Will 1v1 see any further support on this server?

Started 30 Apr 2020
by Nephamael
in Ask the Team
Most of my 1v1 friends/enemies have left the server for good. I get ran over by 8s or smallmen 99/100 runs at EU primetime unless i walk 10 minutes before being in my "viable" 1v1 1vx zone to get run over only 9/10 runs.

Will we see any support for the solo playstyle? The problem is caused by bad attitude of a majority of the community toward the solo playstyle, so the only way to fix it is by making QOL improvements by DEVs.

The easiest way to fix it(besides the coding) would be to precisely show the location of a soloplayer in /fair toggle /fair list, so we can actually find each other.
Solos (and smallmen) have to hide from fgs and most of them cant outrun speed6 so we cant find each other in Emain/Odins/Hadrians, you know someone is there but you'll never find him.

I also suggest a teleport to the solozones without having to die there first, for solos and i guess for smallmen to their zones too. It is in my believe the only way to make the zones be used.

I also suggest we add 1 more solo teleporter to an open field area so people can (and will) meet there instead of the building style zones limiting any but melee play heavily.

I would be very glad to see a response by a DEV here. Most of those solos left on the server are desperate and don't see much future for us staying on the server, if things stay as they are, including myself.

I would love to stay, if my playstyle sees further support as i never played on a better version of DAOC yet than Phoenix. Also i always felt like you guys wanted to support every playstyle to make the server fun for everyone. If it is no longer so, let me know.
Thu 30 Apr 2020 6:54 PM by ColdHands
Solos can port through solo keeps and back after death, but they choose to either run out into the wilds or die at bridges. I port through solo keeps all of the time and only see other solos in the mid keep during the odins gate task.

If a group is at one solo zone, port to a different one. Done.
Thu 30 Apr 2020 7:01 PM by gotwqqd
I hope not

And I am 90% soloer
Thu 30 Apr 2020 7:28 PM by thirian24
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 30 Apr 2020 7:01 PM
I hope not

And I am 90% soloer

Who are you exactly? I see you posting about being a soloer. I know most of the people soloing. So it's be nice to put a name with the forum name.

You can only port back to the solo zone, if you die within the solo zone.

Also to the OP, the REAL solo community feels your pain dude. I've asked and asked and asked and made suggestions after suggestions. They all seem to fall on def ears. It's really sad too because the 8v8 community were given some love.

I have a lot of play time on my hands. During EU prime time, it is virtually impossible to solo. So much in fact that I normally just log off and don't play at all until late night NA. I'd much rather be playing and progressing my characters.

You are correct in the statement that the toxicity from the community is what causes the main issue. All to often I hear, if you want to play 1v1 go play mortal combat. Lol wtf??

After all the suggestions I've made, ideas I've tossed around, people I've spoken with and I'm sure the other hundreds of people that did the same thing before they quit, I'm sure nothing will change and the tiny ass solo community that's left will die off completely. Which is super unfortunate.

One other thing, I see people bashing other for going to FS and Uppland to get solo-ish action. That's just about the only place to go that you won't get semi run over. I'd much rather kill hard opponents/sneaks my own rr/level. But you can't even touch a single enemy at Beno without 400 turds running down from the keep. Let alone the 3 FG coast guarding. I like how the change in task literally had no effect on this.
Thu 30 Apr 2020 8:14 PM by protege
thirian24 wrote:
Thu 30 Apr 2020 7:28 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 30 Apr 2020 7:01 PM
I hope not

And I am 90% soloer

Who are you exactly? I see you posting about being a soloer. I know most of the people soloing. So it's be nice to put a name with the forum name.

You can only port back to the solo zone, if you die within the solo zone.

Also to the OP, the REAL solo community feels your pain dude. I've asked and asked and asked and made suggestions after suggestions. They all seem to fall on def ears. It's really sad too because the 8v8 community were given some love.

I have a lot of play time on my hands. During EU prime time, it is virtually impossible to solo. So much in fact that I normally just log off and don't play at all until late night NA. I'd much rather be playing and progressing my characters.

You are correct in the statement that the toxicity from the community is what causes the main issue. All to often I hear, if you want to play 1v1 go play mortal combat. Lol wtf??

After all the suggestions I've made, ideas I've tossed around, people I've spoken with and I'm sure the other hundreds of people that did the same thing before they quit, I'm sure nothing will change and the tiny ass solo community that's left will die off completely. Which is super unfortunate.

One other thing, I see people bashing other for going to FS and Uppland to get solo-ish action. That's just about the only place to go that you won't get semi run over. I'd much rather kill hard opponents/sneaks my own rr/level. But you can't even touch a single enemy at Beno without 400 turds running down from the keep. Let alone the 3 FG coast guarding. I like how the change in task literally had no effect on this.

qft
Thu 30 Apr 2020 10:21 PM by Jingo NZ
Essential changes

Can port to solo zone without having to have died there (still need to have been ungrouped for x min)
    Add hastener to solo zone (in open area rather than keep)
    Don’t broadcast the specific area of killspam (just say Hadrians Wall etc)

Suggested change

Solo kills in RVR task zone are worth double BPs
Thu 30 Apr 2020 11:30 PM by fail
I return recently, and i will probably leave again soon, this server got more players recently due to coronavirus, but lets just talk about stealthers, between 100 and 150 stealthers in prime time, how many solo? 4-5 at most... I always turn on /fairfight when i play and i am alone in this feature, and it was never helpfull in any case.

You can ask a lot of things to the devs, but you will not change the players mentality, i dont agree with a lot of custom change on this server, some of them have just no sense in game design terms but after all, its usually not laggy and just for that, its ok.

I am pessimist but you can do everything to improve solo experience, you will not change the fact that 95% of the players want RP, just RP, this is why tasks has so much success, you can gain rp just from suiciding, its actually this that make me leave the last time, just seeing dozens of players rushing keeps, suiciding all day long.

You will never change the coastguard issue on every realm, never, but for me, my limit is when i have to go to upp/cruachan/forest to "maybe" encounter a solo, i dont kill grey, i hate kill taskboys, but when you go at beno/crau/bled and you have all day at the very least 10 players patrolling between the fort/bridge/coast/docks, what can i do?

5-10 mins of running to reach upp/crua/forest, getting close to the dock, getting gank by campers, or simply leave this game, many soloers already did anyway.

Keep always in mind that solo shouldnt be promote, same thing for 8v8, zerg, shit taks etc... You shouldnt have a marker on your map who says "Go here, you will make good rps" in any sort.

Keep also in mind that coastguard/docks campers are only people who doesnt want to follow the bus, probably cant play in small/full grp and of course wont go to another realm to feed the others coastguards.

From what i see, its just sad 100-150 stealthers in game and im a down to camp a dock after 10 mins of running, because i have absolutly nowhere to go.

Finally, im also against a "solo" area, i did try when it was implemented, it last what? 5 days? Before full groups came in and zerg the place? As a stealther, i dont like duel, you loose the element of surprise. Also, you will find in a solo area every op class with full dump ready, its awful.

Its a long post, at least, i could release a little of my frustration.

Cheers.
Fri 1 May 2020 12:27 AM by Jingo NZ
There is one problem with your long post... this line here:

fail wrote:
Thu 30 Apr 2020 11:30 PM
Also, you will find in a solo area every op class with full dump ready, its awful.

What that means is you want to fight classes that are not strong, and that don't have active RAs that make you lose.

Good RvR ecosystem takes into account the food chain. For every fight you win, there must be a fight you lose.

For example, if you are an OP solo class, you must accept winning most of your 1v1s but also getting killed by small groups. If you are a small group you must accept beating every solo, winning/losing some small group fights, and losing to full groups. If you are a full group you must accept beating every small group, winning/losing some full group fights and losing to zergs. If you are a zerg you must accept beating every full group, winning/losing some zerg fights, and PVEing doors and guards all day.

RvR health = accepting you will win zome and lose some, ideally 50%. And also being able to find action that is roughly around your challenge level.
Fri 1 May 2020 12:51 AM by fail
Well as stealther, choosing his target is a huge advantage , advantage who disappear in a 1v1 area.

But you only confirm what i said: In a 1v1 area, you will find only op class, i got to challenge every solo visible class, its fun one time to challenge a 3x health bar hero, or anything that have access to IP, but dont be naïve, everyone in a solo area will wait for their timer, as i am not running without my purge up.

So in a solo area, strong class (basicly anything with ip) will win 100% of his duel, maybe not if he encounter another IP boy.

Yep, engage sometimes champ/friar/mercenary/hero can be fun, but if you only fight these class, your solo area will be empty very quicly.
Fri 1 May 2020 3:22 AM by stewbeedoo
On Live I was able to solo effectively on visible toons, but here it is much harder and I have been trying to figure out the main differences.

Certainly much of the Phoenix community is less tolerant of the various playstyles and seems to just want RPs at all costs. There are exceptions - I had an 8-man watch me fight a member of their realm and after I won they clapped and moved on without killing me (sure it is once out of thousands of fights but a cool story).

From a functional perspective, one big difference between Live and Phoenix is no speed of the hunt tokens. Sprinting around without speed makes you fodder for smallmans, 8-mans, etc. This also leads to many visi solos camping their own relic gates, so they can get speed after they fight.

Another difference is that on Live there was more "foot traffic" through choke-points to battles. This made for good places to camp solo. The foot traffic was caused by various things:
[list=][/list]One was mob placement, which often funneled targets in a large area to a smaller area that was easier to camp.
[list=][/list]Another was water movement speed, which funneled traffic to bridges.
[list=][/list]Another was porting - as I recall on Live defenders could not port to all of their realms keeps (I can't recall which ones). They had to port to adjacent owned keeps and run to those for defense.
I'm sure there are other differences that made the probability of finding solo fights easier.
Fri 1 May 2020 9:36 AM by SlowMo
fail wrote:
Thu 30 Apr 2020 11:30 PM
Finally, im also against a "solo" area, i did try when it was implemented, it last what? 5 days? Before full groups came in and zerg the place? As a stealther, i dont like duel, you loose the element of surprise. Also, you will find in a solo area every op class with full dump ready, its awful.

Cheers.

Totally agree here, a solo zone with duel character isn’t for me aswell. Doesn’t fit into the realm vs realm setting. So you have to deal with the frustration to get zerged in 8/10 times. On the other hand it can be really satisfying when you solo and get attacked by multiple sins just to see mutliple sins of your realm come to aid and turn the tide. Same when you get attacked by duo and manage to take down one.
That’s just how daoc was, is and will be. I doubt anything will ever change this
Fri 1 May 2020 11:13 AM by DarkDavion
Here what I posted in suggestion, we are close to pvp event and I'm curious to know what you think about this
the arena event isn't the best idea bcs:

this will affect RvR

the higher RR10+ will just reckt all the others

lot of ppl will respec for just being a beast 1v1 2v2 3v3 or other weird groups

In my opinion will be much better if u leave the solo zone and small man zones as they are now with the addition of:

1) a short term (every 30 min or BTW a time u consider fine) rvr task that you can only complete in the solo/small manzone if you win a fairfight

2) prevent those who have won the fairfight task from teleporting back to the solo zone/small man until the next task starts, this for prevent stronger ppl just farm weaker ppl. Make the loser take a little reward or just permit him/them to rejoin the solo/small man zone 1or2 more time

3) make the solo zone/small man zone an istance so just the fighters can join
I think the 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 5v5 6v6 are all great but must coexist with RvR and have their spot sometime and when action lack..
Fri 1 May 2020 1:17 PM by inoeth
i suggest some kind of voting system where you can vote for someone to be banned if they add all the time
Fri 1 May 2020 1:34 PM by leb
DAOC wasn't made for 1v1. that's all
Fri 1 May 2020 1:43 PM by inoeth
leb wrote:
Fri 1 May 2020 1:34 PM
DAOC wasn't made for 1v1. that's all

why is there a lone enforcer title then?
Fri 1 May 2020 1:44 PM by fail
Well, 99% of the stealthers and 100% of the coastguard will get ban, that leave only busses and 8v8 players, yey.

Only thing that can make things change is hitting the hard spot : Rps.

Even with gaining 0 rps for an add will not make stop the camping issue, some guys actually enjoy killing grey...

-50000 rps for everyone who jump on a duel, it will be funny to see herds of rr1 camping coast/bridge/docks.

But its a ludicrous idea, and simply not doable.

I repeat, devs/gms cant do shit when people are plainly stupid, they is nothing to do when 99% of the playerbase enjoy zerg/gank/meciodre gameplay.

@leb, DaoC is made for every type of gameplay, trying for favor one type of gameplay is the issue.
Fri 1 May 2020 2:02 PM by Riac
fail wrote:
Fri 1 May 2020 1:44 PM
Well, 99% of the stealthers and 100% of the coastguard will get ban, that leave only busses and 8v8 players, yey.

Only thing that can make things change is hitting the hard spot : Rps.

Even with gaining 0 rps for an add will not make stop the camping issue, some guys actually enjoy killing grey...

-50000 rps for everyone who jump on a duel, it will be funny to see herds of rr1 camping coast/bridge/docks.

But its a ludicrous idea, and simply not doable.

I repeat, devs/gms cant do shit when people are plainly stupid, they is nothing to do when 99% of the playerbase enjoy zerg/gank/meciodre gameplay.

@leb, DaoC is made for every type of gameplay, trying for favor one type of gameplay is the issue.

just to piggy back off of this i would love some sort of / command that would change the color of your nameplate, much like he (RP) flag, and would flag you as a solo fairfight player. this would make it to where you would get 0 rps for adding (prevents abuse) and ppl will get 0 rps for adding on your fights. i feel like that is a very simple solution and not convoluted at all. as far as the programming aspect i have 0 clue, im not a programmer. also, no kill task credit or w/e else those lames could give as an excuse for adding. 0 everything, moneyer, bps w/e..... id even take an rp penalty to be flagged as a faitfight player, its not about the rps. i feel like the rp aspect is something ppl get caught up on. rps are not the reward for a fairfight, the fight is the reward. the rps are a byproduct.
i would also LOVE a flag that would turn you hostile to everyone and allow you to kill your own realm mates, especially the annoying cunts. (everyone knows who they are)
Fri 1 May 2020 2:19 PM by fail
Yes, i thought about a really flashy pink nameplate when you use the /fairfight command, like the "RP" nameplate, but dont forget that devs are very limited in the feature they can add into the game. Maybe, they can modify the useless "RP" nameplate.

But it wont change a thing, people will add you even more with your custom nameplate, they simply dont care, or like are against solo playstyle (yep we have an example in this thread)...
Fri 1 May 2020 2:34 PM by Riac
fail wrote:
Fri 1 May 2020 2:19 PM
Yes, i thought about a really flashy pink nameplate when you use the /fairfight command, like the "RP" nameplate, but dont forget that devs are very limited in the feature they can add into the game. Maybe, they can modify the useless "RP" nameplate.

But it wont change a thing, people will add you even more with your custom nameplate, they simply dont care, or like are against solo playstyle (yep we have an example in this thread)...

yea but if there is no reward, atleast you wont see the unstealth and sprint 400 yards to tag them for 4 rps. or the 8 mans unsticking to run over a solo. (noobs)
Fri 1 May 2020 2:50 PM by inoeth
thats actually a good idea modifying the (RP) name plate.
change it so (solo) and if two (solo) fight each other and get jumped by adds the add will not get any rp
Fri 1 May 2020 7:34 PM by thirian24
Havent had a single fight today that I wasn't run over by FGs or added on by several coast guarders.

I think its hilarious when Albs own DC. The same shit coast guarders move from Beno to DC. Im sure its a nice change of scenery seeing as how they've never left beno coast.

I wonder if its like the Daytona 500 for them or something. Lets see how many laps I can make from the bridge, make a right hand turn down to the drop off. Take a left hand curve around over to the dock into a tight hairpin left into a straight away back to the bridge. How many laps does it take before you get to add onto someone?
Fri 1 May 2020 7:50 PM by Riac
thirian24 wrote:
Fri 1 May 2020 7:34 PM
Havent had a single fight today that I wasn't run over by FGs or added on by several coast guarders.

I think its hilarious when Albs own DC. The same shit coast guarders move from Beno to DC. Im sure its a nice change of scenery seeing as how they've never left beno coast.

I wonder if its like the Daytona 500 for them or something. Lets see how many laps I can make from the bridge, make a right hand turn down to the drop off. Take a left hand curve around over to the dock into a tight hairpin left into a straight away back to the bridge. How many laps does it take before you get to add onto someone?
psychos def thinks beno is talladega 2020, that dude is prolly making laps right now lol. ive sat in stealth and watched tv as this coast gaurders just make laps. im talking whole its always sunny episodes of them not finding shit and just running in circles, like wtf lol.
how did that dude get r11, by the way? straight garbage lol
Fri 1 May 2020 8:19 PM by thirian24
Riac wrote:
Fri 1 May 2020 7:50 PM
thirian24 wrote:
Fri 1 May 2020 7:34 PM

psychos def thinks beno is talladega 2020, that dude is prolly making laps right now lol. ive sat in stealth and watched tv as this coast gaurders just make laps. im talking whole its always sunny episodes of them not finding shit and just running in circles, like wtf lol.
how did that dude get r11, by the way? straight garbage lol

He got rr11 by adding everything in sight. Yeah, he is def one of the garbs I'm referring to.
Fri 1 May 2020 10:06 PM by leb
the title lone enforcer is a joke, the majority of stealthers had it because of green and blue players farm
Fri 1 May 2020 10:17 PM by Riac
leb wrote:
Fri 1 May 2020 10:06 PM
the title lone enforcer is a joke, the majority of stealthers had it because of green and blue players farm

i laugh at ppl that say this. its an assumption that you made up in your head and cant back up.
ppl who suck too much to get it say this often. if its so much of a joke, everyone must have it. hell, i bet even you have it... o wait....
i have LE and i didnt farm blues at the dock.
Fri 1 May 2020 11:14 PM by gotwqqd
1v1 is ancillary to the game
A title doesn’t mean that the game revolves around solo play

Take what you get and be happy
Fri 1 May 2020 11:27 PM by Riac
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 1 May 2020 11:14 PM

well, there it is boys. the conversation is over. gotwqqd has spoken.
its a game and it can revolve around what ever the community wants and the devs allow.
by your logic i guess 8v8 would ancillary also. its only about zerging keeps and trying to get relics?
Fri 1 May 2020 11:56 PM by thirian24
leb wrote:
Fri 1 May 2020 10:06 PM

Thanks for bringing up something that is totally off topic.

You must be butt hurt.

I love how people assume this of others.
Sat 2 May 2020 1:01 AM by leb
my butt is fine thank you, just funny that the stealthers cry for fair fighting once they are high RR
Sat 2 May 2020 1:02 AM by Riac
leb wrote:
Sat 2 May 2020 1:01 AM
my butt is fine thank you, just funny that the stealthers cry for fair fighting once they are high RR

another assumption
Sat 2 May 2020 1:13 AM by leb
and stop wanting beautiful fights on the bridges and docks...
Sat 2 May 2020 3:43 AM by easytoremember
stewbeedoo wrote:
Fri 1 May 2020 3:22 AM
Another difference is that on Live there was more "foot traffic" through choke-points to battles. This made for good places to camp solo. The foot traffic was caused by various things:
[list=][/list]One was mob placement, which often funneled targets in a large area to a smaller area that was easier to camp.
Most important point in the thread
Mobs' locations, density, level range, aggro state/range , behavior (spells or BaF), movement speed can be used to direct, shape, or hinder the pathing of players. The presence of neutral/hostile mobs permits movement but discourages the use of AoE in their vicinity. A solitary purple mob becomes a tool to trick enemies into hitting (i.e Glacier Giant in OF)

The sauvage-pennine border in OF had 2 large traversable valleys but one had a large camp of aggro oaks sprawled across its length- this reduced the 'path' of one valley to a narrow walk rather than offering a 2nd empty expanse

For OF hadrian's the central thicket of trees being populated by green/blue aggro mobs essentially made
the area into a loop instead of a direct path from MPK to MMG

OF pennine's camp placement was an example of how things could go wrong with mob distribution though. Around every corner, over every ridge, there was an aggro waiting to knock you out of speed. Every route you worked out on the map was either blocked by invisible barriers or huge camps of aggro, and those camps very often extended into adjacent camps and blocked areas too thoroughly (valley with giant named lizard surrounded by various casting lizards, orms, and trees)

The locations of mobs (particularly aggressive ones) also impact how immersive the zone itself is. Being unable to beeline from one side of the zone straight to the other creates a sense of size, and having to route around mob(s) led to other side effects like getting lost (Myrkwood at night for the ones that experienced it on Live) or the notoriety of the rock crab bridge riddled with gravestones from naive horse jumpers trying to get to Nisse's Lair, and even the dirt path in Hibernia surrounded by patches of blackthorns/lutananshees being an iconic levelspot. Being unable to walk in straight lines obscures the fact that the zones are boxed-in-squares. This effect is more pronounced in post-34 zones and even moreso in post-50 zones

Other effects were brought about by Chthonic Knight Ukobat sometimes patrolling the 4way at mid side DF and kill everyone that got within his range. If you were crossing deamhaness->drinkers or viceversa you had to be wary. Even more rarely Ukobat would make his way to the entrance and require someone kill him lest he wipe everyone inside. The spontaneous raids of sub-50's banding together to try and kill him were hilarious

In Salisbury, Cynewolf the Ghostwalker would roam around the west of Stonehenge and explode unfortunate victims with bolts. It was rare for anyone to bother to kill him so his existence was more a mobile no man's land for xpers

Often terrain that would otherwise be a quick shortcut between significant points in the map is filled in with dangerous mobs for the zone's level range (Njessi in Myrkwood's lake, grass serpants on Gna Faste's shoreline, Tendrils between the mygga tower and frequent task mobs, spindly rock crab in the water between Nisse's and the shore north of rock crab bridge)

The mobs' locations & attributes are as important for zergs as for solos and can change a grassy void where players are rarely entering cliprange of one another into a series of circuits where the redundant pathing boosts encounter rate
Sat 2 May 2020 8:47 AM by inoeth
gotwqqd wrote:

wrong, it does however mean that all types of playing the game are supported. keep on denying that but that wont change the truth, its just an excuse for bad players that have to rely on adding.
Sat 2 May 2020 9:13 AM by Killaloth
1vs1 zones exist already and so do 1vs1 discord channels. They work so and so as on the long run it gets kinda boring.

Just adapt to changes. I'm on top of the chart for both solo kills for casters and light tanks but after the latest task changes I changed a bit. I like the tasks but they are less solo friendly so I adapted.

My buddy bard got frustrated with the amnesia change and is mostly playing another game now, he adapted his own way QQ

I have been playing mostly Thidranki lately and I find it more fun than prime time RvR, give it a try if you like soloing, it's lot of fun for solo action and lots of fun for a speed class + anything. Adapting is better than getting frustrated
Sat 2 May 2020 2:17 PM by protege
gotwqqd wrote:

Still waiting to hear who you are after your 90% soloer claims.

Stop dodging the question.
Sat 2 May 2020 2:19 PM by Riac
protege wrote:
Sat 2 May 2020 2:17 PM
gotwqqd wrote:

Still waiting to hear who you are after your 90% soloer claims.

Stop dodging the question.
bro, you know this dude is straight up lying lol.
Sat 2 May 2020 3:29 PM by Lillebror
Killaloth wrote:
Sat 2 May 2020 9:13 AM
1vs1 zones exist already and so do 1vs1 discord channels. They work so and so as on the long run it gets kinda boring.

Just adapt to changes. I'm on top of the chart for both solo kills for casters and light tanks but after the latest task changes I changed a bit. I like the tasks but they are less solo friendly so I adapted.

My buddy bard got frustrated with the amnesia change and is mostly playing another game now, he adapted his own way QQ

I have been playing mostly Thidranki lately and I find it more fun than prime time RvR, give it a try if you like soloing, it's lot of fun for solo action and lots of fun for a speed class + anything. Adapting is better than getting frustrated
Agree Thid was supprisingly fun, but map could have been better
Sat 2 May 2020 4:51 PM by gotwqqd
inoeth wrote:
Sat 2 May 2020 8:47 AM
gotwqqd wrote:

wrong, it does however mean that all types of playing the game are supported. keep on denying that but that wont change the truth, its just an excuse for bad players that have to rely on adding.
And how does not revolving around solo contradict your statement

You apparently don’t understand the game supports 1v1!inherently without all the special favor
Sat 2 May 2020 6:23 PM by Nephamael
I played lots of bg RvR on Uthgard wich was the only easy access solo PvP on the server.
Phoenix always wanted and did try to support ALL playstyles and make them easy access.
So it is just a logical solution to make 1v1 easy access again at lvl50 wich right now it is NOT (5-10 mins run time minimum if not speed6 class).

----
Btw i know stealth 1v1 is still somewhat more viable but sadly im a fool who mostly plays visible solo. I do much more RPs and get more 1v1s on my Nightshade but i enjoy my visible solos more.

Xpovoc/Jukaron/Nephamael and many more are my toons
Sat 2 May 2020 6:27 PM by Nephamael
Btw the DEVs are reacting:

https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=13630

What they plan is instanced arena PvP sadly. It is something to play if you get rolled over all day but i still dont get why they don't just improve QOL for open field soloing in the frontier as that is what most solos and i like the most.

Most people do not like arranged duels ...

-----
EDIT: After the zones testing i am convinced it will be tons of fun, its actually no duel zone but a FFA PvP server style area where people can 1v1 or add, no rules basically tons of fun
Sat 2 May 2020 7:59 PM by fail
Killaloth wrote:
Sat 2 May 2020 9:13 AM

I am on of the very few that actually up rr3 in thid 100% solo, yes it is fun for a little while, but its like the dedicaded pvp area gm's try to propose. It get boring quicly.

In thid, the zerg spirit is the same as in frontiers, but you dont have (or very few) purge for example, so you can achieve some funs fights, but for me my thid experience was afking in front of APK (alb had ck 99% of the time) and killing players wanting to reach ck.

And you see the exact same thing as coastguarding in frontiers, you litteraly see people waiting dozens of hours in front of ck, waiting to someone to show up and rushing 15v1, its exactly the same thing as coastguarding/dock camping.

Its a mentality issue, i repeat none of the specific gameplay should be promoted, but dont be naïve, solo players are the first in the food chain and also the first to leave.
Sat 2 May 2020 8:16 PM by thirian24
Looks like the DEVs are showing the 1v1 community some love here. Which is a freaking blessing. I'm beyond grateful for this.

Is this doesn't get utilized after they've gone through the trouble of doing this, I doubt they'll ever try to help us again. The solo community needs to promote this zone heavily.

THANK YOU PHOENIX STAFF!
Sat 2 May 2020 8:18 PM by Quik
thirian24 wrote:
Sat 2 May 2020 8:16 PM
Looks like the DEVs are showing the 1v1 community some love here. Which is a freaking blessing. I'm beyond grateful for this.

Is this doesn't get utilized after they've gone through the trouble of doing this, I doubt they'll ever try to help us again. The solo community needs to promote this zone heavily.

THANK YOU PHOENIX STAFF!

I wonder how many people that said Pheonix would never listen are willing to apologize now...*crickets*
Sat 2 May 2020 8:23 PM by thirian24
I'll admit I didn't think this would happened. I proposed stuff like this a lot. I didn't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I've been on my last leg for awhile now.

I'm very grateful they are willing to do this. VERY grateful.

I'm glad I didn't give up.

Again, thank you Phoenix staff.
Sat 2 May 2020 9:02 PM by Uthred
I dont want to crush any dreams here, but it will be a solo zone, not a 1vs1 zone. Please dont mix this up.

Similiar to the PvP events we had on Phoenix before, everyone else is your enemy. The main difference to the events will be, that only solo players will be in the zone and no grouped players. So there will be no groups running you down, but nothing will keep other solo players from adding or not adding.

We will probably have some rules which will forbid teaming up. This will be announced before we open the zones.
Sat 2 May 2020 9:05 PM by Riac
Hell yea. That is grade A stuff
Sat 2 May 2020 9:05 PM by thirian24
Understood.

I never thought it would be a duel zone.

As mentioned, it's way better than being run over by groups.
Sun 3 May 2020 10:30 PM by Nephamael
@Uthred

First of all thank you a ton and please deliver a big hug to the DEVs too

The zone is super fun and should best have no rules other than those the players make by themselves.

Surely the duelers will have their corner somewhere and protect it, but as long as the rest of the map stays open field inc, some adders, some baddies trying to team up, it will be tons of fun in the long run.

I only want to ask 2 things:

1) lots of Hasteners all over the map

2) to narrow the zone at low pop times
Sun 3 May 2020 10:35 PM by Quik
Nephamael wrote:
Sun 3 May 2020 10:30 PM
The zone is super fun and should best have no rules other than those the players make by themselves.

The minute you let players start making any rules you end up with the same situation that makes so many people hate 8v8 elitists/purists.

PLZ lets not make rules for this or try to get some "Don't add" rules.

PLZ lets not let a place be set up for duels as this will end up abusing the RP's.

Can't we just make this a solo zone where anything goes within the limits of your class?!?!?! The SECOND you allow rules to start taking place you will alienate a ton of players just like soloers feel alienated now =(
Sun 3 May 2020 10:39 PM by Nephamael
Just let everyone play the way they want, there will not be only duellers in this zone, the testing already showed it very well, most ppl like to roam around!
Sun 3 May 2020 10:40 PM by DarkDavion
Quik wrote:
Sun 3 May 2020 10:35 PM
Nephamael wrote:

The minute you let players start making any rules you end up with the same situation that makes so many people hate 8v8 elitists/purists.

PLZ lets not let a place be set up for duels as this will end up abusing the RP's.

Can't we just make this a solo zone where anything goes within the limits of your class?!?!?! The SECOND you allow rules to start taking place you will alienate a ton of players just like soloers feel alienated now =(

What you write is in huge contrast to your signature. You want to prevent people from playing the way they want just to keep playing the way YOU want..
"It's a game and a game is meant to be enjoyed by everyone, not just a select few who want everyone to play their way!" ROFL
Sun 3 May 2020 10:43 PM by Quik
DarkDavion wrote:
Sun 3 May 2020 10:40 PM
What you write is in huge contrast to your signature. You want to prevent people from playing the way they want just to keep playing the way YOU want..
"It's a game and a game is meant to be enjoyed by everyone, not just a select few who want everyone to play their way!" ROFL

You people really need to learn to read.

My sig is about making sure everyone can play the game. Allowing people like you to suddenly make rules about how to solo defeats that purpose.

This is a solo zone and anything should go solo without fear of repercussions from other players.

Players like you seem to feel like you should be able to tell everyone else how to play the game instead of just letting them play it.
Sun 3 May 2020 10:44 PM by Riac
Quik wrote:
Sun 3 May 2020 10:35 PM
Nephamael wrote:

i still think there should be no teaming. outside of that do whatever.
Sun 3 May 2020 10:45 PM by Riac
Quik wrote:
Sun 3 May 2020 10:43 PM
DarkDavion wrote:

My sig is about making sure everyone can play the game. Allowing people like you to suddenly make rules about how to solo defeats that purpose.

This is a solo zone and anything should go solo without fear of repercussions from other players.

Players like you seem to feel like you should be able to tell everyone else how to play the game instead of just letting them play it.

well in this case arent you acting like the select few that have an idea of how it should be played?
Sun 3 May 2020 10:47 PM by Quik
Riac wrote:
Sun 3 May 2020 10:44 PM
i still think there should be no teaming. outside of that do whatever.

Absolutely.

This is a solo zone and if anyone can show footage of 2 people ganging up on someone else and then walking away from each should get those 2 banned from the zone.

I really hope they truly make this a solo area and not just open a zone and let everyone start writing their own rules and it becomes an area where 3-4 people or more all on discord work together to kill players.
Sun 3 May 2020 10:49 PM by Quik
Riac wrote:
Sun 3 May 2020 10:45 PM
well in this case arent you acting like the select few that have an idea of how it should be played?

It should be played how the dev's stated, a solo zone where everyone is against everyone.

If they said it was a zone where people could work together then fine I would be all for that, but I am taking this as Uthred saying this zone is designed for everyone to be against everyone and no teams.

I have always been for playing within the game rules and this would be a wonderful place for solo's to go for soloing, but if you let them team up it is no longer a solo zone.
Sun 3 May 2020 10:53 PM by DarkDavion
Quik wrote:
Sun 3 May 2020 10:43 PM
DarkDavion wrote:

Hahah you are hilarious,
the DEVs, as they have already explained, will make this pvp zone because it's not funny that the Soloers are repeatedly and continuously raped by groups or Zerg. If you miss this aspect of the game I feel sad for you.
Clearly since many players have been waiting for this area for a long time, the moment you want to stop giving it you want to force them to play the way you want. You continue to deny the evidence but it is so
Sun 3 May 2020 11:06 PM by Quik
DarkDavion wrote:
Sun 3 May 2020 10:53 PM
the DEVs, as they have already explained, will make this pvp zone because it's not funny that the Soloers are repeatedly and continuously raped by groups or Zerg. If you miss this aspect of the game I feel sad for you.
Clearly since many players have been waiting for this area for a long time, the moment you want to stop giving it you want to force them to play the way you want. You continue to deny the evidence but it is so

Ummm...this is exactly what I was referring to about the dev's. I am hoping they enforce this as a SOLOING pvp zone and don't allow people to team up because if it is a SOLOING pvp zone that would violate the rules...

Exactly how am I trying to create my own rules when I am asking the dev's to just enfore the rules they are already implying?

I would really like a quote showing I am creating my own rules and not just asking dev's to follow their own rules plz. Let me know.
Sun 3 May 2020 11:18 PM by thirian24
The 1v1 event was great. It has great potential. Like many have said, as long as they are teaming up, things should be fine.

Only thing I see as an issue is the zone is way to large for solos.

Other than that, I cant wait to live there.
Sun 3 May 2020 11:29 PM by Quik
thirian24 wrote:
Sun 3 May 2020 11:18 PM
Only thing I see as an issue is the zone is way to large for solos.

Other than that, I cant wait to live there.

Yeah someone mentioned maybe shrinking when fewer people are on but not sure how feasible that is. It would be nice if the map could somehow be dynamic and maybe have a larger map when more people are on, and a smaller map when fewer are on.
Mon 4 May 2020 3:41 AM by Kwall0311
I like the size of the zone for the test, i get that it was prime time but still a spur of the moment test and probably didnt get to its near potential of players. Way better than a small area of dueling circles , more time to fight in the open to give less time for people like Smud to come grief a nice 1v1. Probably had 12 good fights in the hour that it was tested. Good stuff
Mon 4 May 2020 6:08 AM by Sepplord
i wonder how the "no teaming"-rules will be enforced, considering duelers "protecting" duels don't neccessarily team. 8mans ganging up on an add and then not fighting each other happens all the time and is within the rules, so i can't imagine that being different in the solo-zone
Mon 4 May 2020 5:05 PM by Quik
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 4 May 2020 6:08 AM
i wonder how the "no teaming"-rules will be enforced, considering duelers "protecting" duels don't neccessarily team. 8mans ganging up on an add and then not fighting each other happens all the time and is within the rules, so i can't imagine that being different in the solo-zone

I hope people will do a lot of recording and if people are shown to double team you and then they walk away from each other, that should be an obvious sign of teamwork and they should be banned from the solo zone, not from the game, just the solo zone.
Wed 6 May 2020 5:52 PM by Nephamael
wrong, the only forbidden thing is running around together and helping each other out in a unfair way
Wed 6 May 2020 5:53 PM by Nephamael
@DEVS @GMs

You should make PvP zone tick RvR task again as it onesidedly punishs low RR players for participating in the PvP zone.

High RRs get 90%+ of their RPs off kills anyway.

We should encourage lowRRs to play whatever they like!
Wed 6 May 2020 8:29 PM by Sepplord
Nephamael wrote:
Wed 6 May 2020 5:52 PM
helping each other out in a unfair way

Like all standing together and fighting together against anyone who attacks one of them without obeying their playermade custom rules? Not even talking about adding an existing fight...

I mean, i realise that staff is not seeing it as a rule violation, otherwise they would have put a stop to it already...but i really don't see how it follows the rules that we were given.

Is it because they just team up against an attacker? So would it also be fine to run together as long as you don't attack anyone together? So you can pick your targets as you wish, but when you get attacked yourself by a player/class you dont like you team up and kill them?

And if THAT'S not ok....at how many units movement near eqch other does it turn from "tolerated duel farm" into "rule violating teambuilding"? Because the only difference between what is happening and tolerated and the second example is moving around.

And before anyone starts wild assumptions, imo the duelzone adds a point of interest to the zone. Which lessens the biggest flaw of pvp-zones. But i still don't understand how it is not a clear violation of the rules
Wed 6 May 2020 8:47 PM by Nephamael
ye ofc they are not suposed to punish someone for not /bowing or something lol that would be unfair help ofc and against the Idea of the zone

But noone can punish them if they add someone who added a fair fight or turn on someone who does so.
Wed 6 May 2020 8:49 PM by Nephamael
btw, currently the zone is struggeling not only cause of the hilarious RP nerf + removal of /task credit but because the zone is simply 2 big, so the only way to find action is to go to the area of the duellers zone, even if you wanna fight open field.

Zone needs to be narrowed asap!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics