your opinion about brigdes near the keeps

Started 10 Sep 2019
by leb
in Ask the Team
tonight and some other days, i saw duels beetween the 3 realm on bridges, and i think it's not appropriate.
shoud thy not find a another place for doing this ?
Tue 10 Sep 2019 11:01 PM by vxr
They aren't forcing you to duel, so I don't see what's inappropriate about it. You can ignore them, duel them, or attack at will.

Edit: And AFAIK these duels are not setup, they just form when you get a few soloers/deulers in the same area.
Wed 11 Sep 2019 3:15 AM by Kurbsen
should we tell him about the solo zone? i wonder if thats not appropriate as well ;p
Wed 11 Sep 2019 4:37 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Jump them if it offends you, be ready to get double teamed while your realm mate stand there and watch, though.
Wed 11 Sep 2019 6:49 AM by Sepplord
i don't really mind the ones doing it...but i can see OPs point

Would it be fine if it were bigger groups of people doing it?
Two set groups from each realm having their special little sit in, double teaming any attackers while their own realm stands idle by?

And i guarantee that people "disturbing" their chillzone would get flamed at instead of the victims saying "meh, it's our own fault for doing that here at a hot spot"
Wed 11 Sep 2019 8:37 AM by kiectred
Kurbsen wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019 3:15 AM
should we tell him about the solo zone? i wonder if thats not appropriate as well ;p

I mean he did say "shouldn't they find another place to do this?" so I'm assuming he was sarcastically referencing the solo zones they could be using instead.

Even if not, it seems clear to me he's not bothered by the action itself just the location (he didn't say stop doing it, he suggested going somewhere else).
Wed 11 Sep 2019 10:32 AM by Cadebrennus
Set duels on Live were nothing more than RP farming and a fake way to get the "Lone Enforcer" title. Let's not allow this cancer to spread on Phoenix.
Wed 18 Sep 2019 4:47 PM by trawetsnivek
Cadebrennus wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019 10:32 AM
Set duels on Live were nothing more than RP farming and a fake way to get the "Lone Enforcer" title. Let's not allow this cancer to spread on Phoenix.

As opposed to what? All the LE's that have earned the title by killing sub-50s?

Nothing wrong with duels if they happen organically. Stop trying to enforce your playstyle on others. You are not the arbiter of what is 'cancer' and what isn't.
Wed 18 Sep 2019 5:29 PM by leb
this question was for someone of the team , as this part of the forum is "ask the team" ...
Wed 18 Sep 2019 6:36 PM by Cadebrennus
trawetsnivek wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 4:47 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:

Nothing wrong with duels if they happen organically. Stop trying to enforce your playstyle on others. You are not the arbiter of what is 'cancer' and what isn't.

Yes, you are absolutely correct in assuming that someone with an artificially inflated Realm Rank gained through RP farming in a set circle-jerk thinly disguised as "dueling" is totally fair to the other players who encounter them who have a lower realm rank from playing the game without any exploitation. Sounds legit.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 5:50 AM by Sepplord
as much as i agree on this with you cade, if it's allowed for 8man...then it needs be allowed for solos too

and that 8mans are allowed to set up fights was stated during OF-times
Thu 19 Sep 2019 6:33 AM by trawetsnivek
Cadebrennus wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 6:36 PM
trawetsnivek wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:

Yes, you are absolutely correct in assuming that someone with an artificially inflated Realm Rank gained through RP farming in a set circle-jerk thinly disguised as "dueling" is totally fair to the other players who encounter them who have a lower realm rank from playing the game without any exploitation. Sounds legit.

Name one player that has even earned 5% of his realm points through farming the same few people in duels? And how is dueling "RP farming"? I had Smashboi, a nightshade, attack me 8 times in about a 30 minute span on Saturday near nGed docks and I killed him every single time. They weren't set duels. There was no bowing before each fight, and we didn't organize this through discord. I don't didn't go looking for him either (as I play a visi and he's a stealther). Essentially I farmed him for 30 minutes straight earning 8 solo kills in the process. How is that any different from what you consider duel RP farming? Calling organically occurring duels "RP farming" is hyperbole to the extreme. Does it apply to 8man's who only fight other 8mans?

These are spontaneous occurrences that happen organically when a few soloers happen to be in the same area. I've been involved in these before not because I want to farm the same people over and over again but rather out of respect for others soloing. What is the point of just attacking someone from another realm when they are already engaged in combat if my goal is to get a solo kill? Some of us prefer solo kills over earning realm points (and often you will get more realm points by killing someone solo than if you had joined into the fray). If I enter into combat with 2 people already fighting (say from different realms than my own) then I can fight the winner when he is at full health and hopefully earn a solo kill.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 7:27 AM by Cadebrennus
trawetsnivek wrote:
Thu 19 Sep 2019 6:33 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 6:36 PM
trawetsnivek wrote:

Name one player that has even earned 5% of his realm points through farming the same few people in duels? And how is dueling "RP farming"? I had Smashboi, a nightshade, attack me 8 times in about a 30 minute span on Saturday near nGed docks and I killed him every single time. They weren't set duels. There was no bowing before each fight, and we didn't organize this through discord. I don't didn't go looking for him either (as I play a visi and he's a stealther). Essentially I farmed him for 30 minutes straight earning 8 solo kills in the process. How is that any different from what you consider duel RP farming? Calling organically occurring duels "RP farming" is hyperbole to the extreme. Does it apply to 8man's who only fight other 8mans?

These are spontaneous occurrences that happen organically when a few soloers happen to be in the same area. I've been involved in these before not because I want to farm the same people over and over again but rather out of respect for others soloing. What is the point of just attacking someone from another realm when they are already engaged in combat if my goal is to get a solo kill? Some of us prefer solo kills over earning realm points (and often you will get more realm points by killing someone solo than if you had joined into the fray). If I enter into combat with 2 people already fighting (say from different realms than my own) then I can fight the winner when he is at full health and hopefully earn a solo kill.

Completely different topic. 1v1s that occur organically are some of the most exciting fights that I or anybody has had, without a doubt. Organized dueling is bullshit and is RP farming. I respect soloers and expect the same respect in turn when I am soloing, same as you. We are in complete agreement as to your post.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics