30 minute return visit to Hibernia (my former favorite realm and now I'm gone

Started 30 Dec 2019
by Shadanwolf
in Ask the Team
I left Hib-land because of the Animist class decapitation. I have not been happy in Midguard so stopped by to Hib-land to see if my understanding of the drastic nerf to shroom casting range was actually true. Found it was, and promptly left. Frankly I'm finding it increasingly difficult to give myself a reason to play THIS game. I have played DAOC on/off since original game was in beta. Looks like time to take a l-o -n -g step away. A step I am sad to take....but this game has moved far away from the game I loved to play.
Mon 30 Dec 2019 1:03 AM by Sindralor
placing shrooms in safety range shouldnt be your main driving force to play this game, theres many fun and interactive classes to play, not sure why you choose the Animist as its one of the most boring ones except if you smallman or 8v8 on it
Mon 30 Dec 2019 2:26 AM by Patron
Yes the Ani nerf in siege warfare is hard to get, but can i have your stuff?
There are other great games, i can fully understand you.

Ciao
Mon 30 Dec 2019 4:48 AM by Azrael
oh no! to all devs, plz revert animist changes before shadanwolf quits the game. !!111
Mon 30 Dec 2019 10:17 AM by Killaloth
I'm playing a solo chanter and I'm having a blast. I thought I would be raped by sneaks all day long but lurikeens are little sneaky rascals and most of time it's me spotting sneaks in combat

Just change class and try something else, if it's safety and easy wins you're after you can roll a bd or sm. A well played solo animist can be fun too but it really depends on what u are looking for from this game.
Mon 30 Dec 2019 6:56 PM by inoeth
Killaloth wrote:
Mon 30 Dec 2019 10:17 AM
I'm playing a solo chanter and I'm having a blast. I thought I would be raped by sneaks all day long but lurikeens are little sneaky rascals and most of time it's me spotting sneaks in combat

Just change class and try something else, if it's safety and easy wins you're after you can roll a bd or sm. A well played solo animist can be fun too but it really depends on what u are looking for from this game.

just leave, we dont need another addnoob
Mon 30 Dec 2019 7:11 PM by Killaloth
inoeth wrote:
Mon 30 Dec 2019 6:56 PM
Killaloth wrote:

U see? Lil lurikeens can get bad Horg hunters salty too, there is still lots to do on this server, come back!
Mon 30 Dec 2019 8:44 PM by inoeth
Killaloth wrote:
Mon 30 Dec 2019 7:11 PM
inoeth wrote:
Killaloth wrote:

U see? Lil lurikeens can get bad Horg hunters salty too, there is still lots to do on this server, come back!

why would i be salty? your stupid rr11 bm is easy rp every time lol
and so are all your other toons
Mon 30 Dec 2019 9:21 PM by Shadanwolf
Sindralor wrote:
Mon 30 Dec 2019 1:03 AM
placing shrooms in safety range shouldnt be your main driving force to play this game, theres many fun and interactive classes to play, not sure why you choose the Animist as its one of the most boring ones except if you smallman or 8v8 on it

Have you watched any of the pet classes play in a keep ! ? Pet owner gets attacked while hiding ...pet runs through door of Keep...runs up stairs and attacks. Now if you are a caster this is a real problem. Shroooms can't do that.
Do shrooms run through doors ??? NO I don't know of another pet class whose pet cannot run through doors and into the farthest reaches of a keep and attack. Heck...BD's send multiple pets with one healing the other to multiply their effectiveness. Sending pets through doors is standard tactics in this game. Shroomers cant do that.
Can the pet class player hide and get minor damage in a keep fight an unleash a pet....YES. Not an animist. They have to guess where the fight will be. and replace the pet every 2 minutes.
Do any other classes have to expose themselves to place a pet ? NO.
Do other pet classes have a limited range. NO ! they run to their target. They have no range restriction...just a life time limit.
Do other pet classes have to expose themselves in a keep fight to get a desired placement ? NO!
Shrromers are static choke point defensive class. NOW Phoenix has said they are an everyday caster with a pet that must be near the caster to place it. Unlike other classes...they are restricted on the number of pets in a given area.
Mon 30 Dec 2019 9:30 PM by Riac
this is rofl af. an animist complaining about his lack of power in a siege situation.

does the animist shroom stack die after he does ? NO, no other pet classes do that lol.
Mon 30 Dec 2019 9:31 PM by Shadanwolf
Killaloth wrote:

You seem to have little experience in keep fighting with pets. Hiding .waiting for a little splash damage to release the pet is standard tactics. A quick peek to see an enemy and release the pet is all it takes. Killing enemy without ever seeing them is SOP. It is what many pet class players do. They have pets that run down players..shroomers rely on placement with a static pet. NOW...... that placement requires exposure of the caster due to the casting range limit in THIS GAME(every 2 minutes). Heck in regular DAOC shrooms are mobile...not here.
Mon 30 Dec 2019 9:36 PM by Shadanwolf
I played everyday in beta of this game to see if I would like it...and help the devs. Then the game goes live and the devs change the very essence of a choke point defender.THAT does not leave a good taste in your mouth. I get it..changes are part of any game. Changes to the very nature of a class is a very serious decision ,and I saw little consultation of the player base.
Mon 30 Dec 2019 9:56 PM by Riac
animists clogging up docks and bridges with pets is pure aids. no one likes it. on top of that, the stack doesnt die when you kill the caster? what sort of bullshit is that? so, yes they should have weaknesses. tbh i dont know how anything other than a stealther kills you once youve established your shrooms in the bridge corners, i guess a ranged could do it, but generally they tuck away in the corners to avoid los. i like to think everyone just avoids them and says have fun wasting your time.

lets not forget the massive aids that tanglers were in old frontiers on this server. thank god they did something to reel in this ridiculous class. now if they could only make it so necro pets arent flat out unkillable by melees.
Mon 30 Dec 2019 11:20 PM by Killaloth
inoeth wrote:
Mon 30 Dec 2019 8:44 PM
Killaloth wrote:
inoeth wrote:

My friend, I understand your desire to shine but you are OT, people are not interested in low quality childish conversations. Improve your dialectic or make it funny/entertaining and I'll follow you.

You can continue to use private messages to complain when the sexy BM (now solo spec :> adds your fights after you misbehave on the other lil killatoons.

@Shadanwolf - re anis, it's undeniable that they got nerfed a lot in keep fights but if keep fights are what you like most then a chanter, mentalist or eld are perhaps more effective? You can get to rr6 in a couple of weeks with a new toon, if you are super unhappy about animists then reroll, it's always better than quitting
Tue 31 Dec 2019 3:34 AM by Azrael
Shadanwolf wrote:
Mon 30 Dec 2019 9:36 PM
I played everyday in beta of this game to see if I would like it...

mh perhaps

Shadanwolf wrote:
Mon 30 Dec 2019 9:36 PM
and help the devs.
don't believe you.

Dunno what I could say if you try to compare shrooms with "regular" pets..
Dunno what I could say if you can't handle pets during a siege fight...
Tue 31 Dec 2019 11:02 AM by Enyore
Shadanwolf wrote:
Mon 30 Dec 2019 12:54 AM
I left Hib-land because of the Animist class decapitation. I have not been happy in Midguard so stopped by to Hib-land to see if my understanding of the drastic nerf to shroom casting range was actually true. Found it was, and promptly left. Frankly I'm finding it increasingly difficult to give myself a reason to play THIS game. I have played DAOC on/off since original game was in beta. Looks like time to take a l-o -n -g step away. A step I am sad to take....but this game has moved far away from the game I loved to play.

And you had to make a childish scene about it on the forums?

Would recommend the suggestions forum and maybe change it to a more constructive tone if you are to catch the eye of the devs.
As a hib player myself i'd say the animist is still a strong class and I found the shroom nerf to be a good and balanced change.

Its not the no-brain "lets-drop-a-shroom-stack-in-a-keep" class anymore, and it does sound like that was your thing, but it's still a nice and viable class if played skillfully.
Tue 31 Dec 2019 5:52 PM by inoeth
Killaloth wrote:
Mon 30 Dec 2019 11:20 PM
inoeth wrote:
Killaloth wrote:

My friend, I understand your desire to shine but you are OT, people are not interested in low quality childish conversations. Improve your dialectic or make it funny/entertaining and I'll follow you.

You can continue to use private messages to complain when the sexy BM (now solo spec :> adds your fights after you misbehave on the other lil killatoons.

@Shadanwolf - re anis, it's undeniable that they got nerfed a lot in keep fights but if keep fights are what you like most then a chanter, mentalist or eld are perhaps more effective? You can get to rr6 in a couple of weeks with a new toon, if you are super unhappy about animists then reroll, it's always better than quitting

lol you are not "grp speced" you have ip and you are rr11... normalle you would 3 hit stealther but you are just gimp. face it noob
Tue 31 Dec 2019 10:55 PM by Shadanwolf
inoeth wrote:
Tue 31 Dec 2019 5:52 PM
Killaloth wrote:
Mon 30 Dec 2019 11:20 PM
inoeth wrote:

lol you are not "grp speced" you have ip and you are rr11... normalle you would 3 hit stealther but you are just gimp. face it noob
Animists are made to control choke points.THAT is what they do. (exposing oneself to place a 2 minute timed pet says the devs don't want you to play this class .I have played an animist ever since regular DAOC went live . THAT and a ranger is what I play. FRANKLY the larger issue is trusting the devs going forward. I played in Phoenix beta just to see what the game would be. I expected any changes of this magnitude would be done to animists before Phoenix live. I have tried other realms and far far far too many characters( I have 10 mid characters trying to force myself to find a substitute. No luck. Posting here was my last effort to hope a dev might rethink their decision. NOW...i'm looking elsewhere for a new home. I don't expect any adjustment..but heck who knows.
Tue 31 Dec 2019 11:08 PM by Shadanwolf
Enyore wrote:
Tue 31 Dec 2019 11:02 AM
Shadanwolf wrote:
Mon 30 Dec 2019 12:54 AM

And you had to make a childish scene about it on the forums?

Would recommend the suggestions forum and maybe change it to a more constructive tone if you are to catch the eye of the devs.
As a hib player myself i'd say the animist is still a strong class and I found the shroom nerf to be a good and balanced change.

Its not the no-brain "lets-drop-a-shroom-stack-in-a-keep" class anymore, and it does sound like that was your thing, but it's still a nice and viable class if played skillfully.

I cannot think of a pet class in this game where the pet is static and cannot move. Hell...players use pets to run through doors up stairs etc to kill. BD's send multiple pets(with no timers). Yet its too much to have animists place static 2 minute pets that players can simply move away from. TO ME....that says my play style is not desired. The devs have sent me a message...my play style is not wanted. I'm upset obviously but perhaps this is a blessing in disguise signaling a time for for a new beginning without the unhappy feelings I have every time I think of THIS game. That...I don't need. That...I won't accept.
Tue 31 Dec 2019 11:27 PM by Wolfir666
Shadanwolf wrote:
Tue 31 Dec 2019 11:08 PM
BD's send multiple pets(with no timers).

And then have to recast them all, as soon as the Commander is dead.
If Commander had a bow like on Live, that would be way different, so stop crying please about Animists, we all know how weak and harmless shrooms are by now *coughs*
Apart from that, having 10 Mid-Characters isn't something i would call "far far far too many characters". Obviously you have to realise, that most people on Phoenix play at least 2, if not all 3 realms, and not just with having ~10 Characters only.

And in all honesty, do you really think, it is in any way needed, to start an own thread just to tell everybody why you are leaving the game?
It's not the first one, and it will not be the last one.
As long as the majority of players is happy with DAoC Phoenix - and the amount of players (especially compared to other DAoC-Servers, Live or Freeshards) speaks for that - there really is no need to put up an own "i'm unhappy, so i will leave"-Thread.

Edit:
Apart from that, after Threads like the following, i really wouldn't have thought, that you were in Phoenix since the beta... you were hiding that well:
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11825
Wed 1 Jan 2020 1:23 AM by Azrael
Wolfir666 wrote:
Tue 31 Dec 2019 11:27 PM
Shadanwolf wrote:
Tue 31 Dec 2019 11:08 PM
BD's send multiple pets(with no timers).

Edit:
Apart from that, after Threads like the following, i really wouldn't have thought, that you were in Phoenix since the beta... you were hiding that well:
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11825

Yes, this (in general) and his responses even to ppl who "help" him (show some alternatives) shows that you can't take him seriously.
Wed 1 Jan 2020 2:12 AM by Vkejai
I must agree with the OP , the shroom at keep range is tragic , really needs to be addressed. I agree placing shrooms on keep roof etc shouldn't be allowed but the range you can cast shrooms on at least ground level should be reverted.

You can have a GT aoe spell hit thro to the lords room or anywhere with no LoS , but you cant cast your shrooms more than 300 away from you while at keep ....
Thu 2 Jan 2020 5:20 PM by Killaloth
Again if keep fights are your thing then anis are nerfed. But if you like to roam in smallman then anis can be lots of fun, I'll share again a lil fun video with vw-animist in action, hope you reconsider your opinion on animists!

https://youtu.be/vVCS9whpalc
Thu 2 Jan 2020 11:32 PM by Isavyr
What is being asked to the team in this post? Seems like wrong forum.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics