Enchanter Speed Buff

Started 19 Apr 2019
by Bachji
in Ask the Team
Hi, big thanks for the free Shard, i realy appreciate it!

My experience with Enchanter so far was that he hasnt realy a unique gameplay, hes kinda a mixed up charakter you have to balance carefully. But this game is not new so there is nothing much that can be changed on his basic skills, but thats why its kinda sad if some Enchanterskills are easy replaceable by NPC Buffs. In particular the Speedbuff: on max Level its 153% normal movementspeed and thats only 3% better than the NPC Buff which you can get easy everywhere for free.

Comparing to the 2xx% of the Bardspeed(i cant remember correctly) its weak and not realy usefull even if you go Solo. The only benefit is that it not vanished after combat. I havent played daoc for more than a decade but think the % comes from Vanilla DAoC and there wasnt any hasting NPC's. I suggest, just from experience, a middleway between Bardspeed and the NPC buff, so that max Level speedbuff is about 17x to 18x % movementspeed. It also seems strange if the only the maxlevel Enchanterspeedbuff is faster than the NPC buff, i would like to see early on a reason having this skill.

what are your thoughts?
Fri 19 Apr 2019 6:07 PM by teiloh
Bachji wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 5:00 PM
Hi, big thanks for the free Shard, i realy appreciate it!

My experience with Enchanter so far was that he hasnt realy a unique gameplay, hes kinda a mixed up charakter you have to balance carefully. But this game is not new so there is nothing much that can be changed on his basic skills, but thats why its kinda sad if some Enchanterskills are easy replaceable by NPC Buffs. In particular the Speedbuff: on max Level its 153% normal movementspeed and thats only 3% better than the NPC Buff which you can get easy everywhere for free.

Comparing to the 2xx% of the Bardspeed(i cant remember correctly) its weak and not realy usefull even if you go Solo. The only benefit is that it not vanished after combat. I havent played daoc for more than a decade but think the % comes from Vanilla DAoC and there wasnt any hasting NPC's. I suggest, just from experience, a middleway between Bardspeed and the NPC buff, so that max Level speedbuff is about 17x to 18x % movementspeed. It also seems strange if the only the maxlevel Enchanterspeedbuff is faster than the NPC buff, i would like to see early on a reason having this skill.

what are your thoughts?

At a later patch level 2ndary speed was raised to 74%. I don't think it was a bad change.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 6:28 PM by Quik
I wouldn't mind Teiloh's suggestion, but for me personally I am just happy to have hastener speed even after fights.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 8:29 PM by Numatic
Quik wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 6:28 PM
I wouldn't mind Teiloh's suggestion, but for me personally I am just happy to have hastener speed even after fights.

This. Im not sure it wont be over powered (as long as the other secondary speed classes in the other realms get it too), however you shouldnt overlook the fact that hastener is a 10min buff and once in combat it goes away. Having a ready made hastener buff is a godsend that a lot of other classes dont get.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics