Is SweetFX allowed?

Started 15 Jan 2019
by Thelicious
in Ask the Team
Would it be okay to use SweetFX on Phoenix?

As far as I can gather it doesn't change any game files or "change weather pattern, fog, terrain, or object positions". I'm hoping to make some in-game color adjustments to reduce eye strain.
Tue 15 Jan 2019 5:45 PM by MadDog
Since people are using reShade i think sweetFX is allowed too Don't worry.
Tue 15 Jan 2019 6:27 PM by chryso
How do these programs work? I have noticed some eye strain but I never realized that there was something you could do about besides just stop playing.
Tue 15 Jan 2019 9:59 PM by russell_m89
Wait holy shit, they have full pseudo-HD packs for Camelot to bring the graphics up? I have never even seen something like this for DAOC. I am watching this thread now for an answer, because I would love to try and download/use the SweetFX thing for HD.
Wed 16 Jan 2019 3:37 PM by Horus
I am not real familiar with SweetFX.

I looked it up and liked the look of some of the pics. I tried to follow the instructions I could find for using it but after doing so I was unable to login...just never launched the game after the login submit. Maybe Phoenix blocks this? Would be nice to get an answer. Don't want to get banned for trying to use something illegal.
Thu 17 Jan 2019 3:10 PM by russell_m89
Trying to bump this to see if we can get an official answer, I am hesitant to use anything that may get me banned, even though a host of people are probably already using this stuff.
Sun 27 Jan 2019 5:07 PM by Horus
Another bump...looks kinda cool. Any response from dev or does anyone know if it even works with Phoenix?
Sun 27 Jan 2019 9:07 PM by Cearex
I would like to know this as well. I just installed Reshade and its a nice visual bump just using Adaptive Sharpen, Colourfulness and SMAA - but certainly not worth being banned over.
Sat 2 Feb 2019 11:18 PM by Miliriadh
bump - would like an answer too
Mon 4 Feb 2019 6:13 AM by Drunkgrunt11b
You won't be banned for using reshade or the other one.
Sat 11 Jan 2020 5:41 PM by SonicWaringham
*Bump*

An official statement from the GMs would be perfect.
Mon 13 Jan 2020 8:54 AM by daytonchambers
I personally use ReShade. https://reshade.me/

Being able to boost the color and contrast of the game while enhancing the lighting and adding anti-aliasing shaves a decade of the game's age There are tons of options to choose from when adding filters, and there's an overlay that you can access while in game to make adjustments to each filter you add as well as toggling them on and off.

I personally have my settings pretty mild, and only use 5 filters: Adaptive Sharpen, FXAA, Clarity, Fake HDR, and Colourfulness.

Mon 13 Jan 2020 9:05 AM by Loki
Mon 13 Jan 2020 9:37 AM by daytonchambers
Loki wrote:
Mon 13 Jan 2020 9:05 AM

wtf, why? that makes 0 sense.

Granted this is a much older post, but apparently not all shader mods are viewed the same by the devs?

Mon 13 Jan 2020 11:22 AM by Loki
daytonchambers wrote:
Mon 13 Jan 2020 9:37 AM
wtf, why? that makes 0 sense.

It does make some sense, ReShade is banned by some games , I know PUBG doesn't allow it. The way it injects itself and uses the game files has the behavior of a lof of 3rd party tools generally used for hacks. So I suppose, if you use ReShade you should be fine, but don't quote me if you get in trouble
Sun 19 Jan 2020 3:26 PM by stewbeedoo
I checked the ReShade website presets and there are none for DAoC.

It would be great if any folks using ReShade/SweetFX could please take the time to post their presets.

It will save others some time in their efforts to update DAoC.

Cheers!
Sun 19 Jan 2020 4:54 PM by daytonchambers
stewbeedoo wrote:
Sun 19 Jan 2020 3:26 PM
I checked the ReShade website presets and there are none for DAoC.

It would be great if any folks using ReShade/SweetFX could please take the time to post their presets.

It will save others some time in their efforts to update DAoC.

Cheers!

My ReShade setup. Keep in mind that you can go a lot heavier on the color and contrast, my settings for these particular filters are lower than the defaults. I just wanted to add a little snap to the relatively washed out game colors as well as adding some AA to file off the edges on stuff. The filters I use are listed in the top section of the overlay.

Pretty self-evident, but the vertical line in the image is to show what these changes did. ReShade on the left, unfiltered on the right.

Tue 21 Jan 2020 4:26 PM by chryso
That looks good, thanks for the info.
Thu 27 Aug 2020 1:01 PM by Dakkhon
My home button is not working. Does the version matter because I have version 4.7. Any suggestions would be helpful
Thu 27 Aug 2020 1:40 PM by Uthred
As long as SweetFx is used for the intended purpose, enhancing the visual quality, it's fine aka allowed.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics