Recent Pet Changes opens up several questions, for several classes.

Started 16 Apr 2019
by teiloh
in Ask the Team
Hi, it's the pet guy. I noticed the changes on /servernews today. I think each point leaves several questions, for several classes of pets - summoned, FNF, and charmed.

First, to clarify for all readers, how pets worked in 1.65 and in many cases live is as follows:

Ref 1) For summoned pets, hit rate, miss rate, resist rate and interrupt rate were based on the level of the caster regardless of con. Therefore, a level 50 Druid with a grey pet or a 50 Theurg using a green ice pet would 100% interrupt a 50 target in RvR.

Ref 2) For charmed pets, however, hit rate, miss rate, resist rate and interrupt rates were based on the level of the mob. Therefore green Body Sorc pets (often torcans) would fail to interrupt at a rate of roughly 50-37 * 5%. They'd interrupt only about a third of a time (I can double check this). Minstrel/Mentalist pets would resist spells at their level, and could interrupt MOC at roughly 5% per 1 level over 50. This can also be tested on live, and I can do it upon request.

Ref 3) For pet spell level, sometimes pet spells scaled with the level of the pet (Enchanter, Cabalist), but often times each mob was assigned a specific spell with its own spell level that was static regardless of caster level. This is what worked with Theurgist ice pets and Animist pets - Theurg ice pets at levels 25 and above had similar spells, and thus did similar damage and had roughly equal spell resist rates. At one point you would see in your log "You begin casting your Theurgist Ice Pet Spell VI" or something. This was the balancing point for devs, they would tweak spell power up and down if a specific pet was too weak. Upon casting, the interrupt rates would work as described in the two above paragraphs.

That said today's changes leaves several questions open for now and on future development. I'll go class by class. For reference, Live is DaoC on the live state, OG or Original is DaoC on the original 1.65 state, and Here is Phoenix, present.

BD Pet Spell Lists - https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6309&p=42700&hilit=bonedancer#p42700
1. As noted before, BD pet spell lists here deviate significantly from OG 1.65 and Live. BD dark pets and debuffers cast significantly faster, and BD dark pet spells hit harder even after these April adjustments on Phoenix. However , BD healer spell lists are different. The top level healer pet healed for over 100, could not be interrupted, and casted healing spells at around 3.2s unbuffed (vs 4.0s Here). The current iteration of BD healer pet represents a major nerf to Supp, while the present iteration of Dark is a major (but needed) buff to Dark.

I think it's important to know if these are conscious balance changes, because we don't have documentation and dev notes to work with. imo, this sets the stage for further balance changes when previously, we are under the impression that we want to be conservative with balance changes. But as you can see here,with just .5-.8 second tweaks to pet spell lists, the demographic of a class is completely altered as is the general playstyle - BDs were never the go-to farm class. But these custom changes to BD dark aremuch better balanced than OG where dark pets were worthless!

If there are plans for change, is the original blueprint OG or will they be custom balance changes that require the full amount of careful dev discretion as any other major balance change?

Animist Shrooms
1. As noted in Ref3, shrooms casted their spells that were set based on the level of pet summoned on the Animist's lists. On Here, even grey shrooms are hitting targets at full high level resists. So when you walk through a grey pile of shrooms, instead of seeing maybe 30-50% resist rate, you will take damage from almost 9 out of 10 hits. This is a significant change, especially for debuffing/tangler pets, raising effective to-hit%.

Will this be explored as a means to balance Animist pets in RvR?

Theurgist FnF Pets
1. As noted in Ref3, Theurgist ice pets were given set spells that did not scale much with the caster's level. This has long been a complaint of Theurgist players (https://tracker.playphoenix.online/issues/6bd36e53-6e42-47fe-9704-4d77eef06a24), and its one that makes sense - it doesn't stand to reason that higher level pets have close to 0 impact on the game.

Current status on Here, at least before the April pet changes, are Live-and-OG-like - however, a buff would be a sensible balance decision: what will be done?

Enchanter, Cabalist and Summons:
1. There have been several complaints that summoned pets are doing less damage Here than OG: https://tracker.playphoenix.online/issues/831f4dd0-5f86-4dd0-aad9-ea8ac311a20a

Does today's fix alter the damage of these pets considerably (scaling on level), and in what direction, and is this the intent of the patch?

Charm
1. I noticed upon testing, that Minstrel pets are doing even less damage than they were before: quoting /servernews, "pet level in RvR combat is no longer the higher of pet or owner level but instead always the lower of the two, this affects outgoing and incoming spell and melee damage." If I understand this correctly, this means that Minstrel and Mentalist pet bonuses are attenuated per level over 50, which makes it pointless to take anything over level 50 as it yields increased resist rates, but receives none of the benefits on OG/Live (greater resist rates, greater damage, greater interrupt rate).

Here is one example of Here vs Live:

Live Video: https://gfycat.com/idealdimpledarcticwolf

Here DPS. Note that this is even less than a few days ago where the average was around 120-150 before resists (on me, the player target equivalent to today's test dummy)
[12:56:10] Your Ellyll sage hits Training Dummy Level 50 for 94 (-33) damage!
[12:56:14] Ellyll sage casts a spell!
[12:56:14] Your Ellyll sage hits Training Dummy Level 50 for 85 (-29) damage!
[12:56:18] Ellyll sage casts a spell!
[12:56:18] Your Ellyll sage hits Training Dummy Level 50 for 100 (-35) damage!
[12:56:22] Ellyll sage casts a spell!
[12:56:22] Your Ellyll sage hits Training Dummy Level 50 for 89 (-31) damage!
[12:56:26] Ellyll sage casts a spell!
[12:56:26] Your Ellyll sage hits Training Dummy Level 50 for 94 (-33) damage!
[12:56:30] Ellyll sage casts a spell!
[12:56:30] Your Ellyll sage hits Training Dummy Level 50 for 96 (-33) damage!
[12:56:34] Ellyll sage casts a spell!
[12:56:34] Your Ellyll sage hits Training Dummy Level 50 for 108 (-38) damage!
[12:56:38] Ellyll sage casts a spell!
[12:56:38] Your Ellyll sage hits Training Dummy Level 50 for 80 (-28) damage!
[12:56:42] Ellyll sage casts a spell!
[12:56:42] Your Ellyll sage hits Training Dummy Level 50 for 98 (-34) damage!
[12:56:46] Ellyll sage casts a spell!
[12:56:46] Your Ellyll sage hits Training Dummy Level 50 for 105 (-37) damage!
[12:56:50] Ellyll sage casts a spell!
[12:56:50] Your Ellyll sage hits Training Dummy Level 50 for 88 (-31) damage!

As you can see, Ellyl sage DPS has gone down from roughly 200 every 2 seconds to 90 every 3-4 seconds, a nerf of 75%. In fact, a level 53 Ellyll sage does less than half the DPS of a single Warmage, even after this week's Warmage nerf. This is pertinent: is this a spell list nerf, a result of scaling down, or both?

Can we clarify on this issue? On Here, Minstrel pets are nerfed in that:
1. Charm cannot be spammed more than 5 times a second
2. There is a hard cap on pet levels
3. Pet damage is generally lower vs. live (not including attenuation - damage per swing is simply set lower for about 90% of mobs I tested, there is custom attenuation on top of that)
4. I have noted no double hits from pets despite the recent patch notes
5. Several mobs have been nerfed in terms of abilities. A brief list: frore lich, cyhraeth, hollow man, far dorocha, goborchend wounder, frost stallion, einhorning, scorcher, wi'voron flamethrower, Ellyll sage, Ellyll champion, Ellyll Windchaser, pictish druid, Arawnite shamaness, Amadan touched, great brown drake, isolationist armsman, cyclops arcana, Priestess
6. Pet resist rate vs spells is generally lower: https://tracker.playphoenix.online/issues/c59f0a00-38fb-4100-98fa-8146cffe432e
7. Pet DoTs no longer interrupt on each tick (affects Cabs, Minstrels, Sorcs, Necros and Ments predominantly, three Alb core classes). I understand this is intentional, but it's a major balance change that impacts Albs.
8. Pet damage is scaled down, erasing much of the benefit of charming higher mobs.
9. Several mobs have been nerfed in terms of speed. There appear to be no pets over 200 speed, whereas OG/Live, there are; frost stallion (http://camelot.allakhazam.com/db/search.html?cmob=763) Ellyll windchaser (http://camelot.allakhazam.com/db/search.html?cmob=162) Enhorning (http://camelot.allakhazam.com/db/search.html?cmob=758)
10. Pet interrupt rate?

Can we get word on which of these is intentional, which of these were intended to be addressed by today's patch?

Necromancers
1. Will Necromancers be taking significantly more damage now? I noticed already that pet swings and especially the Abom proc have taken massive reductions in damage (50%+ for proc). Necromancers already took much more damage in RvR than on live, and they still suffer from being crit 100%.

General
1. The notes say Absorb from buffs had diminishing returns removed. Yet, this means lower absorb values? Could you clarify?
2. How is Base AF being altered? Was it giving more absorb prior? I think it's behavior before was Live-like.
3. How will debuffs be impacted? Debuffed pets die very fast in RvR. This will especially impact Necro survivability.

I think the big question is, what is the reference point we're balancing pets toward? As it appears to me, the original data that was imported was incomplete, and several holes had to be patched by memory, with ZAM/Prima aiding the process. If it's the case that we want Original behavior, we could try to set up a small player volunteer team to do research (from internet archives as well as Live testing).

Do we want OG-like pet behavior and does this require much more player input and testing?

Or

Were pets simply considered overpowered, and thus nerfed? - imo, the pet realms (Alb and Hib) are a bit underpop compared to Mid for a lot of reasons, the pet nerfs being one of them.

lastly

How is pet balance going to be handled going forward?

Because the documentation is so thin on a complex balance issue, will we be doing custom changes? Right now, many pet movement speeds, dual-hit rates and resists are different than on OG/Live. Afaik, almost all summoned pets were spirit weak for example, but this does not seem to be the case Here. I ask because this is a very significant deviation from the original stated balance philosophy which was OG with some changes. These pet changes go so far to the point where I think we can almost completely abandon that idea and say the server is totally custom with a partially-complete OG as astarting point rather than a reference point
. Personally, I think massive (75-80%+) nerfs to pet effectiveness necessitates equally large balance changes to non-pet powers, like Savage buffs, Bard Amnesia and BD instants, for example.

As always, thank you very much for any input and discussion.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:12 PM by Ardri
Excellent post with many pertinent questions. Hopefully Uthred and Gruenesschaf will answer and consider this going forward. As it stands now, various pets seem to be handled in a very hodge-podge sort of way.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:30 PM by Sharky04
teiloh wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 7:05 PM
The current iteration of BD healer pet represents a major nerf to Supp, while the present iteration of Dark is a major (but needed) buff to Dark.

Yeah, sure, Darkness BD's needed a buff. Most underplayed class, ever.

teiloh wrote:
This is a significant change, especially for debuffing/tangler pets, raising effective to-hit%.

Will this be explored as a means to balance Animist pets in RvR?

You mean nerfing pet amount to 14 per 1000 area, and disallowing them in milegates and keeps was not nerf enough? One more change and you will not find one Animist in RVR.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:32 PM by Dariussdars
Sharky04 wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:30 PM
teiloh wrote:
The current iteration of BD healer pet represents a major nerf to Supp, while the present iteration of Dark is a major (but needed) buff to Dark.

Yeah, sure, Darkness BD's needed a buff. Most underplayed class, ever.

It is the ONLY specline of the three that was worth playing.

Majority of the BDs online at any given time weren't even in the frontier. You would actually know that, if you played in Mid.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:36 PM by Sharky04
Dariussdars wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:32 PM
Majority of the BDs online at any given time weren't even in the frontier. You would actually know that, if you played in Mid.

Bonedancers are everywhere in RVR. You see a SM or RM maybe once every 30 minutes.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:39 PM by gruenesschaf
Pets had, and still have, several in part rather bizarre issues which are currently a focus.

Instead of doing only one really huge change all at once we're going to spread out a couple more or less noticeable changes over some days. This can and likely will include some ups and downs, for example in cases where a mechanic fix reveals earlier band aids to get the correct end result despite errors in the mechanic. To give an example: if mob spell damage was in general too high and instead of fixing the root cause some pets may or may not have had their delve lowered or increased, and once the root cause is fixed the mob might now do way too much or way too little damage, the delve fix might then follow in a later update once such a band aid was found. The important thing here being that those band aids, reduction or increase in delve, were only applied to some and not all npcs / pets whereas the mechanic fix applies to all.

Until yesterday all pets took the higher of pet and caster level for spell resist and hit chance, spell damage spec and level where / how the extra level difference based damage bonus or penalty (now linear at 2% per level) is applied, except in melee where this bonus was capped at the owner level. That means low level pets did more damage than they are supposed to and above 50 did less than live, in both cases mainly due to the level difference bonus / penalty. The higher of owner and pet level was used when the pet is a target.

The update yesterday/today changed the used level to the actual pet level but kept the owner level cap for charmed mobs in melee. The resist and miss rate will likely be using the higher of the two again.

To your references
1) Miss / Resist mentioned above, our interrupt rate is always 100% for for all rvr actions that at least have a chance to rupt, with neither moc nor QC being interruptable at all.

2) We have no distinction between charmed and summoned pets, currently not sure if that was intentional

3) Same here, pets either have scaling spells or absolute delves regardless of their level

Other things:
Shrooms, Theurgist: one known pet / mob bug is that the mob level is used as the spell level for resists
Summoned caster pets: the changes resulted in lower damage, as now level 44 is used instead of 50. However, a change to the delve of their scaling spell is planned.

Charm:
1) Intended
2) Intended
3) Most mobs have a faster swing speed and hence lower damage per swing
4) The patch note just indicated that this is now supported at all, only rather few mobs have it assigned
6) Something that either was already addressed with todays patch or is something that will follow tomorrow
7) Intended
9) Low priority and high effort issue but should eventually get looked at
10) See above, 100% regardless of level, 0% against moc

Necromancer:
They should take more melee damage now

General:
The pet abs through stats changes should now replicate the live state from around 2008/9 which is where we have quite a bit of data from

1) The first 50 stats gave 0.25%, the next 0.225% and the next 0.2 etc., now it's a flat 0.155%
2) We're using the later mechanic where base af is very useful and spec af does nothing, however, base af on pets was actually working like af and not like the other stats
3) Same % per stat and hence due to the now flat scaling nerfed in all cases except when the pet is basically fully buffed

Live like behavior is basically intended where it does not conflict with other intentional changes. Just to give an example, a necro pet receiving significantly more or less damage in melee rvr combat than on live given the same stats is not intended, neither would be significant differences for the cab / ench caster pets or any kind of theurgist pet.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:42 PM by Dariussdars
Sharky04 wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:36 PM
Dariussdars wrote:

Bonedancers are everywhere in RVR. You see a SM or RM maybe once every 30 minutes.

Last few times I bothered checking, about 1/3 of the level 50 BDs on were in the frontier, usually about 10 of them.

I won't even bother levelling my RM, due to the stealth zergs that are always out. I like to play solo, and soloing on a class that will get 2 shot every time is a waste of time. Even with purge up, RM will be dead if any assasin even looks at him funny. Only reason I played a BD, was because he had a better chance of surviving against the stealth zergs that infest the frontiers.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:48 PM by Dariussdars
Sharky04 wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:36 PM
Dariussdars wrote:

10 of the 38 level 50 BDs are out in RvR zones currently. About 1/4th of the level 50 BDs are RvRing, which isn't close to them being "everywhere".
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:50 PM by Sharky04
Dariussdars wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:42 PM
Last few times I bothered checking, about 1/3 of the level 50 BDs on were in the frontier, usually about 10 of them.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 10:21 PM by Bradekes
So glad this change happened hunter pets were so OP... Don't forget the fact they seem to be nerfing PVE very harshly after the intro of the new dungeon.. One day soon melee groups might actually be the best form of leveling also might need a solid 8man to reach level 10.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 10:25 PM by Dariussdars
Sharky04 wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:50 PM
Dariussdars wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:42 PM

Weird how when I just checked there were 38 level 50 BDs on. 92 BDs on at the moment, 42 of them are level 50, 13 are in the frontier. Thanks for your irrelevant screenshot though.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 11:16 PM by AngelRose
Bradekes wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 10:21 PM
So glad this change happened hunter pets were so OP... Don't forget the fact they seem to be nerfing PVE very harshly after the intro of the new dungeon.. One day soon melee groups might actually be the best form of leveling also might need a solid 8man to reach level 10.

Is this a joke? Hunter pets are almost useless

where is the information about pet nerf? New to this forum and I can't find it
Tue 16 Apr 2019 11:28 PM by teiloh
gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:39 PM
Pets had, and still have, several in part rather bizarre issues which are currently a focus.

Instead of doing only one really huge change all at once we're going to spread out a couple more or less noticeable changes over some days. This can and likely will include some ups and downs, for example in cases where a mechanic fix reveals earlier band aids to get the correct end result despite errors in the mechanic. To give an example: if mob spell damage was in general too high and instead of fixing the root cause some pets may or may not have had their delve lowered or increased, and once the root cause is fixed the mob might now do way too much or way too little damage, the delve fix might then follow in a later update once such a band aid was found. The important thing here being that those band aids, reduction or increase in delve, were only applied to some and not all npcs / pets whereas the mechanic fix applies to all.

Until yesterday all pets took the higher of pet and caster level for spell resist and hit chance, spell damage spec and level where / how the extra level difference based damage bonus or penalty (now linear at 2% per level) is applied, except in melee where this bonus was capped at the owner level. That means low level pets did more damage than they are supposed to and above 50 did less than live, in both cases mainly due to the level difference bonus / penalty. The higher of owner and pet level was used when the pet is a target.

The update yesterday/today changed the used level to the actual pet level but kept the owner level cap for charmed mobs in melee. The resist and miss rate will likely be using the higher of the two again.

I see. It does make more sense to have general pet mechanics in place before tweaking individual pets. However, with pets over 50 this pretty much only affects Minstrels and Mentalists - is there any reason why Minstrel or Mentalist melee damage had to be taken down? They are not benefiting from any adjustments to pet spell damage, because as of now there aren't any pets above 50 that cast spells other than the Ellyl sage - which is nuking dummies for 90-120, far less than individual Warmage pets at this moment, and at a slower speed.

2) We have no distinction between charmed and summoned pets, currently not sure if that was intentional

Here is my log on Live. More testing can be done to suss out the exact percentage, but I believe it's about 5% per level over 50. This was a game design feature which was mentioned before by Mythic in updates and patch notes, here:
(https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/1122b-live-patch-notes
"Level 50 – Summon Dread Lord – 6s cast – 65% power
This pet is level 52 and can hold up to 5 normal subpets.
This pet has a chance to interrupt enemies under the effects of Mastery of Concentration due to its higher mob level."

https://camelotherald.fandom.com/wiki/Mastery_of_Concentration:
"Grants the user a brief (30 seconds and is affected by duration bonuses) of uninterrupted casting. Note that a user can still be interrupted by higher level monsters or keep/tower/lords/guards. "

Level 58 Goborchend wounder mob
[16:42:38] @@You say, "testing on MOC"
[16:42:39] The goborchend wounder resists the charm!
[16:42:41] You cancel your effect.
[16:42:42] You lose control of the goborchend wounder!
[16:42:42] You release control of your controlled target.
[16:42:49] You become steadier in your casting abilities!
[16:42:50] You target [Cress].
[16:42:50] You examine Cress. He is a member of the Minstrel class in your realm.
[16:42:51] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:42:51] The goborchend wounder attacks you and misses!
[16:42:52] The goborchend wounder is attacking you and your spell is interrupted!
[16:42:55] The goborchend wounder hits your hand for 151 (-42) damage!
[16:42:56] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:42:57] Cress does not currently have this effect to remove.
[16:42:58] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:42:59] The goborchend wounder hits your arm for 61 (-34) damage!
[16:42:59] The goborchend wounder is attacking you and your spell is interrupted!
[16:43:02] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:43:03] The goborchend wounder hits your torso for 87 (-30) damage!
[16:43:03] Cress does not currently have this effect to remove.
[16:43:05] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:43:05] The goborchend wounder is attacking you and your spell is interrupted!
[16:43:07] The goborchend wounder attacks you and misses!
[16:43:07] You must wait 1 seconds to cast a spell!
[16:43:11] The goborchend wounder hits your leg for 115 (-32) damage!
[16:43:12] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:43:14] Cress does not currently have this effect to remove.
[16:43:14] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:43:15] The goborchend wounder hits your leg for 122 (-34) damage!
[16:43:16] Cress does not currently have this effect to remove.
[16:43:16] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:43:17] The goborchend wounder is attacking you and your spell is interrupted!
[16:43:19] The goborchend wounder hits your torso for 62 (-34) damage!
[16:43:20] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:43:21] Cress does not currently have this effect to remove.
[16:43:22] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:43:23] The goborchend wounder attacks you and misses!
[16:43:23] Cress does not currently have this effect to remove.
[16:43:24] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:43:25] Cress does not currently have this effect to remove.
[16:43:26] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:43:27] The goborchend wounder hits your arm for 112 (-37) damage!
[16:43:27] The goborchend wounder is attacking you and your spell is interrupted!

Other things:
Shrooms, Theurgist: one known pet / mob bug is that the mob level is used as the spell level for resists
Summoned caster pets: the changes resulted in lower damage, as now level 44 is used instead of 50. However, a change to the delve of their scaling spell is planned.

Ok. Great! On live, the level 25 ice pet has always had a resist rate of around 85% at 50 and hit for 120-150 damage, just as a side note.

Charm:
1) Intended
2) Intended
4) The patch note just indicated that this is now supported at all, only rather few mobs have it assigned
9) Low priority and high effort issue but should eventually get looked at

Thanks. I did assume for point 5, with mob abilities, that it is being addressed under the bugtracker pipeline as Uthred put it: https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?p=53379#p53379
I hope these can be held as priority changes, because it's making a big difference for not only PvE but PvP.

For Wild Mob damage, almost all mobs I have tested do considerably less damage in the Wild state. This is compounded by the removal/lack of fix for melee damage bonuses: brief testing here in my response in the other thread. Sorry for the mess, but this is a complicated issue https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?p=55070#p55070

For 9, I'm quite glad to hear this. I understand each mob has dozens of statistics so it's a lot of effort.

1) The first 50 stats gave 0.25%, the next 0.225% and the next 0.2 etc., now it's a flat 0.155%
2) We're using the later mechanic where base af is very useful and spec af does nothing, however, base af on pets was actually working like af and not like the other stats
3) Same % per stat and hence due to the now flat scaling nerfed in all cases except when the pet is basically fully buffed

Thanks. I'm still digging around for screenshots wrt Spec AF working on pets. This was one of Alb's main PvE advantages back in the day, Spec AF working on Cab/Necro pets, and it was commonly commented on by players from all three realms.

For 1 and 3, prior I believe Str, Con and Dex each contributed in differing amounts to NPC absorb, with Str contributing less per point. Does that mean that each point of Str, Con, Dex and AF is roughly equivalent for NPC absorb now? IMO this represents a very large change to game mechanics. There is a post out there somewhere breaking down exactly how much per point, but I'm having trouble finding it.

Live like behavior is basically intended where it does not conflict with other intentional changes. Just to give an example, a necro pet receiving significantly more or less damage in melee rvr combat than on live given the same stats is not intended, neither would be significant differences for the cab / ench caster pets or any kind of theurgist pet.

Understood. For me the problem is that Necro pets are completely changed on live. I might be able to tease out NPC absorb-per-point-of-stat though.

IMHO, I'd suggest:

1. Raising wild mob DPS to equal live
2. Setting charm/summon mechanics as they were on live
3. Reinstating bonus damage for charmed pets in RvR, as right now a green con BD pet outDPS a level 60 pet (based on my and Leroy's data) since both Wild charmable mobs are weaker, and they receive no damage bonus
4. Adjusting absorb-per-point of stat to live-like unless we can find data from earlier iterations
5. Allowing Spec AF to work on pets as it did 2004-2005 and on Phoenix Beta
6. Reviewing weak and underperforming pets (fossil archer, fossil healer, over 25 theurg ice pets)

I'd argue that this would be good for realm balance, as generally it's Alb and Hib that are the pet realms but Midgard is consistently overpop.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 11:29 PM by teiloh
AngelRose wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 11:16 PM
Bradekes wrote:

Right now we're trying to tease out the exact mechanics but I think the devs are laying down the groundwork for more pet adjustments.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 11:38 PM by Bradekes
AngelRose wrote:

You mean they are sickly OP.... My level 20 hero almost died to one once in FZ
Wed 17 Apr 2019 12:06 AM by AngelRose
Bradekes wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 11:38 PM
AngelRose wrote:

You mean they are sickly OP.... My level 20 hero almost died to one once in FZ

lol..ok...its a joke...phew
Wed 17 Apr 2019 12:54 AM by Bradekes
AngelRose wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 12:06 AM
lol..ok...its a joke...phew

Tell that to my hero...
Wed 17 Apr 2019 4:07 PM by pax
teiloh wrote:
For what i remember and experimenting every day, charm is 3 times per second not 5.

Anyway thanks for existing and be so documented and precise. I have never played Daoc before and from January i rolled my first and only char; is a Minstrel because i like the pet style that was familiar to my Uo tamer with dragon+nightmare ecc.
After 3\4 months from what i see i have the following problems with the class:
- Not good caster pets (all nerfed) so you go with melees, but as today they got nerfed too from a purple was like a 160\170 damage now i got a 135 both on chain, possible?
- Not high level pet in Midgard and maybe in Albion map too? Just lv60 for Midgard and 58 for Albion?
- No big differences in damage from an orange to a 60 red to a 61\62 purple.

So im not much inspired in going higher RR to charm better beast because they not exist and damage is scaling so little.. as now i wished that i rolled a skald as was my second choice.
On a side note i was lf the true legacy experience of Daoc with some quality of life improvements, but the pet system as telioth explained is really far from what it was, so i can not even have some taste of what a minstrel was at the time..

Ave, RR8L5, New Bie, Minstrel. Waiting for some brighter news..
Wed 17 Apr 2019 6:57 PM by teiloh
pax wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 4:07 PM
teiloh wrote:
For what i remember and experimenting every day, charm is 3 times per second not 5.

Anyway thanks for existing and be so documented and precise. I have never played Daoc before and from January i rolled my first and only char; is a Minstrel because i like the pet style that was familiar to my Uo tamer with dragon+nightmare ecc.
After 3\4 months from what i see i have the following problems with the class:
- Not good caster pets (all nerfed) so you go with melees, but as today they got nerfed too from a purple was like a 160\170 damage now i got a 135 both on chain, possible?
- Not high level pet in Midgard and maybe in Albion map too? Just lv60 for Midgard and 58 for Albion?
- No big differences in damage from an orange to a 60 red to a 61\62 purple.

So im not much inspired in going higher RR to charm better beast because they not exist and damage is scaling so little.. as now i wished that i rolled a skald as was my second choice.
On a side note i was lf the true legacy experience of Daoc with some quality of life improvements, but the pet system as telioth explained is really far from what it was, so i can not even have some taste of what a minstrel was at the time..

Ave, RR8L5, New Bie, Minstrel. Waiting for some brighter news..

Yep. Almost all pets that casted originally no longer have any abilities, or they're severely nerfed. I think I've submitted some on the bug tracker and they're being looked into.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 8:43 PM by 9Tails
Please make hunter pets relevant. I feel like they are useless right now QQ
Wed 17 Apr 2019 10:54 PM by teiloh
gruenesschaf wrote:

Hi Gruenes, in response to this data point, I did more testing on this, and this is what I found:

L53 Levian-al (Here)
15 hits, 52s, 3.46s swing, 146 raw damage, (after AF buff off and mob returns to Wild state) 42 rawDPS.

You can see below the temporary restriction on released Wild Mob damage, then it reverts to 104 (-42) in Wild State. Swing speed is 3.46s, quite close to the 3.4 listed on ZAM. AF canceled mid-test to show differences.

[17:37:24] You lose control of the levian-al.
[17:37:24] You release control of your controlled target.
[17:37:24] You lose control of the levian-al!
[17:37:24] The levian-al hits your torso for 88 (-35) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1409)
[17:37:27] The levian-al hits your foot for 88 (-35) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1409)
[17:37:29] @@You say, "lvl 53 levian-al, Phoenix 713 AF"
[17:37:30] The levian-al hits your torso for 88 (-35) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1409)
[17:37:34] The levian-al hits your leg for 97 (-39) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1560)
[17:37:38] The levian-al hits your head for 97 (-39) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1560)
[17:37:44] The levian-al hits your torso for 104 (-42) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1677)
[17:37:48] The levian-al hits your foot for 104 (-42) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1677)
[17:37:52] The levian-al hits your arm for 104 (-42) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1677)
[17:37:55] The levian-al hits your arm for 104 (-42) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1677)
[17:37:58] The levian-al hits your torso for 104 (-42) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1677)
[17:38:02] The levian-al hits your head for 104 (-42) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1677)
[17:38:05] The levian-al hits your torso for 104 (-42) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1677)
[17:38:09] The levian-al hits your foot for 104 (-42) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1677)
[17:38:12] The levian-al hits your torso for 104 (-42) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1677)
[17:38:16] The levian-al hits your leg for 104 (-42) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1677)

Here's the raw damage for L54 Levian-al (Here)
[17:50:12] @@You say, "54 levian al, 713 af"
[17:50:13] The levian-al hits your leg for 92 (-37) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1452)

After return to Wild state
[17:50:28] The levian-al hits your torso for 101 (-41) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1598)

After cancelling AF Buff charge -> 638 af
[17:50:55] You cancel your Stat Buff Shield.
[17:50:55] Your holy aura wears off.
[17:50:56] The levian-al hits your leg for 112 (-45) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1769)

Here Wild Mob rawDPS = 157/3.4 = 46

LIVE TEST
L54 Levian-al (Live)
30 Hits, 6 misses, 36 swings over 2m2s, 3.38 per swing, 169 raw w/o conversion, 179 factoring out AF difference, Live Wild Mob rawDPS = 53.

AF factored out using testing here (http://www.postcount.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-3176.html) at approx 1.3% per 10 paper doll AF on live (on Here, paper doll AF does not display 1 + .ABSORB bonus). Above two Here tests to demonstrate.

Matches http://camelot.allakhazam.com/db/search.html?cmob=484
[16:51:45] @@You say, "level 54 levian-al, 687 AF and conversion"
[16:51:49] 4 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:51:49] The levian-al hits your leg for 83 (-50) damage!
[16:51:53] 4 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:51:53] The levian-al hits your torso for 77 (-33) damage!
[16:51:57] 6 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:51:57] The levian-al hits your head for 120 (-51) damage!
[16:52:01] 6 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:52:01] The levian-al hits your hand for 125 (-53) damage!
[16:52:04] 5 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:52:04] The levian-al hits your torso for 112 (-48) damage!
[16:52:08] The levian-al attacks you and misses!
[16:52:12] 4 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:52:12] The levian-al hits your torso for 88 (-37) damage!
[16:52:16] 7 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:52:16] The levian-al hits your hand for 139 (-59) damage!
[16:52:19] 5 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:52:19] The levian-al hits your leg for 95 (-41) damage!
[16:52:23] 6 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:52:23] The levian-al hits your foot for 120 (-52) damage!
[16:52:27] 6 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:52:27] The levian-al hits your leg for 121 (-52) damage!
[16:52:31] 5 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:52:31] The levian-al hits your arm for 104 (-44) damage!
[16:52:34] 5 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:52:34] The levian-al hits your torso for 110 (-47) damage!
[16:52:38] The levian-al attacks you and misses!
[16:52:42] 5 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:52:42] The levian-al hits your torso for 102 (-44) damage!
[16:52:46] 4 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:52:46] The levian-al hits your torso for 87 (-37) damage!
[16:52:49] 5 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:52:49] The levian-al hits your leg for 104 (-44) damage!
[16:52:53] 6 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:52:53] The levian-al hits your arm for 127 (-55) damage!
[16:52:57] 5 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:52:57] The levian-al hits your torso for 112 (-48) damage!
[16:53:01] 4 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:53:01] The levian-al hits your torso for 80 (-34) damage!
[16:53:04] 4 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:53:04] The levian-al hits your torso for 95 (-40) damage!
[16:53:08] The levian-al attacks you and misses!
[16:53:12] 5 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:53:12] The levian-al hits your torso for 112 (-48) damage!
[16:53:15] You become steadier in your casting abilities!
[16:53:15] You target [Cress].
[16:53:15] You examine Cress. He is a member of the Minstrel class in your realm.
[16:53:16] 7 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:53:16] The levian-al hits your leg for 137 (-59) damage!
[16:53:16] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:53:17] Cress does not currently have this effect to remove.
[16:53:18] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:53:19] 5 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:53:19] The levian-al hits your torso for 111 (-47) damage!
[16:53:19] You must have a pet under your control to channel a spell through it!
[16:53:20] Cress does not currently have this effect to remove.
[16:53:20] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:53:22] Cress does not currently have this effect to remove.
[16:53:22] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:53:23] 4 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:53:23] The levian-al hits your torso for 77 (-33) damage!
[16:53:23] You must have a pet under your control to channel a spell through it!
[16:53:24] Cress does not currently have this effect to remove.
[16:53:25] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:53:25] The levian-al is attacking you and your spell is interrupted!
[16:53:27] 7 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:53:27] The levian-al hits your leg for 139 (-60) damage!
[16:53:28] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:53:29] Cress does not currently have this effect to remove.
[16:53:30] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:53:31] The levian-al attacks you and misses!
[16:53:31] Cress does not currently have this effect to remove.
[16:53:32] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:53:33] The levian-al is attacking you and your spell is interrupted!
[16:53:34] You must wait 1 seconds to cast a spell!
[16:53:34] The levian-al attacks you and misses!
[16:53:35] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:53:37] Cress does not currently have this effect to remove.
[16:53:38] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:53:38] 4 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:53:38] The levian-al hits your torso for 88 (-38) damage!
[16:53:39] You gather energy from your surroundings.
[16:53:39] Cress does not currently have this effect to remove.
[16:53:40] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:53:41] Cress does not currently have this effect to remove.
[16:53:42] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:53:42] The levian-al attacks you and misses!
[16:53:43] Cress does not currently have this effect to remove.
[16:53:46] 7 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:53:46] The levian-al hits your arm for 135 (-58) damage!
[16:53:46] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:53:48] Cress does not currently have this effect to remove.
[16:53:49] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:53:49] 6 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:53:49] The levian-al hits your foot for 123 (-53) damage!
[16:53:50] The levian-al is attacking you and your spell is interrupted!
[16:53:53] Your magic buffer converts 11 damage to healing!
[16:53:53] 5 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:53:53] The levian-al hits your torso for 100 (-47) damage!
[16:53:53] You begin casting a Focusing Chant spell!
[16:53:54] The levian-al is attacking you and your spell is interrupted!
[16:53:57] Your magic buffer converts 14 damage to healing!
[16:53:57] 6 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:53:57] The levian-al hits your hand for 128 (-60) damage!
[16:54:01] Your magic buffer converts 14 damage to healing!
[16:54:01] 6 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[16:54:01] The levian-al hits your hand for 128 (-60) damage!

Now, on to lower level pets.
46 Grogan (Here)
Tested today where the Minstrel charm change is reverted
5 Misses, 26 Hits, 31 Swings, 1m51 seconds, 3.58 swing speed, 80 raw damage, Wild Mob rawDPS = 22.3

[16:30:11] The grogan hits your torso for 57 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:30:14] The grogan hits your head for 57 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:30:21] The grogan hits your leg for 58 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1079)
[16:30:24] @@You say, "46 grogan Phoenix, 25/28/29 resist, 638 AF"
[16:30:25] The grogan hits your foot for 57 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:30:28] The grogan hits your torso for 57 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:30:32] The grogan hits your torso for 57 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:30:35] The grogan hits your hand for 57 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:30:39] The grogan attacks you and misses! (Miss Chance: 20.16%)
[16:30:45] The grogan hits your head for 57 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:30:48] The grogan hits your arm for 57 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:30:52] The grogan hits your leg for 58 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1079)
[16:30:55] The grogan hits your leg for 58 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1079)
[16:30:59] The grogan hits your arm for 57 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:31:02] The grogan hits your torso for 29 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:31:06] The grogan attacks you and misses! (Miss Chance: 20.16%)
[16:31:09] The grogan hits your hand for 57 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:31:13] The grogan hits your torso for 57 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:31:16] The grogan hits your torso for 57 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:31:20] The grogan attacks you and misses! (Miss Chance: 20.16%)
[16:31:23] The grogan hits your torso for 57 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:31:27] The grogan hits your torso for 57 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:31:30] The grogan hits your torso for 57 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:31:34] The grogan attacks you and misses! (Miss Chance: 20.16%)
[16:31:36] @@[Advice] Cress: odd request, but any 50 enh clerics on with MOTA 7 willing to test something with me?
[16:31:37] The grogan hits your arm for 57 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:31:41] The grogan hits your torso for 57 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:31:44] The grogan hits your hand for 57 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:31:48] The grogan hits your torso for 57 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:31:51] The grogan hits your torso for 57 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:31:55] The grogan hits your leg for 58 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1079)
[16:31:58] The grogan hits your torso for 57 (-23) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1071)
[16:32:02] The grogan attacks you and misses! (Miss Chance: 20.16%)
[16:32:03] The grogan is now under your control.

46 Grogan (Live)
25 misses, 73 swings in 4m28s, 3.67 vs. 3.8 on ZAM. Close.
48 Hits, 96 raw per hit, 102 w/AF factored out
102/3.67 = Wild Mob rawDPS = 27.79

[15:44:00] @@You say, "46 grogan, 26/28/29 thrust crush slash, 687 af"
[15:44:07] Your health buffer absorbs 29 damage and dissipates!
[15:44:07] The grogan hits your head for 40 (-42) damage!
[15:44:12] The grogan hits your torso for 47 (-29) damage!
[15:44:16] The grogan hits your torso for 55 (-34) damage!
[15:44:20] The grogan hits your torso for 47 (-29) damage!
[15:44:24] The grogan hits your torso for 65 (-40) damage!
[15:44:28] The grogan hits your leg for 78 (-48) damage!
[15:44:31] The grogan hits your leg for 74 (-45) damage!
[15:44:35] The grogan hits your hand for 74 (-45) damage!
[15:44:39] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:44:43] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:44:48] The grogan hits your foot for 82 (-50) damage!
[15:44:52] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:44:55] The grogan hits your head for 69 (-42) damage!
[15:44:59] The grogan hits your head for 79 (-48) damage!
[15:45:03] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:45:07] The grogan hits your leg for 57 (-35) damage!
[15:45:11] The grogan hits your leg for 70 (-43) damage!
[15:45:15] The grogan hits your hand for 80 (-49) damage!
[15:45:19] The grogan hits your torso for 52 (-32) damage!
[15:45:23] The grogan hits your head for 60 (-36) damage!
[15:45:27] The grogan hits your leg for 57 (-35) damage!
[15:45:31] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:45:35] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:45:39] The grogan hits your torso for 58 (-35) damage!
[15:45:43] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:45:47] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:45:50] The grogan hits your arm for 58 (-35) damage!
[15:45:54] The grogan hits your leg for 72 (-44) damage!
[15:45:58] The grogan hits your leg for 64 (-40) damage!
[15:46:02] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:46:06] The grogan hits your torso for 48 (-29) damage!
[15:46:10] The grogan hits your torso for 60 (-37) damage!
[15:46:14] The grogan hits your torso for 65 (-40) damage!
[15:46:18] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:46:22] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:46:26] The grogan hits your head for 71 (-43) damage!
[15:46:30] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:46:33] The grogan hits your leg for 85 (-52) damage!
[15:46:41] Your health buffer absorbs 38 damage!
[15:46:41] The grogan hits your arm for 39 (-47) damage!
[15:46:45] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:46:49] Your health buffer absorbs 32 damage!
[15:46:49] The grogan hits your torso for 32 (-39) damage!
[15:46:53] Your health buffer absorbs 30 damage and dissipates!
[15:46:53] The grogan hits your head for 31 (-37) damage!
[15:46:57] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:47:01] The grogan hits your arm for 66 (-41) damage!
[15:47:05] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:47:09] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:47:13] The grogan hits your leg for 65 (-40) damage!
[15:47:17] The grogan hits your torso for 70 (-43) damage!
[15:47:21] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:47:25] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:47:29] The grogan hits your torso for 70 (-43) damage!
[15:47:32] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:47:36] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:47:40] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:47:44] The grogan hits your leg for 85 (-52) damage!
[15:47:48] The grogan hits your leg for 76 (-47) damage!
[15:47:52] The grogan hits your leg for 79 (-49) damage!
[15:47:56] The grogan hits your foot for 63 (-39) damage!
[15:48:00] The grogan hits your leg for 78 (-48) damage!
[15:48:04] The grogan hits your torso for 55 (-34) damage!
[15:48:08] The grogan hits your arm for 73 (-45) damage!
[15:48:12] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:48:16] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:48:20] The grogan hits your torso for 58 (-36) damage!
[15:48:23] The grogan hits your head for 82 (-50) damage!
[15:48:27] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:48:31] The grogan attacks you and misses!
[15:48:35] The grogan hits your arm for 59 (-36) damage!

50 Granny
Here

40 swings, 2m1s, 3.0s speed, Wild Mob rawDPS = 41.66
50 granny, phoenix, 638 AF
[16:57:49] @@You say, "testing swing speed"
[16:57:51] The granny hits your torso for 89 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:57:54] The granny hits your torso for 89 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:57:57] The granny hits your leg for 89 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1412)
[16:58:00] The granny hits your foot for 89 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:58:03] The granny attacks you and misses! (Miss Chance: 15.50%)
[16:58:06] The granny hits your torso for 89 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:58:09] The granny hits your torso for 19 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:58:12] The granny hits your torso for 19 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:58:14] @@You say, "abl;ative on so i dont die"
[16:58:15] The granny hits your torso for 89 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:58:19] The granny hits your head for 19 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:58:22] The granny hits your leg for 89 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1412)
[16:58:25] The granny hits your torso for 19 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:58:28] The granny attacks you and misses! (Miss Chance: 15.50%)
[16:58:31] The granny hits your leg for 19 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1412)
[16:58:34] The granny hits your foot for 19 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:58:37] The granny hits your leg for 89 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1412)
[16:58:40] The granny hits your leg for 19 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1412)
[16:58:43] The granny hits your head for 89 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:58:46] The granny hits your torso for 19 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:58:50] The granny hits your torso for 89 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:58:53] The granny hits your leg for 19 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1412)
[16:58:56] The granny hits your torso for 89 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:58:59] The granny attacks you and misses! (Miss Chance: 15.50%)
[16:59:02] The granny hits your torso for 19 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:59:05] The granny attacks you and misses! (Miss Chance: 15.50%)
[16:59:08] The granny hits your leg for 19 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1412)
[16:59:11] The granny hits your leg for 89 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1412)
[16:59:14] The granny hits your arm for 19 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:59:18] The granny hits your torso for 89 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:59:21] The granny hits your torso for 19 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:59:24] The granny hits your arm for 19 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:59:27] The granny hits your torso for 89 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:59:30] The granny attacks you and misses! (Miss Chance: 15.50%)
[16:59:33] The granny hits your torso for 19 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:59:36] The granny hits your torso for 89 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:59:39] The granny hits your head for 19 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:59:42] The granny hits your torso for 89 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:59:45] The granny hits your head for 19 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:59:49] The granny hits your head for 89 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)
[16:59:52] The granny hits your arm for 19 (-36) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1402)

50 Granny (Live)
26/28/29 tcr resist chain, 687 af
Avg 154 raw damage over 41 strikes - translating from 687 to 638 af, divide by .9393 assuming 1.3% abs per 10 AF = 164 raw damage, Wild Mob rawDPS = 43.15
52 swings in 3m18s, 3.8s swing - matches up with ZAM Attack Speed: http://camelot.allakhazam.com/db/search.html?cmob=725

[15:59:42] You attempt to use the Upsilon Harp.
[15:59:42] You wield the Upsilon Harp in both hands.
[15:59:42] The magic of the Upsilon Harp flows through you.
[15:59:42] Your Dexterity has increased.
[15:59:42] You begin playing Song of Rejuvenation.
[15:59:45] The granny hits your torso for 88 (-54) damage!
[15:59:49] The granny attacks you and misses!
[15:59:52] The granny hits your leg for 95 (-58) damage!
[15:59:56] The granny hits your head for 120 (-73) damage!
[16:00:00] The granny hits your leg for 126 (-77) damage!
[16:00:04] The granny hits your head for 122 (-74) damage!
[16:00:08] The granny attacks you and misses!
[16:00:12] The granny hits your torso for 69 (-42) damage!
[16:00:16] The granny hits your arm for 87 (-53) damage!
[16:00:20] The granny hits your arm for 91 (-56) damage!
[16:00:23] The granny hits your leg for 86 (-53) damage!
[16:00:27] The granny hits your torso for 69 (-42) damage!
[16:00:31] The granny hits your torso for 83 (-51) damage!
[16:00:35] The granny hits your torso for 98 (-60) damage!
[16:00:39] The granny hits your torso for 78 (-48) damage!
[16:00:43] The granny hits your torso for 103 (-63) damage!
[16:00:47] The granny hits your torso for 96 (-59) damage!
[16:00:51] The granny hits your hand for 115 (-71) damage!
[16:00:54] The granny attacks you and misses!
[16:00:58] The granny attacks you and misses!
[16:01:02] The granny attacks you and misses!
[16:01:06] The granny hits your leg for 123 (-75) damage!
[16:01:10] The granny attacks you and misses!
[16:01:14] The granny hits your torso for 99 (-61) damage!
[16:01:18] The granny attacks you and misses!
[16:01:22] The granny hits your torso for 71 (-43) damage!
[16:01:25] The granny hits your foot for 103 (-63) damage!
[16:01:29] The granny hits your torso for 69 (-43) damage!
[16:01:33] The granny hits your torso for 88 (-54) damage!
[16:01:37] The granny hits your head for 118 (-72) damage!
[16:01:41] The granny hits your torso for 88 (-54) damage!
[16:01:45] The granny attacks you and misses!
[16:01:49] The granny hits your torso for 89 (-55) damage!
[16:01:53] The granny hits your torso for 76 (-46) damage!
[16:01:56] The granny attacks you and misses!
[16:02:00] The granny hits your arm for 109 (-67) damage!
[16:02:04] The granny hits your torso for 91 (-55) damage!
[16:02:08] The granny hits your torso for 102 (-62) damage!
[16:02:12] The granny hits your arm for 114 (-70) damage!
[16:02:16] The granny attacks you and misses!
[16:02:20] The granny attacks you and misses!
[16:02:23] The granny hits your leg for 100 (-61) damage!
[16:02:27] The granny hits your torso for 90 (-55) damage!
[16:02:31] The granny hits your leg for 85 (-52) damage!
[16:02:35] The granny hits your arm for 88 (-54) damage!
[16:02:39] The granny hits your arm for 86 (-53) damage!
[16:02:43] The granny hits your arm for 86 (-53) damage!
[16:02:47] The granny hits your arm for 83 (-51) damage!
[16:02:51] The granny hits your torso for 100 (-62) damage!
[16:02:55] The granny hits your torso for 93 (-57) damage!
[16:02:59] The granny hits your torso for 102 (-63) damage!
[16:03:03] The granny hits your arm for 94 (-58) damage!

Conclusion: observed attack speed for some Here Wild Mobs is same as Live, however, avg damage per swing is lower. More investigation needed.
Some mobs do indeed have similar rawDPS with lower swings (50 Granny)

54 Levian-al: 42 Wild rawDPS (Here) vs 53 Wild rawDPS (Live) = 20% decrease, before additional Minstrel/Mentalist charm nerf
46 grogan: 22.3 Wild rawDPS (Here) vs 27.79 Wild rawDPS (Live) = 20% decrease
Thu 18 Apr 2019 1:55 AM by relvinian
My necro pet is weaker. I have been killed easily by a solo sb a few times since change.

I'm not sight. I asked sight necro they said it was weaker but not bad.

My pain and serv buffs got nerfed, sight absorb i guess still works.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 4:42 AM by jelzinga_EU
gruenesschaf wrote:
General:
The pet abs through stats changes should now replicate the live state from around 2008/9 which is where we have quite a bit of data from

I'm not sure if live-like behavior is a good intended benchmark for pets. While at first sight this might make sense, live (even in 2008/2009) a typical rogue/tank/hybrid had roughly 40-50% more HP with TOA, Championlevels and buffbot-buffs. DPS on them was obviously a lot higher too (TOA 10% swing-speed, style-damage, melee-damage, resist-piercing, cast-speed, etc, additional stat-caps and what not).

On Phoenix everything is scaled downwards, due to no TOA/CL-lvls and what-not, so if you scale pet-damage to that level, pets are relatively (much) stronger. You can already see some scaling-imbalances here and there as casters get higher RR - it is especially very visible on high-RR earth-wizards who can kill fully templated lvl 50's with 1 cast if they do not receive heals, mostly due to increased delve and full 75 acuity-charges (thus DPS-stat). I'm not saying nerf-wizards, I'm saying if you scale offense to live-like, by increasing delves but defense (and HP) not accordingly, you are changing the dynamic of the game completely.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 5:32 AM by teiloh
jelzinga_EU wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 4:42 AM
gruenesschaf wrote:
General:

I'm not sure if live-like behavior is a good intended benchmark for pets. While at first sight this might make sense, live (even in 2008/2009) a typical rogue/tank/hybrid had roughly 40-50% more HP with TOA, Championlevels and buffbot-buffs. DPS on them was obviously a lot higher too (TOA 10% swing-speed, style-damage, melee-damage, resist-piercing, cast-speed, etc, additional stat-caps and what not).

On Phoenix everything is scaled downwards, due to no TOA/CL-lvls and what-not, so if you scale pet-damage to that level, pets are relatively (much) stronger. You can already see some scaling-imbalances here and there as casters get higher RR - it is especially very visible on high-RR earth-wizards who can kill fully templated lvl 50's with 1 cast if they do not receive heals, mostly due to increased delve and full 75 acuity-charges (thus DPS-stat). I'm not saying nerf-wizards, I'm saying if you scale offense to live-like, by increasing delves but defense (and HP) not accordingly, you are changing the dynamic of the game completely.

Pet abs is likewise attenuated, in the Necro's case, by a lack of artis/overcap, no buffbots, and no 25% enhance bonus. You'll generally be fine unless you run into one with a 50 Enh Cleric strapped to him, and even then, the pet will likely be much weaker than a live equivalent at any patch level.
Sat 20 Apr 2019 1:11 AM by teiloh
gruenesschaf wrote:

Hi Gruenes,

I did some more testing - this time on pet damage scaling with buffs. For my test, I used Red MOA7 buffs here (20% buff bonus on live). Here are my results:

Phoenix: https://ibb.co/vLCtLTR
Damage went from 89 to 120, 34.8% increase in damage.
Melee damage went down by 50%.
Will test magic damage sometime later.

Live: Logs below
261 average raw damage, 278 with AF difference factored out. 59% boost to damage from 20% bonus Red 50Enh Bonus (vs. 164 raw, noted above)
Magic damage reduced 40%.
Will test my own melee damage - but I was hitting granny on live for 19 damage with a 3.5s Traitor's Dagger and 350+ strength, vs 60-80 unbuffed. Will confirm later.

50 granny, 26/28/29 tcr resist, 687 af, full red +20% buff bonus (MotA 7 Equivalent)
[16:06:41] You begin playing Song of Rejuvenation.
[16:06:42] The granny hits your arm for 217 (-133) damage!
[16:06:44] The granny hits your leg for 149 (-91) damage!
[16:06:47] The granny hits your leg for 152 (-93) damage!
[16:06:50] The granny attacks you and misses!
[16:06:53] The granny hits your torso for 161 (-98) damage!
[16:06:53] @@You say, "start"
[16:06:56] The granny hits your leg for 204 (-125) damage!
[16:06:58] The granny hits your hand for 208 (-127) damage!
[16:06:58] A crystal shield covers you.
[16:07:01] Your health buffer absorbs 87 damage!
[16:07:01] The granny hits your torso for 87 (-107) damage!
[16:07:04] Your health buffer absorbs 13 damage and dissipates!
[16:07:04] The granny hits your torso for 160 (-106) damage!
[16:07:07] The granny hits your head for 184 (-113) damage!
[16:07:09] Teiloh healed you for 249 hit points.
[16:07:09] The granny hits your arm for 151 (-93) damage!
[16:07:14] You begin playing Commanding Cadence.
[16:07:18] The granny is mesmerized!
[16:07:29] Teiloh healed you for 230 hit points.
[16:07:31] Teiloh healed you for 230 hit points.
[16:07:32] Teiloh healed you for 230 hit points.
[16:07:34] Teiloh healed you for 230 hit points.
[16:07:35] Teiloh healed you for 230 hit points.
[16:07:37] Teiloh healed you for 63 hit points.
[16:07:42] The granny recovers from the mesmerize.
[16:07:42] You hit the granny for 143 (-36) damage!
[16:07:42] The granny resists the effect!

I take out my weapon here to regain aggro on my pet.

[16:08:08] You attempt to use the Upsilon Harp.
[16:08:08] The magic of the Upsilon Harp flows through you.
[16:08:11] The granny hits your leg for 187 (-115) damage!
[16:08:11] A crystal shield covers you.
[16:08:14] Your health buffer absorbs 71 damage!
[16:08:14] The granny hits your torso for 71 (-87) damage!
[16:08:17] Your health buffer absorbs 29 damage and dissipates!
[16:08:17] The granny hits your leg for 176 (-126) damage!
[16:08:19] The granny hits your torso for 130 (-80) damage!
[16:08:22] The granny attacks you and misses!
[16:08:23] You begin playing Song of Rejuvenation.
[16:08:25] The granny hits your torso for 128 (-79) damage!
[16:08:26] You hit the granny for 124 (-31) damage!
[16:08:28] The granny attacks you and misses!
[16:08:30] The granny hits your arm for 147 (-90) damage!
[16:08:33] The granny attacks you and misses!
[16:08:36] The granny hits your arm for 180 (-110) damage!
[16:08:39] The granny attacks you and misses!
[16:08:42] The granny hits your torso for 161 (-98) damage!
[16:08:44] The granny attacks you and misses!
[16:08:47] The granny attacks you and misses!
[16:08:48] The granny resists the effect!
[16:08:48] You hit the granny for 124 (-31) damage!
[16:08:50] The granny hits your torso for 126 (-77) damage!
[16:08:53] The granny hits your leg for 169 (-103) damage!
[16:08:56] The granny hits your leg for 201 (-123) damage!
[16:08:58] The granny hits your arm for 209 (-128) damage!
[16:09:01] The granny hits your torso for 125 (-76) damage!
[16:09:04] You hit the granny for 143 (-36) damage!
[16:09:04] You hit the granny for 124 (-31) damage!
[16:09:04] The granny hits your torso for 156 (-95) damage!
[16:09:07] The granny attacks you and you evade the blow!
[16:09:10] The granny attacks you and you evade the blow!
[16:09:11] @@You say, "50 granny, 26/28/29 tcr resist, 687 af, full red +20% buff bonus (MotA 7 Equivalent)"
[16:09:12] The granny hits your leg for 204 (-125) damage!
[16:09:12] A crystal shield covers you.
[16:09:15] Your health buffer absorbs 88 damage!
[16:09:15] The granny hits your leg for 88 (-108) damage!
[16:09:18] Your health buffer absorbs 12 damage and dissipates!
[16:09:18] The granny hits your torso for 140 (-93) damage!
[16:09:21] The granny attacks you and misses!
[16:09:24] The granny hits your head for 178 (-109) damage!
[16:09:26] The granny hits your torso for 154 (-95) damage!
[16:09:29] The granny hits your torso for 133 (-82) damage!
[16:09:32] The granny hits your arm for 169 (-104) damage!
[16:09:35] The granny hits your torso for 141 (-86) damage!
[16:09:38] The granny hits your arm for 214 (-131) damage!
[16:09:40] The granny hits your torso for 148 (-91) damage!
[16:09:43] The granny hits your arm for 196 (-120) damage!
[16:09:46] The granny hits your arm for 162 (-99) damage!
[16:09:49] The granny hits your head for 189 (-116) damage!
[16:09:52] The granny hits your foot for 172 (-106) damage!
[16:09:54] The granny hits your torso for 126 (-77) damage!
[16:09:57] The granny attacks you and misses!
[16:10:00] The granny hits your leg for 182 (-112) damage!
[16:10:03] The granny hits your leg for 190 (-117) damage!
[16:10:06] The granny hits your leg for 151 (-92) damage!
[16:10:08] The granny hits your foot for 166 (-102) damage!
[16:10:11] The granny hits your torso for 157 (-96) damage!
[16:10:13] You hit the granny for 143 (-36) damage!
[16:10:13] You hit the granny for 124 (-31) damage!
[16:10:14] The granny hits your leg for 199 (-122) damage!
[16:10:16] Teiloh healed you for 99 hit points.
[16:10:17] The granny hits your leg for 163 (-100) damage!
[16:10:18] Teiloh healed you for 247 hit points.
[16:10:19] Teiloh healed you for 259 hit points.
[16:10:20] The granny hits your torso for 136 (-83) damage!
[16:10:21] Teiloh healed you for 244 hit points.
[16:10:22] The granny hits your head for 227 (-139) damage!
[16:10:25] @@You say, "dropping all buffs and testing spell absorb"
[16:10:25] The granny hits your arm for 212 (-130) damage!
[16:10:28] The granny hits your torso for 153 (-94) damage!
[16:10:29] Teiloh healed you for 259 hit points.
[16:10:30] The granny's extra strength fades.
[16:10:30] The granny's enhanced agility fades.
[16:10:30] The granny's enhanced agility fades.
[16:10:31] The granny's enhanced vigor fades.
[16:10:31] The granny's extra strength fades.
[16:10:35] The granny hits your leg for 86 (-53) damage!
[16:10:35] You hit the granny for 239 (-60) damage!
[16:10:35] You hit the granny for 207 (-52) damage!
[16:10:38] The granny hits your torso for 79 (-48) damage!
[16:10:41] @@You say, "done"

*** Chat Log Closed: Wed Apr 17 16:10:42 2019

Conclusion: from preliminary testing, it looks like all pets suffer from weak scaling of stats in both damage and absorb. (~20% damage decrease on yellow mob w/ full red buffs and 20% buff bonus)

For charmed mobs, some charmed mobs are not swinging faster to compensate for lower damage (20% damage decrease). Furthermore, Minstrels and maybe Mentalists are not seeing the proper bonuses for having higher level pets attacking lower levels (15-20% damage decrease).

Therefore a buffed Minstrel red/oj pet would see roughly .80 * .80 * .80 = 50% the DPS expected on live. This is an enormous reduction in DPS that makes individual Minstrel oj/medium red pets weaker than individual Bonedancer Warmage pets.

Likewise, pets in general have lower absorb against both melee and magic. Necromancers are taking much, much more damage than they did on live.
Sat 20 Apr 2019 4:11 PM by HtGeist
Well with this change lvl retriction on the 3 subpets for 45 commander has to go..3 pets whatever lvl your spec can provide..
Tue 7 May 2019 9:21 AM by teiloh
HtGeist wrote:
Sat 20 Apr 2019 4:11 PM
Well with this change lvl retriction on the 3 subpets for 45 commander has to go..3 pets whatever lvl your spec can provide..

All in all, BD Dark pets are buffed. BD Supp pets are nerfed.
Fri 17 May 2019 9:57 AM by pax
teiloh wrote:
Sat 20 Apr 2019 1:11 AM
Therefore a buffed Minstrel red/oj pet would see roughly .80 * .80 * .80 = 50% the DPS expected on live. This is an enormous reduction in DPS that makes individual Minstrel oj/medium red pets weaker than individual Bonedancer Warmage pets.
Can the Dev team take a look on this in the near future? Im RR9 Minstrel and a purple 62 Leviathan or a 60 Frorer Lich is doing laughable damage. Thats why i prefer play Albs with 2H Elly Hero that at lv 60 can almost double them damage.. Not to speack about casting pets that are very squishy and hit for very less than Live.
Fri 17 May 2019 10:45 PM by teiloh
pax wrote:
Fri 17 May 2019 9:57 AM
teiloh wrote:
Can the Dev team take a look on this in the near future? Im RR9 Minstrel and a purple 62 Leviathan or a 60 Frorer Lich is doing laughable damage. Thats why i prefer play Albs with 2H Elly Hero that at lv 60 can almost double them damage.. Not to speack about casting pets that are very squishy and hit for very less than Live.

Ellyl sage heals for 250 vs 450 on live, and uses a pathetic 60-130 damage 3s+ cast DD instead of bolts.
Sat 18 May 2019 5:30 PM by iridia
teiloh wrote:
Fri 17 May 2019 10:45 PM
pax wrote:
Fri 17 May 2019 9:57 AM
teiloh wrote:

Ellyl sage heals for 250 vs 450 on live, and uses a pathetic 90-130 damage 2.8s cast DD instead of bolts.
Agree with you guys.
Sat 18 May 2019 8:00 PM by Cadebrennus
AngelRose wrote:
Bradekes wrote:

Summon it when you're close to your target next time
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics