Any changes planed for archer class?

Started 12 Feb 2019
by Kuschell
in Ask the Team
Hello i would like to ask the team if there are some plans to buff or change the archer classes Hunter/Scout/Ranger.

If yes what prio ? Becouse iam tired of playing this class like it is now even if ilove it. Reasons are allready stated in many Threads.

An simple answer would help me to safe my time. Then i could concentrate to make a assasins and dont waste my Time on archer

Thanks
Greetings.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 4:23 PM by Runeguzzle
+1, would like to know as well
Wed 13 Feb 2019 4:34 PM by Zansobar
I'm doubtful that they are planning any changes. However, here are the things that I could see to improve Archery side of the archer classes.

1) There needs to be better damage for high bow spec. If this is not done via a direct damage increase from spec, it could be done via inherent +dex (in the same manner that Aug Dex works) at high bow spec. Say a total of +10 dex at 35 spec, +20 dex at 40 spec +30 dex at 45 spec and +50 dex at 50 spec.

2) Increase the buff level in beastcraft and pathfinding for the dex/qui buff to +75 at highest levels...gives a bigger reason to spec high in these lines which also removes more spec points being used in melee/stealth.

This next suggestion is for both archery and melee archers.

3) Make MOS speccable again and remove the innate baked in stealth detection bonus from assassins. Or fix this issue in some other way, maybe keep the current MOS system but add an archer only RA that allows archers to counter that stealth detection bonus by buying a passive RA.

4) And for melee archers they should get access to Physical Defense RA - I still don't think this is enough of a bonus to counter the buffs that assassins received given it only goes to 20% here but it would at least close the gap some.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:37 PM by gruenesschaf
Discussion is happening internally but no eta or any details yet or even if anything will happen
Wed 13 Feb 2019 11:46 PM by Zansobar
gruenesschaf wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:37 PM
Discussion is happening internally but no eta or any details yet or even if anything will happen

Thank you for the response.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 12:03 AM by Exploder
What's wrong with bow damage? Do you feel it's too low across all levels or is it just not rewarding enough to spec higher?
Physical defense on archers brings back terrible memories
Thu 14 Feb 2019 1:05 AM by Kuschell
gruenesschaf wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:37 PM

Thanks for the info i appreciate your answer
Tue 19 Feb 2019 5:37 PM by erichugonnett
come on everyone and their moms knows archers need love here
Tue 19 Feb 2019 5:42 PM by phixion
I don't get it, 2 Hunters in my guild say Archers are bad, but I am hit for 400+ from archers regularly, 640 from one the other day.

Rangers are one of the best classes in the game and often destroy assassins in 1on1.

So I don't think all is equal when the question of buffing archers is considered.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 12:40 AM by Niget
phixion wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 5:42 PM
I don't get it, 2 Hunters in my guild say Archers are bad, but I am hit for 400+ from archers regularly, 640 from one the other day.

Rangers are one of the best classes in the game and often destroy assassins in 1on1.

So I don't think all is equal when the question of buffing archers is considered.

IDK what rangers you are talking about.
My ranger has killed 1 assassin, and I don't think it was temped.
The only time it is even kinda close is if I purge their ws/con poison and ip 3. Yet they still win.
But making the buffs in a speced buff line as good as the charges everyone runs would be nice.
48 dex/qui at 48 spec is a little silly.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics