RAs for faster casting

Started 23 Jan 2019
by Pijus
in Ask the Team
Hi,

Need some info about RAs Mastery of the Art and Augmented Dexterity.

Both of them increasing caster cast speed.

Mastery of the Magery at lvl6 gives 9% speed bonus
Augmented Dexterity at lvl6 28 more Dex Points, that makes me x% faster with casts, but how fast?

And where is cap here for castspeed? What makes more sence. To take MoA 9 for 15% speed bonus or mix with AugDex and MoA?

thx for Infos
Wed 23 Jan 2019 8:56 AM by Koljar
IIRC there was a (very old) test for cast speed that said: 10 dex ~2% castspeed (basically #2 below).

But there are also two variants for how the game calculates cast speed:
1. break points (certain dex values + cast speed bonuses from other sources (mota, toa, ...) for each delve value for a skill)
2. linear cast speed improvement (more dex = faster, down to a hard coded minimum cast speed)

Not sure which option is the case for Phoenix tho, has been a while since I played on live...
Wed 23 Jan 2019 9:35 AM by rubaduck
I can't give you exact numbers but,

MOTA was nerfed from beta when they added NF style RA's, making aug dex better early ranks but MOTA better at higher ranks. Aug dex was just not worth it then, but has a better trade off now.
Wed 23 Jan 2019 11:39 AM by Ashok
Koljar wrote:
Wed 23 Jan 2019 8:56 AM
1. break points (certain dex values + cast speed bonuses from other sources (mota, toa, ...) for each delve value for a skill)
2. linear cast speed improvement (more dex = faster, down to a hard coded minimum cast speed)
Version 2 applies to Phoenix. Every point into dexterity decreases the casting speed by the same %; no breakpoints.

There is a minimum cast time a spell cannot go under, regardless how much dexterity and % cast speed bonus you have.
Some spells are not affected by dex/spell haste at all - like the nearsight cure the main healers got.

There are soft caps and hard caps [varies] on stats. Any point beyond the soft cap benefits the character only with 50% effect. Above hard cap has 0% effect.
However, not all stats do have a soft or hard cap; some only have soft caps, some only hard caps. For example:
Constitution does not have a soft cap.
Quickness has a hard cap of 250 in regards to melee swing speed reduction, but is uncapped for dodge calculations.

The maximum bonus for any of the main stats possible is +200 (+50 base buffs; +75 spec buffs; +75 equipment).
To go above you will need those realm abilities that either further increase the stat or the effect (like casting speed); though in both cases the hard caps still apply.

The more dexterity you have, the more worth will Mastery of Art get - especially for spells with a longer base cast time.
DAoC has some pretty complex mechanics and how each stat affects combat effectiveness is a science for itself.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 3:18 PM by Kyrr
So..what would be an optimal progression? This didnt relly help me

For example :

Cabalist base lifetap 2.5 castspeed
Aoe dot 3.0 castspeed

258 Dex sc-ed + dex+dex/qui buffpots

Should i start with like aug dex to point x and then switch to moa x?

Its hard because you just told me that there arenat any breakpoinbts here to work towards
Wed 13 Feb 2019 3:39 PM by shintacki
Based on what I have seen and heard, including messing with the spreadsheet under the RvR forum, going aug dex3 then as much MoA as you want is how you optimize the return on your realm skill points when it comes to casting speed.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 3:43 PM by Zansobar
Ashok wrote:
Wed 23 Jan 2019 11:39 AM
Koljar wrote:
Wed 23 Jan 2019 8:56 AM
Version 2 applies to Phoenix. Every point into dexterity decreases the casting speed by the same %; no breakpoints.

There is a minimum cast time a spell cannot go under, regardless how much dexterity and % cast speed bonus you have.
Some spells are not affected by dex/spell haste at all - like the nearsight cure the main healers got.

There are soft caps and hard caps [varies] on stats. Any point beyond the soft cap benefits the character only with 50% effect. Above hard cap has 0% effect.
However, not all stats do have a soft or hard cap; some only have soft caps, some only hard caps. For example:
Constitution does not have a soft cap.
Quickness has a hard cap of 250 in regards to melee swing speed reduction, but is uncapped for dodge calculations.

The maximum bonus for any of the main stats possible is +200 (+50 base buffs; +75 spec buffs; +75 equipment).
To go above you will need those realm abilities that either further increase the stat or the effect (like casting speed); though in both cases the hard caps still apply.

The more dexterity you have, the more worth will Mastery of Art get - especially for spells with a longer base cast time.
DAoC has some pretty complex mechanics and how each stat affects combat effectiveness is a science for itself.

Maximum bonus from buffs is 155 not 125. 62 from base buff and 93 from spec buff. I am not aware of any softcaps on Phoenix (maybe over 400 in a stat there is one, I'm not sure, but that is at the extreme edge of achievability for most classes).
Fri 15 Feb 2019 12:05 AM by Frigzy
There's a soft cap for Dex on Phoenix?
Fri 15 Feb 2019 12:16 AM by Bradekes
Frigzy wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 12:05 AM
There's a soft cap for Dex on Phoenix?

...... Seriously..... Read some of the replies a GM already answered this
Fri 15 Feb 2019 12:22 AM by Frigzy
Bradekes wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 12:16 AM
...... Seriously..... Read some of the replies a GM already answered this
If it's so obvious surely you can enlighten me about what the soft cap is for Dex on Phoenix?
Fri 15 Feb 2019 2:08 AM by Bradekes
Frigzy wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 12:22 AM
If it's so obvious surely you can enlighten me about what the soft cap is for Dex on Phoenix?

Ashok wrote:
Wed 23 Jan 2019 11:39 AM
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics