Turn necro pet into a Player @devs

Started 4 May 2020
by Muse
in Ask the Team
Why dont you just Turn the necro pet into a Player morph like on live. Without patching any new stuff. Same spells, Same behaviour (no melee Styles, 3x qc like now) just playable as a normal Charakter.

Removes issues with exploits like gt or anything.
Still lets the Player Act like any other to kite and Play like they should. You would See cc Timers, Remove the high crit values etc.

Can a dev do any Statement to this since its in the „ask the Team“ section?
Mon 4 May 2020 7:23 AM by Kurbsen
this would be so awesome lol +1 from me
Mon 4 May 2020 9:02 AM by Sepplord
i have only bare necro-knowledge but doesn't that require a whole class rework?

Currently there are spells that the shade casts with casttime, that then are instants on the pet. But if you ARE the pet, simply being able to fire these as instant spells seems problematic, yet giving them a casttime on the pet (and therefore making it interupptible as well as negating the possibility to stack it with other spellls) would be a huge nerf
Mon 4 May 2020 9:48 AM by Muse
necro only has a str/con and a con spell which is instant. The HoT is castable by shade so does the shade lifetap. You may be right, i didnt think about the few shadespells. but since they are not instant and ahve 500 units range, you could make them castable in combat like vamps from live had it, just need to stand still to cast. casttime is really slow but its the same as if you just move with your shade. Atleast from the first pov.

It was just an idea. it may be a class overhaul but spells are identical, no idea if this is a lot of work but well.
In general its the same mechanics the necro and his pet have now, just that its you. So f.e. You stick a player, hit him and STOP to cast a spell + a secondary spell, acts like a warlock tho, (UI spell + secondary spell). same behaviour as now when pet casts a spell the lifetap hits after the spell ended
Mon 4 May 2020 10:41 AM by inoeth
soo the pet becomes a lvl 50 player with increased af?!
also the "pet" can then be buffed hitting for alot more than it does now?

i mean i like the idea but then some things need to be looked at since its not a pet anymore and things work different on actual players.
necros are alrdy too strong imo and dont need love
Thu 7 May 2020 12:06 AM by Anelyn77
Bad idea, will kill all the versatility and utility a Necro brings to a rvr group.

Yes it would require a full class rework because as it works currently I can queue / cast shade spells at same time I queue / cast pet spells, and have different targets, while also commanding my pet where to position by being passive / defensive / aggro / goto X. I can interrupt enemy bard for example while giving power to my group cleric and then AF debuff enemy druid while snaring his pet or 2 shotting it.

I played a lot of FG vs FG on my Necro to learn and understand the class and how to utilize it best to justify my spot in the 8m. I don't care about 1v1 / skirsmishes on necro, and a well built (RA & template) necro is a nightmare for most other classes, but we are well balanced within 8v8.

Cheers.
Thu 7 May 2020 12:54 AM by easytoremember
lol to emulate the shade's casts you could reverse the roles:
The Necromancer summons an immortal, unattackable shade(pet) that follows him around. This pet casts the usual queued shade spells (lifetap, HoT, etc) and its casts are subject to the same range/los checks as the playershade formerly was. The Necromancer is now the one that casts powertap/snare/powerxfer etc. Any time the Necromancer is stunned/mezzed the petshade's can't fire and subsequent casts overwrite eqch other (same as now). Both the Necromancer and the petshade must be in range and los of targets to initiate casts as per usual.

Because the player is now the "pet" he can no longer enter closed keeps/towers. The shadepet cannot be commanded to attack anything and can't melee
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics