TWF and Static tempest targetting mode

Started 9 Feb 2019
by Hedien
in Ask the Team
Hello,

I noticed that you can only /groundset a TWF.
But you can either target a player or /groundset a Static tempest.

Any reason for this inconvenience for the TWF?

Saturday/Grim
Sat 9 Feb 2019 1:35 PM by Sepplord
Different Spells, different targetting methods.

One is not neccessarily better or worse than the other. GTAOE-targetting has benefits in its own
Sat 9 Feb 2019 2:33 PM by Hedien
Sepplord wrote:
Sat 9 Feb 2019 1:35 PM

One is not neccessarily better or worse than the other. GTAOE-targetting has benefits in its own

Okay - ST has BOTH.
So why not same for TWF?
Sat 9 Feb 2019 2:43 PM by Sepplord
Hedien wrote:
Sat 9 Feb 2019 2:33 PM
Sepplord wrote:

Okay - ST has BOTH.
So why not same for TWF?

It does? I didn't know. TIL.

Still, TWF is a strong RA and doesnt need a Buff imo. It wouldn't be a huge thing though if they did decide to buff it
Sat 9 Feb 2019 3:32 PM by Hedien
Sepplord wrote:
Sat 9 Feb 2019 2:43 PM
Hedien wrote:
Sat 9 Feb 2019 2:33 PM
Sepplord wrote:

Okay - ST has BOTH.
So why not same for TWF?

It does? I didn't know. TIL.

Still, TWF is a strong RA and doesnt need a Buff imo. It wouldn't be a huge thing though if they did decide to buff it

To use a command to cast a spell is quite inconvenient and old practice...
Sat 9 Feb 2019 4:10 PM by Sepplord
Being able to nuke areas without having an enemy target can be very convenient and opens up different strategies, but i have already agreed that it would buff TWF if it could just be casted on target. So instead of arguing that it would help, why don't you give reasons why twf is too weak and why you think it needs a buff??

And which action ingame can be done without using a command? Everything requires buttonpresses of different magnitudes and the GT can be set without using a slashcommand

Last but not least, this is a freeshards of a 20year old game, basically everything is old practice
Mon 11 Feb 2019 5:18 AM by Hedien
As you can see - it is "Ask the team" section. I am asking the team.

But to keep the thread alive and hope for an answer, let me answer you point by point :
- It can be convenient to cast without target. Agreed. But it is same for TS and TWF, not adding value to the thread because it is not in question.
- Which action can be done without a command? This is Uthgard argument - "it has always been this way, let's not change it." I believe this is not Phoenix stance who tries to make it as user friendly as possible. Player target which enables a hard stop via facing, less guesstimating with regards to exact distance units is helping. When using macro to "not type a command" - how many is good enough? I personally have groundset 1 1000 1500. And this is still quite imperfect, Ideally I would need to have each 250 distance unit, so a total of 7 macro just to put the TWF at the right spot, with moving targets and a 2 sec cast. You are doing realm defense in a keep take, ok doable, in a outdoor skirmish, much much harder.
- TWF is a very good RA, but I think TS is very OP as well. I would argue potentially stronger than TWF. Then why TWF should have sub-par targetting?

EDIT : And if I can add - the TWF spells says "Target : Enemy" - which tends to say that you should be able to cast on someone, this actually the main reason why this thread is in ask the team instead of suggestion.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 3:24 AM by Hedien
Bump in the night : @Team : why does TWF says target : enemy but can only be groundtargetted?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics