Lack of Housing

Started 18 Feb 2020
by evansj539
in Ask the Team
I have been unable to find these question's being asked/answered anywhere.

Why is there such limited housing? I'm assuming due to server space?

Is it rude to just grab a stone if someone is camping it to get the lowest price?

Are there any future possible updates to produce more housing?

Thought id ask while the server is down, cheers for the hard work.
Tue 18 Feb 2020 9:49 AM by Uthred
We cant have more houses, we are already at the max of houses the client/game supports. So there is not really much we can do. Some people came up with the suggestion that players that didnt log in for some amount of time would automatically lose their houses, but im not sure if that is a good solution. Imagine you coming back after a break and your house is gone. Guess you wouldnt be very happy about it.
For now we are still discussing and havent come to an decision yet. If any of you has any ideas, let us know.
Tue 18 Feb 2020 11:08 AM by Sepplord
evansj539 wrote:
Tue 18 Feb 2020 9:20 AM
Is it rude to just grab a stone if someone is camping it to get the lowest price?

Imo, clear no.

The system is like it is for a reason.
If a person doesn't want to pay a higher price, but someone else does...why would the plot go to the one wanting to pay less...just out of courtesy?
The more is paid for a plot the better for the server as it drains more money from the game. So actually you are doing a good deed by buying early

If you have second thoughts and want to be nice, tell them you will buy unless they buy it themselves now.
I wonder why people would even do it though, you can farm more money in the time it takes to reduce in price anyways. If you are actively camping the spot, then you are losing money. There is literally no benefit
Tue 18 Feb 2020 11:22 AM by borodino1812
evansj539 wrote:
Tue 18 Feb 2020 9:20 AM

Not rude at all.
Tue 18 Feb 2020 1:37 PM by evansj539
Thanks all, i did presume that it would be a bit of a nightmare to produce something like layered housing as live does and i guessed the work involed to create those would take up too much time etc. Unfortunately i am in no way technically minded so would never be able to begin to suggest any other avenue other than using the less used zones on classic and maybe placing houses there....but as i said i have no idea what it would take for that.

It is nice having your own house and its good to know you guys are actively changing things to cater for us to progress and own/keep our own potential real estate on the land. Always nice to come "home"

Thats fair on the buying a plot scenario, i ended up just leaving it due to it possibly being a hassle.

Thank you very much.

Also, great job on getting the server back up before i have to go to work
Fri 21 Feb 2020 8:05 PM by Lipsi
Before it would take a bit more effort to get a house, because there was no slash command to locate them, so many players wanting a house, but not enough to spend the time roaming the housing zone, would abandon the idea, even though with a bit of luck and patience, you were often rewarded by finding a lot for sale at 300 gold.

Now that the slash command is implemented, you can know very easily which lots are for sale and at what price. This feature comes at one price : cheap lots sell almost instantly, since the barrier to get them (taking some time to roam) has been removed, and now the only discrimination left is about lot price. You shouldn't be shy to buy one lot which is for sale, if you are willing to pay the price, that obviously the other players are not willing to pay.

So, getting a house is now easier, but also more expensive, and probably the shortage of lots for sale is a bit more too because housing has a larger audience.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics