A few Questions about the Future of Phoenix

Started 14 Jun 2019
by Gorgoroth
in Ask the Team
Hello dear Staff,

I do have a few questions to you, about the future of this amazing server. Especially regarding things planned for the future.

(if there is a backlog of things you guys work on and that is available for your players, please share this link with me, as I didn’t see it in the forum - if that is actually available)

SO, as you are usually very open and reliable with your communication towards your community, I wanted to ask you a few questions about the future:

1. Since you are experimenting with NF, if it happens to be more popular than OF (I personally hope not) will you implement things like horses to shorten the travel distance? I know you once stated that horses or speed are not planned, but neither was NF back then I think. So I wonder if you consider revisiting this thought.

2. Catacomb Classes? Obviously adjusted in their power level, as the Vamp and the Warlock would mess things up quite a bit unnerfed.

3. Artifacts? I liked those in ToA. Not the leveling of the Artifacts and neither the Grind for Scrolls or grinding the Encounters, but the Artifact effects were great. Is an implementation planned? Maybe in a setting of one custom Dungeon run with a Feather Merchant - Similar to an epic Dungeon raid, where you face (custom) Artifact Bosses and then can purchase the artifacts (level 10) with feathers. - It would also provide a nice fresh alternative to an epic dungeon raid.

4. Legendary weapons. Id love to see those, as they were fantastic balance bringers to many aspects of the game.

5. Buff charges Id love to see a visitation of this topic again. If NF stays, buff charges would improve the game greatly, as it would allow players without a main buffer and solo players to be more relevant, especially in keep defenses and attacks. I think the server would benefit from the reversal of buff charges. (but if nothing changes, I of course accept that as well)

So, I cant think of more at this moment. But id love to know what the future brings. I in any case don’t think that a stale mate where nothing new comes is in the long run never good for a game, as things may become too repetitive.

Thank you for your time and consideration. Im looking forward to all responses, if there will be any

KR
Fri 14 Jun 2019 8:40 AM by gruenesschaf
Gorgoroth wrote:
Fri 14 Jun 2019 7:38 AM
2. Catacomb Classes? Obviously adjusted in their power level, as the Vamp and the Warlock would mess things up quite a bit unnerfed.
No.

Gorgoroth wrote:
3. Artifacts? I liked those in ToA. Not the leveling of the Artifacts and neither the Grind for Scrolls or grinding the Encounters, but the Artifact effects were great. Is an implementation planned? Maybe in a setting of one custom Dungeon run with a Feather Merchant - Similar to an epic Dungeon raid, where you face (custom) Artifact Bosses and then can purchase the artifacts (level 10) with feathers. - It would also provide a nice fresh alternative to an epic dungeon raid.
No plans to add special use / proc effects, items that have to be leveled, cl or ml. The map itself / encounter to have more pve variety is something different though and might at some point come but not in the near future.

Gorgoroth wrote:
4. Legendary weapons. Id love to see those, as they were fantastic balance bringers to many aspects of the game.
No plans to add those. While they would help in some cases, they'd become a must have for solos and they'd further lower the time to kill.

Gorgoroth wrote:
5. Buff charges Id love to see a visitation of this topic again. If NF stays, buff charges would improve the game greatly, as it would allow players without a main buffer and solo players to be more relevant, especially in keep defenses and attacks. I think the server would benefit from the reversal of buff charges. (but if nothing changes, I of course accept that as well)
No plans to revisit. Making buff charges usable from inventory was a mistake that lead to many people using it which basically forced everyone to run it all and hence be nearly fully buffed the entire time. Changing the charge behavior so that it has to be equipped alone, as it would be for 1.65, wouldn't really prevent it while making it even more annoying. Requiring it to be worn and making items start their use cd when equipped would solve that issue but require retemplating which is something we don't want.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics