Need information on Necromancer’s pet

Started 29 Jan 2019
by Aftu
in Ask the Team
Hail,
Thanks for giving us the Phoenix server. Amazing work!!!
I know shade form Dex and Int are the most important stat but what about my Abomination ?
What stats does transfer/affect him ?
I heard and read :
Getting +str = defense ( more mellee dam )
Getting +Con = defense ( more def and/or hp )
Getting +Dex = Defense ( more parry and casting speed )
Getting +Qui = ? ( mallee atk speed )
Resist = ?
Please i would appreciate clarification of course if possible
Thank you in advance !
Tue 29 Jan 2019 7:12 AM by Koljar
Hi,
from memory:
- CON and HP transfer from nec to abom upon creation.
- DEX and RESISTS transfer once the abom is there (also during creation but they don't alter stats...).
- The SHADE only needs dex and int buffs (not sure about CON upon creation and HP/CON given from RAs)
- The ABOM needs AF and CON for absorb, DEX for absorb and cast speed (no use for INT on the abom).
- The ABOM can use STR buffs but you want it to cast @stuff, not to hit stuff (maybe - dependant on the situation)...

Note:
Make yourself a summon suit (with CON and HP) and then switch to one without either once you have your pet.
But: As we neither have stat overcaps (e.g. 101 con and 400 HP) this is propably not needed as you should be able to cap out everything with just one suit.
Don't repair any piece of equipment unless it has +SKILL on it. Everything works even @70% (exception: SKILLs). This leads to having the cheapest piece of equipment (e.g. boots) with as much +SKILL as possible -> repair as needed and replace once it's destroyed from repairing/durability loss. There's no need to repair stuff as your AF does not transfer to the abom in any way.
Tue 29 Jan 2019 1:48 PM by Aftu
Koljar wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019 7:12 AM
from memory:

Thanks for the info but I would appreciate confirmation from one of the DAOC team.
Aftu
Wed 30 Jan 2019 1:25 PM by Aftu
Bump to DAOC developers team ! Thanks
Aftu
Wed 30 Jan 2019 3:07 PM by Ashok
Pets in general are effected by these buffs:

Con = damage mitigation
Str = low damage mitigation + melee damage dealt
Dex = low damage mitigation + casting speed
Qui = melee swing speed
Haste = melee swing speed
Base AF = damage mitigation
Spec AF = no effect
Acuity = no effect (stands for int/emp/pie/cha)

In general: Pets do not gain hit points from buffs, but their damage mitigation/absorb is increased.

Necro-specific
EDITED
I did some internal testing and the current state is not as it should be.

Current stat transfer is outlined here:
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?p=38775#p38775

The upcoming (bugfix) change is outlined here:
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?p=38813#p38813
Wed 30 Jan 2019 4:20 PM by Dominus
I think Necro is only player who can't benefit from buff pots like every other players. Keep in mind, the necro is essentially "the pet". Pet dies, necro is one hit from dead. No other pet class is tied this intimately with their pet. Necro's are at a HUGE disadvantage from every other player that can self buff or use buff pots.
Wed 30 Jan 2019 4:58 PM by Aftu
Ashok wrote:
Wed 30 Jan 2019 3:07 PM

Con = damage mitigation
Str = physical damage mitigation (low compared to con) + melee damage dealt
Dex = magical damage mitigation (low compared to con) + casting speed
Qui = melee swing speed
Base AF = physical damage mitigation
Spec AF = no effect

In general: Pets do not gain hit points from buffs, but their damage mitigation/absorb is increased.

Necro-specific
In addition to above pet rules, Necro pets receive additional bonuses based on the casters items used at the time of summon.
Only stats from items do transfer to the pet, no buffs and no + starting stats!
The following stat bonuses will transfer:

+con = increase HP
+HP = increase HP
+qui = increase melee swing speed
+dex = increase cast speed
+primary resists = 100% transfer to pet

Thank you for all the clarification, it makes it very clear now for the Phoenix server.

Template should include, Con, Dex, Qui, Int, HP and Resists and spec line +magic skill ?
+Intelligence will be strictly for my shade casting damage ?
Does +magic skill, for example Deathsight, affect my pet casting damage ?
Thank you
Aftu
Wed 30 Jan 2019 5:07 PM by Ashok
Necros tend to have 2 templates.
one for summoning (with capped HP, cons) and one for use after with dex, int, +spell, resists and mana (and optional strength).

+spell to any line does not affect your pets damage, because the damage is done by yourself; the pet just acts as the caster but magic damage output is calculated based on your own stats.
So +spell and int while in shade form increases your spelldamage.
Wed 30 Jan 2019 5:29 PM by Aftu
Ashok wrote:
Wed 30 Jan 2019 5:07 PM
one for summoning (with capped HP, cons, dex, qui and rsists) and one for use after with dex, int, +spell and mana (and optional strength).

+spell to any line does not affect your pets damage, because the damage is done by yourself; the pet just acts as the caster but magic damage output is calculated based on your own stats.

Thank you so so much !
Wed 30 Jan 2019 5:42 PM by Numatic
Dominus wrote:
Wed 30 Jan 2019 4:20 PM
I think Necro is only player who can't benefit from buff pots like every other players. Keep in mind, the necro is essentially "the pet". Pet dies, necro is one hit from dead. No other pet class is tied this intimately with their pet. Necro's are at a HUGE disadvantage from every other player that can self buff or use buff pots.

I will never 1v1 a necro. They are absurdly powerful. Their pet, unbuffed, feels like a tank, and the insta cast DD + pet melee dmg is very punishing. They lack utility in group RvR and it's hard to gauge distance with them but to say they are weak because they cant use buff pots is a massive overstatment.
Wed 30 Jan 2019 6:09 PM by Ceen
Numatic wrote:
Wed 30 Jan 2019 5:42 PM
Dominus wrote:
Wed 30 Jan 2019 4:20 PM

I will never 1v1 a necro. They are absurdly powerful. Their pet, unbuffed, feels like a tank, and the insta cast DD + pet melee dmg is very punishing. They lack utility in group RvR and it's hard to gauge distance with them but to say they are weak because they cant use buff pots is a massive overstatment.

Once everyone is temped and buffed necros suck its just atm no one has temp and buff charges where they can shine like two weeks.
Awesome class.
Wed 30 Jan 2019 6:52 PM by Dominus
versus a melee who doesn't land a stun, sure... but they are a blue con "mob" to every level 50 player. They take full damage from spells and can be nuked down quite easily. If you have a positional stun or are good at run throughs, you should be able to stun and disease and kill a necro.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 5:55 AM by Muse
Ashok wrote:
one for summoning (with capped HP, cons) and one for use after with dex, int, +spell, resists and mana (and optional strength).

by Muse
So does this mean:

The pet uses the 75/75 dex for its stat, or would it increase if I temp too much dex?
Like 25 dex too much, example 100/75 which doesn’t affect myself since the cap is 75, but the pet uses the 100?
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:04 AM by Turtle006
I was trying to find the dev post on this but I couldn't.

I don't think anything other than +hits, resists, and con transfer to pet.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:25 AM by relvinian
I have a pretty good idea what transfers to the pet based on testing during beta for 5 months but im not a dev so i wont waste your time with my input.
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:51 AM by Tavi
relvinian wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:25 AM
I have a pretty good idea what transfers to the pet based on testing during beta for 5 months but im not a dev so i wont waste your time with my input.

I am interested, please share your findings
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:58 AM by Ashok
Muse wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 5:55 AM
Ashok wrote:

by Muse
So does this mean:

The pet uses the 75/75 dex for its stat, or would it increase if I temp too much dex?
Like 25 dex too much, example 100/75 which doesn’t affect myself since the cap is 75, but the pet uses the 100?
Only 75 transfers to the pet.
On the other hand any bonus from buffs on the pet is not capped; while chars are capped at +155 from buffs, the pet can go above and beyond if the cleric/friar are using red buffs + having +buff% RA.

Turtle006 wrote: I was trying to find the dev post on this but I couldn't.

I don't think anything other than +hits, resists, and con transfer to pet.
Only +HP and +con transfers from equipment to pet on summon.
Resists will transfer after the summoning based on the active gear in shade form.

relvinian wrote: I have a pretty good idea what transfers to the pet based on testing during beta for 5 months but im not a dev so i wont waste your time with my input.
Please do.
The listed stuff is how it should be, but a lot of mechanics have been rebuild from scratch so mistakes happen when re-assembling.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 12:34 PM by Kyosji
So what's the difference between the summoned pets? I haven't really seen anything different besides the image of the pet.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 1:06 PM by Ceen
Kyosji wrote:
Fri 1 Feb 2019 12:34 PM
So what's the difference between the summoned pets? I haven't really seen anything different besides the image of the pet.

Last pet has cold DD proc and hits harder in melee.
Fri 1 Feb 2019 1:30 PM by Kyosji
Ceen wrote:
Fri 1 Feb 2019 1:06 PM
Kyosji wrote:
Fri 1 Feb 2019 12:34 PM

Last pet has cold DD proc and hits harder in melee.

So all the pets are identical, but the Abomination has cold damage proc and hits harder?
Fri 1 Feb 2019 1:36 PM by Koljar
Some pets got CC imunity in later patches. Until then the newer pets just got a little stronger and/or faster (melee and/or cast speed). Later patches even allowed a pet class (not just necros) to command their pet to certain dmg types and such...

Would certainly be nice to have that here but might be going too far forward from 1.65.
Mon 4 Feb 2019 6:17 PM by Zansobar
I'm curious if stats or resists from RAs transfer to the pet in any way, since the dev said only stats and resists from items transfer.
Mon 4 Feb 2019 6:33 PM by relvinian
For example if you get aug con ra it should give you both more hits and increased absorb. Aug str should give you more strength and more absorb on pet. Aug dex gives more dex and more absorb.

I have aug con 3 and it gives me hardly any hits though, maybe 50 at lvl 50
Mon 4 Feb 2019 7:54 PM by Zansobar
relvinian wrote:
Mon 4 Feb 2019 6:33 PM
For example if you get aug con ra it should give you both more hits and increased absorb. Aug str should give you more strength and more absorb on pet. Aug dex gives more dex and more absorb.

I have aug con 3 and it gives me hardly any hits though, maybe 50 at lvl 50

I'm more interested in empty mind RA on whether those increase in magic resists actually affect the pet or not (wouldn't make any sense on having the RA if it didn't, but since Necros big weakness is magic damage, a huge boost to resists every 10 mins or so would be pretty useful).
Fri 8 Feb 2019 11:05 PM by florin
Ashok wrote:

Con = damage mitigation
Qui = melee swing speed
Spec AF = no effect

Necro-specific
In addition to above pet rules, Necro pets receive additional bonuses based on the items used at the time of summon + after the summon (different stat transfers)
Only stats from items do transfer to the pet, no buffs and no base and starting stats.
The following item stat bonuses will transfer:

+con = increase HP (when summoned)
+HP = increase HP (when summoned)
+dex = low increased cast speed (after summon)
+primary resists = 100% transfer to pet (after summon)
So nothing from +quick or +strength items confirmed?
Wed 13 Feb 2019 4:07 PM by Zansobar
So the patch notes (2018-9-26 Wednesday) indicated that stats from RAs transfer to the pet (Aug Con, Aug Str, Aug Qui, Aug Dex). I'm not sure how this happens. Does this mean str and qui from items also transfer to the pet? I was under the impression that only dex did.

We really need a detailed Wiki on how the Necromancer and his pet works here on Phoenix.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:27 PM by Sepplord
Itemstats should be possible to Test...just summon a pet naked and Check pet survivability, then put on the items and repeat
Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:34 PM by Zansobar
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:27 PM
Itemstats should be possible to Test...just summon a pet naked and Check pet survivability, then put on the items and repeat

Qui would be hard to test since it only affects melee swing speed of the pet and we don't get a message saying what the swing speed actually is...

Dex is supposed to transfer so I wouldn't test that one but again most of its effect is pet cast speed which again we don't get messages on what it is..

Str is supposed to be pet melee damage so that should be tested.

Only con is straight up absorb but we are already told that transfers at summon.

I'd really rather just have devs say how it works on Phoenix instead.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 12:04 AM by Zansobar
Does anyone know if con reduces magic damage too? If not, does anything besides primary resists reduce magic damage?
Thu 14 Feb 2019 9:28 AM by secrain
Thank you Ashok for verifying that conc based buffs before summoning does absolutely nothing. Necros use Summoning Suits with capped CON and HITS before summoning and that is how it's been forever.

I was sick of playing with necros who made me drop everyone elses buffs, just to fully buff the necro before summoning, because "i tested it, the buffs before summoning work".
Thu 14 Feb 2019 3:26 PM by Ardri
Ashok wrote:
Thu 31 Jan 2019 8:58 AM
Only 75 transfers to the pet.
On the other hand any bonus from buffs on the pet is not capped; while chars are capped at +155 from buffs, the pet can go above and beyond if the cleric/friar are using red buffs + having +buff% RA.

So if the necro person is fully buffed before summoning the abomination pet, does that affect anything?
Thu 14 Feb 2019 3:32 PM by romulus
Casted buffs on the necro do not transfer to the pet, only buffs from equipment.
This is the reason many necros have "summoning" suits which max hits, con, etc. which they wear prior to and during summoning. They then switch to a different set for pet operations.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 9:17 PM by FFpheonix
romulus wrote:
Thu 14 Feb 2019 3:32 PM
Casted buffs on the necro do not transfer to the pet, only buffs from equipment.
This is the reason many necros have "summoning" suits which max hits, con, etc. which they wear prior to and during summoning. They then switch to a different set for pet operations.

I wanted to add, every Caster can build a template (using ROGs and Feathers) with MAX: Int, Dex, Con, Hits, Power, +11 All Magic and 26% Resists. There isn't a need for a summoning suit on Phoenix.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 9:20 PM by Zansobar
FFpheonix wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 9:17 PM
romulus wrote:
Thu 14 Feb 2019 3:32 PM

I wanted to add, every Caster can build a template (using ROGs and Feathers) with MAX: Int, Dex, Con, Hits, Power, +11 All Magic and 26% Resists. There isn't a need for a summoning suit on Phoenix.

I tested on the dummies the other day that str from items also affects the pet damage, though it wasnt listed as supposed to. This leads me to believe qui would also and thus lead to more stats that need capped on a necro.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 9:22 PM by FFpheonix
Ashok wrote:

Con = damage mitigation
Qui = melee swing speed
Spec AF = no effect

Necro-specific
In addition to above pet rules, Necro pets receive additional bonuses based on the items used at the time of summon + after the summon (different stat transfers)
Only stats from items do transfer to the pet, no buffs and no base and starting stats.
The following item stat bonuses will transfer:

+con = increase HP (when summoned)
+HP = increase HP (when summoned)
+dex = low increased cast speed (after summon)
+primary resists = 100% transfer to pet (after summon)

Quoting Ashok, because the above poster says that STR from items transfers to the Pet. @Ashok has anything changed?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:17 AM by Zansobar
Can someone else confirm my results? I will test again tonight, but what I recall the pet did 70 damage in melee on the dummy without aug str and all my items on, then I bought +22 str from aug str RA and my pet did 73 damage per hit on the level 50 dummy. Then I took off an item that had +13 str (if I recall the amount correctly) and then my pet did 71 damage per hit on the dummy. This all seemed fairly accurate if str from items affects the pet.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:40 AM by FFpheonix
I'm getting other reports of the same testing, it seems that in game STR does transfer.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:41 AM by Zansobar
FFpheonix wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:40 AM
I'm getting other reports of the same testing, it seems that in game STR does transfer.

If so, and we were told dex from items transfers....is there any reason to believe that qui doesn't also transfer?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 2:40 PM by FFpheonix
I opened a ticket in the Tracker to see if the Devs can test and confirm.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 4:15 PM by Ashok
I will try to repro when I get home.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:35 PM by Ashok
Alright, did some internal testing and the actual transfers are nowhere close to "classic like".
Ready?

Right now, the following stats will transfer to the pet:

On Summon (from items)
Strength
Dexterity
Quickness
HP
Resists

They transfer by 100%; so +75 dex from items, will give the pet +75 dex.

After summon
RAs that increase stats (augmented strength for example) - 100% transfer.

Additional Information
Buffs on the necro prior to summon, do not transfer.
Buffs on the pet after summon work as mentioned.
Intelligence on the Necro (from items, RAs and buffs) while in shade form do increase all magic damage dealt.

Pet specifics
All pets share the same base stats and resists, based on it's level.
Necroservant (1-20): Slash
Greater Necroservant (32): Crush
Abomination (45): Slash, slight increased parry change, chance to proc cold DD

I'll try to figure out if that is intentional, because constitution for example does not transfer at any point.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:56 PM by Zansobar
I thought con only affected the pet via hp (unless it was a direct buff on the pet), so since hp transfer then the hp effect of con should also transfer, but not the con points themselves (which I think would increase the pet's absorb then).
Tue 26 Feb 2019 6:58 PM by Zansobar
Also I don't think the Aug str from RA transfers on summon, i believe my testing with an already summoned pet showed his melee damage increased once I bought the Aug Str RA, so that would mean it transfers direct without a re-summon. I could be wrong but I believe that is how I tested it the other day.

Actually come to think of it, str from items also behaved this way as I removed a +str item my pets melee damage reduced from an already summoned pet. So are you sure those stats from items (besides HP) only transfer on summon and not after summon as the stats from items change on the shade?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:44 PM by Ashok
I did talk to our necro-addicated dev...

The current form of stat transfer (like mentioned above) is not intended and will be changed to:

con+hp at time of summon (in form of flat bonus HP for the pet; roughly +400 on 50 with both maxed out)
str/dex/quick/resists/RAs after summon

No ETA on the change though.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:59 PM by FFpheonix
Thank you for taking the time to get this sorted! There's a lot of misinformation out there.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:01 PM by florin
Ashok wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:44 PM

The current form of stat transfer (like mentioned above) is not intended and will be changed to:

con+hp at time of summon (in form of flat bonus HP for the pet; roughly +400 on 50 with both maxed out)

thank you and thank Ben!
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:24 PM by florin
What’s the best combination on speccing for maximizing self buffs wrt absorption. Currently at 39/4/37 for higher dex and shield but not certain if reducing servant and adding pw for the str/con would do better..also losing the 48 abs buff to 6 vs increasing dex.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:03 AM by Zansobar
I do not think dex adds to absorption only con does that, right?
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:05 AM by Zansobar
Ashok wrote:

Question - Aug Con RA does that transfer the + con to the pet that affects damage absorb or does it only create more HP for the pet (or both since Aug Con gives the shade more hp)?

Also does the increase in absorb from Con only reduce melee damage or does it also reduce spell damage? And if not, does anything besides resists decrease spell damage?
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:10 AM by florin
According to Ben, aug con is trash but toughness is good
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:10 AM by florin
Zansobar wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:03 AM
I do not think dex adds to absorption only con does that, right?

That’s what I’m seeking to know
Wed 27 Feb 2019 6:02 AM by Ashok
Zansobar wrote: Question - Aug Con RA does that transfer the + con to the pet that affects damage absorb or does it only create more HP for the pet (or both since Aug Con gives the shade more hp)?

Also does the increase in absorb from Con only reduce melee damage or does it also reduce spell damage? And if not, does anything besides resists decrease spell damage?

Con (from any source) does not transfer - not in the current state anyhow.
Once fixed it should be transfered (prior to summon) to increase pets hp, not absorb.

Con as buff on pet does increase melee absorb.
Magic absorb is increased via resists from equipment + resist buffs on pet.

Zansobar wrote: I do not think dex adds to absorption only con does that, right?
Dex is just castspeed and maybe parry increase (for Abomination) - at least regarding stat transfer.
Actually not sure regarding +dex as buff on pet... maybe this needs another testing which effects each buff has.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 7:35 AM by Sepplord
Ashok wrote:

noob question: will that make necros harder or easier to kill?
Wed 27 Feb 2019 9:14 AM by Ashok
Pet will be stronger after fix.
Right now the pet is missing 200 HP because constitution is not transferred.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 9:27 AM by Falken
It is a bit crazy that stat transfer made it into launch, lolol con has no effect
Wed 27 Feb 2019 10:41 AM by Sepplord
Ashok wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 9:14 AM
Pet will be stronger after fix.
Right now the pet is missing 200 HP because constitution is not transferred.

ok thanks for clearing that up, gotta stay even further away from necros on my melee toons then
Wed 27 Feb 2019 5:35 PM by Kyosji
Ashok wrote:

Does the pet adhere to your stat caps? Or does it just apply to whatever the total stats are? Ex. My cap for con is 75, but I run 20 over cap @ 95, will the pet be at 75 or 95?
Thu 28 Feb 2019 6:02 AM by Ashok
The pet has its own caps, though you can transfer max. +75 from items.
Tue 5 Mar 2019 9:29 PM by Ferrat
in every iteration i have played, Dex from buff has increased abs on necro and cabby pets, unsure on stats at time of summon but we always capped it any way.
Sun 10 Mar 2019 11:40 PM by Coruonel
It seems to me that a fully templated level 50 necromancer with full resists would take far less damage from high level mobs than a level 50 matter cabalist pet. Does this seem right? I'm asking this to decide if I should roll a Matter Cabby or a Deathservant Necro to farm at 50.
Mon 11 Mar 2019 1:08 AM by Afuldan
Coruonel wrote:
Sun 10 Mar 2019 11:40 PM
It seems to me that a fully templated level 50 necromancer with full resists would take far less damage from high level mobs than a level 50 matter cabalist pet. Does this seem right? I'm asking this to decide if I should roll a Matter Cabby or a Deathservant Necro to farm at 50.

The ABS buff is nice, DS necro will never have downtime on yellow/oj mobs, but the FDS on a cabby pet is hard to pass up for raw numbers of mobs if you are pulling blue/yellow.
Mon 11 Mar 2019 2:13 AM by teiloh
At this patch level, Necro ...

1. DoTs would interrupt every tick. This was changed by design on Phoenix

2. Should be able to crit higher than 50%, but can't here - although enemies can crit 100% on them. Can someone confirm my test results?
https://tracker.playphoenix.online/issues/ed26001d-1694-4d5b-b6fd-89820d70f5c0

3. Lifedrain should be granting spec bonus on the heal itself, so 50% should be more like 62.5% returned on average. Applies to all classes.
https://tracker.playphoenix.online/issues/37e1594f-1f17-406d-bf69-ac30c8cab687

4. DoTs should be getting double crit chance from Wild Power, due to mob interaction.
https://tracker.playphoenix.online/issues/e4923ca1-b0c3-4ca5-9dc8-d3c5539d03d4

Thankfully pet pathing/casting is so much better and Nec pets can get SH
Thu 14 Mar 2019 11:32 PM by Falken
Coruonel wrote:
Sun 10 Mar 2019 11:40 PM

Death servant abom is more tanky than a cabby pet. I have both and leveled both on this server to 50 abom can handle a lot more mobs than amber cabby pet
Thu 11 Apr 2019 12:11 PM by Yokahu
So what should I tell my cleric/friar?
To only buff me (caster) with dex/qui and acuity (doesn’t matter if it’s before or after summoning my pet) and then fully buff my pet?
Sat 13 Apr 2019 7:33 PM by Yokahu
Yokahu wrote:
Thu 11 Apr 2019 12:11 PM
So what should I tell my cleric/friar?
To only buff me (caster) with dex/qui and acuity (doesn’t matter if it’s before or after summoning my pet) and then fully buff my pet?

Also, how do buff pots affect my necro pet’s stats?
Anyone knows?
Sun 14 Apr 2019 5:48 AM by Boltman
Yes, dex dex/quick and acuity on shade and fully buff pet except acuity.

And buff potions only affect the shade, so just the same dex dex/quick and acuity unless you need to carry more stuff then strength.
Mon 29 Apr 2019 3:20 PM by BTFD
Ashok wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 6:02 AM
Zansobar wrote: Question - Aug Con RA does that transfer the + con to the pet that affects damage absorb or does it only create more HP for the pet (or both since Aug Con gives the shade more hp)?

Con (from any source) does not transfer - not in the current state anyhow.
Once fixed it should be transfered (prior to summon) to increase pets hp, not absorb.

Con as buff on pet does increase melee absorb.
Magic absorb is increased via resists from equipment + resist buffs on pet.

Zansobar wrote: I do not think dex adds to absorption only con does that, right?
Dex is just castspeed and maybe parry increase (for Abomination) - at least regarding stat transfer.
Actually not sure regarding +dex as buff on pet... maybe this needs another testing which effects each buff has.

Any update to this fix?
Mon 29 Apr 2019 5:11 PM by Ashok
Oh yeah, it's fixed.
Got rogue-fixed at some point... like 1 month ago already. ops:
Sat 11 May 2019 6:43 PM by Atum
hey hey

so just for understanding; although caster template is easy:

1) before casting pet:
swap gear with:

200/200 hp
75/75 con
26/26 resists

1a) cast pet

2) pet is casted
swap gear with:

75/75 dex
75/75 int
+11 skill (deathsight and/or death servant or +11 all magic)

correct?
Sun 12 May 2019 5:09 PM by Woodspryte
You want the resist gear AFTER pet is up. Hits/Con can be taken off if doing the summoning suit thing.

Atum wrote:
Sat 11 May 2019 6:43 PM
hey hey

1) before casting pet:
swap gear with:

200/200 hp
75/75 con
26/26 resists

1a) cast pet

2) pet is casted
swap gear with:

75/75 dex
75/75 int

correct?
Sun 12 May 2019 6:38 PM by dstrmberg
Atum wrote:
Sat 11 May 2019 6:43 PM
hey hey

1) before casting pet:
swap gear with:

200/200 hp
75/75 con
26/26 resists

1a) cast pet

2) pet is casted
swap gear with:

75/75 dex
75/75 int

correct?

Also str and qui on suit after pet is summoned, I think.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:09 PM by oldmanukko
so, to make a necro template.....

my shade form suit will have :
+75 dex/int
+26 power
+26% all resists
+11 all magic

in my backpack i _could_ have:
hands/feet/arms having a total of +75 con and +200 hits.

str and qui can be completely igored?

what stats that are imbued on the hands/feet/arms prior to summon do not matter because it's only con and hits that transfer?
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:36 PM by florin
You can put all the stats on one suit and save room for more loot or potions.

Max your
Str
Con
Dex
Qui
Int
Hits
Resists
Power
+skills

You will have more than enough money for this - pm your in game name and I can make you a small loan if needed to get started.
Sun 14 Jul 2019 4:36 PM by oldmanukko
florin wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:36 PM

Max your
Str
Con
Dex
Qui
Int
Hits
Resists
Power
+skills

You will have more than enough money for this - pm your in game name and I can make you a small loan if needed to get started.

that's an awesome offer!! (very cool that there are still people willing to do this) however, i make templates for generic casters and looking to make a cheaper option for necro's too. i do have one of these capped out suits that i made for resale. but, to get the imbue points to make it was quite expensive. to have enough imbue points and slots for all the stats, required MP armor and higher level items. what i'm trying to do i make a suit with 99% armor and swapping to keep the price down to the 5-6p resale range.
Sun 14 Jul 2019 6:37 PM by florin
oldmanukko wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 4:36 PM
florin wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:36 PM

Max your
Str
Con
Dex
Qui
Int
Hits
Resists
Power
+skills

that's an awesome offer!! (very cool that there are still people willing to do this) however, i make templates for generic casters and looking to make a cheaper option for necro's too. i do have one of these capped out suits that i made for resale. but, to get the imbue points to make it was quite expensive. to have enough imbue points and slots for all the stats, required MP armor and higher level items. what i'm trying to do i make a suit with 99% armor and swapping to keep the price down to the 5-6p resale range.
Np and fair enough - my temp was exp cause I have 3 low util toys in there for charges. If going for rvr - I personally wouldn’t skip str/qui as it’s sometimes a good idea to send the pet into the keep/tower to bash on an enemy or on a door or a higher level mob if solo. But if you were to cut some stats those could be it.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 6:31 AM by HELLRAISER
Can anyone list all the realm abilities that transfer to the pet?
Tue 30 Jul 2019 7:54 AM by Ashok
HELLRAISER wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 6:31 AM

Practically all the necro can train.
Fri 3 Jul 2020 4:23 PM by Servelle
Aftu wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019 1:48 PM
Koljar wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019 7:12 AM
from memory:

Thanks for the info but I would appreciate confirmation from one of the DAOC team.
Aftu

So far, no information from the Phoenix team, do the dev even know ? Or maybe they don't care ...
Fri 3 Jul 2020 4:43 PM by easytoremember
HELLRAISER wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 6:31 AM
everything except Adrenaline Rush
Not sure about First Aid, never even thought to try it
Fri 3 Jul 2020 4:46 PM by Neso
What do you need to know, your quote doesn't include any information.
Have you tried asking in the phoenix discord help channels?

If its to do how stats transfer to the necro pet, then doesn't this 78 post thread already answer most questions?

Here is a post from a Ashok...

The necro pet does have it's own base stats; those are the same for every pet and neither the selected race nor starting points will change those.

But the race matters in regards to (Including starting points):
- base intelligence: increasing all magic damage dealt both by pet and shade
- base dexterity: increasing castspeed of all spells casted by the shade (like the melee lifedrain)
- racial resists: racial resists are transferred in addition to item resists

HP, constitution and resists from items transfer on summon (including toughness RA). After summon the items with those stats can be removed, the pet keeps the benefits.
All other stats (str/dex/quick) and any stat-RA (including castspeed but excluding toughness RA) is transfered in shade form and does update in realtime if anything changes.

Buffs, of course, do not transfer at all, but buffing the pet obviously dies increase it's absorb, castspeed and melee damage.
Buffing the shade int does increase all magic damage dealt, both by pet and by shade.

... just tested.
- Ashok, GM Lead

...just noticed this topic is from last year - Jan 29, 2019
Sun 21 Feb 2021 4:05 AM by Moichel
Neso wrote:
Fri 3 Jul 2020 4:46 PM
What do you need to know, your quote doesn't include any information.
Have you tried asking in the phoenix discord help channels?

If its to do how stats transfer to the necro pet, then doesn't this 78 post thread already answer most questions?

Here is a post from a Ashok...

The necro pet does have it's own base stats; those are the same for every pet and neither the selected race nor starting points will change those.

But the race matters in regards to (Including starting points):
- base intelligence: increasing all magic damage dealt both by pet and shade
- base dexterity: increasing castspeed of all spells casted by the shade (like the melee lifedrain)
- racial resists: racial resists are transferred in addition to item resists

HP, constitution and resists from items transfer on summon (including toughness RA). After summon the items with those stats can be removed, the pet keeps the benefits.
All other stats (str/dex/quick) and any stat-RA (including castspeed but excluding toughness RA) is transfered in shade form and does update in realtime if anything changes.

Buffs, of course, do not transfer at all, but buffing the pet obviously dies increase it's absorb, castspeed and melee damage.
Buffing the shade int does increase all magic damage dealt, both by pet and by shade.

... just tested.
- Ashok, GM Lead

...just noticed this topic is from last year - Jan 29, 2019

Sorry to dig out this super old topic, but I see contradicting information in this thread and hence want to clarify again, if resis are being transferred PRIOR pet cast or only in shade mode.
Above posts states that HP+CON+RESIS are being transferred when casting pet and can be ignored afterwards.
But below post (from a later stage) say Resists are being transferred only AFTER pet is summoned:

Ashok wrote:

Could you please clarify again
Thanks
Fri 5 Mar 2021 9:32 PM by Leet
Interested as well. Any clarification by a GM?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics