I have a need to clarify what is happening with reaver :

I see the following magical damage :
- DD lifetap.
- Dot.
- Pulse DD.
- Proc of style (levi/indigo).
- Proc of self buff.

So far, I never crit any of those.

While style proc is a category quite specific, what about spells, aren't we supposed to have basic crit chance?

Then, about RA to increase damage :
- Will mastery of magery impact all of the above?
- Will wild power impact all of the above?
- Will Dual Threat impact all of the above?
- Will mastery of focus impact all of the above? (more specifically the levi/indigo procs?)

I also heard that, with appropriate RA, when you DD lifetap crit, you don't leech life. Can you confirm?
Finally, I heard that when you crit your melee attack, You can proc twice from the reaver buff, is it correct?

Thanks,
Saturday
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:30 AM by Turtle006
As I understand things, non list casters have 0 base chance to crit. Crit RA will give you a chance to crit with spells, including DoT. Style procs cannot crit. MoF will help with resists, but caps at 50 so will not help with Levi, although I didn't think style procs could he resisted.

I have never heard of procs firing twice on a crit or losing health return on a LT crit.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:36 AM by Hedien
Turtle006 wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:30 AM
As I understand things, non list casters have 0 base chance to crit. Crit RA will give you a chance to crit with spells, including DoT. Style procs cannot crit. MoF will help with resists, but caps at 50 so will not help with Levi, although I didn't think style procs could he resisted.

I have never heard of procs firing twice on a crit or losing health return on a LT crit.

Thanks you for the partial answer.

Can I get an official answer from the team?
Fri 15 Feb 2019 9:47 AM by thurisaz
Hedien wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:36 AM
Turtle006 wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 8:30 AM

Thanks you for the partial answer.

Can I get an official answer from the team?

Edited by Uthred

moblock
moparry
mo pain or wp...cause it's obvious what it does
purge etc

Edited by Uthred
Please no instults, etc. Thank you
Fri 15 Feb 2019 9:55 AM by Hedien
wow - someone got off the wrong foot. If you are unhappy, maybe ignore the thread?

I want to understand my class mechanics to take proper decisions. Since a lot of things are custom I ask the team.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 11:35 AM by inoeth
Style procs can be resisted btw and i think thats a good thing xD
Fri 15 Feb 2019 12:13 PM by Hedien
inoeth wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 11:35 AM

Yeah, no problem with that. But the specific question I am asking is, can we reduce the resist rate, maybe via mof?
Fri 15 Feb 2019 2:04 PM by inoeth
Hedien wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 12:13 PM
inoeth wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 11:35 AM

Yeah, no problem with that. But the specific question I am asking is, can we reduce the resist rate, maybe via mof?

from styl procs? i dont think so because its not specificly a "cast"
Sat 23 Feb 2019 5:19 AM by hellcon
By chance has anyone tested this?
Sat 23 Feb 2019 7:39 AM by teiloh
iirc MOF did reduce resist on style procs
Sat 23 Feb 2019 2:18 PM by Bradekes
hellcon wrote:
Sat 23 Feb 2019 5:19 AM
By chance has anyone tested this?

I have tested all of those on a reaver in beta.

Style procs can be resisted, they are a spell(even if not a traditional spell) think of your procs on your weapons and armor they get resisted too.
MoM is the only RA that will affect your Levi DMG as procs cannot crit-making crit RA not as useful.
IMO best RA on a reaver is MoB (after DET) for guard purposes because there is no diminishing values to block% on a guarded target and reavers get the best 1h dmg in the game.

All of the spell RA's will affect your casted or PBAOE DD's/Dot. This is not honestly worth it, as Levi will net your DPS. At higher RR I would focus on Aug dex over the spell damage RA. MoM may be worth it for 15% stronger Levi proc, still marginal IMO.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 3:13 AM by hellcon
My reaver is only 41, but that was high enough to test MOF now with Indigosnake (level 18 sidestyle proc)
Against the level 50 target dummy. Tested with 31+10 flex & 41+10 flex.
MOF Resist %
0 32
1(3) 30.5
2(6) 29
3(9) 27.5
4(13) 27.5
5(17) 27.5
6(22) 27.5

So MOF does work in some fashion against the target dummy. Not sure why it stops at +9 levels. I don't know if it works against players, nor do I know it it works beyond 9 levels. I do not know if it has any impact on levi.
Spec. rank has no impact on resists.

If you have a realm respec on a 50 reaver, it may be worth testing.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics