hunter pet sprint speed in addition, maybe you have a bad memory though.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:52 PM by stinsfire
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:49 PM
Actually I replied to your shitty argument and mentioned how hunter has every advantage and didn't need a shitty buff like hunter pet sprint speed in addition, maybe you have a bad memory though.

By calling me a bootlicker and my argument bullshit. Truly a man of culture, wise words and great arguments.
Again.. you seem to be extremely driven by your emotions and not thoughts. Can you try to make a single posts that sounds like it was written by a mature person who respects others and actually evaluates his own words before postng?
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:53 PM by Fooj Fujiyama
I'll respect you if you answer the question instead of wussing out
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:54 PM by stinsfire
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:53 PM
I'll respect you if you answer the question instead of wussing out

Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:54 PM by Fooj Fujiyama
Yep, you are bad end of story.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:57 PM by Fooj Fujiyama
If you think it's such great balancing than right here and right now you need to say that my druid pet should get equal buffs or you are complete hypocrite.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:12 PM by Sepplord
Ill happily answer the question, in a thread about druid pets...

Why are you derailing your own thread about hunter pets so hard?
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:16 PM by stinsfire
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:57 PM
If you think it's such great balancing than right here and right now you need to say that my druid pet should get equal buffs or you are complete hypocrite.

Okay let me sum your thread up to you.
1. Creates a cryptic thread without any real opening posts.
2. Claims it is the worst custom buff without giving any reason
3. Starts talking about Druid pets.
4. Gets told by two people that the druid pet is of 0 relevance to this question.
5. Claims Hunters are impossible to beat in 1on1 as mages and lists things like stealth or backstun. Ever heard of face+QC or Self-BT+QC? Use your effing head for once please.
6. Gets told several ways how to counter a hunter.
7. Calls me a bootlicker and my arguments bullshit and ignores the substance of my post by talking about his druid pet. Ever heard of this thing called DD charge that instantly breaks hunter speedshout,
8. Proceeds talking about his druid pet and insists on someone countering his non-argument despite the only two people who answered this thread telling him that it is of no relevance.

A list of things you have thrown at me instead of simply replying to my points:
bullshit (at least 3 or 4 times)
bootlicker
You deserve to be shunned for your weak response
weakling
you know you can't go toe to toe on me with this
, (lmao.. still bursting into laughter when reading this.)
garbage
gtfo
you are bad end of story (twice)
can't even man up
shitty
you have a bad memory
hypocrite
scrub
coward

edit: added scrub and coward.

Sepplord wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:12 PM
Ill happily answer the question, in a thread about druid pets...

Why are you derailing your own thread about hunter pets so hard?

Because he posseses zero impulse control and seems to be emotionally instable and generally confused. He seems to be incapable to understand logic in general.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:19 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 9:56 PM
It's probably the worst custom buff here to date, IMO. Meanwhile my nature druids pet remains a piece of garbage.

It's almost as if one if meant to be an integral tool of the class, and the other is a fire and forget interrupt.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:21 PM by Fooj Fujiyama
I can use this as an example how it isn't balanced, druid pet is 100% relevant to the discussion because it shows how there is an obvious bias in how the hunter got a ridiculous pet buff and druid pets didn't. You are just happy to have a buff and that is it, you have nothing of substance to add to the discussion. You can call me mental but I would call myself passionate about fair gameplay mechanics. You just want ez mode while keeping other people down. I have 0 respect for someone like you on here.

The comparison between the different pets is completely relevant you are just a coward and don't want to answer the question.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:21 PM by stinsfire
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:19 PM
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 9:56 PM

It's almost as if one if meant to be an integral tool of the class, and the other is a fire and forget interrupt.

That has procs etc. which a hunter pet does not have.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:22 PM by Fooj Fujiyama
I have a nature druid, who are you to say that my pet should just be a piece of shit if it's going to come down to random bs custom buffs regardless? I can't believe the stuff I read on here sometimes.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:25 PM by stinsfire
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:22 PM
I can't believe the stuff I read on here sometimes.

ditto

"Everyone disagrees with me in this thread and uses arguments while I just throw around emotionally loaded vocabulary. Everyone besides me is dumb"
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:27 PM by Fooj Fujiyama
Crazy how you defend the bs buffs but as soon as I make a point about how druid pet should also be buffed equally you can't handle it. You will glady suck it up when it comes to getting buffed but at the same time want to keep other people down. So you are in favor of shit balancing and you are bad. I don't even want my druid pet to be able to sprint I think it's stupid, it was the perfect example to show you how its ridiculous balance though considering. You will never admit that if nature druid pet h ad equal buffs you wouldn't like that very much.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:31 PM by stinsfire
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:27 PM
Crazy how you defend the bs buffs but as soon as I make a point about how druid pet should also be buffed equally you can't handle it. You will glady suck it up when it comes to getting buffed but at the same time want to keep other people down. So you are in favor of shit balancing and you are bad. I don't even want my druid pet to be able to sprint I think it's stupid, it was the perfect example to show you how its ridiculous balance though considering you won't admit that if I had it you wouldn't like that very much.

Crazy how you can't even use punctuation in a way that makes your text understandable and how you keep posting completely illogical stuff. And it's even more crazy that your posts still consist of mostly ad-hominems and straw-men. You have proven nothing. Everyone who posted in this thread told you, that you don't make sense and that still isn't enough to make you reevaluate your opinion or talk to us in a normal way that is not insulting and high-horsed?

I start to believe you have serious mental issues. And I don't mean that as an insult. It is just very evident that something is wrong with you.

This is my last post to you. There is no point to engage in a discussion with someone so hot-headed that is only driven by emotions and anger.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:48 PM by lurker
Best not to feed this guy. Just take a look through his post history, have a giggle, and move on.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:49 PM by Fooj Fujiyama
They have no solid argument to bring to this one way or the other, that's the part you should be giggling at.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:51 PM by gotwqqd
So we give Druid pet a buff, do we now need give hunters heal, group heal, spread heal , cures and Rez?

They are fundamentally two completely different class types.
There is zero point to compare their pets
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:52 PM by Uthred
Pls stop insulting each other and discuss in a reasonable way. If not, im going to close this thread. Thank you for understanding.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:54 PM by stinsfire
lurker wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:48 PM
Best not to feed this guy. Just take a look through his post history, have a giggle, and move on.

How do you become like that? You are the 4th person in this thread to point out his disturbing behaviour and he still is in "EVERYONE IS DUMB, i mUsT WiN dizZcuSsIon" Mode

In my opinion this thread can be closed.

edit: Sry, posted this after Uthred post.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:55 PM by relvinian
All i know is that the hunter pet out dps, higher level cab pet with spirit spec.

Makes no sense to me.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:56 PM by relvinian
Uthred wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:52 PM
Pls stop insulting each other and discuss in a reasonable way. If not, im going to close this thread. Thank you for understanding.

It's not even this server or this game, people just don't have any common sense anymore.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:00 AM by Fooj Fujiyama
Like I said they will gladly suck it up when it comes to getting buffs but they just want to keep other people down. You get to stealth and burst dps people from range, why should your pet get a buff? See I can do that too.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:02 AM by stinsfire
relvinian wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 11:55 PM
All i know is that the hunter pet out dps, higher level cab pet with spirit spec.

Makes no sense to me.

You also have to consider that a cabbalist does 300-500 dmg every 1.5s after he debuffed his own dmg type whereas a hunter does 120dmg with rapid fire. Plus cabby pets actually have procs and can cast. Also doesn't make sense to me. In the end.. you cannot isolate parts of a kit of a class and only compare them. You have to take the whole picture into consideration.

Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:00 AM
Like I said they will gladly suck it up when it comes to getting buffs but they just want to keep other people down. You get to stealth and burst dps people from range, why should your pet get a buff? See I can do that too.

They buffed the most underperfoming class in all three realms and you can't stop complaining about that. There was something they had to do and they decided to buff the pet. If archers rapid fire got buffed to do 250 dmg every 1.5s against cloth casters would you have started complaining that your druid cannot do 250dmg every 1.5s at range?? What do you want? The class was very weak and it still isn't very strong.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:05 AM by Fooj Fujiyama
You came into the discussion with a closed mind the second I mentioned gimp druid pets, imagine that.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:07 AM by stinsfire
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:05 AM
You came into the discussion with a closed mind the second I mentioned gimp druid pets, imagine that.

?????????? Maybe if you wanted to be a badass damage dealer with a pet that hits for a lot you shouldn't have rolled a effin SUPPORT char but an animist or enchanter instead?
With 36Nature/40 regrowth or 41Nature/35Regrowth you have access to basebuffs, resurrection, cure poison, cure disease, cure nearsight, strong single heals, strong group heals, strong inst heals, strong insta group heals, spreadheal, single root, ae root, instant root, instant ae root.
What else do you want?? Maybe ench pbaoe because it is unfair you cannot nuke for 300+ delve in a 250 radius around you? What about 1850 AE Mezz and instant mezz? Sorcs respectively Healers get them, so you should get them too, right??

Can we just close this thread please? He is still throwing around ad-hominems instead of arguments.

I answered him because I thought he would refrain from his behaviour after Uthred has posted a warning in this thread, but he just keeps the ad-hominems flowing and makes it impossible to have a discussion.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:12 AM by Fooj Fujiyama
Who are you to say a Nature druid shouldn't be able to dps? I have killed rr9 infs before, I don't wanna say you are a noob but that is for everyone else to decide.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:18 AM by gotwqqd
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:12 AM
YOU made it impossible to have a discussion
Actually he is discussing. Providing his opinions on why things should be a certain way. You simply cry out that your pet isn’t buffed appropriately. Again two different class archetypes...no comparison warranted
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:20 AM by gotwqqd
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Who are you to say a Nature druid shouldn't be able to dps? I have killed rr9 infs before, I don't wanna say you are a noob but that is for everyone else to decide.

Sounds like your class is doing fine
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:22 AM by Fooj Fujiyama
I pointed out why hunter pets with sprint speed are not fine, funny how you people cherry pick what you like and ignore the reality of the situation.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:23 AM by stinsfire
gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:18 AM
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
YOU made it impossible to have a discussion
Actually he is discussing. Providing his opinions on why things should be a certain way. You simply cry out that your pet isn’t buffed appropriately. Again two different class archetypes...no comparison warranted

But he killed a rr9 inf before. On the basis of that experience Druids are now considered damage dealers and he is entitled to do the same or more damage than classes designed for pure DPS who don't have a single ranged CC or supportive ability for their group.

Btw do you notice how he just said he killed RR9 infis? A thing impossible for hunters if they arent rr12 and have every ability up and he is still complaining.

I am going to stop it here.. me ranting about him doesn't make the thread better even if it is justified.

Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:22 AM
I pointed out why hunter pets with sprint speed are not fine, funny how you people cherry pick what you like and ignore the reality of the situation.

Oh sweet jesus... the irony is too strong for me. I feel like crying and laughing at the same time.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:23 AM by Fooj Fujiyama
I am not even talking about my druid I am talking about squishy casters, I used the druid pet as an example of how you guys would probably think it was BS if my pet had similar buffs and I was right you guys won't even acknowledge it because you know I am right.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:27 AM by stinsfire
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:23 AM
I am not even talking about my druid I am talking about squishy casters, I used the druid pet as an example of how you guys would probably think it was BS if my pet had similar buffs and I was right you guys won't even acknowledge it because you know I am right.

Not...talking....about...your...druid?

Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:28 AM by Fooj Fujiyama
I USED THE DRUID PET AS AN EXAMPLE OF HOW SPRINT SPEED ON A PET COULD BE CONSIDERED BS. DO YOU WANT MY NATURE DRUID TO HAVE SIMILAR BUFFS AS YOUR HUNTER PET YES OR NO?
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:29 AM by stinsfire
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:28 AM
I USED THE DRUID PET AS AN EXAMPLE OF HOW SPRINT SPEED ON A PET COULD BE CONSIDERED BS. DO YOU WANT MY NATURE DRUID TO HAVE SIMILAR BUFFS AS YOUR HUNTER PET YES OR NO?

Sorry, I could not understand you. Can you speak a little bit louder?

He simply isn't getting it. Hunters are supposed to kill stuff, Druids are supports. Most mage classes still win vs Hunters 1on1 if they know how to play. That is the only thing that matters. Hunters are on the lower end of the food chain and he wants them nerfed relatively the buff reverted.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:39 AM by gotwqqd
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 10:57 PM

Right here you show your intentions
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:42 AM by gotwqqd
Just....WoW!!!
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:43 AM by stinsfire
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:40 AM
You are saying an awesome niche build like a nature druid isn't dps viable in a 1 v 1, nubs like you shouldn't even be able to speak on the forums.

I thought you were not talking about your nature druid and it was just an example?
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:44 AM by Fooj Fujiyama
Nah my intention was to show how it's bs that hunters got some insane pet speed buff yet my nature druid buff is left in the garbage. I am not even asking for these shitty buffs I was using it as an example of how its garbage balancing. You guys still won't admit that you wouldn't like it if a nature druid pet had comparable buffs. It's a dps spec so what makes your character so special? You get stealth and burst range damage, hunter pets did not need this buff.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:48 AM by stinsfire
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:44 AM
Nah my intention was to show how it's bs that hunters got some insane pet speed buff yet my nature druid buff is left in the garbage. I am not even asking for these shitty buffs I was using it as an example of how its garbage balancing. You guys still won't admit that you wouldn't like it if a nature druid pet had comparable buffs. It's a dps spec so what makes your character so special? You get stealth and burst range damage, hunter pets did not need this buff.

It's a CC specc.

Most underperfoming class in rvr did not need a buff, okay. If you want we can remove the pet speed buff and increase Hunter damage by 10% all across the board. You would like that more?
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:51 AM by Fooj Fujiyama
Sure make their archery comparable to rangers and scouts if that's what you wanna cry about, just no ridiculous buff to hunter pet movement speed.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:58 AM by Fooj Fujiyama
Fight me 1 v 1, ill own your hunter with my "CC" build
Tue 18 Jun 2019 1:02 AM by stinsfire
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:58 AM

Fool Fooliyama: Hunters are OP with new pets.
Also Fool Fooliyama: I own Hunters on my Support Character that has no access to quickcast with a 70dmg delve dot and a pet that does no dmg.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 1:12 AM by gotwqqd
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:58 AM

So what exactly is your beef?
You think the pet buff is too much, yet the Druid class with the garbage pet can whip its ass.

So why bother with the post? I think you want you kill all Druid to be even better with pet buffs. Simply so because another “similar” pet received them.

Are you having to take longer now to kill a hunter?
Tue 18 Jun 2019 1:30 AM by Fooj Fujiyama
I said in an earlier post this is about squishy casters vs a hunter. My druid has no issues with wrecking hunters in fact they regularly have to 2 v 1 me out of fear. Yes the pet is garbage but I don't really own people with the pet, it's the least effective part of my strategies with beating people. The point of bringing up the pet is to remind people how bs it is for a pet to run at sprint speed let alone a pet of a character that can stealth/backstun/speed boost/burst range dps. No surprise none of you would say you would be okay with it. Like I said before I don't even want some ridiculous buff to my green pet that hits 40 damage like that, REASONABLE buffs are okay. I am in favor of fair mechanics, sprint speed hunter pets are not good balance and I already gave a good reason why in one of my firsts posts. This post is about hunter pets, the druid pet was an example to get through to you guys, which didn't really happen sadly.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 2:59 AM by gotwqqd
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Tue 18 Jun 2019 1:30 AM
I said in an earlier post this is about squishy casters vs a hunter. My druid has no issues with wrecking hunters in fact they regularly have to 2 v 1 me out of fear. Yes the pet is garbage but I don't really own people with the pet, it's the least effective part of my strategies with beating people. The point of bringing up the pet is to remind people how bs it is for a pet to run at sprint speed let alone a pet of a character that can stealth/backstun/speed boost/burst range dps. No surprise none of you would say you would be okay with it. Like I said before I don't even want some ridiculous buff to my green pet that hits 40 damage like that, REASONABLE buffs are okay. I am in favor of fair mechanics, sprint speed hunter pets are not good balance and I already gave a good reason why in one of my firsts posts. This post is about hunter pets, the druid pet was an example to get through to you guys, which didn't really happen sadly.
If you can solo a hunter 2v1 and your class is ok then the hunter need more buffs
Tue 18 Jun 2019 3:11 AM by Fooj Fujiyama
I never said I own two hunters at once, I own individual hunters rofl, I almost beat two hunters at once before tho!
Tue 18 Jun 2019 3:38 AM by AngelRose
The minor buff to the hunter pet was much needed. They are still very ez to cc out, and if a caster can't handle that, then they need to l2p

case closed
Tue 18 Jun 2019 3:42 AM by Fooj Fujiyama
Bullshit I can wreck casters on my ranger and I don't even get a pet, that was not the right buff. They are not easy to CC considering they get to you faster than they were ever meant to and while you are being pelted by arrows. Obviously they have to put in some OP cheese buff for nubs like you to succeed in this game though. Don't come at me with that ez shit when you are obv a gimpo. I had a strong semi high RR hunter on Genesis, we didn't need ultra speed pets there and I started when everybody was already high RR and yeah there wasn't easy participation rp's there. You had to be good and had to be good with the backstun also, never had these easy mode buffs that they put in for you. So in all honesty the Git Gud mentality you have you should be saying to yourself for even needing a ridiculous buff like this, hunters were fine.

You either are for shit balancing or you are for good balancing, if you are for shit balancing I will call you a nub every single time.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 4:44 AM by jelzinga_EU
You seem to be set in your opinion that hunters do not need a faster pet. That alone is already unwise, remember the saying "only fools and dead men don't change their minds" ? In this mind-set you come to a forum to "discuss" this - where the entire point of this forum is to have a civilized discussion about it. So what is the point of your topic, insult everyone who doesn't agree and start a flame-war ?

Comparing to a druid-pet makes very little sense - as the druid-pet (and the Nature-line) serves an entirely different purpose than the hunter-pet (and the Beastcrafting-line). You could argue that the druid-pet isn't very strong (and I would agree) but that statement doesn't say anything about the hunter-pet on its own.

It is quite obvious that in a larger scope the hunter-class needed something on Phoenix before the pet-change, mostly due to Archery being even more gimped on a hunter due to the lack of access to slower bows (compared to Ranger and Scout) and the horrible state of the Beastcraft-line. Devs decided to strictly adhere to the difference in bow-speeds between the realms and decided to buff the BC-line (and its pet) rather than giving them access to slower bows too.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 5:21 AM by Fooj Fujiyama
So why is that a good buff? There are a bunch of ways to make hunters more viable, like I said before this is not the right way. I find it odd that a bunch of people are coming in here to tell me what a druid pet should or shouldn't be like when it's clear what a hunter pet was... yet they got a crazy custom speed buff. IMO hunters were fine because the spear damage is crazy high. I don't think hunters were nearly as gimp as you people make them out to be.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 5:29 AM by Cooky
Locked.

Thanks for insulting each other.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics