Question about Static Tempest

Started 6 Jan 2020
by Enyore
in Ask the Team
How is the mechanism working for ST, it seems dropping several are stacking and making a complete stun lock - is this working as intended or are they supposed to work like TWF where only one will work if several are dropped?

Just wondering.
Tue 7 Jan 2020 3:44 PM by Insanity84
Im sure i was stunlocked on stacked STs some days ago in a tower, so yes it stacks.
If thats not intended it should have its own stun immunity timer for 2.99 seconds after stun falls of, so it doesn't prevent itself from working, but prevents stacking.
Tue 7 Jan 2020 5:05 PM by Sepplord
afaik it only stacks when timed right...it doesn't auto-stack to stunlock everything with 2ST's

That said, it really shouldn't reset immunities...ignore them for sure, but not reset
Tue 7 Jan 2020 6:35 PM by chryso
There is probably just one immunity timer for stun. I would suspect that adding multiple immunity timers for the same effect could be difficult and require a lot of coding.
Tue 7 Jan 2020 7:26 PM by Enyore
The thing about resetting immunities is one thing - as far as I know it has always been so.

I was more thinking about the effect of several ST's, ie in tower/keep fights - when there are enough STs dropped they seem to stun through the floors and you sometimes end up in complete stun locks - I tried this the other day where i was literally frozen for 25 seconds and could not move and I was wondering if this situation is working as intended?

It doesn't happen too often, so its not a big deal, at least not yet until it comes a zerg-meta thing.... Just figured that maybe it was supposed to be on the same rule set as TWF where they are not overlapping and maybe do not work through floors and walls?
Tue 7 Jan 2020 9:08 PM by chryso
When they made the change to TWF they never said they were also making that change to static tempest if that is what you are asking.
Wed 8 Jan 2020 8:41 AM by Sepplord
"it's always been like that" is not an argument imo, it's more a sign that there are no real arguments and it's a last ditch effort to dig in your heels
Loads of really bad stuff "had always been like that" up until someone fought to get it changed

chryso wrote: There is probably just one immunity timer for stun. I would suspect that adding multiple immunity timers for the same effect could be difficult and require a lot of coding.

It could very well be really hard to code differently, i cannot gauge that as i have no idea how it is coded now and how to change it at all. But, static is already something different to stuns. The must already be different triggers/mechanics because normal stuns wouldn't ignore and reset immunity timers. It must either be a completele different effect already, which just does the same as a stun would, but also purges immunities, or there are immunity-purges coded to remove all stun immunities from targets before the stun, and when the stun runs out. Or something completely different. But there must already be different timers/triggers/somethings otherwise static would not ignore and remove stunimmunities
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics