Buff Value Cap (with Mastery of the Arcane)?

Started 12 Feb 2019
by B0rKaS
in Ask the Team
Hello,

as shaman with 46 aug specc, i am interested in the fact if there is any buff value cap here on the server?
Currently i am running with Mastery of the Arcane 5 (12% bonus to buff value).

Is it worth it to invest more points in MoA?

Thanks!
Tue 12 Feb 2019 2:18 PM by Bradekes
I wouldn't invest in MotA if you're so high in buffs. Unless you're buffing pets the like 5-10 point difference isn't going to make a difference like DI or IotD.. Buffs have caps on players so anything beyond the cap is wasted in RVR
Tue 12 Feb 2019 3:12 PM by Sepplord
Bradekes wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 2:18 PM
I wouldn't invest in MotA if you're so high in buffs. Unless you're buffing pets the like 5-10 point difference isn't going to make a difference like DI or IotD.. Buffs have caps on players so anything beyond the cap is wasted in RVR

which is why he made this thread asking where the buff caps are...

From google, not sure if it is correct though:
basebuffs cap at +50 and speccbuffs cap at +75
Tue 12 Feb 2019 3:38 PM by Bradekes
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 3:12 PM
which is why he made this thread asking where the buff caps are...

From google, not sure if it is correct though:
basebuffs cap at +50 and speccbuffs cap at +75

Ohh my bad... I missed that sentence in the post, reading while at work.

Buff cap total is 155
93spec
62base

No buff cap on pets just fyi
Tue 12 Feb 2019 6:00 PM by Zansobar
Yes the cap is as previously posted and remember you get a 25% bonus to the delve of the buffs listed for each spell given you are a buff class. I assume MOtA stacks with that multiplicatively (1.25) *(1.3) if you have the max level. The usefulness is mostly for buffing pets (no cap) or to allow you to cap your player given buffs at lower spec into aug line.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 6:42 PM by B0rKaS
Thanks for the answers!

I invested an realm respec and tested the bonus of MotA as a rvr-grp specced shaman (46 aug, 27 cave, 8 mend):
* with MotA 4 you will bring the red S/C-specc-buff to the cap-value of 93 pts (strength, constitution).
* the yellow d/q reaches an value of 79 (with the base dex, which is capped, with a value of 62) a total dex value of 141

FYI ;-)
Thu 14 Feb 2019 6:26 PM by Drakuz
yep, and i dont think his question was answered.
i think you may have to toy around with the math to see what the cap is.
as it is im sure even with 50 enhance, even 1 point in MotA could potentially benefit this in a small way.
but going beyond that, would require knowledge of those caps.

say dex adds 100 (fictitious number but easy math so shush and bare with me)
and the cap is something weird like 104. that would require 4% of MotA just to get 4 crappy points in dex.

personally if your not going to get a lot in this, you may not want to do this at all.
but is it feesible? (because that was the question my dear trolls, not my personal opinion)

now the flipside is this.... as i would like to add another question, to the original question; but along the same lines.

Pet buffing. usually No cap. is there as cap? what is the cap for pet buffing?
also does MotA affect temporary pet buffs? (as it is, we cannot see the stats being raised on the pet, for all we know they are all at 1)

now for pet buffing, i could see a viable reason to go full MotA, on say a necro or bd, possibly even an animist. - but that would just grossly overpower the class lol...
Thu 14 Feb 2019 6:47 PM by Bradekes
Drakuz wrote:
Thu 14 Feb 2019 6:26 PM
yep, and i dont think his question was answered.
i think you may have to toy around with the math to see what the cap is.
as it is im sure even with 50 enhance, even 1 point in MotA could potentially benefit this in a small way.
but going beyond that, would require knowledge of those caps.

say dex adds 100 (fictitious number but easy math so shush and bare with me)
and the cap is something weird like 104. that would require 4% of MotA just to get 4 crappy points in dex.

personally if your not going to get a lot in this, you may not want to do this at all.
but is it feesible? (because that was the question my dear trolls, not my personal opinion)

now the flipside is this.... as i would like to add another question, to the original question; but along the same lines.

Pet buffing. usually No cap. is there as cap? what is the cap for pet buffing?
also does MotA affect temporary pet buffs? (as it is, we cannot see the stats being raised on the pet, for all we know they are all at 1)

now for pet buffing, i could see a viable reason to go full MotA, on say a necro or bd, possibly even an animist. - but that would just grossly overpower the class lol...

I'm not at all sure what you're talking about.. Any Spec stat buff that delves for 74 will cap w/o MotA, and Base buffs with 50 will cap w/o MotA. This also takes into account of spec and +bonus to buff skill, which I do not know specifics.

As far as pet buffs there are no caps for pets.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 6:52 PM by Drakuz
i dont believe pets have a cap.
and i say this, just like this, because until i (or someone else) tests how things work on this shard, its unproven.
at the moment we're all assuming what ''should be'' according to mythic/ea/broadsword live daoc.
but this isnt live daoc. all coding needs to be tested, checked, verified.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 6:56 PM by Bradekes
Drakuz wrote:
Thu 14 Feb 2019 6:52 PM
i dont believe pets have a cap.
and i say this, just like this, because until i (or someone else) tests how things work on this shard, its unproven.
at the moment we're all assuming what ''should be'' according to mythic/ea/broadsword live daoc.
but this isnt live daoc. all coding needs to be tested, checked, verified.

I've stated in both my posts that pets do no have a cap... This isn't a question, it's a well known fact. Devs even said pets don't have a cap here either. You can easily test it by seeing how overpowered a low level pet is with 50 spec buffer. Buffs are capped by level on players not so with pets/npc.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics