Savage - Lack of Reflex Attack and Prevent Flight

Started 18 May 2020
by andreynk257
in Ask the Team
Since all other light tanks get these abilities and the Savage does not, shouldn't the class at least receive its own unique passive RA and class abilities? If not something offensive than at least something that could help counter his constant health loss from self buffs?
Mon 18 May 2020 10:10 PM by shintacki
Savages do have their own unique class abilities, the entire savagery line.

And strike prediction, who else gets Strike Prediction?
Tue 19 May 2020 6:36 AM by Razur Ur
andreynk257 wrote:
Mon 18 May 2020 8:42 PM
Since all other light tanks get these abilities and the Savage does not, shouldn't the class at least receive its own unique passive RA and class abilities? If not something offensive than at least something that could help counter his constant health loss from self buffs?

Ok and plz remove stoicism from savage!
Tue 19 May 2020 7:03 AM by Sepplord
Razur Ur wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 6:36 AM
andreynk257 wrote:

Ok and plz remove shield specc from champs

Everyone can just make random nerf suggestions without any arguments at all, maybe this example helps to show you how useless the remarks are though
Tue 19 May 2020 7:20 AM by Lollie
Do savages get a base % chance to double/quad hit on unstyled or is it only on styles?
Tue 19 May 2020 7:25 AM by Razur Ur
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 7:03 AM
Razur Ur wrote:
andreynk257 wrote:

Everyone can just make random nerf suggestions without any arguments at all, maybe this example helps to show you how useless the remarks are though

haha what a stupid comparison, what champion shild spec has to do with stoicism? the savage is usually a hybrid tank because of its self buffs and i'm not even sure if it had stoicism from the beginning!

But hey I don't like to use shild spec on champion as it's not a must have and doesn't have the advantages of stoicism in RVR!

You sometimes write a shit that it hurts.
Tue 19 May 2020 8:16 AM by inoeth
Razur Ur wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 7:25 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Razur Ur wrote:

haha what a stupid comparison, what champion shild spec has to do with stoicism? the savage is usually a hybrid tank because of its self buffs and i'm not even sure if it had stoicism from the beginning!

But hey I don't like to use shild spec on champion as it's not a must have and doesn't have the advantages of stoicism in RVR!

svg always had det and stoic, just like any other offtank.

the svg actually lacks of a useful snare and cant stick on its target if he has desease. other offtanks can do that. that makes the svg kind of weak and i dont really get why so many ppl play it. zerk is much better in that regard^^
would be nice to see a snare style coming for the svg with the upcoming style changes.
Tue 19 May 2020 8:30 AM by Razur Ur
inoeth wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 8:16 AM
the svg actually lacks of a useful snare and cant stick on its target if he has desease. other offtanks can do that. that makes the svg kind of weak and i dont really get why so many ppl play it. zerk is much better in that regard^^
would be nice to see a snare style coming for the svg with the upcoming style changes.

that is not right! the savage can spec 29 Hammer for back snare ;-). savage is to strong have best dmg output, can spec backsnare (for peel) and have stoicism
and with self buffs good defence. champion and reaver havent back snare and on this server give insta snare a root immunity ;-(, with disease can all targets
easy run away from reaver and champion.

the only time a zerker is superior to the savage is when your opponent has a guarder.
Tue 19 May 2020 9:31 AM by Sepplord
Razur Ur wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 7:25 AM
Sepplord wrote:

You are halfway there Razur, you have almost done it.
Just connect the final dot, you can do it
Tue 19 May 2020 9:34 AM by inoeth
Razur Ur wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 8:30 AM
inoeth wrote:

that is not right! the savage can spec 29 Hammer for back snare ;-). savage is to strong have best dmg output, can spec backsnare (for peel) and have stoicism
and with self buffs good defence. champion and reaver havent back snare and on this server give insta snare a root immunity ;-(, with disease can all targets
easy run away from reaver and champion.

the only time a zerker is superior to the savage is when your opponent has a guarder.

how much dmg can you put out with 29 hammer? right, nothing. thats only good for snareing a tank and then move on but not really to chase a target and kill it.
its not like svg would quad or tripple hit all the time, in fact its really rare. i dont really see why the svg should not have the ability to chase his targets effectivly tbh. all other offtanks can do that, or at least stun them for 9s...

zerk can do much dmg on point, the crit changes were actually a huge buff for berserkers. since that they always do 30% dmg 100% chance while in bearmode. its like 400-500 dmg every hit. sure svg can do that much on a 4-5% basis any time of the day but very often not when it is exactly needed, still he suffers from the lack of snare.
Tue 19 May 2020 9:59 AM by Failwalker
Give prevent flight to 2h savage or make it only proc using the 2h...since some people love the custom nonlivelike stuff here.^^
Tue 19 May 2020 11:15 AM by Noashakra
Savage brings something : damage burst. No other melee class can do that much burst. If you hit a quad with some crits, it makes it impossible for the healers to react.
If you don't see the value of that... And they are supposed to be in an assist. They bring the stun and the zerk the snare.
Tue 19 May 2020 11:30 AM by inoeth
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 11:15 AM
Savage brings something : damage burst. No other melee class can do that much burst. If you hit a quad with some crits, it makes it impossible for the healers to react.
If you don't see the value of that... And they are supposed to be in an assist. They bring the stun and the zerk the snare.

thats just half the truth, it applies in fights vs tank grps. if you have to fight caster grps, you spread on the casters and there the svg cant chase his target in many cases.

also IF you quad and crit and maybe proc then the dmg is insane but most time (60%, see this topic: https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13635) you only hit with one hand. quads happen 2%!! WOW soo over powered lol
Tue 19 May 2020 12:41 PM by Noashakra
Didn't say it was OP, I just sadi it brings burst damage.
Tue 19 May 2020 12:46 PM by Killaloth
You don't need reflex attack unless you want to break your supports CC. And you don't need prevent flight on a savage.

Just spec it the right way, grow some fingers and use your brain.

Take notes and stop whining crap on this forum:

https://youtu.be/5r48gp_qysQ

Learn from the best played light tank on the server, don't be a forum warrior.
Tue 19 May 2020 1:13 PM by ExcretusMaximus
inoeth wrote:

On this server, sure. But no, they didn't "always" have them.
Tue 19 May 2020 1:18 PM by Sepplord
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 1:13 PM
inoeth wrote:

yes they did...what they didn't have, compared to other lighttanks was charge.
Which is missing from all characters here.
Tue 19 May 2020 1:34 PM by inoeth
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 1:18 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
inoeth wrote:

ofc they had charge on live, just not the classic "sprint" version because they have an endu shout out of the box
however what they never had was prevent flight
and later they got a style overhaul where the rear stun was changed to a rear snare with a follow up stun, which got then again changed back to a rear stun
Tue 19 May 2020 1:39 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Sepplord wrote:

My mistake. I stand corrected.
Tue 19 May 2020 1:54 PM by Razur Ur
inoeth wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 9:34 AM
how much dmg can you put out with 29 hammer? right, nothing. thats only good for snareing a tank and then move on but not really to chase a target and kill it.
its not like svg would quad or tripple hit all the time, in fact its really rare. i dont really see why the svg should not have the ability to chase his targets effectivly tbh. all other offtanks can do that, or at least stun them for 9s...

zerk can do much dmg on point, the crit changes were actually a huge buff for berserkers. since that they always do 30% dmg 100% chance while in bearmode. its like 400-500 dmg every hit. sure svg can do that much on a 4-5% basis any time of the day but very often not when it is exactly needed, still he suffers from the lack of snare.

Tell me plz how many off tanks have peeling style with main dmg specline? champion and reaver would be lucky over hammer skill will back snare but this both
class have not the chance this to spec and a savage has the possibility and please don't badmouth the dmg with quadra hits, i would be happy to have such a dmg output with champion. the only class where the savage comes close is in this case the valewalker and if the valewalker had stoicism the wine would be even bigger and just by the way the savage can also have 9 seconds of stun not in good condition but with sidestyle follow and 15 to bonus. Slam is not that great in this case, because you often miss and you don't have a dmg output in this time, that's the price for anytimer stun with shield.
Tue 19 May 2020 2:03 PM by Razur Ur
inoeth wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 11:30 AM
Noashakra wrote:

thats just half the truth, it applies in fights vs tank grps. if you have to fight caster grps, you spread on the casters and there the svg cant chase his target in many cases.

also IF you quad and crit and maybe proc then the dmg is insane but most time (60%, see this topic: https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13635) you only hit with one hand. quads happen 2%!! WOW soo over powered lol

so what's the difference between savage reaver and champion for example? all three don't come close to the casters with disease but savage is only half as long in CC as champion and reaver! and btw you doing with savage more dmg on one caster as me with champion and that can you believe me :-).
Tue 19 May 2020 2:49 PM by inoeth
Razur Ur wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 2:03 PM
inoeth wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 11:30 AM
Noashakra wrote:

so what's the difference between savage reaver and champion for example? all three don't come close to the casters with disease but savage is only half as long in CC as champion and reaver! and btw you doing with savage more dmg on one caster as me with champion and that can you believe me :-).

champion has red str/con debuff thats around 400-500 hp insta and insta snare, reaver has slam/levi and also a long range back style and instas for rupt. on the other hand thats comparing apples with peas because savage is an offtank, reaver/champ are hybrids.
Tue 19 May 2020 2:52 PM by inoeth
Razur Ur wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 1:54 PM
inoeth wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 9:34 AM

Tell me plz how many off tanks have peeling style with main dmg specline? champion and reaver would be lucky over hammer skill will back snare but this both
class have not the chance this to spec and a savage has the possibility and please don't badmouth the dmg with quadra hits, i would be happy to have such a dmg output with champion. the only class where the savage comes close is in this case the valewalker and if the valewalker had stoicism the wine would be even bigger and just by the way the savage can also have 9 seconds of stun not in good condition but with sidestyle follow and 15 to bonus. Slam is not that great in this case, because you often miss and you don't have a dmg output in this time, that's the price for anytimer stun with shield.

again comparing offtank with hybrids....
Tue 19 May 2020 3:24 PM by Razur Ur
inoeth wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 2:49 PM
champion has red str/con debuff thats around 400-500 hp insta and insta snare, reaver has slam/levi and also a long range back style and instas for rupt. on the other hand thats comparing apples with peas because savage is an offtank, reaver/champ are hybrids.

you have right debuff one time on one caster all 20 secondes but one purge and one heal = 0 dmg and btw. the stats debuffs gives immunity and the
insta snare with 15sec reused timer give root immunity too and means a hit and after that it can caster easy run away again and for me a savage
is more a hybrid than a real light tank! savage can with luck a caster two hitting a champ not!

Champion is strong with assist train on one target but in the most case you needed split to the enemy caster, but ok savage have more dmg and
champ have more rupt vs one caster but i don't want to discuss dmg differences here but the meaning of stoicism in savage.
Wed 20 May 2020 6:36 AM by Sepplord
inoeth wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 1:34 PM
Sepplord wrote:
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

ofc they had charge on live, just not the classic "sprint" version because they have an endu shout out of the box
however what they never had was prevent flight
and later they got a style overhaul where the rear stun was changed to a rear snare with a follow up stun, which got then again changed back to a rear stun

maybe in a later live version after TOA
when they were implemented they didn't have it and it was the main difference between zerker and savage.
According to a quick google there was an announcement end of 2010 that savages will get charge.
So...they got charge, what, 7, 8years after implementation of the class?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics