Clarification about RvR loot (Snow/Branch/Soil)..

Started 7 Nov 2019
by Runental
in Ask the Team
Tested a bit today.

The current situatins happend between 2 participation ticks (30 minutes).

Situation 1:
I gave 20k Snow, 5k Soil and 5k branch to the dock merchant. 30k in total. I did not kill any enemy, nor a guard nor did any1 kill me or any other participation in RvR.

Reward: Participation: 406 RP+ 20 Bountypoints. Additional 30 RP for owning more than 7 keeps. EFFORTS: 7 RP

Situation 2:
I gave 0 Snow, 0 Soil and 0 branch to the dock merchant. Zero in total. I did not kill any enemy, nor a guard nor did any1 kill me or any other participation in RvR [BUT] killed a few stacks of Chillsomes and gathered about 4,8 Snow. Again: i did not give any loot to the merchant:

Reward: Participation 405 RP + 20 Bountypoints. Additional 30 RP for owningmore than 7 Keeps. EFFORTS: 1 RP

So if any1 can explain me whats that all about? xD It dosnt matter you'll give up those loot, appart from leveling grps for the xp boost. As a pure RvR reward ist totally useless. Back in the days, the exchange increased atleast the RP Pool when we still played OF, but now it does just nothing.

greetz
Thu 7 Nov 2019 6:34 AM by Freedomcall
Runental wrote:
Thu 7 Nov 2019 5:28 AM
Tested a bit today.

The current situatins happend between 2 participation ticks (30 minutes).

Situation 1:
I gave 20k Snow, 5k Soil and 5k branch to the dock merchant. 30k in total. I did not kill any enemy, nor a guard nor did any1 kill me or any other participation in RvR.

Reward: Participation: 406 RP+ 20 Bountypoints. Additional 30 RP for owning more than 7 keeps. EFFORTS: 7 RP

Situation 2:
I gave 0 Snow, 0 Soil and 0 branch to the dock merchant. Zero in total. I did not kill any enemy, nor a guard nor did any1 kill me or any other participation in RvR [BUT] killed a few stacks of Chillsomes and gathered about 4,8 Snow. Again: i did not give any loot to the merchant:

Reward: Participation 405 RP + 20 Bountypoints. Additional 30 RP for owningmore than 7 Keeps. EFFORTS: 1 RP

So if any1 can explain me whats that all about? xD It dosnt matter you'll give up those loot, appart from leveling grps for the xp boost. As a pure RvR reward ist totally useless. Back in the days, the exchange increased atleast the RP Pool when we still played OF, but now it does just nothing.

greetz

How did you get task credit only by killing mob?
Thu 7 Nov 2019 7:42 AM by Sepplord
what were the respective RP-Pools for those "payouts" ?
1RP is obviously the minimum you get, so second test doesn't show much.

the problem with decent rewards for snow/branches/soil is that they drop so heavily in PvE.
I have heard people claim every branch gives 0,1RP (which is clearly false) but if that was correct it would be insane. People would be farming mobs for branches instead of empty keeps then.

It is mainly a levelling tool since they made away with the port unlocking "feature" of the old tasksystem. Imo they should just stop dropping from RvR, even if they can be nice for a fast task-tag there really is no important function (or i am unaware of it) for level 50s
Thu 7 Nov 2019 8:51 AM by gruenesschaf
Turn in participation reward is very low and aside from the xp the purpose would be to get tracked in the current task at all, it might be a good idea to make them no longer drop for level 50 chars.

In the second case it sounds like you walked through the keep task target keep, existing there also enlists you in the task.
Thu 7 Nov 2019 9:06 AM by carlwinslow
Can you guys drop the task requirement from 35+ ? maybe down to 20? leveling new characters is the worst, nobody to grp with!
Thu 7 Nov 2019 11:13 AM by Runental
In the first case, the RP pool was around 60-65k..
In the second case almost the same..

Agree Schaf,- i mean i dont care- heavily pve drop <--> RP rewards should not be an option.. but in the current state its useless anyway and can be removed for lv. 50 Players cause the onyl thing it does, it uses space in your inventory should stay for lv. 1-49 ofc .
Thu 7 Nov 2019 2:23 PM by Draginclaw
Make them account bound or make them exchange for XP items at merchant so we can level our lowbie toons a bit easier.
Fri 8 Nov 2019 10:56 AM by Lillebror
Draginclaw wrote:
Thu 7 Nov 2019 2:23 PM
Make them account bound or make them exchange for XP items at merchant so we can level our lowbie toons a bit easier.

Good luck as a new player to find someone to team with then
Fri 8 Nov 2019 11:08 AM by Sepplord
Lillebror wrote:
Fri 8 Nov 2019 10:56 AM
Draginclaw wrote:

XP-items not being limited anymore will already enable people to "buy a lvl50"...
But look at the flipside, it also opens up the option for lowies to make good coin by selling the lvl1-35 items to the old players
Fri 8 Nov 2019 11:57 AM by Lillebror
Already meet many animists that got animists in many level ranges with exp off and farming items.
Fri 8 Nov 2019 4:44 PM by Draginclaw
Lillebror wrote:
Fri 8 Nov 2019 10:56 AM
Draginclaw wrote:

From my experience, guildies just power level each other anyways. Just reduce the amount that drop for 50's or XP they give so they don't give a lot but it's at least something for your rvr efforts.

How many new players are coming to the game anyways these days?
Sat 9 Nov 2019 7:11 AM by Lillebror
Ppl reroll realms too
Sat 9 Nov 2019 7:22 AM by Freedomcall
carlwinslow wrote:
Thu 7 Nov 2019 9:06 AM
Can you guys drop the task requirement from 35+ ? maybe down to 20? leveling new characters is the worst, nobody to grp with!

There was a time when task requirement lvl didn't exist .
Even lvl1 could get task credit and reward tick.
But there were some players crying over "grays" adding to their fight, interrupting etc, cuz litterally all the low lvl greys were running everywhere in fz for suicide.
So devs changed it to 35+ for task credit lvl.

I used to be like 2L5 already with my lvl30ish char back then and RAs like MoP, MoB or MCL2 really helped for fast lvling.
But that just became history.

TLDR : Lowering task requirement will never happen.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics