I ported to Oceanus Hesperos and you won't believe what happened next! - I do!

Started 10 Apr 2019
by vadox
in Ask the Team
I appreciate staff's strive for changes either to fix imbalance or provide players new experiences and comparing to Jumanji server admin's frozen brain cells this a huge boost in player's morale. However, don't you think that this change will, instead of us all hoping to have rvr population spread out among zones instead of seeing 5-6 full groups zerg rolling everything on it's way, will only intensify reasons for a zerg? Don't we want rvr to be spread out among RVR zones where you have keeps, relics and objectives if there are any?

Current issues, in my opinion, is that even with keep taking giving players bigger rewards, we rarely see defenders because most of the time it's impossible to defend or players don't even know that keep is under attack and numbers they are facing. Even within big alliances this info is rarely shared, shouldn't this be available to everyone?

since this forum is called "Ask the Team", question is do you agree? any plans to change if you do?
Wed 10 Apr 2019 5:10 PM by PingGuy
Spreading the tasks to all the FZ's helped break up the zerg because it allowed people to to get what they wanted (RP's), while pursuing RvR the way they enjoy most. I think this will have a similar effect. There is only so much you can do to break up the zerg, because the zerg is just a bunch of people with similar interests pursuing what they enjoy. Breaking that up is more likely to push people away from the game than it is to get them to do something they weren't already interested in doing.

I'm not really interested in this new addition myself, but I'm sure it will be a good thing for the server. I can see some of the core FG's that make up the zerg moving over to that area for a different experience, at least some of the time anyway.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 5:19 PM by relvinian
vadox wrote:
Wed 10 Apr 2019 4:40 PM
I appreciate staff's strive for changes either to fix imbalance or provide players new experiences and comparing to Jumanji server admin's frozen brain cells this a huge boost in player's morale. However, don't you think that this change will, instead of us all hoping to have rvr population spread out among zones instead of seeing 5-6 full groups zerg rolling everything on it's way, will only intensify reasons for a zerg? Don't we want rvr to be spread out among RVR zones where you have keeps, relics and objectives if there are any?

Current issues, in my opinion, is that even with keep taking giving players bigger rewards, we rarely see defenders because most of the time it's impossible to defend or players don't even know that keep is under attack and numbers they are facing. Even within big alliances this info is rarely shared, shouldn't this be available to everyone?

since this forum is called "Ask the Team", question is do you agree? any plans to change if you do?

Keep takes and which keep is going to be next is pretty predictable. There can be some large rewards after big fights in a keep.

I personally will probably skip this event as it doesn't really appeal to me. But I do appreciate the devs hard work and originality.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 5:37 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Don't look too deeply into this event. After all, it is just an event. Give players a breath of fresh air for a week. It should be a ton of fun and I think it's an awesome idea to introduce unique titles, that's going to be sweet.

The Dev's have shown that they are continually looking at ways to improve FZ warfare. This is just going to offer a bit of fun and it's nice that they took the time to offer an event
Wed 10 Apr 2019 5:42 PM by BisbyHoughton
Yeah I think the fact that this is an event needs to be emphasized in any discussions around this. Events are a big part to building community and maintaining interest in the server over a period of time so I welcome the fact that the GM team is keen to this.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 5:53 PM by Numatic
Events are events. I see people constantly ask "server been up for x amount of days, why no event?" And now we get one. It's something out of the norm to do for a couple days. Sadly I work so I likely wont get to participate. But we all enjoy a little deviation from time to time.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 6:17 PM by PingGuy
Yeah, I had already forgotten it was an event when I posted earlier in the thread. So it's even less of an issue really.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 8:14 PM by relvinian
I tried it briefly. On a test.

I joined a pug of 4. We ported in, but it separated us. Cleric by himself died. Theurgist by himself died. Me and another necro killed a skald.

Then we died to a fg of guild hibs. The same old rr 9 dweebs who farm albs at our mgs.

NOT FOR ME.

Will be good rps for 8man groups
Thu 11 Apr 2019 6:32 AM by Uthred
Thats why we tested it. To find such bugs like group ports not working. When the event is going live the next weekend (19th -21st), this will be fixed and all grpmembers will be ported to the same location.

And yeah, it is just an event to offer players something different for a limited time. This is our first event and this will not be our last one. Not everyone likes it, but you will not have any disadvantages if you dont take part.
Thu 11 Apr 2019 6:35 AM by Sepplord
Uthred wrote:
Thu 11 Apr 2019 6:32 AM
Thats why we tested it. To find such bugs like group ports not working. When the event is going live the next weekend (19th -21st), this will be fixed and all grpmembers will be ported to the same location.

And yeah, it is just an event to offer players something different for a limited time. This is our first event and this will not be our last one. Not everyone likes it, but you will not have any disadvantages if you dont take part.

NOT HAVING A TITLE IS THE WORST

just kidding though...this particular event doesn't interest me, but i am still happy that stuff is being done and i am sure it will be a lot of fun for the groups rolling around and fighting interrealm battles.
And who knows, if loads of set-groups go there, the RvR in the mainfrontier changes too and the casual masses get a few more cahnces to fight each others without very strong setgroups wiping them up in between
Thu 11 Apr 2019 6:44 AM by Uthred
"Rewards
Killing players will grant you the regular amount of rps. In the eventzone there will be NO rvr tasks and also no rp bonuses from keeps or from being underpopulated. All kills & deaths that are happening in the eventzone will be tracked and will give you access to special titles."

There will be titles.
Thu 11 Apr 2019 6:58 AM by Sepplord
I was just joking about "there being no disadvantage if you don't take part
Didn't inted to annoy you too much
Thu 11 Apr 2019 7:50 AM by Durgrim
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 11 Apr 2019 6:58 AM
Didn't inted to annoy you too much

too late. Now you are on the list.
you're done.

xD
Thu 11 Apr 2019 12:52 PM by Lev
what is considered rule breaking?
"3. RP-Farming is strictly forbidden"

what about set fights?
what about duels over and over?
what about multiple groups running together?

btw. this is heaven for the strong 8mans. their RP will be completely off the charts as the enemies cannot just zerg them down easily.
Thu 11 Apr 2019 1:40 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Lev wrote:
Thu 11 Apr 2019 12:52 PM
what is considered rule breaking?
"3. RP-Farming is strictly forbidden"

what about set fights?
what about duels over and over?
what about multiple groups running together?

btw. this is heaven for the strong 8mans. their RP will be completely off the charts as the enemies cannot just zerg them down easily.

This will also give an opportunity of inter-realm group vs group. Not only would groups like Dark Dawn, Doki Doki, Mordred, Error and Falling Down have to worry about one another, they'd also have to worry about same realm groups as well. Dark Dawn and Doki Doki would be great to see them go at each other.
Thu 11 Apr 2019 2:14 PM by Horus
1. Port in with a realm buddy.
2. Ungroup
4. Take turns killing each other
5. Rinse and Repeat
6. Profit
Thu 11 Apr 2019 2:24 PM by Sepplord
Horus wrote:
Thu 11 Apr 2019 2:14 PM
1. Port in with a realm buddy.
2. Ungroup
4. Take turns killing each other
5. Rinse and Repeat
6. Profit

7. get banned and your RP removed for crossrealming

It's not like the rules against crossrealming are suspended, just because doing it is easier
Thu 11 Apr 2019 2:29 PM by chryso
But is it crossrealming if they are from the same realm?
Thu 11 Apr 2019 2:36 PM by Lollie
Uthred wrote:
Thu 11 Apr 2019 6:44 AM
There will be titles.

I thought that said something else for a second.
Thu 11 Apr 2019 2:58 PM by relvinian
Uthred wrote:
Thu 11 Apr 2019 6:32 AM

That would make a big difference if groups ported to same place.

A huge difference.
Thu 11 Apr 2019 10:45 PM by RaisingSun
Phoenix is going to have TOA Expansion??

Legendary weapons artifacts, 25 over caps and Bonuses?
Fri 12 Apr 2019 5:36 AM by Sepplord
RaisingSun wrote:
Thu 11 Apr 2019 10:45 PM

Come on dude, in the time you typed that question you could have just read the opening post...

seriously the answer is there for you to grab, it just takes ten seconds
Fri 12 Apr 2019 6:22 AM by Durgrim
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 5:36 AM
RaisingSun wrote:
Thu 11 Apr 2019 10:45 PM

Come on dude, in the time you typed that question you could have just read the opening post...

seriously the answer is there for you to grab, it just takes ten seconds

Grabbag 1.0
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics