Parry issue

Started 12 Mar 2020
by Xadoom
in Ask the Team
I usually don't talk much, but i read a lot. I enjoy the server and i'm very thankful to all of you who made this possible. I don't like whinings, neither to talk about the changes you made. Overall, it all works.

Still, doesn't any other believe there's an evident issue with parry rates? I play an high RR inf here. We have been nerfed in everyway, guess everyone knows. Its not really of any help if I tell you that, on any server, after rr8 basically no class can stand with sb/ns/inf damage output, where instead here most of the classes can. At this time, if a stealther wants to survive a fight, he can't rely on his damage anymore, which, I guess, is already a good paradox.

If you are low RR, any slam class is gonna destroy you just slamming, or waiting after your (rare) purge to slam again, if they need so. Which has always been like this, but at least if you had purge up, you had a good change to make it a real fight and even win, before being slammed again. At high RR, it gets much funnier. Your evade chance varies from 28 to 34% when fighting very low RRs, instead, against ANY class with a weapon that's not a savan/cosaintor/isen vakten/flammen vakten/whatever anymore, your percent to get parried is 40 FORTY %. Whats the points of using a shield if already as a 2h you got more defense than me, and i'm even the one wearing leather lol?

We are not talking about warriors/heroes/pallies and so on, but skalds who can EASILY land stun on parry cause they do parry half of the times, CHAMPS, THANES, BM, ZERKS, MERCS, FRIARs. These should be hybrid, it ends up they are full tanks with ip/ST and so on.

I guess you got the point and I already spent too many words. I think you all did a great job but you focused so much on balancing RvR for casual players, that you changed some base mechanics who do seriously affect the way soloers, usually the ones who mostly care about details, have to play.
Maybe its all meant to be so, i'm not gonna cry away leaving the server, but I guess now you know at leat a different point of view.

If I waited so much to write all these is because I thought that RR would have been a major reason to justify this problems, it is not. I'm an assassin, got over 65 in DW and over 52 composite in my weapon, still a guy with a wood in his hands can parry me like a bladeturn spam. Imagine what is meant to be when you are RR3, and you even usually get ganked 80% of time before ending the fight.

I'm sorry if my english isn't good enough, its not my mothertongue.

Once again and in any case, thanks!

P.S. I don't think its even necessary to tell you about how lame is that the ST/slam combo is permitted here, after all the changes you've made. It was meant so, when PA could land 650+ dmg on a light tank, not 350. But guess this is another story..
Thu 12 Mar 2020 6:55 PM by Freedomcall
This is one of the reasons I laugh when ppl whine that assassins are too strong and they wreck any tanks.
Any tank(regardless of they being light tank, hybrid tank, etc...) can pretty easily deal with assassins "if they took solo spec" and "played properly".

Nevertheless, I personally don't think parry is making imbalance.
Investing spec on high parry/rps on MoParry is kinda waste for group play, and those are the ones who has sacrificed their competitiveness in group.
Wouldn't they be rewarded if they've focused that much for solo visi play?

If you find a player hard to win, and if you don't like being defeated, just don't jump into them when they pass by.
That's assassin's life.
My 2 cents.
Thu 12 Mar 2020 11:37 PM by Xadoom
I pretty much agree with you, apart from considering Hybrids tanks, they are not.. getting MoParry9 is not that big investment, you lose competitiveness in group of course, still is it seriously meant for the Devs that Skalds should be warriors with instants, mezz, sos and IP?

You are right, we can just don't jump on them. Still, we all played daoc over the last 20 years, so we know what classes are meant to be. I'm just pointing the fact that, in this version of DAoC, some things got pretty imbalance. And since Devs did so much to make things ok for everyone, and doing so some were damaged, maybe things could go back to where they belong.

Seriously my CD should be parried 40% of times I land a PA? I thought that scale, higher base dmg and more HP was enough to sit between tanks and assassins. I'd like everyone on this server to answer this question, just to point out if I got mad or if people just thought that 2k20 DAoC should become like any other MMORPG around, with mindless classes played with the same effort as you have watching Beyonce during SuperBall.

I think i said enough, thank for the reply Freedom, have fun everyone
Fri 13 Mar 2020 9:05 AM by Killaloth
It's all about the spec. I was losing 1vs1 to a solo speccd rr3 berserker, his parry rate was 36%. I was grp spec rr10 BM..
Fri 13 Mar 2020 1:22 PM by Catkain
"skalds who can EASILY land stun on parry"

This does not apply to me, maybe the rest of my grandchildren?
Fri 13 Mar 2020 1:55 PM by inoeth
Killaloth wrote:
Fri 13 Mar 2020 9:05 AM
It's all about the spec. I was losing 1vs1 to a solo speccd rr3 berserker, his parry rate was 36%. I was grp spec rr10 BM..

im really jealous how you always say "im grp speced" and actually believe that yourself. dude a rr10 bm should absolutely wreck any rr3.

but pssst i tell you what: youre just very very gimp LOL
Fri 13 Mar 2020 2:42 PM by Sepplord
inoeth wrote:
Fri 13 Mar 2020 1:55 PM
Killaloth wrote:

im really jealous how you always say "im grp speced" and actually believe that yourself. dude a rr10 bm should absolutely wreck any rr3.

RNG can go weird ways in DAoC but i was thinking similar when i read it.... RR3 has 20point

RR10 BM even with groupspecc...will have a considerable amount of RAs that benefit even a solo situation (MOP/augstats/MoA) and +7 on their skillines compared to the RR3.
Fri 13 Mar 2020 3:11 PM by Killaloth
inoeth wrote:
Killaloth wrote:

I'm afraid you don't know what you are talking about but I'll help.

A rr3 solo spec zerk with high parry (skill training) and high moparry (RAs training) can easily win VS a group spec r10 thurst BM. Studded zerk armour is resistant to thurst. Zerk crush weapons have a bonus on reinforced BM armour. Grp sepc BM being det9, aom5, no moparry and high mopain and swing speed ras.

I will not tell you the name of the experienced zerk I had the pleasure to talk to on discord as you might gain useful information you don't deserve. His intent was exactly to show how a duel speccd zerk can shine at low rr vs high rr grp speccd opponents, and he did it.

If, as usual, your intent was just to talk some random nonsense about me the only result you have obtained is, as usual, to show your lack of knowledge.

I'd suggest you stop spamming threads with OT, do you think people opening the "ask the team" section enjoy reading your nonsense?

Continue to use PM for your whining or open a new thread in the RvR section, thank you.
Fri 13 Mar 2020 4:52 PM by inoeth
Killaloth wrote:
Fri 13 Mar 2020 3:11 PM
inoeth wrote:
Killaloth wrote:

I'm afraid you don't know what you are talking about but I'll help.

A rr3 solo spec zerk with high parry (skill training) and high moparry (RAs training) can easily win VS a group spec r10 thurst BM. Studded zerk armour is resistant to thurst. Zerk crush weapons have a bonus on reinforced BM armour. Grp sepc BM being det9, aom5, no moparry and high mopain and swing speed ras.

I will not tell you the name of the experienced zerk I had the pleasure to talk to on discord as you might gain useful information you don't deserve. His intent was exactly to show how a duel speccd zerk can shine at low rr vs high rr grp speccd opponents, and he did it.

If, as usual, your intent was just to talk some random nonsense about me the only result you have obtained is, as usual, to show your lack of knowledge.

I'd suggest you stop spamming threads with OT, do you think people opening the "ask the team" section enjoy reading your nonsense?

Continue to use PM for your whining or open a new thread in the RvR section, thank you.

last time you told me your grp spec included IP and you still lost vs my hunter ;D dude you cant win our debates, when just telling BS.
maybe start getting some skill and stop adding with all your chars, maybe you learn how to play.

anyway always funny to read your stuff, great satire xD
Fri 13 Mar 2020 7:11 PM by borodino1812
Why not argue the point, instead of throwing personal insults?
Fri 13 Mar 2020 8:55 PM by Freedomcall
Catkain wrote:
Fri 13 Mar 2020 1:22 PM

Catkain, you ARE the perfect example of this thread.
Last time I had fought with you, you had 45.62% of parry rate.
With that parry rate, landing 2nd chain stun with 2 +10 to hit bonus styles can be considered 'easy'.
That's why ppl don't purge on skald mezz, cuz 7 second stun will wreck them soon if they purge mezz.

But again, I personally think this is not a thing that should be fixed.
Fri 13 Mar 2020 10:18 PM by gromet12
Freedomcall wrote:
Fri 13 Mar 2020 8:55 PM
Catkain wrote:

With that parry rate, landing 2nd chain stun with 2 +10 to hit bonus styles can be considered 'easy'.
That's why ppl don't purge on skald mezz, cuz 7 second stun will wreck them soon if they purge mezz.

+hit bonus only effects miss rate, it has nothing to do with defenses as the ability to bypass them or increases them

The check system is evade, parry, block, hit/miss, guard, intercept and bladeturn. So a style with a negative to hit, plus to hit, or defense bonus/negative doesn't even get checked until after all the active defenses are checked. Style bonus only effects the overall miss rate, and has nothing to do with your post
Fri 13 Mar 2020 10:30 PM by Freedomcall
gromet12 wrote:
Fri 13 Mar 2020 10:18 PM
Freedomcall wrote:
Catkain wrote:

+hit bonus only effects miss rate, it has nothing to do with defenses as the ability to bypass them or increases them

The check system is evade, parry, block, hit/miss, guard, intercept and bladeturn. So a style with a negative to hit, plus to hit, or defense bonus/negative doesn't even get checked until after all the active defenses are checked. Style bonus only effects the overall miss rate, and has nothing to do with your post

Of course +to hit bonus doesn't affect defense penentration. I didn't say to hit bonus reduces enemies block/evade/parry rate.
But it does still mean a lot cuz miss rate is still a thing.
If you experience conquer missing a lot when you really need that peel,
If you experience flank missing twice in a row even on stunned target,
If you feel 2nd style of VW side chain seems to kinda miss a lot and realize it has +5 to hit bonus,
You will learn why i have mentioned +10 to hit bonus.
Sat 14 Mar 2020 6:25 PM by inoeth
borodino1812 wrote:
Fri 13 Mar 2020 7:11 PM
Why not argue the point, instead of throwing personal insults?

some individuals derserve that
Tue 24 Mar 2020 3:36 PM by Catkain
Freedomcall wrote:
Catkain wrote:

I dunno about all your numbers, calculations and spreadsheet ideas. I dont do that stuff. I just run around fighting dudes and I dont stun them very often. But yeah maybe the other skalds land a lot more than me?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics