Keyboard macro (internal) to run Skald chants bannable?

Started 12 Feb 2020
by amnvex
in Ask the Team
I am curious about this. A button to automate 7 buttons with an internal program (a gaming keyboard's automation) to do this. Is it legit? Allowed? Please clarify.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 9:35 PM by _Dax_
amnvex wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 9:17 PM
I am curious about this. A button to automate 7 buttons with an internal program (a gaming keyboard's automation) to do this. Is it legit? Allowed? Please clarify.

5. Macroing

It is allowed to bind multiple actions to a key, however, delays, repeats, and conditions are strictly forbidden as well as any other means that allow unattended game-play.
Fri 14 Feb 2020 6:18 AM by amnvex
Cool, thank you! Happy to know that I can automate 6-7 keys with one button press.
Fri 14 Feb 2020 1:54 PM by bigne88
amnvex wrote:
Fri 14 Feb 2020 6:18 AM
Cool, thank you! Happy to know that I can automate 6-7 keys with one button press.

You can use auto hot key program to do that.
Check youtube, there is a obelisk video explaining that.
Mon 17 Feb 2020 6:36 PM by jcambros
The below is the base of my AHK scripts. I modify it for different classes.
One of the GM's confirmed this AHK script was allowable on this server in a DM.

; Only allow macros to work in DAOC window
#IfWinActive, ahk_class DAoCMWC

; Parry Follow up -> Parry -> Anytime
3::
send 4
send 3
send 2
return

; All Chants
t::
send {f4}
send {f5}
send {f6}
send {f7}
send {f8}
send {f9}
send {f1}
send {f2}
send {f3}
return

; Sequence DDs
f::
Timescalled++
If (TimesCalled = 3)
TimesCalled:=1
If (TimesCalled = 1)
send {f10}
If (TimesCalled = 2)
send {f11}
return

; Turn on and off the script
PgUp::
Suspend toggle
return

PgDn::
Suspend toggle
return
Thu 20 Feb 2020 6:51 AM by Meandow
jcambros wrote:
Mon 17 Feb 2020 6:36 PM

send 4
send 3
send 2
return

; All Chants
send {f4}
send {f5}
send {f6}
send {f7}
send {f8}
send {f9}
send {f1}
send {f2}
send {f3}
return

; Sequence DDs
Timescalled++
If (TimesCalled = 3)
If (TimesCalled = 1)
send {f10}
If (TimesCalled = 2)
send {f11}
return

Suspend toggle
return

Suspend toggle
return

Hate to break it to you but you're breaking the server rules with that script, "If (TimesCalled = 3)" is a prime example of a condition in programming..

"delays, repeats, and conditions are strictly forbidden"

See my post here: https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12376
Technically Phoenix could just clean all your characters out and ban the account for 2 weeks, gl!

EDIT;
Didn't see the GM approving thing, I really don't see how, it's a clear violation of the rule.
Thu 20 Feb 2020 7:04 AM by Sepplord
i believe the key factor is, that the condition is not checking any ingame things as condition
for example checking your HP and triggering IP at low health but not triggering it if you are above a certain threshold

the example is only triggering a different thing on different presses of the same key...but it will always go through the same commands, no matter what is happening in game. It doesn't check which DDs are off cooldown and then prioritises one over the other, and uses the other if the first is on cooldown. It just presses DD1 on the first press, then DD2 on the second, then DD1 again, followed by DD2 no matter what is happening ingame
Thu 20 Feb 2020 12:06 PM by bigne88
jcambros wrote:
Mon 17 Feb 2020 6:36 PM

send 4
send 3
send 2
return

; All Chants
send {f4}
send {f5}
send {f6}
send {f7}
send {f8}
send {f9}
send {f1}
send {f2}
send {f3}
return

; Sequence DDs
Timescalled++
If (TimesCalled = 3)
If (TimesCalled = 1)
send {f10}
If (TimesCalled = 2)
send {f11}
return

Suspend toggle
return

Suspend toggle
return
Does the chant twist works on skald?
I tryed a similar script for my skald but was not reliable.
It wasnt shooting all the chants at the same moment, or just not all of them, skipping some.
It was really sloppy, even with just 3 chants.

I tried both with send and sendinput...
Thu 20 Feb 2020 12:47 PM by Vkejai
Learn to do it manually , goddam technology.
Thu 20 Feb 2020 12:55 PM by bigne88
Vkejai wrote:
Thu 20 Feb 2020 12:47 PM
Learn to do it manually , goddam technology.

Im nomore 16 years old man. Without tech support im crippled.
Thu 20 Feb 2020 2:21 PM by Sepplord
i haven't personally dabbled with AHK, but two of my friends have

one of them could fire a script activating all skald chants reliably, the other would only get 3-4chants working, if more got added into the same macro it would sometimes work, and sometimes just leave some out. Really inconsistent

A good tip is to map some on key-down and some on key-release, spreading the inputs over mulitple different steps of the keypress.
Imo if you want to have speed reliably at the end (aka when order matters) you have to do it like that, otherwise the internal delays become mandatory and "technically" it could be a ruleviolation
Thu 20 Feb 2020 4:17 PM by bigne88
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 20 Feb 2020 2:21 PM
i haven't personally dabbled with AHK, but two of my friends have

one of them could fire a script activating all skald chants reliably, the other would only get 3-4chants working, if more got added into the same macro it would sometimes work, and sometimes just leave some out. Really inconsistent

A good tip is to map some on key-down and some on key-release, spreading the inputs over mulitple different steps of the keypress.
Imo if you want to have speed reliably at the end (aka when order matters) you have to do it like that, otherwise the internal delays become mandatory and "technically" it could be a ruleviolation

I have a lvl 49 skald so I actually never started to make any sort of pvp, just wanted to test it out for the science.
Will try out in the future with press and release key, even if I failed already with such thing. Probably is the wood pc im using atm or windows 7 Im running with. This weekend Ill assemble a new one and will try it again.
Sat 22 Feb 2020 3:23 AM by rocketait
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 20 Feb 2020 7:04 AM
i believe the key factor is, that the condition is not checking any ingame things as condition
for example checking your HP and triggering IP at low health but not triggering it if you are above a certain threshold

the example is only triggering a different thing on different presses of the same key...but it will always go through the same commands, no matter what is happening in game. It doesn't check which DDs are off cooldown and then prioritises one over the other, and uses the other if the first is on cooldown. It just presses DD1 on the first press, then DD2 on the second, then DD1 again, followed by DD2 no matter what is happening ingame

If it was reading in-game though a memory/network hook (aka the HP check) your ahk script would be more of a bot then a macro it is making choices for you and is more of an animation tool (also very against the rules). Although your one button sometimes being another button does seem kind of harmless, I do agree though that making one button "conditionally" press different buttons seems like would be against the rules
however, delays, repeats, and conditions are strictly forbidden

Though like most laws/rules, they tend to be made to catch all kinds of bad behavior and the intent matters a bit (aka. default ahk does have a small delay between playback of keys (you can use some formats/settings to make it as fast and processing allows, but I think this 5-10ms delay is not what they where thinking about but more or not the auto twisting chants( on the order of seconds) that make you never mis a twist).) Also if your script is allowed you could use conditions that would do the same thing as the twisting if I just hold the button down while playing (instead of 3 states just make thousands and after a few thousand key events it changes to chants or whatever (there by turning a constant press into a delay/automation))

Just food for thought on why conditional would not be allowed (even simple ones, that are just conditional to the keys pressed and their order).
Thu 27 Feb 2020 12:44 PM by bigne88
So the 2 DD on one button, scripted as previously shown, it is forbidden?
Wanted to test it, but I want an admin response, because the syntax "if" goes with conditions, wich are bannable.
Sat 29 Feb 2020 7:50 PM by jcambros
bigne88 wrote: So the 2 DD on one button, scripted as previously shown, it is forbidden?
Wanted to test it, but I want an admin response, because the syntax "if" goes with conditions, wich are bannable.

Again, I sent this to a GM and he said it was fine.
The key is that youre not scraping game data for conditions.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics