Account Log-in IP

Started 1 Jun 2019
by Faldor
in Ask the Team
Good Morning Phoenix

I have been reading through your rules and forum before I make a character and log into the game for the first time but I am going to wait until I can get clarification on account IP. I am asking as the IP verification detects external IP, my question is - if the IP verification is done by the external IP how is it possible to confirm that my wife and I are playing separately? I am not new to server setups and detection, having built and run different emu games and been a GM on live games so I have a few ideas on how this is done, I am asking as I don't want us banned as soon as we start playing as IP in the UK differs from providers and other countries, both of our accounts will show from the same IP that your system detects. Our IP is not static either so will change should the internet drop, as it does, and I'm guessing this would mean new verification each time it changes and therefore may flag up as multiple accounts and then cause possible problems again.

I appreciate that you will not disclose vital information on the measures you have taken to detect multiple accounts and I am not looking for any, I'm just after clarification and reassurance that we will not get banned while abiding by your rules.

I realise you may not be able to reply on the forums due to the questions I am asking and therefore a direct reply may be required from you.

My apologies if I have caused you any problems with this post as that is not my intention.

Looking forward to playing and being part of your community.

Many thanks.
Sat 1 Jun 2019 8:05 PM by Halma
IPs change constantly and you won't get any problems with two accounts having the same IP. Both accounts must be played actively though (no buffbotting). And on the same realm.
Verification usually doesn't need to be renewed when the IP changes. Only when you play from a different system (i.e. laptop) or I when the login server reboots (think I read this some time ago).
It's not that restrictive as you may think and as long as you're not buffbotting, cross realming or dualboxing you will be fine.
Sat 1 Jun 2019 8:38 PM by Faldor
Many thanks for your reply @Halma , I was just wanting to make sure we would not inadvertently do something wrong
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics