Question in Style Damage Formula

Started 6 Mar 2020
by Freedomcall
in Ask the Team
So I was trying to calculate some melee damages according to the link Gruenesschaf used to refer to,
but am stuck on style damage formula.

STYLE_DAMAGE = (STYLE_BASE + (SPEC - STYLE_LEVEL) * STYLE_GROWTH) * SWING_SPEED * DAMAGE_MODIFIER / 10

So, apparently I can find all the information on spec, style level, growthrate, etc...
And also able to calculate swing speed and damage modifier.

But what exactly is Style Base? I mean, where can i find the exact number of the "style base"s of the styles?
I tried to find it from ingame combat logs or relevant forum posts but failed.
Could any dev can give some info about it?
Sat 7 Mar 2020 2:05 AM by gruenesschaf
Freedomcall wrote:
Fri 6 Mar 2020 11:41 PM
So I was trying to calculate some melee damages according to the link Gruenesschaf used to refer to,

STYLE_DAMAGE = (STYLE_BASE + (SPEC - STYLE_LEVEL) * STYLE_GROWTH) * SWING_SPEED * DAMAGE_MODIFIER / 10

So, apparently I can find all the information on spec, style level, growthrate, etc...

But what exactly is Style Base? I mean, where can i find the exact number of the "style base"s of the styles?

Not using that for most styles as the required data isn't available for old styles / pre revamp, we're using the common single value growthrates for that.
Sat 7 Mar 2020 3:19 AM by Freedomcall
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 7 Mar 2020 2:05 AM
Freedomcall wrote:
Fri 6 Mar 2020 11:41 PM

Not using that for most styles as the required data isn't available for old styles / pre revamp, we're using the common single value growthrates for that.

I see. Could u tell me that formula then, plz?
I first assumed a specific constant number multiplied at "Spec * Growthrate * swing spd * dmg modifier/10",
but it seems to some gap with the test I did on dummy.
Sat 7 Mar 2020 3:32 AM by gruenesschaf
Freedomcall wrote:
Sat 7 Mar 2020 3:19 AM
I see. Could u tell me that formula then, plz?
I first assumed a specific constant number multiplied at "Spec * Growthrate * swing spd * dmg modifier/10",
but it seems to some gap with the test I did on dummy.

style damage = damage * growth rate * spec * swing speed / damage cap

Growth rates are under normal circumstances (ie realistic specs etc.) good enough and the actual difference in the end is only a couple points of damage. However, the style base variant is the correct one which can be best seen at certain edge cases like the level 2 styles, style spec is basically supposed to have virtually no effect on those, however they should still produce some + damage at level 2 -> these are examples where there is some style base value but basically zero style growth, this can't really be represented by the approximating growth rate system.
Sat 7 Mar 2020 3:57 PM by Freedomcall
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 7 Mar 2020 3:32 AM

Growth rates are under normal circumstances (ie realistic specs etc.) good enough and the actual difference in the end is only a couple points of damage. However, the style base variant is the correct one which can be best seen at certain edge cases like the level 2 styles, style spec is basically supposed to have virtually no effect on those, however they should still produce some + damage at level 2 -> these are examples where there is some style base value but basically zero style growth, this can't really be represented by the approximating growth rate system.

Thank you.
I could get pretty close numbers to my tests on dummies by using that formula.

I have another question.
I couldn't find any formula that includes weapon quality/condition.
At which point does weapon qual/con affect melee damage formula?
There is "Item quality" in Enemy Armor Formula, but apparently it is armor quality, not weapon quality, right?

I have observed that weapon quality doesn't change the damage modifier,
so I assume it affects somewhere in the DPS formula,
and does weapon quality also affects style damage as well seperately?
Sun 8 Mar 2020 1:35 AM by pollojack
Freedomcall wrote:
Sat 7 Mar 2020 3:57 PM
gruenesschaf wrote:

Thank you.
I could get pretty close numbers to my tests on dummies by using that formula.

I have another question.
There is "Item quality" in Enemy Armor Formula, but apparently it is armor quality, not weapon quality, right?

I have observed that weapon quality doesn't change the damage modifier,
so I assume it affects somewhere in the DPS formula,
and does weapon quality also affects style damage as well seperately?
My understanding is quality helps but isn't a big decider, hence most are fine with 99% qua. The formula has so many more important variables like using 51 gear at RR5 or spec. That being said I still go for MP gear, it is less than a plat to make MP cloth and for melees every bit you get helps. I'd love to see a custom modification of 99% gear offering everything 100% gear does minus the imbue points.

Con will be difficult to test or easy to test depending on your perspective. On this server CON of gear is counted as 100% till it hits 89%.
Thu 2 Apr 2020 10:25 AM by Centenario
gruenesschaf wrote:

I think the damage has to be studied like this:
Weapon Damage
Weapon Cap Damage
Weapon Modified Damage (Left Axe, Left Hand)
Weapon Style Damage
Weapon Special Style Damage (CS)
Total Damage

DAMAGE CAP:
CAP(1h) = DPS * SPD * 3 * [(1+ (SPD - 2 ) *0.03)] <== Slow WPN bonus
CAP(2h) = DPS * SPD * 3 * SLOWbonus*[(1.1 + (0.005*2hSPEC))] <== 2h WPN bonus
DAMAGE:
DMG= DPS * SPD * Quality * Condition * [WPNskill/TargetAF] <== Penetration
DMG=CAP(1h) when Penetration = 3* SLOWbonus or around 3.2 (max)
DMG=CAP(2h) when Penetration = 3*SLOWbonus*2hWPNbonus or around 4.8 (max)
So it is a lot harder to reach cap damage with a 2-hander.
STYLE DAMAGE:
coded version
"style damage = damage * growth rate * spec * swing speed / damage cap"
my version
styleDMG= [DMG * (1+g) * spec/lvl * (1-Haste) * (1-ASbonus)*(1-(QUIbonus)]-DMG
TOTAL DAMAGE
T[DMG]=MAX[(DMG+styleDMG),CAPdmg]
Fri 3 Apr 2020 12:02 AM by sylvynyr
Freedomcall wrote:
Sat 7 Mar 2020 3:57 PM
I have another question.

BASE_DAMAGE = DAMAGE_MODIFIER * DPS

DPS = [[[[[WEAPON_DPS * WEAPON_SPEED * 10]
* (0.94 + WEAPON_SPEED * 0.03)]
* TWOHANDBONUS]

TWOHANDBONUS = 1.10 + 0.005 * SPEC

WEAPON_DPS = DPS Rating * Quality * Condition

16.5 MP weapon at 100% condition = 16.5 * 100% * 100% = 16.5 DPS

Keeping in mind RR5 is required to hit 16.5 dps
< RR5 caps at 16.2 dps
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics