Str/con proc nerf.

Started 24 Oct 2019
by Mavella
in Ask the Team
Since this is a nerf to SBs almost exclusively are you guys going to finally sack up and adjust the broken sin armor tables? I know it takes 6+ months to hem and haw over but waking up to a totally abrupt nerf like this means I have to say something.

It's kind of comical that the sin that makes out the best with these damage tables will get to continue to stack 20-30% ASR on top of 56dex/qui debuff neutering incoming dps on them while they lower their enemies passive defense rates. The stacking debuffs is what let most sb's remain competive in a dps race and you just took it away. Why?
Thu 24 Oct 2019 4:59 PM by inoeth
or remove d/q debuffs aswell? since they are far more powerfull in addition to asr than additional str/con debuffs
Fri 25 Oct 2019 6:10 AM by Sepplord
I assume this is only mentioned in the ingame servernews? Can't find anything about it here or in discord.

Could anyone post the specifics? It sounds as if Str/Con debuffs were nerfed across the board? Does the sword still have one, just a weaker one? Was it replaced by a different procc? What exactly are we talking about? (sorry, can't log in to check serverinfo or the items myself)
Fri 25 Oct 2019 6:15 AM by inoeth
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 6:10 AM
I assume this is only mentioned in the ingame servernews? Can't find anything about it here or in discord.

Could anyone post the specifics? It sounds as if Str/Con debuffs were nerfed across the board? Does the sword still have one, just a weaker one? Was it replaced by a different procc? What exactly are we talking about? (sorry, can't log in to check serverinfo or the items myself)

dont you get ingame news?

-the constitution debuff portion of spec debuffs (e.g. str/con, wskill/con) no longer stacks, the higher of the two is used

source:
https://playphoenix.online/
Fri 25 Oct 2019 6:21 AM by Sepplord
inoeth wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 6:15 AM
Sepplord wrote:

-the constitution debuff portion of spec debuffs (e.g. str/con, wskill/con) no longer stacks, the higher of the two is used

source:

oh....on the frontpage of the site /facepalm
thanks

So that really seems like a specific SB-nerf.... Would be nice to hear some reasoning. So far i could understand the intention behind most changes, even if i disliked them. This seems uneeded and unreasonable. Best case is that SBs are now forced into axe specline, requiring retemplating for many. I feel sorry for the people currently playing SB actively...
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:08 AM by Mavella
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 6:21 AM
inoeth wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

source:

thanks

So that really seems like a specific SB-nerf.... Would be nice to hear some reasoning. So far i could understand the intention behind most changes, even if i disliked them. This seems uneeded and unreasonable. Best case is that SBs are now forced into axe specline, requiring retemplating for many. I feel sorry for the people currently playing SB actively...

I already respecced. There's literally no feather sword with a proc worth using now. 56str debuff isn't worth using on its own. Tuscar sword LT is weaker than ROGs and I guess there's an end drain proc but that's a joke.

Guess I shoulda rolled a Nightshade.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:33 AM by inoeth
Mavella wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:08 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 6:21 AM
inoeth wrote:

source:

thanks

I already respecced. There's literally no feather sword with a proc worth using now. 56str debuff isn't worth using on its own. Tuscar sword LT is weaker than ROGs and I guess there's an end drain proc but that's a joke.

Guess I shoulda rolled a Nightshade.

yeah NS is absolute king, literally the whole times but now even more
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:40 AM by Freedomcall
This is actually a nerf for SB and slash infils cuz there is also s/c debuff weapon on slash line.

I still think s/c debuff is worth using thou.
We can benefit from constitution debuff portion when it procs at first or second hit(and that is the reason why we use w/c debuff poison on first hit).
Or when ppl don't purge before they use heal pot/IP.

str debuff is still valuable to decrease enemy dmg.
While i think this nerf is a bit disappointing, I don't think respeccing to axe will be better.
Gonna need some testings thou

Anway yup this is quite beneficial update for NS in stealth wars.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:45 AM by BashPi
yeah, come all to hib. ill help you and then you can feel the real pain of a low rr ns.

win-rate against sb rr7+? i would say 5-10%. That was before the debuff nerf. (and only people who know how to play)
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:50 AM by Freedomcall
BashPi wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:45 AM
yeah, come all to hib. ill help you and then you can feel the real pain of a low rr ns.

win-rate against sb rr7+? i would say 5-10%. That was before the debuff nerf. (and only people who know how to play)

low rr vs rr7+ is always difficult. Why in the world would they play SB if they can't even beat low rr ns?
While I don't agrees to SBs whining that NS is too strong(before the update^^), your post is too exaggerated.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:01 AM by Kampfar
Ppl cant read. The con Part of those 2 debuffs no longer stack.
And if it would not stack total it would be a boost for sb because they would get lese str/ws debuff
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:02 AM by BashPi
Freedomcall wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 7:50 AM
BashPi wrote:

low rr vs rr7+ is always difficult. Why in the world would they play SB if they can't even beat low rr ns?
While I don't agrees to SBs whining that NS is too strong(before the update^^), your post is too exaggerated.

it's not about "they can't even beat a low rr ns"...the low rr ns has no(!) chance against them. it is a 100% win when they know what they do.
i needed rr5 to get my first kill against sigkill (rr7).
never won against mavella, naas or dandere yet. think i need to wait for rr7+ ..and that somethings annoys me
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:24 AM by Mavella
BashPi wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:02 AM
Freedomcall wrote:
BashPi wrote:

it's not about "they can't even beat a low rr ns"...the low rr ns has no(!) chance against them. it is a 100% win when they know what they do.
never won against mavella, naas or dandere yet. think i need to wait for rr7+ ..and that somethings annoys me

This is the nature of sin scaling in general. RR bonus allows sins to scale harder than any other archetype in the game. We also have no actives besides purge and Vanish so sins are decked out in more passives than any other archetype generally.

Outside of a major RNG anomoloy a high RR sin has such a stacked passive advantage its almost impossible to overcome. Generally the best chance is landing a stun when their purge is down and capitalizing on it. Stuns in sin fights of course are extremely risky. Might as well as gamble on a fight that's already stacked against you.

I also took my beatings from higher RR sins for many month while ranking up. As an example I fought Shurtugal many times and the first time I EVER beat him was when we were both RR10. I had /rel maaaaaany times before then.

Either way NS now has the best armor resist table for sin fights and easily the best proc. The con portion of the str/con debuff stack was really only super-effective if it went off the first 1-3 swings which was pretty rare anyway.

This just honestly didn't feel like a necessary change.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:36 AM by Freedomcall
BashPi wrote:
Freedomcall wrote:
BashPi wrote:

You must be doing smthing wrong then.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:38 AM by BashPi
Freedomcall wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:36 AM
BashPi wrote:
Freedomcall wrote:

no.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:38 AM by Sepplord
BashPi wrote:
Freedomcall wrote:
BashPi wrote:

have you looked into the opposite example?
ofcourse when you go against one of the good SBs, you will probably lose if your RR is significantly lower. They are stacked with passives while you aren't, and that's assuming you are just as good and not worse.

It's quite showing that you think you should have a decent chance when fighting someone who has 20-40 more RR-points to spend than you. Guess that's the attitude you get when everything else is already stacked in your favor
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:39 AM by Sepplord
BashPi wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:38 AM
Freedomcall wrote:
BashPi wrote:

no.

Everyone does mistakes, thinking you are completely free of failure does not help your case...it just makes you look like a moron
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:42 AM by BashPi
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:39 AM
BashPi wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:38 AM
Freedomcall wrote:

no.

Everyone does mistakes, thinking you are completely free of failure does not help your case...it just makes you look like a moron

"read what you want to read"

i make mistakes of course. but generelly i know what to do. there is a difference.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 1:08 PM by Lillebror
Is the Alb Agidad offhand proc also nerfed?
Fri 25 Oct 2019 1:12 PM by inoeth
Lillebror wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 1:08 PM
Is the Alb Agidad offhand proc also nerfed?

if that has a str/con debuff then yes
Fri 25 Oct 2019 1:45 PM by Campjr
BashPi wrote:
Freedomcall wrote:
BashPi wrote:

Can you please stop talking. You are making the good NS look bad.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 1:59 PM by inoeth
Campjr wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 1:45 PM
BashPi wrote:
Freedomcall wrote:

lol that comment from YOU omg
Fri 25 Oct 2019 2:11 PM by Campjr
inoeth wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 1:59 PM
Campjr wrote:
BashPi wrote:

who the f are you lol

I know where I stand in sin wars my friend. Im guessing youre just another nobody.

I feel like I remember you talking about playing a hunter and there isnt one good respectable hunter on the server so there's that...
Fri 25 Oct 2019 2:22 PM by inoeth
Campjr wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 2:11 PM
inoeth wrote:
Campjr wrote:

who the f are you lol

I know where I stand in sin wars my friend. Im guessing youre just another nobody.

big words for someone that constantly adds lol
Fri 25 Oct 2019 2:23 PM by Campjr
inoeth wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 2:22 PM
Campjr wrote:
inoeth wrote:

who the f are you lol

big words for someone that constantly adds lol

rofl you clearly have me mixed up guy. Go check my stats kiddo

are you going to expose what your toons name is or what?
Fri 25 Oct 2019 4:47 PM by Campjr
inoeth wrote:
Campjr wrote:
BashPi wrote:

Horg is that you?! Rofl you’ve never ever beat me one time and for you to talk about adding... comical bud. You started adding me to start that battle bud.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 5:41 PM by Kampfar
Aint the good stealther bad stealther thread somewhere else?
Fri 25 Oct 2019 5:56 PM by Riac
i didnt even know this happened, this is fucked up.
Sat 26 Oct 2019 7:18 AM by iamsaitam
I see a lot of tunnel vision around here.. Everyone is just weighing this change against NSs.. I guess that's the only thing everyone here ever fought. Oh wait.. now you actually need to worry about tanks? Oh what a bummer.
Sat 26 Oct 2019 9:39 AM by Mavella
iamsaitam wrote: I see a lot of tunnel vision around here.. Everyone is just weighing this change against NSs.. I guess that's the only thing everyone here ever fought. Oh wait.. now you actually need to worry about tanks? Oh what a bummer.

Are you joking?

Tank vs sin fights are determined by cooldown availability and not this proc and how it stacked. Solo spec and play your tank with a brain and you should throttle most assassins unless they massively outrank you. Here's a hot tip, as a BM you get to abuse the same ASR+D/Q debuff stack that NS do.

If this is your input in this thread I can't imagine this change is going to alter your experience fighting sins because you're clearly doing something wrong.

Thanks for chiming in though.
Sat 26 Oct 2019 1:56 PM by iamsaitam
Mavella wrote:
Sat 26 Oct 2019 9:39 AM
iamsaitam wrote: I see a lot of tunnel vision around here.. Everyone is just weighing this change against NSs.. I guess that's the only thing everyone here ever fought. Oh wait.. now you actually need to worry about tanks? Oh what a bummer.

Are you joking?

Tank vs sin fights are determined by cooldown availability and not this proc and how it stacked. Solo spec and play your tank with a brain and you should throttle most assassins unless they massively outrank you. Here's a hot tip, as a BM you get to abuse the same ASR+D/Q debuff stack that NS do.

If this is your input in this thread I can't imagine this change is going to alter your experience fighting sins because you're clearly doing something wrong.

Yes, guess I've been playing my tank without a brain. You're still in the tunnel hun..
Sat 26 Oct 2019 3:15 PM by inoeth
iamsaitam wrote:
Sat 26 Oct 2019 1:56 PM
Mavella wrote:

Are you joking?

Yes, guess I've been playing my tank without a brain. You're still in the tunnel hun..

rr4 BM 11 solo kills, looks like you have alot of experience lol
Sat 26 Oct 2019 6:10 PM by Mavella
Yes the "I'm a tank therefore a should beat all in melee without any effort" mentality. Maybe if we're all stuck at level 50 with no RAs that might very well be the case. Unfortunately RR and RA selection are easily the most important part of character development if you want to win 1v1 fights.

It's not sins fault most tanks want to develop their RAs for group play and dps/utility rather than solo play. If you specced your tank entirely to solo you'd find they are more than capable of standing toe to toe with any sin. Sins I might add that have to spec purely to solo because they are unwanted in groups(!).

Unfortunately that's a hard pill to swallow as the solo visi life is too hard for most. Myself included.

This all of course has nothing to do this this proc nerf and it does very much relate inf/ns/sb power parity. Devs have already stated there is a noticble power/win difference in bladeshade vs SB match ups and this nerf is only going to exacerbate that problem.

The other issue is this nerf also removes the only worthwhile proc sword sb's had available. There is literally no reason to not spec Axe now. Better baseline styles and better procs availability.

It's an unwarranted change with no compensation. I don't expect a response as usual but I will be vocal about it.
Sat 26 Oct 2019 9:06 PM by gruenesschaf
The con portion stacking was an oversight / bug, on live the con portion of the ws/con debuff doesn't stack with either str/con or dex/con debuffs.
Sat 26 Oct 2019 10:58 PM by iamsaitam
inoeth wrote:
Sat 26 Oct 2019 3:15 PM
iamsaitam wrote:
Mavella wrote:
Are you joking?

Yes, I'm a noob. Sorry if I don't have 1000 hours of camping bridges and docks to have an informed opinion about this.
Sat 26 Oct 2019 11:14 PM by Sindralor
iamsaitam wrote:
Sat 26 Oct 2019 10:58 PM
Yes, I'm a noob. Sorry if I don't have 1000 hours of camping bridges and docks to have an informed opinion about this.

That's highly offensive. Sometimes we are in the water right next to a bridge or a dock.
Sun 27 Oct 2019 12:32 AM by Riac
iamsaitam wrote:
Sat 26 Oct 2019 10:58 PM
inoeth wrote:
Sat 26 Oct 2019 3:15 PM
iamsaitam wrote:

good thing that didnt stop you from saying dumb shit.
Sun 27 Oct 2019 12:38 AM by Mavella
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 26 Oct 2019 9:06 PM
The con portion stacking was an oversight / bug, on live the con portion of the ws/con debuff doesn't stack with either str/con or dex/con debuffs.

Well given your self admitted power difference caused by these stupid armor tables forgive me for assuming this might have been an actual design decision. There's a reason 90% of sb's are sword and this proc was it. It allowed us to cut some incoming damage and on extremely rare occasions (proc goes off on the first two hits) offer some offesive potential. This con debuff stacking behavior is inconsequential 95% of the time.

But I guess NS will get to continue having the best armor situation and the best 1v1 proc in the game. That's that status quo that really needed maintaining. Thanks for the response.
Sun 27 Oct 2019 1:47 AM by gotwqqd
Mavella wrote:
Sun 27 Oct 2019 12:38 AM
gruenesschaf wrote:

Well given your self admitted power difference caused by these stupid armor tables forgive me for assuming this might have been an actual design decision. There's a reason 90% of sb's are sword and this proc was it. It allowed us to cut some incoming damage and on extremely rare occasions (proc goes off on the first two hits) offer some offesive potential. This con debuff stacking behavior is inconsequential 95% of the time.

But I guess NS will get to continue having the best armor situation and the best 1v1 proc in the game. That's that status quo that really needed maintaining. Thanks for the response.
Why do one realms assassins think they need be “equal” to the others?
It’s not much different than ALL assassins have a big advantage over ALMOST all casters.
Sun 27 Oct 2019 1:54 AM by Riac
gotwqqd wrote:
Sun 27 Oct 2019 1:47 AM
Mavella wrote:
gruenesschaf wrote:

It’s not much different than ALL assassins have a big advantage over ALMOST all casters.

stupid post lol. ideally as a sin you are fighting other sins. if one is straight up better than the other its a problem.... what if one of the realms was just straight up better than the other realm?
Sun 27 Oct 2019 2:30 AM by Mavella
gotwqqd wrote:
Mavella wrote:
gruenesschaf wrote:

So one sin class should have a major armor advantage vs one if not both enemy counterparts AND all caster classes.

Sound logic.
Sun 27 Oct 2019 7:14 AM by inoeth
gotwqqd wrote:
Mavella wrote:
gruenesschaf wrote:

the point here is that with ws/con , d/q and asr debuffs the NS is almost as nasty as a champion, but with stealth an pa and stuff... plus armor resist tables being in its favor. all in all it makes the NS extremely powerfull.

btw you can not really compare several different archetypes, if you take a look at all the casters they are pretty equal dmg and utility wise. if you take a look at assassins they are not. and its not about making them all equal but if one is so much stronger than the others it needs to be balanced.
and this balance should be the removal/change of armor types or get rid of this insane d/q debuff.
Sun 27 Oct 2019 7:27 AM by Cadebrennus
Mavella wrote:
Sun 27 Oct 2019 2:30 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Mavella wrote:

So one sin class should have a major armor advantage vs one if not both enemy counterparts AND all caster classes.

Sound logic.

And yet you ALWAYS fail to mention the major lack of a primary stat (strength) that they need to have a true damage advantage over the other realms. They are literally 30 stat points behind Mid.
Sun 27 Oct 2019 7:39 AM by Mavella
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sun 27 Oct 2019 7:27 AM
Mavella wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:

Sound logic.

And yet you ALWAYS fail to mention the major lack of a primary stat (strength) that they need to have a true damage advantage over the other realms. They are literally 30 stat points behind Mid.

Except they get extra quickness and therefore attack speed. I know you fail to understand but DAMAGE PER SECOND is influenced by more than damage stat. We're not playing in an environment where almost all races can relatively easily cap quickness. The lack of strength is therefore made up by the increased quickness. Is it 100% even trade? Most likely not but they get 20% armor resist advantage which blows this str vs quickness issue completely out of the water.

Explaining this every thread gets tiresome. GET LOST.
Sun 27 Oct 2019 4:37 PM by inoeth
Mavella wrote:
Sun 27 Oct 2019 7:39 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mavella wrote:

Sound logic.

Except they get extra quickness and therefore attack speed. I know you fail to understand but DAMAGE PER SECOND is influenced by more than damage stat. We're not playing in an environment where almost all races can relatively easily cap quickness. The lack of strength is therefore made up by the increased quickness. Is it 100% even trade? Most likely not but they get 20% armor resist advantage which blows this str vs quickness issue completely out of the water.

the thinks he owns the knowledge, while still not getting basic mechanics in daoc... everyone knows that except himself ;D time to ignore him... dont feed the troll
Sun 27 Oct 2019 8:58 PM by Sepplord
gruenesschaf wrote:

I understand that wrongly implemented things should get fixed...but if the fix screws over balance (or like in this case skews already skewed balance) it would make sense to fix it and have a balance change to offset the shift in strength.

It's not like you haven't done custome changes and are sticking to a true classic blaance patch. If suddenly someone would notice that theres a ridicolous bug and friar was doing half as much damage as he should. Would you simply "fix" that, and then leave all other custom buffs in place leaving him far too strong? I am sure you wouldn't.

So what is that explanation actually meaning? Does it mean:
"It was abugfix to balance the proc, the general influence on the strength of effected classes will be compensated for in one of the next hotfixes"
or is it more like an
"It was a bugfix. That's how the proc is supposed to behave. Don't expect anything else in the near future, get over it and redo your templates" ?
Mon 28 Oct 2019 9:05 AM by Lux.Thoras
From Patchnotes i could see: The ws/con debuff doesn't stack with either str/con or dex/con debuffs.

Questions from my side to understand:
So if all Assassins can´t use them, what is the difference in the balance as before while it could be used ?
I would expect that Thrust users are now not debuffed by dex/qui proc and Str users are now not debuffed by Str/Kon. All are debuffed by weaponskill/con only, right ?

If a Nightshade debuffs a Shadowblade and the SB also the NS then it is not different as before or ?
I do not understand the Problem of the change, because i do not play a Assassin. Possibly someone can explain it to me.
Because until now i could only read that Str/con proc is nerfed, but what is with dex/qui proc
Mon 28 Oct 2019 9:19 AM by Saroi
Lux.Thoras wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 9:05 AM
From Patchnotes i could see: The ws/con debuff doesn't stack with either str/con or dex/con debuffs.

Questions from my side to understand:
So if all Assassins can´t use them, what is the difference in the balance as before while it could be used ?
I would expect that Thrust users are now not debuffed by dex/qui proc and Str users are now not debuffed by Str/Kon. All are debuffed by weaponskill/con only, right ?

If a Nightshade debuffs a Shadowblade and the SB also the NS then it is not different as before or ?
I do not understand the Problem of the change, because i do not play a Assassin. Possibly someone can explain it to me.
Because until now i could only read that Str/con proc is nerfed, but what is with dex/qui proc

Hibernia has a 4.1 Slash weapon that has a dex/quick debuff which stacks with the ws/con debuff.
Midgard has a sword with 4.2 speed and str/con debuff. But the con part now is useless because con doesn't stack anymore.

That is what they are talking about here.
Mon 28 Oct 2019 9:41 AM by Lux.Thoras
Now I got it. Thanks for the eye opener. I mixed up the dex/con with dex/qui somehow in my mind.
With that information I understand the complain about the change.
Mon 28 Oct 2019 11:03 AM by Cadebrennus
inoeth wrote:
Sun 27 Oct 2019 4:37 PM
Mavella wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:

the thinks he owns the knowledge, while still not getting basic mechanics in daoc... everyone knows that except himself ;D time to ignore him... dont feed the troll

Yet you two are always making calls on balance "based on your gut" rather than via actual testing and experience. That's why nobody takes either of you seriously when you ask for more shit.
Mon 28 Oct 2019 11:14 AM by inoeth
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 11:03 AM
inoeth wrote:
Mavella wrote:

Yet you two are always making calls on balance "based on your gut" rather than via actual testing and experience. That's why nobody takes either of you seriously when you ask for more shit.

be both know that this is not true and it actually applies to you rather than me. at least you take it serious, or why are you fighting me so hard?
Mon 28 Oct 2019 2:11 PM by Cadebrennus
inoeth wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 11:14 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
inoeth wrote:

be both know that this is not true and it actually applies to you rather than me. at least you take it serious, or why are you fighting me so hard?

Because fighting misinformation and general whining is a civic duty.

Here is just one of my contributions to the game and to the server;
The Drunken Ranger's Guide to Drunken Celtic Dual Wielding
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3995

Other than outing yourself as a whiner, what contributions have you made to this server?
Mon 28 Oct 2019 3:12 PM by Cadebrennus
Mavella wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mavella wrote:

Sound logic.

https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11522&p
Mon 28 Oct 2019 3:21 PM by inoeth
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 2:11 PM
inoeth wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:

Other than outing yourself as a whiner, what contributions have you made to this server?

if you really wanted to fight misinformation you should mention that your slow offhand stuff is only right under certain circumstances, yet you still claim this always applies at every opportunity, which is simply wrong, and i have shown that here: https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8644
you should know that because you also posted in this thread and also PMed me about that, yet you accuse me of no contribution.
on the other hand i ask myself why does it even matter what one contributed? do you think you are always right because you posted some logs?
and what more evidence you want to have? should i post logs to show the obvious?
btw this is not general whining, its pretty specific. and if you had read closely you should have seen that i am not the only one complaining about this game breaking issue.

really cant you see that it is absurd op?
Mon 28 Oct 2019 5:12 PM by Mavella
Cadebrennus wrote:

Again I don't need to spend time on testing to know my gut is right. Beta has also been over for 10 months and the average player does not have the resources to perform and meaningful testing anyway. I know I've explained his statement to be a little more comprehensible to you before. I wont explain it again.

Cadebrennus wrote: Because fighting misinformation and general whining is a civic duty.

Keep resting on the laurels of that shit guide as if anyone cares .How many times have the devs told you that you are flat out wrong regarding mechanics now? You are and will continue to be a total joke in every thread you chime in on when it comes to mechanics.

Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 5:36 PM by Sindralor
time to get the resist tables to 5 instead of 10 so i can play a thrust infil pretty pweaasee
Mon 28 Oct 2019 6:31 PM by Riac
pls god just move the resist table from 10% to 5%.... also why is it that ppl say they are unable to play thrust infs vs sb when this is just a reduced version of the handicap that sbs face vs blade ns. SBs getting nuetral dmg on the inf while the inf is experience a 10% dmg reduction vs sb, somehow this is unplayable? yet, the sb vs ns fight goes, sb getting 10% reduced dmg on NS while the NS is getting +10% dmg vs the SB. for some reason this isnt considered unplayable, and according to some its fair?

before everyone resorts to the lack of str bullshit, im not sure str is all that good. i speced aug str 8 the other day, i normally run 0, and didnt hit for very much harder. my weaponskill was nice, but i was still missing the second part of my stun when i really needed it to land.
Mon 28 Oct 2019 7:52 PM by Cadebrennus
inoeth wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 3:21 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 2:11 PM
inoeth wrote:

if you really wanted to fight misinformation you should mention that your slow offhand stuff is only right under certain circumstances, yet you still claim this always applies at every opportunity, which is simply wrong, and i have shown that here: https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8644
you should know that because you also posted in this thread and also PMed me about that, yet you accuse me of no contribution.
on the other hand i ask myself why does it even matter what one contributed? do you think you are always right because you posted some logs?
and what more evidence you want to have? should i post logs to show the obvious?
btw this is not general whining, its pretty specific. and if you had read closely you should have seen that i am not the only one complaining about this game breaking issue.

really cant you see that it is absurd op?

"The right circumstances" for a fast offhand equals about 25 seconds of uninterrupted swinging to get that extra swing that a fast offhand will get you, on average.

"The right circumstances" for a slow offhand is everything else other than the above scenario. But go ahead and play the way you want to play.

Good job trying to muddy the waters though. I remember we chatted about logs and excel calcs and whatnot but in your last post in that linked thread you simply stated that you "didn't care" as to what was written in the Assassin threads. Good job burying your head in the sand dude.
Mon 28 Oct 2019 7:54 PM by Cadebrennus
Mavella wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 5:12 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:

Again I don't need to spend time on testing to know my gut is right. Beta has also been over for 10 months and the average player does not have the resources to perform and meaningful testing anyway. I know I've explained his statement to be a little more comprehensible to you before. I wont explain it again.

Cadebrennus wrote: Because fighting misinformation and general whining is a civic duty.

Keep resting on the laurels of that shit guide as if anyone cares .How many times have the devs told you that you are flat out wrong regarding mechanics now? You are and will continue to be a total joke in every thread you chime in on when it comes to mechanics.

Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 8:13 PM by Mavella
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 7:54 PM
Too busy with LIFE. The outside world does exist, you know. You should try it sometime. The sunlight might burn your troll skin at first, but I'm sure that eventually you might like the outdoors.

Lol really?

Shall we try I know you are but what am I next?

How about sticks and stones?

God you're such a joke.
Mon 28 Oct 2019 8:20 PM by Riac
i wish cade was so busy with life he'd just disappear off these forums for good.
Mon 28 Oct 2019 9:47 PM by Ardri
Campjr wrote:
who the f are you lol

I feel like I remember you talking about playing a hunter and there isnt one good respectable hunter on the server so there's that...

I solo'd you when i was rr5-6 on my hunter. Mrunderhill gets backstun whenever he wants.
Mon 28 Oct 2019 9:52 PM by Ardri
gruenesschaf wrote:

It's been like that since beta. How was it "wrong" for so many months when everyone knew about this? You make it seem as if the devs don't play the game.
Mon 28 Oct 2019 10:01 PM by Campjr
Ardri wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 9:47 PM
Campjr wrote:
who the f are you lol

I solo'd you when i was rr5-6 on my hunter. Mrunderhill gets backstun whenever he wants.

youre crazy lol
Mon 28 Oct 2019 10:25 PM by Ardri
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 7:54 PM
Mavella wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 5:12 PM
Nice shit post. This is what you're resorting to? Sorry I was doing what any other assassin in DF does. I killed plenty of would be hunters in that run before Kiectred got me. I won't apologize for playing the game. DF is an RvR zone. Yellow enemies are worth RPs. Simple as that.

Also, do you even play this server or just troll the forums? I notice your shit ranger is still rr3 and you always seem to be unwilling to identify who your mercenary is. I'm guessing hes probably rr4. Must be too busy TESTING!!!!!

Too busy with LIFE. The outside world does exist, you know. You should try it sometime. The sunlight might burn your troll skin at first, but I'm sure that eventually you might like the outdoors.

Ahhh the old, if you're better than me at a video game you're a no life. Bazinga'd him good.
Mon 28 Oct 2019 10:27 PM by Ardri
Campjr wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 10:01 PM
Ardri wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 9:47 PM
Campjr wrote:
who the f are you lol

youre crazy lol

I read that as in, "you're crazy good." Thanks man.
Fri 1 Nov 2019 1:26 AM by Killaloth
Mids have access to ABS buff from bonedancers.
Albs have access to ABS buff from necros.
Hibs have access to ABS buff from an animist spec that no one plays in rvr or Darkspire.

Casted damage add: same thing, no one plays an enchantment chanter.

Add casted haste for Albs.

Just spend 1 minute to ask for ABS buff and damage add, we can't do it on Hib and we don't even have damage add proc weapons to compensate.
Fri 1 Nov 2019 1:29 AM by Riac
Killaloth wrote:
Fri 1 Nov 2019 1:26 AM
Mids have access to ABS buff from bonedancers.
Albs have access to ABS buff from necros.
Hibs have access to ABS buff from an animist spec that no one plays in rvr or Darkspire.

Casted damage add: same thing, no one plays an enchantment chanter.

Add casted haste for Albs.

Just spend 1 minute to ask for ABS buff and damage add, we can't do it on Hib and we don't even have damage add proc weapons to compensate.

considering an alch can make dmg add procs for weaps or you can get a reactive one from bits and pieces merch, idk what to tell you on that.
used to ppl would hand out abs buffs like crazy, but its not so much anymore, idk if theyre lazier now or just not a billion bds around.
albs get a shitload of castable buffs though, but i dont think that matters too much. the armor tables are a much bigger problem than that.
Fri 1 Nov 2019 1:35 AM by Killaloth
Riac wrote:
Fri 1 Nov 2019 1:29 AM
considering an alch can make dmg add procs for weaps or you can get a reactive one from bits and pieces merch, idk what to tell you on that.

Damage add procs can only be combined with armor and shields, not on weapons, try yourself.
Fri 1 Nov 2019 1:40 AM by Riac
Killaloth wrote:
Fri 1 Nov 2019 1:35 AM
Riac wrote:

Damage add procs can only be combined with armor and shields, not on weapons, try yourself.

so put it on your armor...
i use 2 on my armor and they go off all the time.
Fri 1 Nov 2019 1:45 AM by Killaloth
Riac wrote:
Fri 1 Nov 2019 1:40 AM
Killaloth wrote:
Riac wrote:

I could do but I'm a fragile elf now and I prefer abla and heal procs.

My point was that Hib dual wielders not only have no access to casted ABS/dmge add/haste buffs but are also lacking a damage add proc on weapons. They have one actually but... it's on crush weapons
Fri 1 Nov 2019 8:11 AM by Cadebrennus
Riac wrote:
Fri 1 Nov 2019 1:40 AM
Killaloth wrote:
Riac wrote:

Do they go off when you're chasing a caster? I'm going to guess.....

NO
Fri 1 Nov 2019 10:27 PM by Uthred
Please be nice people, thank you.
Fri 1 Nov 2019 11:23 PM by Riac
you dont need dmg add to kill a caster.
Fri 1 Nov 2019 11:34 PM by Riac
its a shame uthred deleted your last comments, you had some really good points in there LOL. you should post them again.
Tue 5 Nov 2019 5:55 PM by Riac
guess not. cade layed down so much knowledge in that last post there is no way that it can be recreated.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics