New changes

Started 4 May 2019
by Tarues
in Ask the Team
Well it seems that you guys like to force a play style. Thanks for the fun while it lasted. If you like BGS that is fine, but I for one never really have. You had a fun system that let the casual players catch up and have fun, now poof its gone.
Sat 4 May 2019 1:16 PM by Waygone
So,,, you are being "forced" into playing in BGs?
I must have missed that part of this change..
Sat 4 May 2019 1:29 PM by phixion
...play the game?

Gain RPs by actually killing people in BGs?

Have fun in the BGs?

It's about time the cancerous suiciding for RPs was ended.
Sat 4 May 2019 3:13 PM by RaisingSun
You guys killing The Frontiers with all the BG's.

Meaning, people will just stay in BG's and not get 50 and RVR in OF.

Congrats
Sat 4 May 2019 3:20 PM by Bradekes
RaisingSun wrote:
Sat 4 May 2019 3:13 PM

Congrats

Yeah there were like 10 people in thid this morning.. Frontiers are dead wow so correct
Sat 4 May 2019 3:29 PM by RaisingSun
Bradekes wrote:
Sat 4 May 2019 3:20 PM
RaisingSun wrote:

Congrats

Yeah there were like 10 people in thid this morning.. Frontiers are dead wow so correct

Well, if you play Live your whole life you see changes throughout the years. I liked the Battle Ground too, but seemed to take away from the main point of this great game. RVR end game. But with the current Buff situation for solo/duo's I'm sitting on the side line and see if they ever make significant changes. Which I kinda doubt.
Sat 4 May 2019 3:34 PM by Cider
Basically yes, now you are forced to head to mostly empty bg apart from the twinked stealthers waiting for you all because some people cant stand others enjoying the game in a different way that slightly inconveniences them because they have to put up with greys in rvr (because you know, you make them waste a cast/style whatever on you rather than them get them precious rps you are not allowed to have).

Someone above above being a prime example, RR11 moaning about others (mainly casuals) progressing in a different way to how they chose.

For me this change has just made the 1-35 process when making alts 10x less appealing (whereas before I kind of looked forward to it) and therefore its likely to significantly reduce my time playing phoenix. I dont believe I am alone with this thought.
Sat 4 May 2019 3:38 PM by Cider
Bradekes wrote:
RaisingSun wrote:

Congrats

So bascially only 10 people to fight in bg....sounds exciting. Spread out the numbers more why dont we. Fighting the same people over and over never get boring now does it.
Sat 4 May 2019 3:53 PM by Muschen
RaisingSun wrote:
Sat 4 May 2019 3:29 PM
Bradekes wrote:
RaisingSun wrote:

Congrats

Well, if you play Live your whole life you see changes throughout the years. I liked the Battle Ground too, but seemed to take away from the main point of this great game. RVR end game. But with the current Buff situation for solo/duo's I'm sitting on the side line and see if they ever make significant changes. Which I kinda doubt.

The main point is to play and have fun, you cant force people to rvr at 50. The whole point of this patch was to force people to leave BGs with /rp off removed.
Sat 4 May 2019 3:58 PM by lurker
RaisingSun wrote:

Congrats

You realise they removed RP off right? Meaning you can NOT stay in BGs...
Sat 4 May 2019 4:23 PM by Lollie
If people are so scared of players saying in battlegrounds and "killing" the frontiers then maybe they need to ask what it is about end game rvr that is disliked so much by the battle ground players?
Sat 4 May 2019 4:33 PM by Xek
One potential issue is this: Some people don't do BGs because they prefer to separate xp'ing and PvP/RVR. Getting jumped while in the middle of a pull is a completely different scenario from running out looking for a fight.

The current game setup has a majority of post 30 xp tasks in the frontiers. Getting grey ganked there hasn't been a big issue up to this point because the xp you get afterward makes up for the loss of time rebuffing and running back out to the xp spot (sometimes 3-4 times in a row because of the stealth groups farming the keeps).

With the tick change cutting that xp in half, it shifts that balance in favor of the grey gankers. My suggestion is, if this is the direction you want to go, please consider adding more leveling task items in the pve zones (all the way to 50) to allow players the extra option to separate PvP/xp if they don't enjoy the red server mentality.
Sat 4 May 2019 6:28 PM by phixion
Cider wrote:
Sat 4 May 2019 3:34 PM
Someone above above being a prime example, RR11 moaning about others (mainly casuals) progressing in a different way to how they chose.

Well, try playing a stealther and see how many times you get screwed over by players that offer no reward. It's a one way street, they get everything you get shafted by them.

Thankfully some of them actually allow me to restealth before running at my last known location and emoting /beg for me to kill them.

In any case, this style of play is not something that should be encouraged.
Sat 4 May 2019 7:39 PM by dbeattie71
lurker wrote:
Sat 4 May 2019 3:58 PM
RaisingSun wrote:

Congrats

You realise they removed RP off right? Meaning you can NOT stay in BGs...

Me thinks they didn’t even read the notes.
Sat 4 May 2019 7:59 PM by cuuchulain79
I'm not a math wizard...but isn't 35<39? People can still get their mooching RPs w/o ever setting foot in a BG full of the "twink stealthers(lol)"

I'm guessing seeing lvl 34 players achieving high RR from tasks, level 49.5 players abusing free respecs, and grey leeching being a "play style," had more to do with these changes than anything else.

I'm amazed at the QQ these changes have generated...but this is the server where entire zergs of players manage to get farmed with TWF.

TWF...
Sat 4 May 2019 9:28 PM by Roto23
Can i have your stuff?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics