Camps

Started 5 Feb 2019
by WillTO3
in Ask the Team
What's the server's policy on camps? First come , first served or is it everyone for themselves? As a solo casual player, sometimes it's difficult to find someplace not being farmed or camped by a full group or a necro/cabby.
Tue 5 Feb 2019 4:04 PM by Sepplord
there are no claimed camps, only claimed mobs...

aka the first one to pull a mob is the one who is allowed to attack it

Others hitting your mob with malicous intent are breaking the rules
Tue 5 Feb 2019 6:21 PM by Quik
What Sepplord said.

Although I will add I have seen GM's step in when a group has been pulling shredders for hours, only to have another group step in and start pulling them from the same camp and taking all of them.

It all boils down to the simple common courtesy rule...the game is about fun, not about who has the biggest epeen and can pull mobs faster.
Tue 5 Feb 2019 7:40 PM by WillTO3
Guess that's what I was getting at. I've had people park right on the spawn, therefore aggro'ing any mobs I might want to pull.

Thanks for the info.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 2:56 PM by Seige
Quik wrote:
Tue 5 Feb 2019 6:21 PM
What Sepplord said.

Although I will add I have seen GM's step in when a group has been pulling shredders for hours, only to have another group step in and start pulling them from the same camp and taking all of them.

It all boils down to the simple common courtesy rule...the game is about fun, not about who has the biggest epeen and can pull mobs faster.

Would Def like some more clarification for this. Many times I have been farming a spot to have someone come in and try to farm it aswell. Most of the time like good old daoc you message the player and they move on. On rare occasions there have been absolute d__ks that cuss you or intentionally try to break the spawns in order to get you to move. Which imo should be considered griefing. Got a list of players that have been rather toxic about farming locations. Figured like in old school your Rep actually means something and it would work itself out by those players being seen as toxic. Would be nice to know if a GM will slap em around a little though.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 2:59 PM by Anaethema
Yep - what Sepp and the others above said. Once a mob has been pulled it is claimed by the group pulling it but you can't claim a spot just by your presence. Common courtesy dictates asking permission to share the camp or at least not pulling ALL the mobs so the solo player has something to XP on, but not everyone has common courtesy and it's not against the rules to be rude.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics