Those lovely Bonedancers....

Started 12 Jun 2019
by Subsonica
in Ask the Team
... with awesome pets that can walk through walls and closed doors....

any chance they will be fixed? because MANY players are strongly complaining about that, willling to leave the server

it's up to the coders now.....

cheers
Wed 12 Jun 2019 3:52 PM by kiectred
All pets do this and always have. Not saying I wouldn't mind a fix, but it's not specific to BDs nor is it likely fixable.
Wed 12 Jun 2019 4:03 PM by chryso
Yes, everyone is willing to leave the server for the slightest reason. It's a really good idea of you to play that card. Very original.
Wed 12 Jun 2019 4:27 PM by Subsonica
kiectred wrote:
Wed 12 Jun 2019 3:52 PM
All pets do this and always have. Not saying I wouldn't mind a fix, but it's not specific to BDs nor is it likely fixable.

i know that, that's a bug. period
Wed 12 Jun 2019 4:29 PM by Subsonica
chryso wrote:
Wed 12 Jun 2019 4:03 PM
Yes, everyone is willing to leave the server for the slightest reason. It's a really good idea of you to play that card. Very original.

i'm just reporting what i hear around. personally i'm not going to leave the server (don't worry, i'll always give free RPs to all my realm enemies ), but i'm asking to fix it
Wed 12 Jun 2019 5:01 PM by kiectred
Subsonica wrote:
Wed 12 Jun 2019 4:27 PM
kiectred wrote:

Think of it as a feature instead
I can't speak for the team and I'm no expert, but I assume it's really not fixable given the game environment and the fact that it has persisted for so long.
Wed 12 Jun 2019 5:02 PM by Druth
If you ever had the pleasure of a necro pet attacking you inside a keep, then you'd stop complaining about BD pets.
Wed 12 Jun 2019 5:05 PM by Stoertebecker
Say nothing wrong against cute female bonedancers, you schmock
Wed 12 Jun 2019 11:38 PM by dbeattie71
This is ok but if someone takes damage from a shroom through a door their world comes apart lol.
Wed 12 Jun 2019 11:57 PM by Boltman
Pet/NPC pathing has been a very hard part of the DOL code. I remember someone was working on it for a while, but I dont think it ever made it fully into the repository. If I recall, that's why Uthgard took so long bringing out the necro.
Thu 13 Jun 2019 12:11 AM by Kohi
Subsonica wrote:
Wed 12 Jun 2019 4:27 PM
kiectred wrote:

If you know it, then why the clickbait title and putting all the fault on BDs when it's impacting all pet classes ? Trendy posting to howl with the pack against the evil BDs ?
Thu 13 Jun 2019 2:34 AM by Horus
All pets are bad..necro pets are the worst and quite frankly I believe there is a z axis range bug (a necro pet should not be able to attack you in the lord room when the door is closed..it should be too far..)

The BD squad is a close 2nd.

Sucks for us solo archers trying our best to defend a keep..all it takes is one pet(s) running through the closed doors to ruin our day.

And the number of BDs is laughable. That huge population itself should raise eyebrows as to what is up with that class...I guess when you think about it..

-East to level
-Strong solo class
-Does well in groups
-Can send pets through doors
- oh yea all that AND TWF.
Thu 13 Jun 2019 3:05 AM by Boltman
Necro's, Animists and Bonedancers... All SI classes and all farming classes, that's why you see a bunch of them...
Thu 13 Jun 2019 5:32 AM by Thaelion
It's a general problem with the pets. The guards, for example, walk through walls :-D.
But I understand that very well because I have often been killed by pets while defending and that is very annoying...
Thu 13 Jun 2019 7:35 AM by Vkejai
Please add enchanter pets to your complaint.
Thu 13 Jun 2019 8:34 AM by Hejjin
Vkejai wrote:
Thu 13 Jun 2019 7:35 AM
Please add enchanter pets to your complaint.
Aye, this has been a constant issue recently due to all the Hib Zergs. It is a problem with all the pet classes, and is not specific to any one realm. Even before the outer gates are down the pets cab be inside the main tower attacking defenders, normally I try to lead the pets to the keep commander.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics